Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter (1135 Views)

My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / Renouncing My Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:58am On Oct 27, 2015
-Jesus is God,

-Jesus is God's only begotten son,

-Jesus is God's word,

-Holy spirit is God,

-Holy Spirit is the comforter,

-God is Holy Spirit,

-God is Jesus in human body,

-Jesus die for Christians sin (a dying God)!!!

-Jesus was crucified and the father can't protect his only begotten son from his enemies (maybe he's not loved by his father) [a crucified God],
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by menesheh(m): 8:09am On Oct 27, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
-Jesus is God,

-Jesus is God's only begotten son,

-Jesus is God's word,

-Holy spirit is God,

-Holy Spirit is the comforter,

-God is Holy Spirit,

-God is Jesus in human body,

-Jesus die for Christians sin (a dying God)!!!

-Jesus was crucified and the father can't protect his only begotten son from his enemies (maybe he's not loved by his father) [a crucified God],

Crazy idea of jesus, holy spirit and god as one is a silly one.

That's why Muslims always get mad about Christian concept of jesus. For all i know is that the battle between two evils and absurd ideas will never turn to good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by carinmom(f): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2015
They will never be able to explain all these nonsense because they are gullible and brainwashed to believe what ever nonsense and lies written in their books by unknown historians.
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2015
menesheh:

Crazy idea of jesus, holy spirit and god as one is a silly one.

That's why Muslims always get mad about Christian concept of jesus. For all i know is that the battle between two evils and absurd ideas will never turn to good.

What are you trying to say xef
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by menesheh(m): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

What are you trying to say xef

Is what i already said above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by JewelRegi(f): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2015
Jesus is not a dying God, He resurrected on the third day HE has the key of life and death in his hands. God the Father, God the son(Jesus) and God the holy spirit (comforter). Jesus was made flesh and dwelt among me, He gave his life on earth that we might live if we believe in him (eternal life). In the days of old (Israelite) blood of a lamb is used for sanctification, God needed mankind to be redeemed he sent his Begotten son, at the cross Jesus was carrying the sins of the world and God does not behold iniquity, God had to forsake his begotten son for ur soul to be redeemed. Rom 6:23, Eph 1:14, col 1:20,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2015
JewelRegi:
Jesus is not a dying God, He resurrected on the third day HE has the key of life and death in his hands. God the Father, God the son(Jesus) and God the holy spirit (comforter). Jesus was made flesh and dwelt among me, He gave his life on earth that we might live if we believe in him (eternal life). In the days of old (Israelite) blood of a lamb is used for sanctification, God needed mankind to be redeemed he sent his Begotten son, at the cross Jesus was carrying the sins of the world and God does not behold iniquity, God had to forsake his begotten son for ur soul to be redeemed. Rom 6:23, Eph 1:14, col 1:20,
@embolden, for the three days he [jesus(a.s)] was "dead", who was taking care of the heavens the earth and all that is therein(since you claim that he is God)?
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by yakwas(m): 8:41am On Oct 27, 2015
I Sometimes rack my brain on this. But all I know is that my fellow Christians don't know the real truth dat
Jesus (Isa) ASW! is a Prophet like MUHAMMAD (SAW), like Moses (Musa) ASW, like Solomon (Sulaiman) ASW, like David (Dawud) ASW.... and so on...
But, Both Muslims and Christians are serving only one God (Allah), who created us onto the earth to worship HIM and abide HIS commandments, and unto HIM we will return to, to account for all our deeds on the Earth...
May we be included among those dat will enter Paradise (Aljannah Firdaus)... Aameeeen...

NB: No Negative Thoughts..
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by JewelRegi(f): 10:39am On Oct 27, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@embolden, for the three days he [jesus(a.s)] was "dead", who was taking care of the heavens the earth and all that is therein(since you claim that he is God)?

It's not a claim but fact, read the bible, God is trinity
Pls repent and give your life to God, because he love u
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by dolphinheart(m): 10:48am On Oct 27, 2015
Trinity is a false doctrine . Not surported by the scriptures .
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 27, 2015
JewelRegi:

It's not a claim but fact, read the bible, God is trinity
Pls repent and give your life to God, because he love u
Trinity?! the only verse of the bible that explicitly joins the truine(father, son and holyspirit) as one is 1john5:7, however this verse is an insertion by the church(Roman catholics) which was erroneously adapted by the protestants, this verse was first seen in the 3rd edition of the erasmus bible in the 15th century, this verse is never found in any of the old greek manuscripts, the Roman catholics had no scriptural evidence to back up their polytheistic belief(three gods) hence this verse(1john5:7) was inserted into the bible. salam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by Scholar8200(m): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2015
lexiconkabir:
Trinity?! the only verse of the bible that explicitly joins the truine(father, son and holyspirit) as one is 1john5:7, however this verse is an insertion by the church(Roman catholics) which was erroneously adapted by the protestants, this verse was first seen in the 3rd edition of the erasmus bible in the 15th century, this verse is never found in any of the old greek manuscripts, the Roman catholics had no scriptural evidence to back up their polytheistic belief(three gods) hence this verse(1john5:7) was inserted into the bible. salam!
Here's how we test it- Does it contradict other portions of Scripture? eg;

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:19

It did not say names.

