Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos (772 Views)

Lawmakers Struggle To Shake President Buhari (Photos) / Opinion: Why Sensible Igbos Must Speak Against Biafra Read More: Https://www.nai / See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos by Naijiant: 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
On this showing, it is hard to see many Igbo intellectuals and critical thinkers supporting Kanu.

Details and video:
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/nnamdi-kanu-would-struggle-to-recruit-sensible-igbos/

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos by vayne(m): 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
Yes,because the zoo does not give atmosphere for freedom of expression,the only thing it understands is violence,too bad.

But when the time is right,intellectuals will come out,for now,the awareness is what is. More important.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos by SmartMugu: 12:42am On Oct 29, 2015
vayne:
Yes,because the zoo does not give atmosphere for freedom of expression,the only thing it understands is violence,too bad.

But when the time is right,intellectuals will come out,for now,the awareness is what is. More important.

In my opinion, the awareness has been around for a long time. I've heard of Biafra since I was about 8 years old, now after about 3 decades, it's the same story. So, isn't 30 years enough for the awareness?

I believe everyone should fight for what they believe in, that's why I won't blame hardcore Biafra supporters, even though I'm not from any of the Biafria states.

To me, the whole "Nigeria" thing is a scam. The British did this to us and left us to deal with it. We are too divided to be together.

From when a central government is in place in Nigeria, only a certain region of Nigeria enjoys most of what our 'united' Nigeria has to offer, going back to Tafawa Balewa days.The same region has everything to lose if Nigeria splits. In other words, we are just being forced to be together only for the benefit of a certain region of the country.

Nnamdi did his best to create the awareness the Biafra people needed, but what's the point when he only gets media support from those that claim to believe in his dream? His people only supported by yelling on social media and TV. I'd expect a more mature approach versus screaming on TV and social media.

Folks died for Martin Luther King/Malcolm X's dreams, but in Nigeria, you're on your own. Everyone cares only about theirs.

So, where are the intellectuals that would risk everything for the same Biafra fight that started several years ago, even before some of the wailers here were born?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos by vayne(m): 12:52am On Oct 29, 2015
SmartMugu:

In my opinion, the awareness has been around for a long time. I've heard of Biafra since I was about 8 years old, now after about 3 decades, it's the same story. So, isn't 30 years enough for the awareness?

I believe everyone should fight for what they believe in, that's why I won't blame hardcore Biafra supporters, even though I'm not from any of the Biafria states.

To me, the whole "Nigeria" thing is a scam. The British did this to us and left us to deal with it. We are too divided to be together.

From when a central government is in place in Nigeria, only a certain region of Nigeria enjoys most of what our 'united' Nigeria has to offer, going back to Tafawa Balewa days.The same region has everything to lose if Nigeria splits. In other words, we are just being forced to be together only for the benefit of a certain region of the country.

Nnamdi did his best to create the awareness the Biafra people needed, but what's the point when he only gets media support from those that claim to believe in his dream? His people only supported by yelling on social media and TV. I'd expect a more mature approach versus screaming on TV and social media.

Folks died for Martin Luther King/Malcolm X's dreams, but in Nigeria, you're on your own. Everyone cares only about theirs.

So, where are the intellectuals that would risk everything for the same Biafra fight that started several years ago, even before some of the wailers here were born?

At we agree One-Nigeria is a SCAM.
Biafra may have been on for yrs,but this particular one is different because of the approach,the radio station,the offline protests,the intellectuals will come out to endorse it when the time is right,it's not something one can just carelessly do,when we both know these politicians are after their stomachs looking for appointments,they need to be sure.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos by vayne(m): 12:52am On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos by SmartMugu: 2:21am On Oct 29, 2015
vayne:

At we agree One-Nigeria is a SCAM.
Biafra may have been on for yrs,but this particular one is different because of the approach,the radio station,the offline protests the intellectuals will come out to endorse it when the time is right it's not something one can just carelessly do,when we both know these politicians are after their stomachs looking for appointments,they need to be sure.
If I may ask, who exactly are the 'intellectuals'? I'd assume most of us here are learned enough to be intellectuals in our respective disciplines. So, are we talking about some alien, foreign or heavenly intellectuals?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos by vayne(m): 6:01am On Oct 29, 2015
SmartMugu:

If I may ask, who exactly are the 'intellectuals'? I'd assume most of us here are learned enough to be intellectuals in our respective disciplines. So, are we talking about some alien, foreign or heavenly intellectuals?
Am referring to our top men,politicians,those that if they say "yes",then know the shit just got real .

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos by LordMecuzy(m): 6:09am On Oct 29, 2015
The Igbo intellectuals and businessmen don't give a damp about Biafra for now... Just the jobless online dudes killing themselves

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos by M4gunners: 6:16am On Oct 29, 2015
The attention that is needed, has been created by Mr Kanu,with time all will be history.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Would Struggle To Recruit Sensible Igbos by Naijiant: 8:50am On Oct 29, 2015
SmartMugu:

They are people with intellect. People you have to convince with sound reasoning and not emotion. Right now, those people would look at Kanu and see that all he has to offer is hate-filled, fascist and supremacist hot air.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let’s Kill Tribalism Before It Kills Nigeria- Senator Ben Murray Bruce / Repost: Echoes From The Past: Nazi Germany And The APC / Free Fraud Oduduwa.yorubas This Is The Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.