Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,333 members, 7,829,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east (4117 Views)

Governors Hold National Economic Council Meeting In Abuja(photos) / Reps Adopts 2014 Confab report / Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Candyrain(m): 8:50am On Oct 29, 2015
Ok he didn't, let's assume he uses the election preparation as an excuse. What stops PMB from implementing it?

Kingsolex1:

I wish Gej was bold enough to implement the confab, it would have solved a lot of problem.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 29, 2015
Candyrain:
Ok he didn't, let's assume he uses the election preparation as an excuse. What stops PMB from implementing it?

you know some part of Nigeria will suffer most if regional resources control should be initiated.

am not siding the president but the group of experts who advised such viewed it from different angles, I know nothing as to why such decision was taken.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Candyrain(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2015
Yea you are right, GEJ messed up but he could have used the election preparation as excuse and also the fact that the Northern elements in NASS were hell-bent on frustrating the Confab implementation.

Gr8amechi:
All these na wash....GEJ set up d so called conf why didn't him implement it?? I am a deltan but this is one of the so many sins of GEJ, you don't expect someone to implement what he was not part of,

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Kestolovee95(f): 9:23am On Oct 29, 2015
Rose2014:
Buhari is right. It's not like We Nigerians are serious about the confab report.
The only time I hear of it is whenever u mention Biafra
If u doubt me, just mention Biafra and watch how the politics section of nl will be littered with threads like 'we the SS want resource control instead' 'we want to control our oyel' 'Igbos want our oil' 'we want a republic of Nigerdelta' etc

And then, we commenters will focus on who is part of Biafra and who is not and kill ourselves all day cheesy Once the Biafra ish dies down,everyone keeps quiet again and all of us are back to square one.

Despite the fact that we all know that resource control is one weapon that will water down Biafra agitation but who will let the cat out of the bag? cheesy

In Dearpreye's voice; "Nigeria has a date with the truth"
For now, we're just dancing atilogu round the problem. Pics included

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy
cheesy

My sister the thing tire me o. If our cousins, in the ND are not ready to hold a referendum for or against Biafra, then Igbos must leave without them. I am really losing my patience. I mean with all the information at their disposal they still believe the Igbo is their problem and not the hausa-fulani and yoruba who have always scuttled resource control and impoverished them.
Posterity beckons oh! hmmmm!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Gr8amechi: 9:55am On Oct 29, 2015
Kingsolex1:

Gej was a novice in national politics he had all the time in the world to implement in but he was trying so hard not to step on toes now look at the outcome.
confab report thrashed.
GEJ was a mistake ss made, and we will live to regret it,
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Gr8amechi: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2015
Candyrain:
Yea you are right, GEJ messed up but he could have used the election preparation as excuse and also the fact that the Northern elements in NASS were hell-bent on frustrating the Confab implementation.

GEJ wasn't just a politician that's the issue

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Candyrain(m): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2015
Quite unfortunate bro. A whole lot should have been set right under GEJ but he blew the chance all becos he was trying to please the north.

Gr8amechi:
GEJ wasn't just a politician that's the issue

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:
GEJ was a mistake ss made, and we will live to regret it,

let us pray for the future, Gej saved hundreds of lives give or take he's a hero.

he's our own, nobody is above mistakes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 29, 2015
Kingsolex1:

the resolutions in it contains regional policing and resource control so there will be no national cake, rather regional cake.
Hmmmm
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 29, 2015
AuntySusan:
Hmmmm
say what's on your mind.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 29, 2015
Kingsolex1:

say what's on your mind.

If only what's on my mind will make Bubu implement it.lol

Anyway because u asked, I want it implemented. It represents the collective voice of the masses, at least majority

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 29, 2015
AuntySusan:

If only what's on my mind will make Bubu implement it.lol

Anyway because u asked, I want it implemented. It represents the collective voice of the masses, at least majority

you are right on that dear, I always knew the confab will not be implemented that's why when they were having the so called confab gathering I did not give it an inch of my attention.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Rose2014: 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
Kestolovee95:

My sister the thing tire me o. If our cousins, in the ND are not ready to hold a referendum for or against Biafra, then Igbos must leave without them. I am really losing my patience. I mean with all the information at their disposal they still believe the Igbo is their problem and not the hausa-fulani and yoruba who have always scuttled resource control and impoverished them.
Posterity beckons oh! hmmmm!

