Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today (63518 Views)

Akwa-Ibom: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment Wednesday / Appeal Court Delivers Judgment In Saraki’s Case Today / Names Of The Supreme Court Justices That Struck Out Wike's Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by handie(m): 6:47am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Olodo go and read the judgement,the elections was not annulled because of any yeye violence,It was anulled because incidence forms were used where card readers failed!! This is even contrary to the akwa Ibom tribunals judgement and the appeal court Judgment in lagos state!!! Go and get your facts right!! I hope you dont die of shock when the appeal and supreme courts quashes the useless judgement!! The card readers were not contained in the electoral act hence no basis for it to be used to determine the legality of elections.
odueke, whether u like it or not, there'll be a rerun where d popularity of the two candidates will come to play..... Unlike before where what obtained was d candidate with federal power lording over everyone. Freely and fairly, Wike'll win no doubt and I hope u'll go hug a transformer when d appeal and supreme courts throw out his case. Funny thing is, u've always been soo sure of winning but always ends up losing. From Jonathan's election to Amaechi's nomination and screening, u've never had it good. I pity u

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by coldsummer: 6:52am On Oct 27, 2015
This wike dude should go and for his rerun election. Since he claims to be popular, he would not have a problem being unanimously elected governor by his people na.

BTW, I wish something would remove Ambode of lagos. The dude is not doing anything. Damn. Why can't fashola come back. The number of potholes in Lagos now is off imagination. Armed robbery in traffic and night attack has become the order of the day. The money he's supposed to have pumped into security, the guy is giving to other governors.

Mistake of a governor.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 27, 2015
Olaolufred:

I hope you will not continue you failure strings.
Because supreme court will uphold the judgement.
I think you should be prepared for a re run where wike will win free and fair. Then his mandate will be people's mandate.

Until then!! But now Wike has to exercise his constitutionally guaranteed right of appeal.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 27, 2015
This wike dude should go and for his rerun election. Since he claims to be popular, he would not have a problem being unanimously elected governor by his people na.

I would only be okay if you equally advise all the APC Governors to withdraw their defense at the various tribunals. And go for a re-run since you think they will win again!! Anything short of that would be sheer hypocrisy.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 27, 2015
handie:
odueke, whether u like it or not, there'll be a rerun where d popularity of the two candidates will come to play..... Unlike before where what obtained was d candidate with federal power lording over everyone. Freely and fairly, Wike'll win no doubt and I hope u'll go hug a transformer when d appeal and supreme courts throw out his case. Funny thing is, u've always been soo sure of winning but always ends up losing. From Jonathan's election to Amaechi's nomination and screening, u've never had it good. I pity u

They would only be a re-run when the supreme court says so and not because me or you likes it or not!!

You forgot to add that i equally predicted Fayose, Saraki and Dogara's victory!!! Besides Amaechi has only been screened and is yet to be comfirmed!!
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 27, 2015
idu1:
defending criminals is your hobby.

Next pls...

Last time i checked,i was not the one defending Fashola and Amaechi for embezzlement of public funds
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by suxkill: 7:05am On Oct 27, 2015
The day PDP will win Lagos and Kano state,that's when APC zombies can convince me to have a second thought that APC can win election in SS and SE states.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by handie(m): 7:08am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

They would only be a re-run when the supreme court says so and not because me or you likes it or not!!

You forgot to add that i equally predicted Fayose, Saraki and Dogara's victory!!! Besides Amaechi has only been screened and is yet to be comfirmed!!
Rt. Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi will be confirmed as a minister of the federal republic today and there's nothing u or anyone else can do to stop him..... I'm giving u heads up so that u don't die of shock when he's confirmed. As for Wike, the rerun is something he can't run away from. If he likes, let him go to d hague to appeal d tribunal's decision.... They'll still order a rerun
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by kennybabs1980: 7:16am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:
The tribunal ought to have waited for the supreme court to rule today before passing Judgement.The way it stands Saturday's Judgement would become null and void should the supreme court rule that it has no jurisdiction to try the case in Abuja.
since the tribunal didn't wait, what then should you do, it's not too much if you commit suicide for PDP bros

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Olaolufred(m): 7:19am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Until then!! But now Wike has to exercise his constitutionally guaranteed right of appeal.

