Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Case Study(south Sudan) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Case Study(south Sudan) (4466 Views)

Buhari: Political Developments In South Sudan Worry Me / Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Case Study(south Sudan) by luvablesam(m): 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
South Sudan was a country carved out the present day Sudan. Five years ago, they sang songs, rallied support for getting independence,did a referendum and got a resounding YES vote. They got independence, everyone in the south was ecstatic. Some gave their houses away or sold it cheaply and they all left.

Two years afterward, people with oversized ego n selfish personal interest have set the country on fire.A lot of these people have been killed,houses burnt and just disorder all over. As guardian journalist put it 'a level of human suffering I have never seen anywhere else'

Now same people from South Sudan are seeking refuge in the main Sudan in Droves. While some Sudanese wanna help others see it as unacceptable and would want them to leave.

Now in Nigeria,Do we think breaking up is the best way to show our displeasure towards situations or working together to make Nigeria prosper?

If u are in the shoes of those Sudanese will you welcome them back or send them back to their country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by acenazt: 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
Cannibalism,kidnapping and scam has been part of the SE for God knows how long. They will be worse than south sudan.so let em Go. My north people have this sayin 'Idan ka ga gidan Abokin ka na ci da wuta watsa wa taka gidan ruwa' it translates to if you see your friend's house on fire Pour water on yours. If the biafra agitators are wise they will open their eyes and see for them selves the misfortune that southern sudan landed themselves in.

1 Like

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by luvablesam(m): 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
acenazt:
Cannibalism,kidnapping and scam has been part of the SE for God knows how long. They will be worse than south sudan.so let em Go. My north people have this sayin 'Idan ka ga gidan Abokin ka na ci da wuta watsa wa taka gidan ruwa' it translates to if you see your friend's house on fire Pour water on yours. If the biafra agitators are wise they will open their eyes and see for them selves the misfortune that southern sudan landed themselves in.

I felt really sad when I saw the news on Aljazeera n other networks. If people want to leave a country for the wrong reasons n they succeed, then there will be problems. In your small country,people will discriminate against u,some will lay claim to the actualization of ur independence from their mums wombs and think they are the 'prima' individuals.

I wish Biafra luck....Am not from the north or south. I am a Nigerian n that's what matters

5 Likes

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by DaBullIT(m): 1:18am On Oct 29, 2015
If one of them happily steals trillions from Nigeria , how much would they spend to keep control of Biafra ??

1 Like

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by ezeagu(m): 1:27am On Oct 29, 2015
If you show that South Sudan's human development was even close to Igboland's then maybe this is a valid case study:

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by basilo101: 2:27am On Oct 29, 2015
yes there will be initial challenges but give us 10 years and you will be looking for Biafran visa. South sudan lack the enormous human capital found in biafra

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by Phame: 4:30am On Oct 29, 2015
I see biafra going the way of south sudan, that's I want them to go. Igbo are more disunited than the people of S. Sudan before they broke away. So expect biafra to be in turmoil from the onset.

2 Likes

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by tonychristopher: 4:35am On Oct 29, 2015
kiss
Phame:
I see biafra going the way of south sudan, that's I want them to go. Igbo are more disunited than the people of S. Sudan before they broke away. So expect biafra to be in turmoil from the onset.

It is now I have known how Igbo are ..they are very special that is why everybody is scared of Biafra

They are disunited yet they vote with one voice
They are disunited yet you don't see their villages fight one another
They are disunited yet you don't see their governors fight one another like in ekiti state and Lagos with tinubu

People talk trash

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by tonychristopher: 4:38am On Oct 29, 2015
luvablesam:
South Sudan was a country carved out the present day Sudan. Five years ago, they sang songs, rallied support for getting independence,did a referendum and got a resounding YES vote. They got independence, everyone in the south was ecstatic. Some gave their houses away or sold it cheaply and they all left.

