Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu (1595 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Eating With Femi Fani-Kayode And His Family In Abuja (Photo) / Aragorn Fani-Kayode And His Vintage Car (Photos) / Femi Fani-Kayode And Precious Chikwendu In Court - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
The arrest and secret arraignment of Nnamdi Kanu, the Director of Radio Biafra and Leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, by Nigerian officials, touched off an outbreak of cathartic protests in some pockets of territory within the map of the re-imagined secessionist state of Biafra.
everal individuals, from within and outside the region, and people in other continents of the world, expressed reservations about Kanu’s ordeal. They urged the Nigerian authorities to release him and to suspend the policy of criminalizing the local pursuit of self-determination.

Femi Fani-Kayode, not one to be counted silent or indifferent in any newsworthy controversy, joined the admonishment race too. He condemned Kanu’s persecution, praised his courage, and buttressed the ever-rehashed point of the marginalization of Nd’Igbo in Nigeria –the presumed rationale for Kanu’s verbal quest for Biafra revivialism.

Waxing somewhat lyrical, Fani-Kayode swore that the actualization of Biafra was inevitable because the movement was unstoppable. “They are imbued with a spirit that cannot be suppressed and the more they cry ‘’Biafra’’, the more the spirit of the millions that were slaughtered on the Biafran side during the civil war are invoked. The more they cry ‘’Biafra’’, the more the souls of the hundreds of thousands of their people that were butchered during the pogroms in the North in the mid 60-s and thereafter are remembered…’’

If you didn’t know that Fani-Kayode was a Nigeria-Biafra civil war revisionist and a militant Igbophobia crusader, you would mistake his unsolicited solidarity for a token of brotherly camaraderie. You would count him a lover of the Igbo race and grant him an honorary Biafra citizenship in advance.

But Fani-Kayode’s notoriety for opportunistic adventurism precedes him. In this instance, as in other interventions on his record of epistolary activism, the essence of his ‘support’ sprung from his intellectual infidelity.

A little over a year ago, in the ferment of the combustible reactions to the deportation of some Igbo destitute beggars to Onitsha by the Lagos state government, it was Fani-Kayode, an indigene of Ile-Ife, Osun state, who asked whether Igbos had ‘’forgotten where they came from’’. He championed an Igbo racial profiling that resulted in into an Igbo versus Yoruba ethnic slugfest.

He told us The Bitter Truth About The Igbo. The Igbos were a collection of nomadic ‘’traders’’. They were a conceited tribe that is, at least, three generations behind Yoruba in enlightenment. The Igbos in Lagos must be content to comport themselves as those subject to their Yoruba landlord’s arbitrary expulsion.

This Fani-Kayode who is today namechecking the Igbo holocaust of the 60’s as one of the proofs that the Igbo are endangered species in modern Nigeria, blamed the Igbos for the ethnic cleansing they were subjected to in some parts of the North. The Igbo were too cocky, too ambitious, too enterprising.

They earned the bloody comeuppance.

‘’It is that same attitude of ‘‘we own everything’’, ‘‘we must have everything’’, and ‘‘we must control everything’’, that the Igbo settlers manifested in the northern region in the late 50’s and early and mid-60’s that got them into so much trouble up there with the Hausa-Fulani and that eventually led to the terrible pogroms where almost one hundred thousand of them were killed in just a few days’’.

Fani-Kayode’s conflicted translation of this single event for the sake of his Biafran sympathy shows that what version of history he advances is a function of his fickle mood. He could tweak the same tale many ways to justify his immediate allegiance.

He could cite that orgy of bloodshed as an answer to the Igbos’ suicidal plea for genocide. Or he could frame the Igbo people as hapless humans visited with unwarranted annihilation.

Fani-Kayode’s relationship to facts is governed by the dynamics of expediency.

He views history as a malleable, clayey thing, and himself, as history’s licensed potter. He could sculpt the facts of one event this way today.

Tomorrow, he takes the same lump of facts, dash it to the ground, shape the pieces of the damaged pottery into a more likeable god of truth and then beckon the whole world to worship at that shrine.

Fani-Kayode is an incorrigible manipulator. He is so at peace with maneuvering facts that he doesn’t bother to renounce his last lie. He just goes on, thinking all lies told in succession rhyme.

Before joining the chorusing choir of Biafra promoters and seeking to be its conductor, he ought to have discarded his previous narrative that the Igbos ‘’made their biggest mistake of provoking a full scale military conflict with Nigeria…’’ He ought to have announced that he has found the light and thus, was defecting from error to the camp of the truth of Igbo victimhood.