Yes it is wike's right to go as far as supreme Court.
But to think he owns judgement is a mirage.
I know he will be making plan B for re run.
So I wish you don't make presumptous conclusion or illusions.

Remember your presumptiousness onTambuwal, mbu/amaechi, jona and election, ministerial and now tribunal.
Sometimes "a fool when he is quiet is taken to be wise" says the book of proverbs.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by EmekaBlue(m): 7:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Amaechi connection everywhere.na waa
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by zizicandy(f): 7:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by free2ryhme: 7:33am On Oct 27, 2015
grin grin
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 27, 2015
Justice Prevail
Need something on Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by free2ryhme: 7:34am On Oct 27, 2015
angry
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by globalresource: 7:34am On Oct 27, 2015
Wike, pls kindly do the rerun.simple
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by brenister10: 7:37am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Tough season ke? The last time I checked Wike is still the Governor of River state and Saraki is still the senate president!! Lolz You yoruba people never cease to amaze me!! Better go back and fous on your amala politics and leave easterners to discuss theirs!! Bloody slowpoke

Shoookudi, is rivers an eastern state?... E be like say you are high on Bonny weed

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by vizboy(m): 7:38am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by robay(m): 7:38am On Oct 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Expectedly, the supreme court will rule in APC's favour. But the people of Rivers state will forever protect their mandate. Wike will win the elections even if Buhari himself is the INEC Chairman.
Chestbeater Are u GOD,datz how u all make mouth in d general election dat buhari can never win,idiot

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by ukelament(m): 7:39am On Oct 27, 2015
my fingers are crossed.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Pope22(m): 7:39am On Oct 27, 2015
I hate amaechi sooooooooooo much.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by richard870(m): 7:41am On Oct 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Expectedly, the supreme court will rule in APC's favour. But the people of Rivers state will forever protect their mandate. Wike will win the elections even if Buhari himself is the INEC Chairman.
You just nailed it bro wink
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by free2ryhme: 7:41am On Oct 27, 2015
ORACLE1975:
The Supreme Court will on Tuesday deliver a judgment on whether or not the Rivers State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal which nullified the election of Governor Nyesom Wike on Saturday had the jurisdiction to hear the case against the governor.

The Justice Mohammed Ambrosa-led tribunal had on Saturday nullified Wike’s election as it upheld allegations by the All Progressives Congress and its governorship candidate, Dakuku Peterside, that the election which held on April 11, 2015 was conducted in substantial non-compliance with the Electoral Act.

But Saturday’s judgment would amount to nullity if the Supreme Court holds on Tuesday that the proceedings of the tribunal had been conducted without requisite jurisdiction.

Wike and his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, had in an appeal filed before the Supreme Court, challenged the jurisdiction of the tribunal on the grounds of its relocation from Port Harcourt, the capital of Rivers State, where the election took place, to Abuja.

The appellants argued that the tribunal lacked territorial jurisdiction to hear the petition by the APC and Peterside in Abuja.

Dissatisfied with the ruling of the tribunal which affirmed that its relocation to Abuja because of security concerns was in order, Wike had appealed to the Court of Appeal.

The governor, who lost the appeal at the Court of Appeal, took his appeal to the Supreme Court.

A panel of the Supreme Court led by Justice John Fabiyi, had on October 16, heard the appeal by Wike and adjourned till Tuesday for judgment.

President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, who exercises administrative powers on election petition tribunals in the country, had directed the relocation of the sittings of the tribunals in Rivers, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa and Taraba states to to Abuja due to security concerns in the states.