Endorsed

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by kingzizzy: 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
What right thinking Nigerian thinks someone like Buhari will implement the confab reports? It is mostly the North that will suffer if resource control is instituted. How does anyone think that Buhari will implement something that will further impoverish his people? Resource control is not coming back as long as the northerners are there. It is over their dead body that they will allow resource control or true federalism return.
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Gr8amechi: 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
Candyrain:
Quite unfortunate bro. A whole lot should have been set right under GEJ but he blew the chance all becos he was trying to please the north.

And guess what, the zoning which was the only hope if the south getting the presidency he tarnished it
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Gr8amechi: 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
Kingsolex1:

let us pray for the future, Gej saved hundreds of lives give or take he's a hero.

he's our own, nobody is above mistakes.
yea you are right, but I doubt if we will produce a president any time soon again
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Rose2014: 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
Candyrain:
My dear it's quite unfortunate that we still have people thinking like this. I've been trying to imagine what goes on in the mind of these people. When Biafra is mentioned, do they think the Igbo man will leave his Anambra or Enugu abode to Rivers to drag land and collect their oyel? It's really quite unfortunate. Maybe it's better for the Hausa/Fulani to continue milking them of their oyel than for their imaginary Igbo to do so.

Well said

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Candyrain(m): 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
Thank you. Ke kwanu nne oma?
Rose2014:
Well said

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Rose2014: 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Candyrain:
Thank you. Ke kwanu nne oma?

What version of translator is doing this great job? cheesy
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Candyrain(m): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hahahaha... I'm using no translator, this is coming from me cheesy
Rose2014:

What version of translator is doing this great job? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:
yea you are right, but I doubt if we will produce a president any time soon again

I believe every other region is now aware of the marginilzaiton in Nigerian politics, also if Gej had not betrayed OBJ cause he felt the northerners liked him,
It might take a while but it will happen but with PDP as core party then am speechless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Gr8amechi: 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
Kingsolex1:

I believe every other region is now aware of the marginilzaiton in Nigerian politics, also if Gej had not betrayed OBJ cause he felt the northerners liked him,
It might take a while but it will happen but with PDP as core party then am speechless.
are you a ss youth ??
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:
are you a ss youth ??

motive for asking??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by omolami: 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
If this is true, I strongly request SW to ignore the Conference on NE since that concerning the whole Nigeria has been discarded. Buhari making mockery of governance He is not fit to rule Nigeria It a pity what Jega did to this country.I wonder why he made himself available for rigging in Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by omolami: 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
Because NE is more important to the whole of Nigeria Foolish idea that stinks Govt should implement the reports on the National Conference which would have equally taken care of NE..Buhari should stop being undemocratic and sectional leader.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by OlujobaSamuel: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
God bless you all for your comments, I hope we can all continue like this and no tribal bigotry amidst us.
Omolami, you can do better without insulting Jega, majority voted for PMB, so leave the man out of it.
In my own view I will want resource control but I still prefer if the FG controls a certain percentage of it, most especially on education, if not some northern zones will not bother about education and this will affect other zones because we can stop them from relocating to other parts of the country.
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Rose2014: 10:56am On Oct 30, 2015
Candyrain:
Hahahaha... I'm using no translator, this is coming from me cheesy

Waoh nice
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Candyrain(m): 11:00am On Oct 30, 2015
Are you ok dear?
Rose2014:

Waoh nice

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Rose2014: 11:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Candyrain:
Are you ok dear?

Yes I am sweerie
Bn at the backseat with my bowl of popcorn
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Candyrain(m): 11:12am On Oct 30, 2015
And you didn't want me to join you? Not fair swthrt. Anyway how have you been?

Rose2014:

Yes I am sweerie
Bn at the backseat with my bowl of popcorn

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 30, 2015
Candyrain:
And you didn't want me to join you? Now fair swthrt. Anyway how have you been?

Derailers club
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Rose2014: 11:18am On Oct 30, 2015
Candyrain:
And you didn't want me to join you? Not fair swthrt. Anyway how have you been?

Check ur inbox

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu / JUST IN!!! Buhari Not Jonathan Responsible For Recession - CBN / ABIA, A STATE IN RUINS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.