But Fani-Kayode’s trademark is being consistently inconsistent and inconsistently consistent. He manipulates facts to suit himself. He also manipulates himself to match the facts.

Fani-Kayode bends himself for anything and for everything. His opinions are tentative. His views are fluid. He is the man who lives like the amoeba.
When you review the public life he has led so far, you are hard-pressed to commend him for excelling on no other count except in being a limelight-seeking contortionist.

We all remember Fani-Kayode was a prolific producer of anti-Goodluck Jonathan soundbites. He issued missives after missives, admonishing Jonathan for nursing a second term bid. In tamer publications, he drew caricatures of an helplessly foolish Jonathan. In brash broadsides, he pilloried Jonathan as a permanently Ogogoro-inebriated man fumbling with the levers of Nigerian destiny.

Fani-Kayode soon declared apostasy. Jonathan hired him as the spokesperson of the Jonathan/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organization. And Fani-Kayode switched his subscription, porting overnight –like Saka.

In his rented role, Fani-Kayode overdosed the public with anti-Buhari abuses.

The insults backfired and Buhari win the polls. Fani-Kayode celebrated Jonathan’s loss: the soldier of fortune bought his girlfriend a brand new, 2014 model Range Rover car, ostensibly with part of the wages the Jonathan campaign had paid him.

Lately, Fani-Kayode has made a pet project out of advocating for the balkanization of Nigeria. He has been vociferous, using as much latitude as his name recognition affords him, to make the case the disbanding of Nigeria.

He had been churning articles that purport to prove that Nigeria is cursed.Lord Lugard was a Satanist. Lugard’s girlfriend affixed a name from Devilry on the nation. The basis for yoking the Northern and Southern protectorates of Nigeria was unfeasible.

When some criminals kidnapped Olu Falae, Fani-Kayode ratcheted up his Disband Nigeria rhetoric. Fani-Kayode set out to attend an emergency summit Afenifere elders had called to address the abduction. He was trapped in the traffic while the meeting lasted. He issued a statement mourning the meeting’s loss of his contribution. Nevertheless, he endorsed the rather ridiculous communiqué that threatened that the entire Yoruba nation would secede because of one case of abduction.

But the real reason Fani-Kayode has become a secession proponent is easily discernible. He wouldn’t have been become a secession warlord if Jonathan was re-elected. Fani-Kayode is just angry that he is not in the scheme of things.

It hurts him that Muhammadu Buhari is the President of Nigeria.

In the wake of spirited resurgence of suicide bombings in the North East, Fani-Kayode was quick …to mock Nigerians. We ordered the explosions and hundreds of death tolls. We voted in Buhari!

The bombings have yet to stop. But the scale of the tragedies and the cost in souls doesn’t look promising to Fani-Kayode. They would not, progressing at this rate, suffice to crash Nigeria.

And this is a source of pain to Fani-Kayode. He desires the Nigerian state to disintegrate into its constituent puzzle pieces under Buhari’s presidency. So that, to Fani-Kayode’s satisfaction, it would be self-evident that Buhari has bungled the job of husbanding Nigeria.

Fani-Kayode is a fake secessionist. He is not an original believer in the doom of the unity of the Nigerian federation. He is simply a spoiled child of entitlement who is throwing tantrums because he is out of reckoning.

Fani-Kayode was the Senior Special Assistant (Public Affairs) to President Olusegun Obasanjo from July 2003 to June 2006. He was Minister of Culture and Tourism from June 22 to November 7, 2006. He was Minister of Aviation from November 7, 2006 to May 29, 2007.

In those years of apotheosis, Fani-Kayode was immune to the discovery of the beauty of secession. He was part of the cabinet that administered Nigeria. But as soon as his days in the corridors of Aso Rock expired, he curiously gained the revelation that Nigeria was a Satanist contraption that must be destroyed.

Fani-Kayode, the quintessential flip-flopper, will yet chew the Nigerian green-white-green flag for dinner, if you offered him the right bait. He ‘fights’ the system until he is courted and appeased with an invitation to participate in defending its working.

Fani-Kayode turned 55 recently. One of his acolytes or friends celebrated him as The Gentle Volcano. It was flattery treated with cosmetics.

An honest meditation on the public persona of Fani-Kayode would be entitled ”The Intellectual Prostitute” -or words to that effect.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by omenka(m): 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
Fani-Kayode’s conflicted translation of this single event for the sake of his Biafran sympathy shows that what version of history he advances is a
function of his fickle mood.

He could tweak the same tale many ways to justify his immediate allegiance.

Fani-Kayode’s relationship to facts is governed by the dynamics of expediency.
This is pure gold!! No greater truth than this!