Was this inserted too?

How about:

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them

Genesis 1:26,27

Lest some one say He was referring to the Angels when He said US, let such remember that in NO part of scripture are Angels described as partners in Creation! Besides, if that referred to Angels, at least the next verse should have been the subjects (Angels) carrying out the command! Lest another claim that was a royal plural, let such realise that if that is the case. what use was the soliloquism recorded?

Finally.
21 that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:21

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2015
@Scholar8200, just the person I wanted to see cheesy, anyway I am yet to see how those verses you quoted joins the truine as ONE like 1john5:7 did.
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by Scholar8200(m): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@Scholar8200, just the person I wanted to see cheesy, anyway I am yet to see how those verses you quoted joins the truine as ONE like 1john5:7 did.

Consider the Words of Christ in Matthew 28:19 and John 17:21

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Name is singular but reference is to Three Personalities.

21 that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Here Jesus explicitly stated the manner of His Oneness with the Father and describes it as the Glory He had before the World began. John 17:5.
Why did He not mention the Spirit? He was praying here, not giving a teaching to aid man's understanding.

If we were to go to a court before an indifferent judge , the latter will stand as an express evidence while the latter will stand as an implied evidence both of which are admissible for our purposes because they neither contradict each other or 1 John 5:7!

1 Like

Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by Scholar8200(m): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
lexiconkabir:

Consider the Words of Christ in Matthew 28:19 and John 17:21

Here Jesus explicitly stated the manner of His Oneness with the Father and describes it as the Glory He had before the World began. John 17:5.

If we were to go to a court , the latter will stand as an express evidence while the latter will stand as an implied evidence both of which are admissible for our purposes because they neither contradict each other or 1 John 5:7!
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
Scholar8200:

going by your logic, if i say, "write that house in the name of Kabir, Gafar and Rahman" i am refering to one person? i dont think so.
Jesus explicitly stated the manner of His Oneness with the Father and describes it as the Glory He had before the World began.
going by this logic, the disciples, jesus and the father are all one making them part of the trinity. because jesus also made the same statement about his disciples
If we were to go to a court , the latter will stand as an express evidence.
if we were to go to court, physical evidence will be required and as it stands 1john5:7 is NOT in any old greek manuscript. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
Scholar8200:
Here's how we test it- Does it contradict other portions of Scripture? eg;

It did not say names.

Was this inserted too?

How about:

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them

Genesis 1:26,27

Lest some one say He was referring to the Angels when He said US, let such remember that in NO part of scripture are Angels described as partners in Creation! Besides, if that referred to Angels, at least the next verse should have been the subjects (Angels) carrying out the command! Lest another claim that was a royal plural, let such realise that if that is the case. what use was the soliloquism recorded?

Finally.

I don't like debating trinity because we've been doing that here for years unfortunately it seems not every one is revelated enough to receive it. Let me quickly explain something to all the trinitarians on this thread.

Our God is One! He only manifested in three offices for the salvation of man. The man Jesus Christ is a human body that the LORD God Almighty created to use for sacrifice for the purpose of the redemption of man; because only man can redeem man and the one doing the redemptive work must be free from sin. No man was found without sin in the law which why was why God Himself came down in a man to fullfilled the law and establish a new covenant for the redemption of man.

So Jesus was 100% man and at the same time 100% God in the spirit because the fullness of the Godhead dwelleth in him bodily. For it is written, "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself". So, Jesus Christ, after resurrection went back to being the eternal spirit that he was before manifesting in the flesh. That's why Christ in every believer is the hope of glory...His spirit lives in all we are established in the covenant of peace sealed till the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30).

Regarding baptism, consider the following scriptures...these are clear evidences that Jesus Christ is the manifestation of God Almighty in the flesh;

Matthew 1:18

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.

^^^

Jesus is the child of the Holy ghost carrying the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

John 5:43

I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.

^^^
Now the scripture above clearly shows that Jesus is the name of the Father given to the son for the purpose of redemption.

John 17:6

I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.

^^^

That was Jesus there talking to the Father; also a clear indication that the name "Jesus" is the name of the Father.

