Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon (2284 Views)

Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra / With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon - Vanguard / "With Biafra, It Is Finished" - Gowon {video} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by superstar1(m): 10:49am On Oct 27, 2015
Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, has dismissed threat of Nigeria’s unity as he also said that with Biafra it is finished.

General Yakubu Gowon made this statement recently in reaction to the resent protests by some youths.
He said that Nigerians have put behind them the bad memories of the 1967 civil war, and that those behind these protests on Biafra don’t have an inkling what the Biafra war cost Nigerians.

The elder statesman speaking in Lafia, the Nasarwa State capital shortly after a malaria eradication campaign questioned that ‘do they want us to go to another war? but hoped and I prayed to God that such should not happen.’

He went further to say that those involved in this campaign were being driven by just a few people and that majority of the Igbo people do not share the same view.

‘It is only them, the few, that are there but the majority of the Igbo people that I know are not with them’.

Acceding to the fact that the protesters have the right to express their feelings he stated “with Biafra it is finished”.

He said these people ‘let them say their views, yes it democracy but let s make sure they can express their wishes and desires but let them remember with Biafra it is finished. it is not a threat’

He further said that keeping Nigeria one was behind all that he did and not for hatred for the Igbo as that was what Odumegwu Ojukwu also stood for.

All I did is not a result of hatred against the Igbos but on the principle of keeping Nigeria one and this is all we are trying to do and that was why at the end of the war in other to see that there is no heard feeling we used the term no victor no vanquished

I have said if there is anything of this sort anywhere in any part of the country just like the problem of Boko Haram we should deal with it, Nigeria should deal with it in matured way .

Source: Vanguard
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by superstar1(m): 10:50am On Oct 27, 2015
Gowon just declared the Biafran Dream - Dead on Arrival.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 27, 2015
People always think difficult things are impossible to accomplish until it's finally accomplished wink
It's gowon's opinion that biafra is gone,and it's my opinion that biafra will stand oneday.

Opinions cool,nothing but opinions until it happens.

13 Likes

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by 500GP: 11:09am On Oct 27, 2015
ABSOLUTELY, WITH Biafra IT IS FINISHED..

2 Likes

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by macolino(m): 11:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Anyway that's gowon's opinion

5 Likes

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by pazienza(m): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2015
With Gowon's Angas ethnic group, it will soon be finished.
The rampaging Fulanis will see to that.

Let Gowon keep foaming over Biafra, let him not help his Angas ethnic group.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by superstar1(m): 11:31am On Oct 27, 2015
This dude has liver sha.

He just told million of biafra day dreamers that their dream is a mirage.

2 Likes

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by maestromedal(m): 11:58am On Oct 27, 2015
Nice advice from an eye witness and an insider into the civil war,I tink biafra is an agitation by partially aggrieved people cos all states are duly represented in the legislative houses nd none of their senators or ministers of now and before hv ever raised such motion.Food for thought lasan ni ooo abi they are not part of biafra.
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by athaboi(f): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Shameful old man that hs refused to put the issues on the table.. Cant beleive such old hand is frm plateau, a state that hv seen hell in the hands of the fulani's and yet no solutions in sight. I pity the poor masses of this country, their fate is left in the hand of God and surely God will save them and not this time of old mofo

2 Likes

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by pazienza(m): 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2015
Thought they said we are merely ranting online. Now they have gone to bring out old Gowon to give them hope, as the fears of Biafra. 're emergence grips them.

I watched the Gowon interview on channels TV, there was one Arewa-Oduanistan like that behind him that was smiling like a Christmas goat. You can feel he was in fear before but was then having a huge sign of relief on hearing Gowon's reassurance.

Now we have got their leaders talking about Biafra.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by omolami: 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
Who or what is Gowon?
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
Gowon is like that witch from ur maternal family who thinks you will never amount to anyfin useful.
#sarcasm wink
superstar1:
This dude has liver sha.

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by superstar1(m): 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
chigo93:
Gowon is like that witch from ur maternal family who thinks you will never amount to anyfin useful.
#sarcasm wink

Naaaaaaaaa.

He is like that wizard in your paternal family that cursed all the males in your lineage that they will always work like jackal and soldier ants, but will only reap crumbs.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by IAMTHEHERO: 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2015
With Biafra, Nigeria is finished!!!

2 Likes

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by mensdept: 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2015
That old tool used by the British will soon expire, meanwhile Biafra agitation will still be LOL.

Goon should be ashamed of himself, see what the Zoo has turned out to be because Queen Eliza dribbled his 31 year as.s in 1966
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hmmm interesting,but how can a cursed 24 year old igbo boy have lyk 7mil in his account and still counting and a Honda accord?
I don't think I'm the cursed one here cool.
superstar1:

Naaaaaaaaa.

He is like that wizard in your paternal family that cursed all the males in your lineage that they will always work like jackal and soldier ants, but will only reap crumbs.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by superstar1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
chigo93:
Hmmm interesting,but how can a cursed 24 year old igbo boy have lyk 7mil in his account and one Honda accord?
I'm just blessed cool

See what this clown is celebrating? Is that your total worth or your declared asset at CCT?

If this is what you are celebrating and what you have, I am sorry for your life. You have a long way to go.

I now understand why y1bos are garrulous. You are celebrating Honda Accord and 7milla cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Actually showed how poverty has battered your wretched family and lineage. You need to up your game boy.

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
Poor fellow coolpicture a 24 year old blowing 250k in a club wif his lady after moving lyk 2 trailer heads from apapa port.
Btw I'm a graduate and a businessmanor maybe businessboy wink
superstar1:

See what this clown is celebrating? Is that your total worth or your declared asset at CCT?