Lalasticlala, it would be nice to have this on the fp as a rejoinder to the numerous inciting tirade of FFK that have been gracing the fp lately.

Cc: Chubhie, Gbawe.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by omenka(m): 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
He views history as a malleable, clayey thing, and himself, as history’s licensed potter. He could sculpt the facts of one event this way today.

Tomorrow, he takes the same lump of
facts, dash it to the ground, shape the
pieces of the damaged pottery into a
more likeable god of truth and then
beckon the whole world to worship at
that shrine.
Goddamn!! Bull's Eye!!. Is there anyone in the house who could fault these lines??
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Ngasky(m): 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
one may not share the same ideology with the op. but when the moment of truth comes we have to look at it holistically.
Nigeria should be more strict on freedom of mutiny. no country eschew mutinous propagation and what is the greatest mutiny above calls for balkasation of the sovereign state?
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by illiad: 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
K
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by porshuch: 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2015
Wise people don't listen to FFK.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by QuotaSystem: 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
kropotkin2:

It hurts him that Muhammadu Buhari is the President of Nigeria.

Simple and short.

That's another reason the anti-fulani propaganda is being championed by him and Afenifere; Jonathan apologists that have lost out.
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Phemostiga(m): 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
Gjk
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
Wetin con coinsern me? Anybody wey tie corn to his buttocks will become an object of mockery to the birds!!!

Na igbo people spread dem yansh wey nonentities like FFK dey help them scrub am.

E no coinsern me at all...at all cost
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Koleman(m): 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
Like i always and will always continue to say: "Who takes this man seriously? children offcoz."
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by baby124: 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
Biafran's can keep FFK as their minister for information. We give him to you for free. You can now start calling him Chikayoide
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Gbawe: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
omenka:

Lalasticlala, it would be nice to have this on the fp as a rejoinder to the numerous inciting tirade of FFK that have been gracing the fp lately.

Anyone who takes the opportunistic, entirely shameless, hypocritical and attention-seeking FFK seriously needs his or her head examined. You will notice most times that I never comment on anything he says. That is how lowly I view him i.e in the category of reprobates not even worth responding to. the author of the article nailed it. He worked FFK out completely and brilliantly.

Fani-Kayode is an incorrigible manipulator. He is so at peace with maneuvering facts that he doesn’t bother to renounce his last lie. He just goes on, thinking all lies told in succession rhyme.
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
story.
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dosent FFK remind you of one moniker on this forum? He sure does to me. Ok let me give you a hint: Two guys walk into a bar......... grin wink
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by mazeltov(m): 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
Actually, I have known this for so long that this lunkhead called Fani kayode is an overgrown child of circumstances. What saddens me most is the opprobrium, shame and disgrace he is obliviously fast tracking towards the race of the yourubas. What do you expect from a gobshite like him, who is ''consistently inconsistent and inconsistently consistent'' at wrongly influencing or manipulating the truth and facts just to placate his selfish self. He is simply the most contradictory man who lacks sense of responsibilities as a true citizen of this great nation. I only pity those who believe in his affection for Biafra and their aggitation for freedom. Believe Fani kayode at your own peril
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
kropotkin2:
Dosent FFK remind you of one moniker on this forum? He sure does to me. Ok let me give you a hint: Two guys walk into a bar......... grin wink

Tonye barcanista
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
its thesame FFK that nairaland IPOB jobless youths are loving cos they think his rants are sincere.

This was thesame way the IPOB jobless youths fell for Tonyebarcanista when he started dishing out a SS/SE Unity in the name of Lower eastern Niger. They forgot he was thesame guy denegrating Ojukwu by revealing his cowardness. The moment he realised they were taking his false love too serious by trying to claim his land, he quickly reminded them that it was just a one night stand in which a condom was used.

Now, the IPOB jobless youths are between the devil and the deep blue sea. Their lord has been arrested for weeks now without any form of nuclear weapon destroying Nigeria like he promised. Who knows what the animal is facing in the zoo's prison? He might be getting sexed by shekau's boko haram boys who have lost hope in a phantom 72 virgins.

It really sucks being an...

IPOB Jobless Youth

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/2667804_openteeth001001_jpeg8b44a7608399266384fa59984ac703d0[/img]

1 Like

Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
I have no false love for anybody. It has always been sincere. At no time did I cede any part of our territory for love sake, neither did I say anything different from what I've always said when preaching unity for "mutual" interest.

Thanks Sir!
juicee1:
its thesame FFK that nairaland IPOB jobless youths are loving cos they think his rants are sincere.

