Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN (10679 Views)

Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport / Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) / Kaduna Airport Is Now Ready For 24-hour Operations. See Its New Looks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by londonrivals: 10:28am On Oct 28, 2015
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has faulted a recent survey which rated the Port Harcourt International Airport as the worst airport in the world.

This was contained in a statement issued yesterday in Lagos by Mr. Yakubu Dati, FAAN’s General Manager, Corporate Affairs.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that the ranking by SleepingInAirports.net rated the Port Harcourt International Airport as “the dirtiest and most corrupt airport in Africa.”

FAAN, in its statement said: “Our stand is that the said ranking was unfounded as it did not take cognisance of the fact that the airport terminal was still undergoing remodeling.

“Some of its terminal operations are still conducted in a temporary structure.” The statement pointed out that the existing domestic terminal, from which both international and local flights were conducted, was undergoing remodeling.
“Apart from this, construction work is also in progress at the site of the new international terminal.

“We believe that operations at such an airport where construction work is going on simultaneously with normal flight and related operations cannot be as conducive as in those airports where there are no ongoing construction projects.
“Neither can environments at such different scenarios be equally clean, the statement added.

It said FAAN was aware of the enormous challenges posed by the peculiar operational situation at the airport and had taken several measures to alleviate the difficulties faced by passengers and other airport users. According to the statement, one of such measures includes closing down one of the tents and moving operations there to some sections of the remodeled terminal, even when work in those sections were not fully completed.

“We wish to assure all passengers, airline operators and other airport users that services at our airports are delivered at recommended international standards that ensure safety, security and comfort.

“While we regret any inconvenience experienced at these airports, including Port Harcourt International Airport, due to on-going construction projects, we promise that services at these airports will surely get better at the completion of these projects.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/port-harcourt-airport-not-the-worst-says-faan/223995/
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by madridguy(m): 10:29am On Oct 28, 2015
Stella Oduah see your life ?

6 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by jlinkd78(m): 10:29am On Oct 28, 2015
f
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Truth24(m): 10:31am On Oct 28, 2015
Well composed info... Nice one Op

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by mars123(m): 10:35am On Oct 28, 2015
well as far as goodluck jonathan,stella oduah and her bicycle riding brother is concerned, port harcourt airport is the best in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by teepsee(f): 10:35am On Oct 28, 2015
Nigerian government always defending rather than accepting and working it out

12 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Chanchit: 10:36am On Oct 28, 2015
I've rubbished the report since I heard it, it has the work of wike written over it just to sly amaechi and with all the zigzag Amaechi don jump am pass on for bro wiked to dey use soldier block him sef for room now .
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by WHOcarex: 10:37am On Oct 28, 2015
*Yawns*

15 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by ricsman(m): 10:44am On Oct 28, 2015
is it now that FG saw the report card on the airports?

why are they cantering it now?

from the write up, the report card is correct!

finish the renovation and they will reassess the airport for a new report card.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by damton(m): 11:43am On Oct 28, 2015
ok
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by seangy4konji: 11:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Deh deceive your self.

I was ashamed when I saw the article on cnn. They actually put it like this.

Are you traveling soon?Beg God that you do not have to pass through Portharcourt airport Nigeria Na so I burst into laugh. She ayamatanga full there or wetin?

No be say dem deh try mock us,they are actually wondering how a country as rich as Nigeria would have such facility and all t an airport.

They are just wondering.

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by chynergy1(m): 11:44am On Oct 28, 2015
trash.....typical of Nigerian government department.
they will never accept lapses or fault and then reverse the trend.
always paying politics with everything.

the survey was not done by Nigerian for ur information.
better accept it and go to work as soon as possible.
so sad undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 28, 2015
FAAN should be ashamed.

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 28, 2015
ricsman:
is it now that FG saw the report card on the airports?
why are they cantering it now?
from the write up, the report card is correct!
finish the renovation and they will reassess the airport for a new report card.

Don't mind them
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by obinnajr(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2015
FF
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by seunlayi(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2015
better than Ibadan airport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 28, 2015
ok
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by halix239(f): 11:48am On Oct 28, 2015
where is that sick Igbo girl that was shouting stella oduah is the best aviation minister Nigeria ever had, shameless people always defending corrupt people.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by AZeD1(m): 11:50am On Oct 28, 2015
I agree because that thing as it is now is not fit to be called an airport.
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by solowizzy(m): 11:50am On Oct 28, 2015
CALL US TODAY FOR YOUR WELDING CONSUMABLE SUPPLIES
WE SUPPLY NATION WIDE, DEALERS OF WELDING ELECTRODES/MACHINES, GRINDING CUTTING AND FLAP DISCS, ANGLE GRINDERS AND LOTS MORE !!!
CALL SOLOMON ON : 07030300880
EMAIL : solomon@girisim.com.ng

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by speedyGonzales: 11:50am On Oct 28, 2015
well, Nigeria is bloody corrupt.... when I was leaving from Lagos airport I was asked to stop by police and not enter the airport complex, I had everything set but they said if we don't bribe them we cannot enter, since I was in a hurry not to miss my flight I had to give them then as I enter the airport the customs one after the other keeps asking for bribe till you enter the plane.

we keep saying politicians are corrupt but sometimes forget even the people meant to police bad behaviour and corruption are also corrupt.

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by SirNetwork(m): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2015
Personally i dont give a damn about these ratings, they never tell you their methodologies only to come out and publish trash.

Meanwhile, for your with java programming projects my signature is there for assistance.
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2015
So could you please show us an airport worse than yours?
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Badgers14: 11:52am On Oct 28, 2015
Port Harcourt airport might not be the worst airport by FAAN standard but it sure is an eye sore... Have you ever been there

That's a shame sad

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Amack(m): 11:52am On Oct 28, 2015
A big shame to Amechi. Some people will compare him to Akpabio. If you have been to akwaibom international airport you will respect Mr akpabio.
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Decapo: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by isblog(m): 11:56am On Oct 28, 2015
Amack:
A big shame to Amechi.

How?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Hustling Life in France, Share Your Experience / Uber Set For Benin City Launch / Kaduna Marathon Holds Tomorrow. List Of Closed Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.