If this is what you are celebrating and what you have, I am sorry for your life. You have a long way to go.

I now understand why y1bos are garrulous. You are celebrating Honda Accord and 7milla cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Actually showed how poverty has battered your wretched family and lineage. You need to up your game boy.
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by superstar1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
chigo93:
Poor fellow coolpicture a 24 year old blowing 250k in a club wif his lady after moving lyk 2 trailer heads from apapa port.

E gba mi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the kind of air-heads Seun is admitting into politics section of NL.

Oh boy, find your way to Sexuality or Joke section. Your brain capacity is too shallow for this side of NL.

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by pazienza(m): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
mensdept:
That old tool used by the British will soon expire, meanwhile Biafra agitation will still be LOL.

Goon should be ashamed of himself, see what the Zoo has turned out to be because Queen Eliza dribbled his 31 year as.s in 1966

Calling Gowon a tool will be an insult to tools.
The British tool was the Northern Oligarchy.

Gowon was a tool of the Northern Oligarchy, that makes him a tool of tool.

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by pazienza(m): 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
: “we put him there, and we can remove him anytime”- Mutala Muhammad on Gowon

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
I can feel the pains and delusions of Gowon!
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by wytecat: 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
Because he knows they have the key to it up north, but the biafran foools are chasing after Yoruba! grin
superstar1:
This dude has liver sha.

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by wytecat: 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2015
There's really nothing wrong with people wanting to secede from a union especially the one we have, and now that Nigeria is technically expired but, to hold minority tribes hostage, blackmail Yoruba and going through the back door are the problems with ibos, not the agitation itself.

maestromedal:
Nice advice from an eye witness and an insider into the civil war,I tink biafra is an agitation by partially aggrieved people cos all states are duly represented in the legislative houses nd none of their senators or ministers of now and before hv ever raised such motion.Food for thought lasan ni ooo abi they are not part of biafra.

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
wytecat:
There's really nothing wrong with people wanting to secede from a union especially the one we have, and now that Nigeria is technically expired but, to hold minority tribes hostage, blackmail Yoruba and going through the back door are the problems with ibos, not the agitation itself.

Nobody is holding the minority tribes in ND hostage, not all the Igbo is in support of Biafra, If IPOB agitation gain the attention of UN and international bodies, UN sponsored referendum will determine the areas in SE/SS that will make up Biafra. Biafra agitators are separatist movement not backed by Igbo leaders or governors. Through out the world, this kind of movement has course so many countries to divide, eg Pakistan and India, Singapore and Malaysia, recent referendum between UK and Scotland, current agitation by Catalonia to separate from Spain. The problem is that Nigeria don't want to hear the word Biafra, If they allow referendum in SE/SS they may be surprise that those that will say no to Biafra may win but fear won't allow them. Nigeria need restructuring in any possible manner maybe have 5 countries under confederation eg Arewa, Biafra, Oduduwa, Midland and Niger Delta just like UK so that we can move forward.
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by kosovo(m): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
chigo93:
Hmmm interesting,but how can a cursed 24 year old igbo boy have lyk 7mil in his account and still counting and a Honda accord?
I don't think I'm the cursed one here cool.
Which of your family members did you offer for sacrifice?

I heard you guys are very heartless when it comes to money, you can even use your mum for money ritual. Wtf.. undecided
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by wytecat: 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
You didn't refute my claim about ibos blackmailing Yoruba.

When the bone of contention is "you are igbo, I'm not igbo and you are biafra, I'm not biafra" that's holding someone hostage.

You ibos have to first do your part before Nigeria can get involved. All you do now is noise, you are not giving Nigeria anything to work with to hold referendum. Who is representing biafra? Is it the guy that is spew hate on air about other tribes or who? You haven't taken the first step, so it's very wrong for you to say Nigeria is afraid to hear the word biafra.

Only Yoruba asked for regionalism the closest each region can get to taking charge of its destiny, during the last national conference. If most ibos are not for biafra, how come we didn't hear your voice supporting regionalism knowing outright secession May pose more problem just as you said "Nigeria fears to hear biafra"?

It still boils down to the same thing most of us know, that ibos are confused and don't know exactly what they want.

Rayhut:

Nobody is holding the minority tribes in ND hostage, not all the Igbo is in support of Biafra, If IPOB agitation gain the attention of UN and international bodies, UN sponsored referendum will determine the areas in SE/SS that will make up Biafra. Biafra agitators are separatist movement not backed by Igbo leaders or governors. Through out the world, this kind of movement has course so many countries to divide, eg Pakistan and India, Singapore and Malaysia, recent referendum between UK and Scotland, current agitation by Catalonia to separate from Spain. The problem is that Nigeria don't want to hear the word Biafra, If they allow referendum in SE/SS they may be surprise that those that will say no to Biafra may win but fear won't allow them. Nigeria need restructuring in any possible manner maybe have 5 countries under confederation eg Arewa, Biafra, Oduduwa, Midland and Niger Delta just like UK so that we can move forward.
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by Louisville141(m): 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
I won't say a thing about this issue
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
I'd prefer using your mom..#idiot
kosovo:

Which of your family members did you offer for sacrifice?

I heard you guys are very heartless when it comes to money, you can even use your mum for money ritual. Wtf.. undecided
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished, Says Gowon by Appareil(m): 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
He paid the price in the "Nigeria Prays" programme in 96. I guess God took over.It is well.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING | Bomb Blast Rocks Madagali, Adamawa State / God Rejected Jonathan’s Dollar Gift To Me – Fr. Mbaka Speaks From His New Parish / Avengers Blows Up Another Pipeline As Military consider Action Against Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.