This was thesame way the IPOB jobless youths fell for Tonyebarcanista when he started dishing out a SS/SE Unity in the name of Lower eastern Niger. They forgot he was thesame guy denegrating Ojukwu by revealing his cowardness. The moment he realised they were taking his false love too serious by trying to claim his land, he quickly reminded them that it was just a one night stand in which a condom was used.

Now, the IPOB jobless youths are between the devil and the deep blue sea. Their lord has been arrested for weeks now without any form of nuclear weapon destroying Nigeria like he promised. Who knows what the animal is facing in the zoo's prison? He might be getting sexed by shekau's boko haram boys who have lost hope in a phantom 72 virgins.

It really sucks being an...

IPOB Jobless Youth

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/2667804_openteeth001001_jpeg8b44a7608399266384fa59984ac703d0[/img]
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Curlieweed: 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
kropotkin2:
http://saharareporters.com/2015/10/27/femi-fani-kayode-and-laughter-biafra-emmanuel-uchenna-ugwu

The language used in this article is great. However the poetry is wasted on a clown like FFK. I stopped taking him seriously the moment he (as aviation minister) claimed that demons were downing aircrafts. It was immediately obvious to me that he needed long term psychiatric care.
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I have no false love for anybody. It has always been sincere. At no time did I cede any part of our territory for love sake, neither did I say anything different from what I've always said when preaching unity for "mutual" interest.

Thanks Sir!

Was it not you taht championed the talk of Lower Niger here? I stopped supporting you for weeks but I left nl initailly because something inside me was telling me that you were riding on the gulibility of emotional Igbos here. We have see you for what you truly are. The APC guys have embarrased you here many times by digging up your past hateful posts about the Igbos. I was shocked to see some of them. Well, thank God my Igbo brothers have seen you for what you are and the Yorubas don't take you serious either.
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by seunmsg(m): 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
FFK is a clown that nobody takes seriously again in Nigeria except his fellow IPOB clowns who see him as their hero.
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Was it not you taht championed the talk of Lower Niger here? I stopped supporting you for weeks but I left nl initailly because something inside me was telling me that you were riding on the gulibility of emotional Igbos here. We have see you for what you truly are. The APC guys have embarrased you here many times by digging up your past hateful posts about the Igbos. I was shocked to see some of them. Well, thank God my Igbo brothers have seen you for what you are and the Yorubas don't take you serious either.
don't mind the protection seeker. Let him keep denying.

There is something about joining PDP; they make you play on ethnicity. When GEJ went to campaign in the anambra guber race, we all heard the tribal statements he and his cohorts made. He openly called yorubas motor park touts knowing fully well that the bigotic ibos will love such saying due to their deep hatred for the yorubas for no damn reason.

These guys did their best to turn the Ibos against the rest of Nigeria, now they are trying to pitch the Yorubas against the Fulani so as to create a confusion in the government powered by both tribes all because of a few miscreants called herdsmen.

I just wonder why they keep using thesame formula of religion and ethnicity that failed them big time.
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by SeanBlackie: 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
WHAO!!!
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by evavista: 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
FFK is a 'cheap' political prostitute, everyone knows that, nothing new

1 Like

Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by adconline(m): 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
juicee1:
don't mind the protection seeker. Let him keep denying.

There is something about joining PDP; they make you play on ethnicity. When GEJ went to campaign in the anambra guber race, we all heard the tribal statements he and his cohorts made. He openly called yorubas motor park touts knowing fully well that the bigotic ibos will love such saying due to their deep hatred for the yorubas for no damn reason.

These guys did their best to turn the Ibos against the rest of Nigeria, now they are trying to pitch the Yorubas against the Fulani so as to create a confusion in the government powered by both tribes all because of a few miscreants called herdsmen.

I just wonder why they keep using thesame formula of religion and ethnicity that failed them big time.
Stop making ur delusional Naija look like paradise. GMB campaigned on ethnic issues and has appointed most northerners to juicy positions.. Bisi Akande, APC chieftain got mad and berated APC and GMB. Newly appointed SGF thanked Tinubu and co for selecting him cos norhern fulanis would have preferred one of their own.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Pavore9: 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
FFK is an ordained chameleon!
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Chubhie: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
omenka:

The character called ffk to me is peter pan-the boy who refused to grow up. A man who can't manage nor provide leadership to his family,fights dirty and denies paternity of his children on the pages of national and international news papers. In an ideal society where citizens are well enlightened, ffk spot is the gossip magazines and not getting FP on serious national issues. That ffk still has audience shows that democracy is really a very bad idea cos a stup!d majority will always have their way.
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by Phame: 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2015

Fani-Kayode turned 55 recently. One of his acolytes or friends celebrated him as The Gentle Volcano. It was flattery treated with cosmetics.