Two years afterward, people with oversized ego n selfish personal interest have set the country on fire.A lot of these people have been killed,houses burnt and just disorder all over. As guardian journalist put it 'a level of human suffering I have never seen anywhere else'

Now same people from South Sudan are seeking refuge in the main Sudan in Droves. While some Sudanese wanna help others see it as unacceptable and would want them to leave.

Now in Nigeria,Do we think breaking up is the best way to show our displeasure towards situations or working together to make Nigeria prosper?

If u are in the shoes of those Sudanese will you welcome them back or send them back to their country?

This is where u make mistakes

South Sudan are Muslim and Igbo are Christian so you don't compare both

Maybe compare north Korea and south Korea to Biafra

Maybe compare Ethiopia and Eritrea

These are non Muslim state

Why are u scared of Biafra

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by Kayi(m): 5:38am On Oct 29, 2015
Is Silver Kiir or Marshal that is Muslim?
Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by IGBOPRINCE: 5:53am On Oct 29, 2015
acenazt:
we re not southern sudan, we re biafran, we re capitalist, we're builders, we re explorers, we re materials, sorry, if s/sudan failed then we shall paves way to succeed.

Cos we believes in humans empowerment.
When we get to the bridge we shall cross it.
Thanx for your pessimistic views, but we'll definitely overcomes all trials.

Mark my words, biafran is a blessings in disguise that will happens to nigeria.
Watch out.

My take.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by IGBOPRINCE: 5:57am On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
lol.. Your fear/hatred will consume you. We ve heard these statement before.

Biafra will overcome it cos God Is with us.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by IGBOPRINCE: 6:01am On Oct 29, 2015
tonychristopher:

eventhough s/sudan re christians, our thinking faculty is different. Even ghanian knows that.
It s not about religion, it s all about human factors and development.
So I am not one bit panic. They just don't wants biafran to leave.
But time shall tell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by tonychristopher: 6:04am On Oct 29, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
eventhough s/sudan re christians, our thinking faculty is different. Even ghanian knows that.
But time shall tell.

The question I ask is why are they scared if Biafra... I still just don't get it. They are saying that Igbo are the key that hold Nigeria

So I just don't get it

3 Likes

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by theDEVILisHERE: 6:06am On Oct 29, 2015
acenazt:

All hail

12 Likes

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by bonechamberlain(m): 6:10am On Oct 29, 2015
tonychristopher:

exactly I don't know why people always compare south Sudan and Biafra, there are so many countries in the world that disintegrated from a country, like Kosovo, Serbia, Eritrea, north korea, south Sudan, etc yet people choose to pick out only south Sudan.

5 Likes

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by PassingShot(m): 6:18am On Oct 29, 2015
tonychristopher:

South Sudan is predominantly Christian. It's the North that's predominantly Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by Vicotex(m): 6:23am On Oct 29, 2015
acenazt:
we are not sudan we are BIAFRANS. Get that into your thick naughty skull.
Last time i checked, SW was leading in Rituals, Kidnapings, Child Abuse, Thieves, Drugs, Scam, Cultism, Backwardness, Laziness, Stupidity, Sex with family members et al.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by Vicotex(m): 6:25am On Oct 29, 2015
PassingShot:

South Sudan is predominantly Christian. It's the North that's predominantly Muslim.
Does that change the Fact that we are BIAFRANS and not SUDAN?

3 Likes

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by Vicotex(m): 6:26am On Oct 29, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
But time shall tell.
Fact

3 Likes

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by Vado(m): 6:27am On Oct 29, 2015
As a matter of fact, South Sudan did the right thing. The suffering may last some years or even decades but the end would eventually justify the means and the freedom will last forever.

1 Like

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by PAINGAIN: 6:27am On Oct 29, 2015
Its obvious d op doesn't want igbos to leave Nigeria but u shouldn't scare us with how south sudan has failed since they left sudan. Igbos r not like that. We build, we don't destroy. Op also forgot to tell us about other countries that broke away but didn't turn out like south sudan. How about Eritrea, kosovo, North/south korea, czech/slovakia, serbia, bosnia and d rest of them. Pls spare us ur excuses. Igbos are never afraid to venture into d unknown.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by 500GP: 6:30am On Oct 29, 2015
tonychristopher:
kiss

It is now I have known how Igbo are ..they are very special that is why everybody is scared of Biafra

They are disunited yet they vote with one voice
They are disunited yet you don't see their villages fight one another
They are disunited yet you don't see their governors fight one another like in ekiti state and Lagos with tinubu

People talk trash

I CAN SEE IBO ARE REALLY UNITED ...

