Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu (4104 Views)

Ipob/hausa Clash: We Are Not Directly Involved – Army / Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa / Shooting In Maiduguri Government House As Soldiers & Police Clash Over Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by sarrki(m): 4:47pm On May 31, 2016
Deputy President of the Senate, Mr Ike Ekweremadu, has advised security agencies to always be cautious when quelling disturbances and protests to avoid unnecessary loss of lives. Ekerenmadu made the call at the Senate on Tuesday while speaking on Monday’s clashes between Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and security operatives some states in South-East and Delta. He said that the country had witnessed a lot of unnecessary killings arising from clashes by members of the public and security agencies. According to Ekweremadu, the protest by IPOB, which led to bloody clashes in Delta and Anambra could have been handled differently. `I will like to use this opportunity under Order 43 to say that the security agencies must apply caution in trying to quell disturbances. “We have had so much of blood bath in this country under different circumstances and we cannot continue to lose young men and women because the future of this country belongs to them. “It is important that this senate rise to condemn any act of killing in any part of this country, especially with the one that concern the major part of our future which remains the youth. “We are now in a democracy and people should be entitled to speak their minds and to assemble under responsible circumstances. “Security agencies must also be responsible in dealing with those circumstances to ensure that lives are not lost unnecessarily. “I just wish to bring to the notice of the senate for us to take note and possibly, the states involved to set up enquiry to find out what led to these clashes,” he said. The issue was, however, not debated by the Senate. In his remarks, President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, said that although there could not be any debate on the matter, it was necessary that actions were taken on it. “I think that the point he has raised must draw attention of all and see what necessary action will be taken in other to address this matter,” he said.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ipobpolice-clash-democracy-people-entitled-speak-minds-ekweremadu/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Ebbunwa(m): 5:25pm On May 31, 2016
nice one

8 Likes

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by cktheluckyman: 5:27pm On May 31, 2016
well said great son of igboland!! other Igbo leaders should also speak out against the needless waste of human lives yesterday in the east

cc Lalasticlala

15 Likes

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Lajet: 5:30pm On May 31, 2016
Buhari is heartless

8 Likes

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Mekus68: 6:01pm On May 31, 2016
There may not be any opportunity to take Buhari to ICC cuz he may not even survive his tenure.
If u doubt me, go check his democracy day speech. He looked "WEAK & SICK"...PDP.
So he's using his last days to kill and spill blood for his own share of 72virgins.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Elueme: 6:07pm On May 31, 2016
Mekus68:
There may not be any opportunity to take Buhari to ICC cuz he may not even survive his tenure.
If u doubt me, go check his democracy day speech. He looked "WEAK & SICK"...PDP.
So he's using his last days to kill and spill blood for his own share of 72virgins.
Badt guy! Wicked post but me somehow wan see sense for this post. Can't people be free to associate and express themselves in a modern day world and a country that is governed by the tenents of democracy? I wonder if we are cursed by the leadership we have right now.. I can't fully comprehend why the obvious lack of wisdom he has exhibited since assuming power.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by babdap: 6:28pm On May 31, 2016
The freedom of speech, movement and association are not absolute especially when such are treat to national security.
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by sinistermind(m): 6:38pm On May 31, 2016
babdap:
The freedom of speech, movement and association are not absolute especially when such are treat to national security.

How was their gathering a threat to national security?? Did they step beyond their region to cause any violence? Abeg keep that matter to yourself. I'm not in support of this IPOB thingy, but I think an ethnic cleansing is looming.

11 Likes

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 31, 2016
sinistermind:

How was their gathering a threat to national security?? Did they step beyond their region to cause any violence? Abeg keep that matter to yourself. I'm not in support of this IPOB thingy, but I think an ethnic cleansing is looming.

2 Likes

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by crestedaguiyi: 7:08pm On May 31, 2016
Our next flag bearer

3 Likes

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by mrvitalis(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2016
The government of Nigeria remain the supreme authority in Nigeria, and anyone who decides to go against her and take laws into there hands should be dealt with

Openly challenging the armed forces shows lack of respect for the country

U have senators, reps, governor, etc pressure them to chanel ur request in the right way

Any one who raise even stick against the armed forces should be shot instantly .... .

Nigeria remains supreme
The constitution is our guide and it has no provision for separation... . That's it full stop

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by mrvitalis(m): 7:15pm On May 31, 2016
Please for people who Dont know ICC has no power over Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Abeymills(m): 7:37pm On May 31, 2016
Herdsmen are still killing d president has made provisions 4dem in d so call budget of shame 2016dat took several months 2aprove by his high n might bubuhari zombies are cheering thier god instead of giving order dat dey b banned he approve money 4den giving orders 2kill other 5%ters hmmmmmm I bliv soon enough d results of all dis suppression n oppression killing will boomerang

2 Likes

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by cybernaut(m): 7:43pm On May 31, 2016
I laugh sum leaders in Nigeria is boss not leaders of tomorrow. Dis sell out igbo leaders in senate believed biafra will not come true are living in stone. If Ireland republic can separate frm united kingdom while not biafra to emerge. Time is running and is getting closer.