An honest meditation on the public persona of Fani-Kayode would be entitled ”The Intellectual Prostitute” -or words to that effect.

What a sumptuous piece put out to describe the garullous jackal called fani kayode.
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by skyfall: 9:31am On Oct 29, 2015
The article is on point. Anybody that takes Fani-Kayode seriously, needs to see a doctor.
Re: Opinion:femi Fani-kayode And The Laughter Of Biafra By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu by OnReflection: 9:43am On Oct 29, 2015
It is a shame that at 55, FFK is yet to learn that his brand of rabble-rousing does little to simplify the overall problem-space.

One of them is thinking: Falana and FFK bear the same first name but that’s where the similarities end

October 27, 2015

Femi Falana and Femi Fani-Kayode both bear the same first names. Any attempt to find more similarities between them, especially in their approaches to problem solving may be stretching things a bit too far.

The difference in the thinking between Falana and Fani-Kayode becomes clear when one considers their positions on one of the biggest security challenges facing the country at the moment – the war between herdsmen and farmers across the country.

Fani-Kayode has intervened several times on the matter, from interviews to op-eds. Fani-Kayode, a former aviation minister and presidential campaign spokesman, shapes the conversation as a battle between the North and South; between Fulanis and the tribes of Southern Nigeria. In one such intervention, he described the herdsmen as “tsetse flies”, a provocative comment which led to a reprimand from Prof. Chidi Odinkalu of the National Human Rights Council.

“These herdsmen have become the pests of our nation. They are like the East African tse-tse fly: wherever they go they suck the life blood out of their hosts and, like the locust, they destroy everything in their path,” he said. “They are like leeches: they indulge in a parasitic mode of nutrition and they suck the blood of the carcass until their victim is left for dead.”

Invoking the ‘supporter of APC’ theory pushed by the Peoples Democratic Party to describe the All Progressives Congress in 2014, Fani-Kayode said, “Like the Arab supporter of APC, they are only known for the most hideous of things. This includes terror, intimidation, theft, murder, rape, abduction, mutilation, the violation of the rights of others, the destruction of the land and crops of farmers and the destruction of property.

“Anyone that doubts this should ask the people of the north central zone what they have been suffering in the hands of these vagabonds and vagrants for the last 50 years. This is especially so in Plateau, Benue, Niger, Kwara, Nassarawa, Taraba and Adamawa states,” he said.

Compare Fani-Kayode’s approach with that of top lawyer, Femi Falana, whose intervention on the matter was an attempt to proffer solutions.

“States which have large livestock populations should take advantage of the Land Use Act to acquire land for the establishment of grazing reserves,” he said, and suggested that those grazing reserves should be well policed.

Ultimately, according to Falana, the grazing reserves will be phased out and replaced with ranches and abattoirs.

“Since the Federal Government is obligated to protect the life and property of every citizen, urgent steps should be taken to avert further killings and destruction of farmlands by herdsmen,” Falana said in a statement.

Whereas Fani-Kayode called on Yorubas to offer “strong resistance to these alien cattle rearers”, Falana called on the federal government to move towards solving the problem or face a lawsuit by him.

Falana threatened that, “If the Buhari Administration does not discharge its constitutional duty by stopping the unwarranted civil disturbances, we shall not hesitate to pray the Federal High Court to compel it to act responsibly in the circumstance by ensuring the protection of the fundamental rights of every farmer to life and property.

“At the same time, we shall equally ask the court to compel the Federal Government and state government with large livestock populations to establish grazing reserves and ranches,” he said.

Falana said farmlands have continued to be destroyed due to the state’s failure to address the problem.

“Once again, I call on President Buhari to address the bloody clashes which occur regularly between farmers and Fulani herdsmen in the various parts of the country.

“Through the negligence of the state, the country has continued to witness the reckless killing of innocent farmers and the destruction of farmlands.

“Farmers, like other citizens, are entitled to the protection of the right to life and property. To halt such wanton killings, the primitive movement of thousands of heads of cattle from the north to the south should be stopped without any further delay,” Falana said.

Compare the above intervention by Falana, with the crude, insensitive way Fani-Kayode put it in another one of his pieces: “It is important that we get these marauders and vandals out of our territory as quickly as possible.”

There you have it: A tale of two Femis. One of them is actually thinking – about the country, about solutions, about handling our fault lines with care, about things other than himself. The other is Femi Fani-Kayode.

Source

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP / APC Kogi Guber Candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu Dies Of Heart Attack / IPOB Elders Message To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.