Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude (4134 Views)

Nigerian Military Ready To Ramp Up Actions Against Pro-biafran Activists / BREAKING !! Massive Pro-Biafran Protests In London Pictures / How Buhari Should Address The Biafran Activists Issue, By Chekwas Okorie. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
Last week a significant event that shook the frontiers of Nigeria took place. Local newspapers and broadcast stations screamed while foreign news outlets reported something that seems like a peaceful protest against the arrest and detention of IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu by the DSS. The protest was carried out in cities of the SE and also in pro-Igbo-SS cities as Asaba and Port Harcourt.
I may not be in support of the balkanization of Nigeria, or the IPOB tactics in achieving it. Yet, one must not shy away from the fact that the call for succession is real and that the hand writing on the wall may one day come to pass. Many reasons have been alluded to this, but that is not what this letter is all about.
However, after the protest in Port-Harcourt tempers went high in the social media, especially from those who kept insisting that no Rivers indigene took part in it. For them, only imported Igbo youths from the SE organized the peaceful protest. But, when the list of those arrested by the security agencies were released and which showed a good majority of Igboids (Ikwerres, Etches, Ekpeyes) and Ibibios the music changed to an outright proclamation of the inexistence of anything related to Igbo in both language and association in not just Rivers but the whole South-South. Articles rented the air to declare that they were no Igbo in the South-South and of which seek to limit the Igbo nation to just the 5 South-East states. It is fair to state here that these articles weren't propagated by the Yoruba's or Hausa's but the vocal minorities of the South-South - chiefly led by the Edoid and Ijoid groups. Evidently, these minorities are selfishly acting the script of the post civil war days when many of these Igboid tribes were detached from the mainstream Igbos with lies and propaganda for exploitation and to keep brothers at daggers drawn. These folks don't even want a future UN referendum to ascertain the true stand of the Igbo subgroups, but it is clear, that there are after a compulsive allotment of these groups into their phantom Niger-Delta republic.
In the light of these and more, it is pertinent that IPOB keeps the focus of Biafra within Igboland (SE,SS,NC). There is need to strengthen these areas first, and stop chasing after shadows. The more you keep including the unwilling minorities into the picture, the more you make Biafra a charade. It is after when you've cemented the Biafran ideals in the mind of all Igboid subgroups, gotten their approval and gone a step closer to a UN sponsored referendum(like the Scottish) that you can decide to include willing minorities with a laid down mutual agreement into the fold.
For the avoidance of doubt, the republic you agitate for is clearly not what other minorities may want. For instance, the Ijaws and Edos are oil conscious and have an underlying agenda towards their own pursuit. The Edos and Ijaws on one hand seek a large expanse of land and intend adding up the Igbo speaking areas of the South-South into their lorded Niger-Delta republic. Beware of the innocence hearted minorities who would go to an extent with their divide and rule tactics to cause mistrust in the mind of the undecided S/S Igboid groups into allowing you leave them to be carved into perpetual bondage. Their intention is different from the intention of the Ibibio/Efik/Ananng/Oron/Ogoja/and to a lesser extent Ogoni who only seek a level playing republic to protect their interest with existing semi-autonomous regions, where there won't be a superior or an inferior and a country built on the tenets of liberty. These are folks you should consider into your new country.
Anything other than these will fail.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Eastlink(m): 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
Your article is on point. If and when Nigeria disintegrates everybody should answer their Papa name. The Edos should form their own republic, the Ijaws should form theirs with willing groups, while the Igbo nation does the same with all it's subgroups and other willing ones. Anything other than these is a recipe for disaster and conflict.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by carnegiefan: 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
How did I miss this beautiful thread?
Thanks OP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by chosen04(f): 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
....@ Poster, you are missing the point. The real issue is that it is these same people that will accuse you of not including them if they are not included. Moreover, we have lots of people from these areas working as coordinators with IPOB and others as proud Biafrans. I rather err in including you and you pull away that to be accused of leaving my "relation" behind

