Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,074 members, 7,842,058 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN (10690 Views)

Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport / Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) / Kaduna Airport Is Now Ready For 24-hour Operations. See Its New Looks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by KelvinKelt(m): 11:58am On Oct 28, 2015
If an airport is rated "the poorest in the world," what makes it "international"?
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by chimchim1(m): 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
g
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by MyschoolNG(m): 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truth24:
Well composed info... Nice one Op
u r all right?
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by dovetark: 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
The fact is we would keep battling with mediocrity until we retrace our steps, go back to the drawing board and have a proper blue print of where we want our country to be. We should realize that this is our sole responsibility and outsiders can't do a better job than us other than offer advice as we are on-ground and no other person(s) know our problems better than us. A report of the state of our airport was made, rather than fault or try and make a case just to save face, I expect the authorities to look thoroughly at how they came about such rating and learn/seek ways on how to make their services better. I am fortunate to have traveled to an African country, and I saw that their domestic airport was much better than two International airports I have been to in Nigeria. Of course, I don't expect that those who did this rating would go to places where construction is ongoing. I believe that this rating was done based on the infrastructure on ground. And if that be the case, isn't it proper that existing structures and services meet a certain standard?

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by obailala(m): 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
FAAN, in its statement said: “Our stand is that the said ranking was unfounded as it did not take cognisance of the fact that the airport terminal was still undergoing remodeling

“Some of its terminal operations are still conducted in a temporary structure.” The statement pointed out that the existing domestic terminal, from which both international and local flights were conducted, was undergoing remodeling.
“Apart from this, construction work is also in progress at the site of the new international terminal.
Of course everyone knows the reason behind the rating is because of the non-existence of an airport hall; or what exactly are these FAAN people trying to say?

This is like an athlete who loses in a race and then comes up to say he didnt lose, that he only took the last position because he had a leg injury. And then one begins to wonder how this excuse negates the fact that he is at the bottom of the table.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by HopeAtHand: 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
Amack:
A big shame to Amechi. Some people will compare him to Akpabio. If you have been to akwaibom international airport you will respect Mr akpabio.

Akwa Ibom airport is lying idle..The place should be converted to Amusement park

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by KelvinKelt(m): 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
ricsman:
is it now that FG saw the report card on the airports?

why are they cantering it now?

from the write up, the report card is correct!

finish the renovation and they will reassess the airport for a new report card.
You must be a PH son!
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by mbulela: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
This publication on its own is a good enough reason to sack the top hireachy of FAAN.
That scam of a renovation and remodelling has been going on for 6 years.
Can FAAN confirm how much of the contract fee has been paid, how much is remaining, how much work has been done and what is left?
When Amaechi complained about that airport, they called him a wailer, now we can all see.

Meanwhile, Stella Oduah is a distinguished senator.

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by mbulela: 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
KelvinKelt:
If an airport is rated "the poorest in the world," what makes it "international"?
The fact that international flights land and take off from it.
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by otokx(m): 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
The most painful part for me is paying for parking in car park only to end up in a bush area. Every month those car park ticket guys collect millions but cannot construct and maintain a car park for at least 500 cars and buses. FAAN is just being economical with the truth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by mcprince32(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
Its applicable to all sectors in nigeria. None accepts failure, yet we arn't going 4wd. No It's not the worst but the worstest. #wtf.is.WTF.
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by UncleDeeee(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
FROM get mind sha. I can personally attest to most corrupt and as for the remodelling, will it take forever? it's high people quit blame game and take responsibility.
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Rossikk(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
chynergy1:
trash.....typical of Nigerian government department.
they will never accept lapses or fault and then reverse the trend.
always paying politics with everything.

the survey was not done by Nigerian for ur information.
better accept it and go to work as soon as possible.
so sad undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
You are a dunce. Do you know what 'remodelling' means? Stup.id illiterate.
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by ChelseaDr(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
No responsible child will ever condemn their mother's pot of soup. FAAN I hail oo.!!
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by haayo(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2015
Amack:
A big shame to Amechi. Some people will compare him to Akpabio. If you have been to akwaibom international airport you will respect Mr akpabio.
Amack:
Funny, it's an international airport not ameachi airport. Your president for six years used this airport tirelessly without working on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by SamJed(m): 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
madridguy:
Stella Oduah see your life ?
how this one take concern stella na....if na her fault why they no talk am when she been dey office...na wa for una o
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Koolmexxi(m): 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Instead of looking at the bright side and improving on d standards dey seem confident in wateva standards dey are stuck in... Judging by our rating as a nation and the facilities and infrastructures existing, we dey carry last...

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by Rossikk(m): 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
Koolmexxi:
Instead of looking at the bright side and improving on d standards dey seem confident in wateva standards dey are stuck in... Judging by our rating as a nation and the facilities and infrastructures existing, we dey carry last...
STFU dullard. The place is under construction! Fcking peabrain!
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by mmsen: 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Akwa Ibom airport is lying idle..The place should be converted to Amusement park

Lying idle how?

I've used it many times? There are flights going there daily.
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by banio: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
seangy4konji:
Deh deceive your self.

I was ashamed when I saw the article on cnn. They actually put it like this.

Are you traveling soon?Beg God that you do not have to pass through Portharcourt airport Nigeria Na so I burst into laugh. She ayamatanga full there or wetin?

No be say dem deh try mock us,they are actually wondering how a country as rich as Nigeria would have such facility and all t an airport.

They are just wondering.
I heard that airport has been under construction since Odili was governor of Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by seangy4konji: 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
It's a shame truthfully as Nigerias. Go get some photos and see or go there if you live close to that state.compare it to some little countries you have gone to in Africa or even Europe and you will know we are shameless people and warrant to be humiliated.
banio:

I heard that airport has been under construction since Odili was governor of Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by chynergy1(m): 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Rossikk:

i guess you know the meaning of illiteracy?
just asking you prof?

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by dovetark: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
Rossikk:

Must you insult everyone to air your view? Can't you just be civilized and share your view without raining abuses? Dunce, stupid, illiterate? Are all these words called for?... can you even engage in a debate? Well I still wouldn't blame you, a lot of humans are frustrated and depressed.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by nairalforlaughs: 3:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
Remodelling is taking too long.
I think they have to rate it the worst so something can be done fast.
This is an International Airport for Christ sake.
Ah... person don tire. Make dem do something quick quick.
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by TheMatrix3: 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
These guys should just zip it abeg!!! How many years the thing go dey under temporal renovation? Msctheeew... If you touch down from that airport, at first it looks like a market place at first

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by 1009ja: 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
“We wish to assure all passengers, airline operators and other airport users that services at our airports are delivered at recommended international standards that ensure safety, security and comfort.

Really.....This FAAN official must not have been to Omagwa in the last five years. I will not keep my goats in those tents.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by awesome11(m): 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
speedyGonzales:
well, Nigeria is bloody corrupt.... when I was leaving from Lagos airport I was asked to stop by police and not enter the airport complex, I had everything set but they said if we don't bribe them we cannot enter, since I was in a hurry not to miss my flight I had to give them then as I enter the airport the customs one after the other keeps asking for bribe till you enter the plane.

we keep saying politicians are corrupt but sometimes forget even the people meant to police bad behaviour and corruption are also corrupt.

When was that?
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN by hotdi(m): 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
madridguy:
Stella Oduah see your life ?

Lolz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads / Railway Corporation Generates N80million From Abuja-kaduna Train Service / Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.