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/31/the-sack-of-non-indigenes-in-abia/

https://www.nairaland.com/776443/imo-threatens-abia-retaliation-over

HATRED BETWEEN THE IBO IS BEYOND POLITICS WHILE THE HATRED BETWEEN THE YORUBA ARE POLITICALLY MOTIVATED

# IBO CAN NEVER ACTUALISE Biafra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by godjb(f): 6:36am On Oct 29, 2015
Biafra we stand, farewell to Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by theDEVILisHERE: 6:38am On Oct 29, 2015
luvablesam:

Biafra restoration is eminent
All lies, deciet, propaganda and now Blackmail
cannot stop it
Stop wasting your time

Great men

6 Likes

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by acenazt: 6:50am On Oct 29, 2015
Vicotex:
we are not sudan we are BIAFRANS. Get that into your thick naughty skull.
Last time i checked, SW was leading in Rituals, Kidnapings, Child Abuse, Thieves, Drugs, Scam, Cultism, Backwardness, Laziness, Stupidity, Sex with family members et al.

And who said i was SW
Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by Vicotex(m): 6:58am On Oct 29, 2015
acenazt:
And who said i was SW
as if i care bou't where you from

1 Like

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by biafranking: 7:00am On Oct 29, 2015
tonychristopher:

The question I ask is why are they scared if Biafra... I still just don't get it. They are saying that Igbo are the key that hold Nigeria

So I just don't get it
simply because they dont want to find nigeria boring without biafra lol
And again,they know we re so determine, both in sports,nollywood and in all sphere of activities, we rock.
They know our usefulness, so they will died to keep us as one. Lol
Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by tonychristopher: 7:01am On Oct 29, 2015
500GP:

I CAN SEE IBO ARE REALLY UNITED ...

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/31/the-sack-of-non-indigenes-in-abia/

https://www.nairaland.com/776443/imo-threatens-abia-retaliation-over

HATRED BETWEEN THE IBO IS BEYOND POLITICS WHILE THE HATRED BETWEEN THE YORUBA ARE POLITICALLY MOTIVATED

# IBO CAN NEVER ACTUALISE Biafra

I just don't get it

When has Igbo fought themselves or are u praying for disunited Igbo

You fail

Keep reading false news
The way they told u Igbo are illiterates
Igbo land undeveloped

4 Likes

Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by luvablesam(m): 7:01am On Oct 29, 2015
tonychristopher:

South Sudanese are christians. Only 2% are Muslims...i want u guys to succeed...Why would I be afraid?..I want you all to go... It will be nice to have a new country but not by deceit or break down of order.
Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by tonychristopher: 7:02am On Oct 29, 2015
biafranking:
simply because they dont want to find nigeria boring without biafra lol
And again,they know we re so determine, both in sports,nollywood and in all sphere of activities, we rock.
They know our usefulness, so they will died to keep us as one. Lol

Oh I see
Re: Case Study(south Sudan) by tonychristopher: 7:03am On Oct 29, 2015
luvablesam:

South Sudanese are christians. Only 2% are Muslims...i want u guys to succeed...Why would I be afraid?..I want you all to go... It will be nice to have a new country but not by deceit or break down of order.

Then stop whining ...let Igbo decide their fate

If you want Igbo to go..help then achieve this ....we can have diplomatic relations

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Budgets N39.88 Billion For Oil Finding In The North,slashes N'delta Fund / US GOVT: Fayose’s Allegation On President Buhari’s Wife Aisha Was True (photos) / Jubilation As Awgu People Assure Ugwuanyi Of Adequate Security Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.