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by chosen04(f): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
@ OP, pls next time, try and write closed letter because these issues you are raising now has been extensively debated and discussed in the past. We sit in IPOB meeting with people from this axis that are proudly hardcore Biafrans and they have repeated it over and over that these people ranting on Lagos-Ibadan expressway based media houses DO NOT SPEAK FOR THEM.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by carnegiefan: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
chosen04:
....@ Poster, you are missing the point. The real issue is that it is these same people that will accuse you of not including them if they are not included. Moreover, we have lots of people from these areas working as coordinators with IPOB and others as proud Biafrans. I rather err in including you and you pull away that to be accused of leaving my "relation" behind

Undiluted truth.
I have said it here that some of the strongest believers in Biafra that I know are from non-Igbo areas. That is why IPOB says it constantly that Biafra is not a tribal thing.
Tribalists are not Biafrans.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by asha80(m): 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
carnegiefan:

Undiluted truth.
I have said it here that some of the strongest believers in Biafra that I know are from non-Igbo areas. That is why IPOB says it constantly that Biafra is not a tribal thing.
their folks in Nigeria have other ideas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by carnegiefan: 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
asha80:
their folks in Nigeria have other ideas

Prove it.
Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by asha80(m): 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
carnegiefan:

Prove it.
prove what?are you based in ph for eg?have you lived there? Do you knows the utterances of the indigenes there after the ph free kanu demonstrations ? Dont really rely ipob oversea non Igbo guys as your guide..come down here then you will know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by carnegiefan: 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
asha80:
prove what?are you based in ph for eg?have you lived there? Do you knows the utterances of the indigenes there after the ph free kanu demonstrations ? Dont really rely ipob oversea non Igbo guys as your guide..come down here then you will know

I saw THOUSANDS of pro-Biafra demonstrators in PH marching for Kanu. I did not see ANY demonstration for the opposite.
Am I going to go hunting for people speaking inside their homes?
Igbo people say that "nsi adighi ano na afo esi isi".
I am guided by the enthusiasm I see in the streets.
You know how dangerous it is to march in Nigeria. It can mean the difference between life and death.
So tell the people you are citing to come out in thousands and do the opposite.
Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
chosen04:
You folks should stop these hallucinations and face reality. The earlier you look at the bigger picture the better for us all. Let all groups pursue it self determination as deem fit. Let only those with similar objectives as the pro-Biafrans be allowed willingly into the fold. Only through this way shall your pursuits be actualized.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by asha80(m): 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
carnegiefan:

I saw THOUSANDS of pro-Biafra demonstrators in PH marching for Kanu. I did not see ANY demonstration for the opposite.
Am I going to go hunting for people speaking inside their homes?
Igbo people say that "nsi adighi ano na afo esi isi".
I am guided by the enthusiasm I see in the streets.
You know how dangerous it is to march in Nigeria. It can mean the difference between life and death.
So tell the people you are citing to come out in thousands and do the opposite.
you don't understand do you?..that demonstration riled up the indigenes despite that some indigenes themselves involved in it..i repeat that demonstatration brought up some latent feeling of resentment these guys have for igbos or anything they feel Igbo related..i will not bother telling any body anything ..when you are ready you go to ph(I simply used ph as an eg) and demonstrate again..even a die hard kanu ipob guys here based in the east here ( I guess so from the way he types) with the moniker easterleopard opened a thread saying that if it means to be forfeited for Biafra to be actualised let it be..i che na owu Anya oma ka oji de ya? You are based outside so I forgive u

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
asha80:
Carnegianfan want an all Eastern ethnic unified Biafra like the 60's. But as my article suggest you will be making a big mistake to include some recalcitrant minorities in it. To succeed, first concentrate the ideals in all Igbo areas both in the SE/SS. Make sure areas with identity crisis support this movement wholeheartedly. Many Ikwerres are still pondering on this issue, but if you can assure them of their their interest and semi-autonomous status like (China and Hongkong), believe me the next batch of pro-Biafra loyalist shall emerge from that axis. The typical Ikwerre dreads the idea of becoming a minority in an Ijaw/Edo lorded Niger-Delta republic. When you strengthen your strongholds you can then go ahead to invite other minority group that willingly would love to join. But for now forget about the Edoid tribes and Ijaws.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by asha80(m): 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
Chiwude:
Carnegianfan want an all Eastern ethnic unified Biafra like thee 60's. But as my article suggest you folks will be making a big mistake to include some recalcitrant minorities in it. To suceed, first concentrate the ideals in all Igbo areas both in the SE/SS. Make areas with identity crisis support this movement wholeheartedly. Many Ikwerres are still pondering on this issue, but if you can assure them of their interest, believe me the next batch of pro-Biafra loyalist shall emerge from that axis. The typical Ikwerre dreads the idea of becoming a minority in an Ijaw/Edo lorded Niger-Delta republic. When you strengthen your strongholds you can then go ahead to invite other minority group that willingly would love to join.
not who you are referring as you folks as I am not an ipob member..your message is better for ipon guys like carnegiefan

