Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Words Battle As Tribunal Sacks Rivers Speaker, 19 Other PDP Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Words Battle As Tribunal Sacks Rivers Speaker, 19 Other PDP Lawmakers (665 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Rivers PDP Senator George Sekibo / Rivers Speaker, Adams Dabutorudima, Resigns / Ikunyi Awaji-Ibani, Rivers Speaker Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words Battle As Tribunal Sacks Rivers Speaker, 19 Other PDP Lawmakers by amlove: 10:09am On Oct 27, 2015

Four separate panels of the Rivers State National/State Assembly Elections Petitions Tribunal nullified the elections of 20 seats won by the Peoples Democratic Party’s candidates in the April 11, 2015 elections.

Among those whose elections were nullified was the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Owaji Ibani, representing Andoni constituency.

Other constituencies where the PDP candidates’ elections were nullified are Gokana, Eleme, Obio/Akpor I and II, Eleme, Etche II, Opobo/Nkoro, Akukutoru I and II, Asari Toru – and II, Bonny, Tai, ONELGA I, Degema, Khana Iand II, Port Harcourt II and Ikwerre.

The elections of the PDP candidates were upheld by the tribunals in 11 constituencies. These are Oyigbo, Etche I, Omuma, Ogu-Bolo, Port Harcourt I and III, ONELGA II, Abua/Odua, Ahoada West, Ahoada East II and Emuoha constituencies.

Earlier, the tribunal had upheld the election of the PDP candidate in Okrika constituency.

Read More Here: http://www.sooloaded.net/2015/10/words-battle-as-tribunal-sacks-rivers.html
Re: Words Battle As Tribunal Sacks Rivers Speaker, 19 Other PDP Lawmakers by ajasbaba(m): 10:10am On Oct 27, 2015
ok

we dey watch am for HD.

Stay tuned.
Re: Words Battle As Tribunal Sacks Rivers Speaker, 19 Other PDP Lawmakers by Wenebadu(f): 10:18am On Oct 27, 2015
NOTED
Re: Words Battle As Tribunal Sacks Rivers Speaker, 19 Other PDP Lawmakers by ccwizard: 11:08am On Oct 27, 2015
I wonder if the governorship election was different from the house of assembly elections. Hw come elections where upheld in 11 lga's and yet they claim there was no election in the entire state. Smh
Re: Words Battle As Tribunal Sacks Rivers Speaker, 19 Other PDP Lawmakers by amlove: 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2015
ccwizard:
I wonder if the governorship election was different from the house of assembly elections. Hw come elections where upheld in 11 lga's and yet they claim there was no election in the entire state. Smh

In the same vein, How many APC states have lost their tribunal cases?

Only PDP states were nullified.

#WeAreWatching cool

(1) (Reply)

The Place Of Card Readers In Elections- A Review Of The Ambode And Wike Cases. / CCT: Why Saraki’s Lawyers Abandoned Him In Court / Tribunal Declares Aisha Alhassan Victor In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.