John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

^^^

The above is also an undeniable evidence that the Holy ghost came in the same name "Jesus".

Act 2:38

Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit".

^^^

That was why the early Apostles did all water baptism in the name of "Jesus Christ" and NOT father, son and holyghost ...The never repeated Matthew 28:19 because they knew that Jesus is the name of God for redemption;  which is the same name of the Father and of the son and of the Holy ghost!
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by dolphinheart(m): 11:24am On Oct 28, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

I don't like debating trinity because we've been doing that here for years unfortunately it seems not every one is revelated enough to receive it. Let me quickly explain something to all the trinitarians on this thread.

Our God is One! He only manifested in three offices for the salvation of man. The man Jesus Christ is a human body that the LORD God Almighty created to use for sacrifice for the purpose of the redemption of man; because only man can redeem man and the one doing the redemptive work must be free from sin. No man was found without sin in the law which why was why God Himself came down in a man to fullfilled the law and establish a new covenant for the redemption of man.

So Jesus was 100% man and at the same time 100% God in the spirit because the fullness of the Godhead dwelleth in him bodily. For it is written, "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself". So, Jesus Christ, after resurrection went back to being the eternal spirit that he was before manifesting in the flesh. That's why Christ in every believer is the hope of glory...His spirit lives in all we are established in the covenant of peace sealed till the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30).

Regarding baptism, consider the following scriptures...these are clear evidences that Jesus Christ is the manifestation of God Almighty in the flesh;

Matthew 1:18

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.

^^^

Jesus is the child of the Holy ghost carrying the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

John 5:43

I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.

^^^
Now the scripture above clearly shows that Jesus is the name of the Father given to the son for the purpose of redemption.

John 17:6

I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.

^^^

That was Jesus there talking to the Father; also a clear indication that the name "Jesus" is the name of the Father.

John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

^^^

The above is also an undeniable evidence that the Holy ghost came in the same name "Jesus".

Act 2:38

Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit".

^^^

That was why the early Apostles did all water baptism in the name of "Jesus Christ" and NOT father, son and holyghost ...The never repeated Matthew 28:19 because they knew that Jesus is the name of God for redemption;  which is the same name of the Father and of the son and of the Holy ghost!

False analogy
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
dolphinheart:

False analogy

I don't know who your teacher is but mine is the holyghost and He bears me witness that God is NOT three persons in one, but ONE God manifested in three offices for the redemption of man. Is as simply as that...If your Pastor/Church taught you anything contrary to the above then go back and study for yourself, salvation is a personal thing!

I will advice you to put your church doctrines and Sunday school teachings to true biblical test and you will understand what I'm talking about. The word of God will judge us all and NOT Church teachings/doctrines; so, you'd better study to show yourself approved unto God as written in 2 Timothy 2:15.

Shalom!
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by ProfessorPeter(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
lexiconkabir:
going by your logic, if i say, "write that house in the name of Kabir, Gafar and Rahman" i am refering to one person? i dont think so.
going by this logic, the disciples, jesus and the father are all one making them part of the trinity. because jesus also made the same statement about his disciples
if we were to go to court, physical evidence will be required and as it stands 1john5:7 is NOT in any old greek manuscript. Thanks for your time.
pls can you present the original manuscripts here or give us link to it. Not Islamic link
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
pls can you present the original manuscripts here or give us link to it. Not Islamic link
i wonder what makes you feel i get my information from islamic sites, however here is a wikipedia site, click here to read, wikipedia records it as AN HISTORICAL ACCOUNT OF TWO NOTABLE CORRUPTIONS OF SCRIPTURE, which means that its a fact, its even TWO, anyway visit that wikipedia site, its a fine read wink. salam!
Re: My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter by dolphinheart(m): 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
@ DoubleDeeX
I don't know who your teacher is but mine is the holyghost and He bears me witness that God is NOT three persons in one, but ONE God manifested in three offices for the redemption of man.
False analogy . If I'm wrong, proof it!

Is as simply as that...If your Pastor/Church taught you
anything contrary to the above
then go back and study for
yourself, salvation is a personal thing!
I learnt/still learning by studying the scriptures.
I will advice you to put your church doctrines and Sunday school teachings to true biblical test and you will understand what I'm talking about.
I will advise you to do same.
The word of God will judge us all and NOT Church teachings/doctrines; so, you'd better study to show yourself approved unto God as written in 2 Timothy 2:15.
Shalom!

I will advise that you follow ur advise.

How do you use the scriptures to explain one god manifested in 3 offices .

(1) (Reply)

Do We Have A Predestined Life? Can It Ever Be Changed? / Pastors Vs Jesus Christ / 10 Reasons Why Homosexual “marriage” Is Harmful And Must Be Opposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.