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Observant: 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
carnegiefan:

Undiluted truth.

Nwanne we have to consider reality on ground.
Edoid and ijawid will sabotage anything to do with the igbo struggle.

#Fact#

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
asha80:
not who you are referring as you folks as I am not an ipob member..your message is better for ipon guys like carnegiefan
I know you are not. Just referring to the IPOB folks.
Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
Observant:

Nwanne we have to consider reality on ground. Edoid and ijawid will sabotage anything to do with the igbo struggle.
#Fact#
This is the reality on ground, unless proven otherwise.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by gab264(m): 4:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
Op u are right.
I speak a lot about this last week , which attracted the mods to ban" me because of some tribalistic South wasted pple who try to truancate it.
Am just coming back now.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Abagworo(m): 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
Biafra is a country of circumstance and is no more. Igbos should work towards having a say in united Nigeria. Say no to brainwash.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by CyberWolf: 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2015
asha80:
So which side are you? Are you for one Nigeria or Biafra?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by chosen04(f): 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo:
Biafra is a country of circumstance and is no more. Igbos should work towards having a say in united Nigeria. Say no to brainwash.
Tell that to kids.niGERia is death! APC supporting Igbos like you can go ahead with your brainwashed love for an entity that is totally cursed, for us, it is bye bye to the Zoo.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Observant: 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo:

This one Nigeria is it one that will retain the status quo in governance and constitution?
Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo:
Let us put it this way. Plan A: Nigeria. Plan B: Biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by chosen04(f): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
What i love about these non-Igbo speaking IPOB members is that those that have come out to join the struggle are truly "hardcore" Biafrans. They are even more Biafrans that most of us. Ditto for Ikweres, Isokos etcs

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by chosen04(f): 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
Chiwude:
Sorry, after experiencing with the Zoo for this long, i can categorically tell that it is NOT an OPTION.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
chosen04:
What i love about these non-Igbo speaking IPOB members is that those that have come out to join the struggle are truly "hardcore" Biafrans. They are even more Biafrans that most of us. Ditto for Ikweres, Isokos etcs
Ikwerres are accepted wholeheartedly. The Isokos are an Edoid people and should join their kinsfolks .However, if they really want in, then a referendum shall be conducted and they shall prove beyond doubt that they want to join. Afterwhich terms and conditions shall be drawn to protect their interest. Like every Igboid sub-groups and other willing minorities they shall be giving a semi-independent region in Biafra.
Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
h
Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo:
You speak for yourself hypocrite and slimy fellow. when i saw your thread castigating Barcanista yesterday, i and other intelligent folks knew you were only playing politics in your usual sly ways trying to further divide the igbos and ijaws who have never being great neigbours to the Igbos...
Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Abagworo(m): 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
Chiwude:

Plan B should be republic of Igboland consisting strictly of Southeastern Igbos.
Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by Abagworo(m): 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
thekingsmen:
You speak for yourself hypocrite and slimy fellow. when i saw your thread castigating Barcanista yesterday, i and other intelligent folks knew you were only playing politics in your usual sly ways trying to further divide the igbos and ijaws who have never being great neigbours to the Igbos...

I don't tell lies to make myself feel good. I guess you would rather allow the idiiot claim Ndoki so as not to divide us.
Re: An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude by asha80(m): 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
CyberWolf:
So which side are you? Are you for one Nigeria or Biafra?
one the side of common sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafran Leader Announces New Date For Country's Independence / ""Yoruba Pastors Worse Than Boko Haram"- Nnamdi Kanu / Crowd Welcomed Uche Nwosu Apc Guber Aspirant In Owerri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.