But Wike had contended that the tribunal lacked the territorial jurisdiction to hear the petition in Abuja.

Wike challenged the powers of the President of the Court of Appeal to order the tribunal’s relocation to Abuja.

The governor argued that the tribunal’s relocation to Abuja was in breach of Section 285 (2) of the Nigerian Constitution and the provisions of the Electoral Act 2010.

He urged the tribunal to relocate to Port Harcourt in compliance with provisions of the constitution and the Electoral Act.

The tribunal then led by Justice Mu’azu Pindiga, who later handed over to Justice Ambrosa, had in a ruling on July 27, 2015 dismissed Wike’s motion.

Justice Pindiga held that contrary to Wike’s argument, the tribunal had not violated any provision of the law since the relocation to Abuja was for security reasons.

The judge faulted Wike’s argument that proximity and accessibility were major determining factors in deciding the venue of a tribunal.

Justice Pindiga held that proximity and accessibility could not be determined in the absence of security for the tribunal members and litigants.

He said the President of the Appeal Court acted within the ambit of the law, which emphasises the need for a proper atmosphere for the tribunal to hold its proceedings.

He held that the tribunal had not violated any provision of the law since the relocation to Abuja was for security reasons.

Source: http://punchng.com/2015/10/1385

There is not a single post by punch newspaper online or in print which relates to the above quoted opening post anywhere. why lie about the link behind the post? Google search through up a lot of similar post and interestingly none has punch.com to it.

is it that moderators don't verify post before moving it to frontage or are reluctant to verify the links beneath the post?

Seun pls look into this
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by buoye1(m): 7:42am On Oct 27, 2015
All this drama should please end!

Becoming boring
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by globalresource: 7:44am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Tough season ke? The last time I checked Wike is still the Governor of River state and Saraki is still the senate president!! Lolz You yoruba people never cease to amaze me!! Better go back and fous on your amala politics and leave easterners to discuss theirs!! Bloody slowpoke

The last time i checked you are a old time member of nairaland. You should be someone others should look up to.

Being tribalistic and insulting a tribe wont add anything good to you. Please drop it
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Abbycite(m): 7:45am On Oct 27, 2015
Even if election is conducted in Kano right now......am not so sure APC will win

You pple dont know the extent of Nigerian disappoitment in your so-called CHANGE. Even the most vocal supporters are complaining.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by nkemdi89(f): 7:46am On Oct 27, 2015
if there wasn't election in rivers that means same applies to kano. I won't be surprised if the supreme Court won't favours wike. My fear is the likely violence they will likely erupt during the re run election.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by bigfoot79(m): 7:49am On Oct 27, 2015
It is only in rare cases that the Supreme Court will interfere with or upturn a judgment of the court of appeal.:
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by cabbasa: 7:51am On Oct 27, 2015
We r all aware of the election in rivers during the general election. Observers in the state inform Nigeria about the anomalies in River's election. Why is Wike and PDP crying foul of the Judgment. If they are sure of victory, they should return to the poll and v a rerun. To prove APC and critics wrong beyond doubtful doubt.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by okpor2(m): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2015
Nd in all dis what is d gain of d Rivers people?The money bn used by their leaders wuld have better their lives.In all it is a lose lose situation for d people.D lawyers all SAN are smiling to d banks.Only God knows how many millions of d peoples common wealth d leaders are using in dis needless litigations. My thoughts please
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Oseh1(m): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2015
POLITICS!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by benjsniper33: 7:53am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Oloribruku ode!! This is not osun state go back to your brown roof region.

Then you and your offspring must never enter southwest not to talk of going to lagos.
Remain in your gully-racked, infertile lands, and continue to stretch your throats chanting "seccession" while your fellow "sensible" igbos makes money in southwest and overseas

Omojatijati

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic / Yahaya Bello's Condolence Letter To Dino Melaye On The Death Of His Mother / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & President Tinubu In His Office In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.