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by ChukwuIbrahim: 7:57pm On May 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:
well said great son of igboland!! other Igbo leaders should also speak out against the needless waste of human lives yesterday in the east

cc Lalasticlala
Wat are u sayin?
Who send iPADZ to go forment trouble yesterday?
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by ChukwuIbrahim: 7:59pm On May 31, 2016
cybernaut:
[s]I laugh sum leaders in Nigeria is boss not leaders of tomorrow. Dis sell out igbo leaders in senate believed biafra will not come true are living in stone. If Ireland republic can separate frm united kingdom while not biafra to emerge. Time is running and is getting closer.[/s]

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by gebest: 8:51pm On May 31, 2016
in otherwords u support them killing policemen nd trowing them into river niger abi? ur plans nd that of fayose against buhari will not work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by csamii: 9:04pm On May 31, 2016
mrvitalis:
The government of Nigeria remain the supreme authority in Nigeria, and anyone who decides to go against her and take laws into there hands should be dealt with

Openly challenging the armed forces shows lack of respect for the country

U have senators, reps, governor, etc pressure them to chanel ur request in the right way

Any one who raise even stick against the armed forces should be shot instantly .... .

Nigeria remains supreme
The constitution is our guide and it has no provision for separation... . That's it full stop

See why aboki people no get sense! You sure lack sense.

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Nnysher: 9:10pm On May 31, 2016
It's the inalienable right of people to stage peaceful protests. Look at what is happening in France, get no police officer or even military officer for that matter has opened fire on any protester. Nigeria is one grand deception.

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by dechriscool(m): 9:14pm On May 31, 2016
Nigeria can't be better if our leaders are dividing her citizens along ethnic line.An all inclusive government devoid of nepotism and discrimination is what this country need at this volatile period of time.
How can one explain a situation whereby security personnels throw cautions into the air when engaging protesters.What happen to rules of engagement.The security personnels are suppose to offer protection to the protesters and prevent any break of laws and other rather the reverse is case.
This act of unproffesionalism and killing of peacefull protesters in any part of this country need to stop.Whosoever that is giving these orders need to be caution.

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by ChimaAdeoye: 9:20pm On May 31, 2016
Buhari and his northern oligarchs want to push Nigeria into another civil war out of sheer hatred and bigotry.Well, he will get one sooner than later. i am only appealing to folks to begin defending themselves even if it's placing IEDs in their retreat path.

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by buhahaha: 9:38pm On May 31, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:

Wat are u sayin?
Who send iPADZ to go forment trouble yesterday?
Bross..Ipad or Ipod are free of demonstration..I told Buhari that using force on any group will make such group stronger..Last time they were shot at Onitsha, an innocent fine gal was hit by a stray bullets and she died, sm of Ipob members died too but these pple were absolutely armless.Today they have learnt how to defend themselves. Pls tell the Fulani retired general that he's teaching Igbos wot their freedom really means.

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by cokoduck: 10:08pm On May 31, 2016
gebest:
in otherwords u support them killing policemen nd trowing them into river niger abi? ur plans nd that of fayose against buhari will not work.
IPOB did not kill any police man, what are the names of the police men, there was a fight between us and them, we overpowered them near the river and they fell over, BTW, why should they disturb us during our prayers, let them go and do it to Sunnis Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by coolitempa1(f): 10:09pm On May 31, 2016
iPods are a bunch of disgusting jokers....there exist worldwide recognised provisions on how to go about secession....we have advised iPod miscreants many times on how to do it but instead...they will be taking their noise to NL and Facebook......who does that......they will come and tell blatant lies.....personally I want the country to split too or at best real federalism or confederalism.... angry....these idiots are a distraction.....
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by cokoduck: 10:10pm On May 31, 2016
buhahaha:
Bross..Ipad or Ipod are free of demonstration..I told Buhari that using force on any group will make such group stronger..Last time they were shot at Onitsha, an innocent fine gal was hit by a stray bullets and she died, sm of Ipob members died too but these pple were absolutely armless.Today they have learnt how to defend themselves. Pls tell the Fulani retired general that he's teaching Igbos wot their freedom really means.
don't mind them, they think this is 1967
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by cokoduck: 10:12pm On May 31, 2016
coolitempa1:
iPods are a bunch of disgusting jokers....there exist worldwide recognised provisions on how to go about secession....we have advised iPod miscreants many times on how to do it but instead...they will be taking their noise to NL and Facebook......who does that......they will come and tell blatant lies.....personally I want the country to split too or at best real federalism or confederalism.... angry....these idiots are a distraction.....
you are the master id10t, you sit in your bedroom and type nonsense, go to the streets, that is where we know the strong and brave.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by jlinkd78(m): 10:46pm On May 31, 2016
Courageous
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by coolitempa1(f): 10:59pm On May 31, 2016
cokoduck:
you are the master id10t, you sit in your bedroom and type nonsense, go to the streets, that is where we know the strong and brave.

You this idiotic monkey.....answer this question....what does it profit you to follow a path that leads nowhere.....ode buruku...ariwo in enu vendor rè..... angry...have you guys been infected by the muumuu bug.....you have been played by your political leaders in the background who use idiotic dunces like iPod and their likes to gain traction in politics.....when every person world wide knows that the easiest, quickest and simplest way is to follow laid down rules.... angry....this is why the army will just keep wasting your sorry lives for nothing.....a beg gerooutofffhere.... angry
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Topleague(m): 11:20pm On May 31, 2016
KILL THEM ALL BUNCH OF TROUBLE MAKER.
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Dymaco(m): 12:03am On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:
Please for people who Dont know ICC has no power over Nigeria

go school
u refuse

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Dymaco(m): 12:07am On Jun 01, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:
Wat are u sayin? Who send iPADZ to go forment trouble yesterday?
because they dont want àgain one Nigeria is by choice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Fallen Hero:Soldier Kneeling Down To Pray Has Been Killed By Boko Haram / Tony Kabaka Lands In DSS Net Over Illegal Possession Of Firearms / NIPC, FIRS Inaugurate Joint Committee On Pioneer Status Incentive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.