Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? (1849 Views)

Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 / 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted / Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? Read more about what Dr. Ben Carson's Seventh Day Adventism may look like:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Seventh-Day-Adventism.html

1 Share

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2015
What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? undecided
Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18am On Nov 02, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? Read more about what Dr. Ben Carson's Seventh Day Adventism may look like:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Seventh-Day-Adventism.html

Suggested Answer:

There seem to be different "degrees" of Seventh-day Adventism. Some Seventh-day Adventists believe identically to orthodox Christians, other than believing that worship should be held on Saturday and that the Saturday Sabbath should still be observed. If these are the only differences, then, yes, a person could be a Seventh-day Adventist and still be a true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.

However, some Seventh-day Adventists believe in much more than a Saturday Sabbath / worship day. Seventh-day Adventists have been known to believe in the annihilation of the wicked instead of an eternal hell, and believe that believers who die enter a state of soul sleep and that a person must observe the Saturday Sabbath in order to be saved. Other problems with some Seventh-day Adventists are belief in Ellen G. White, the founder of Seventh-day Adventism, as a true prophet of God, even though many of her "prophecies" failed to come true, and that Jesus entered a second phase of His redemptive work on October 22, 1844, as "prophesied" by Hiram Edson.

So, what is Seventh-day Adventism, and what do Seventh-day Adventists believe? Should a Christian attend a Seventh-day Adventist church? Due to the potential doctrinal issues mentioned above, we would strongly encourage believers to not get involved in Seventh-day Adventism. Yes, a person can be an advocate of Seventh-day Adventism and still be a believer. At the same time, there are enough potential issues to make attending a Seventh-day Adventist church questionable at best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? undecided

cool
Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
"What does Seventh-day Adventism teach?"

Is it Christian? Does it teach aberrant doctrines?

Read further and examine for yourself at http://ow.ly/X4GR50MiOLu

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2023
"The History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church"

The time was right. America was hot with discussions on the return of Christ.

Learn more as you follow this link: http://ow.ly/RiiM50MiOFe

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by AntiChristian: 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2023
grin

Ogbeni even your own church denomination is questionable!

2 Likes

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2023
No commentator to join you in saying anything about the religion shey?

No wonder you have put up dozens of threads in the name of the one and only organization globally known for our unique faith:

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Matthew 5:13-16

1 Like

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:56am On Jan 14, 2023
"Quotes about Ellen G. White from SDA sources"

The followers of the SDA movement elevate her greatly.

Review some examples as you read more at the following link: http://ow.ly/OjaJ50MiONL

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2023
SDA Related Websites can be explored at: http://ow.ly/7cnF50MktEg

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by Eviana(f): 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
Good morning,
I saw this thread and contemplated on commenting...
It looks like it was created in October 2015.
I actually joined the site in December 2016.
Hmmm....it looks to have been resurrected on Jan 07, 2023--- of which I somehow missed (or probably didn't log on that day until evening--my time).

Anyhow, I appreciate the OP for bringing this, my, denomination, surprisingly to the forefront yet again.

It looks like he posted a "Got questions.org" type of answer that wasn't completely accurate nor did it recommend affiliation to my church. A more accurate and reliable description would be from the denkmination itself (gc.adventist.org). The list of my denomination's beliefs are listed as one navigates through the site.

To believe the "Got questions.org" version/answer is anyone's right to have--- just as long as he/she has prayed 1). to God, 2). read his Word through the Holy Spirit's guiding, and 3). has 100 percent peace about his belief/ choice.

Mr. Olaadegbu, here are some scriptures that I need to remind myself of sometimes-- I'd like to kindly share them with you also smiley

2 Tim. 2:14-16, 19 (KJV)
14 Of these things, put them in remembrance charging, them before the Lord that they STRIVE NOT about words to no profit, but to the subverting of hearers.

15 Study to show thyself approved, a workman unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

19 Nevertheless, the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let everyone that nameth the name of Christ, depart from iniquity

2 Tim 2:23 (KJV)
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Happy Sabbath

Ms. Eviana
Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16am On Jan 22, 2023
"Does CARM recommend the Seventh-day Adventist Church?"

There are too many problems within Seventh-day Adventism to recommend it as a safe and healthy church.

See more at: http://ow.ly/zaAp50MiOVx

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by Eviana(f): 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
"Does CARM recommend the Seventh-day Adventist Church?"

There are too many problems within Seventh-day Adventism to recommend it as a safe and healthy church.

See more at: http://ow.ly/zaAp50MiOVx

Good morning,
I have "0" clue what "CARM" means, but whose ultimate opinion that matters is the Lord Jesus Christ's. Does HE recommend the church?
I will make no more comments on this thread because you clearly sir have an agenda. This seems very personal....mercy.

One thing---and I mean the only thing-- that I find admirable (although troubling in many ways) is the fact that the other religion stands united---regardless of right or wrong.

As Christians, regardless of denominational membership, the primary focus is on Jesus Christ.
That means even if I disagee with some of a denomination's doctrine, I don't go on a crusade to castigate and slander it to the world.
This is why folks of other religions or no alleged belief, have a field day roasting Christianity.

I have agreed with many scripturally-based comments from several questionable denominations (including yours--if you are a servant of Christ--or the one you heavily promote on another thread) and of which I had never heard of until I joined this site---yet still don't disparage or say that they shouldn't be recommended. It boggles my mind how the majority of Nigerian denominations both in Nigeria and in the UK even name the name of Christ with the alleged doctrines they teach? I've read countless, disturbing and grievous misinterpretations of scripture by people naming the name of Christ, the mixing of traditional Nigerian culture with the Word of God, abuse of scriptures and so forth. Never seen so much confusion in my life. It's enough to make one's head spin, BUT I chalk it up to two things: 1). a person's in error or 2). tons of false prophers and self appointed men of God abound.....hmmmm.

Your issue isn't with the Seventh-day Adventist church nor is it your enemy. Your enemy is the adversary of souls--satan.
But if you have a disagreement, kindly and respectfully discuss the issue with the people rather than go and disparage them to the world. Not Christlike at all.
Be very careful to acknowledge who the real enemy is, as you think you are fighting for the Lord. Don't do a Paul when he was "Saul". No Christian is above reproach.

You be blessed.....will keep you in my prayers.
Don't know if I should call you a "brother in Christ" or not? I hope there's no hard feelings. Not gonna battle you....just trying to discourage you from playing the role of "accuser of the brethren" if that's not your intention.

Ms. Eviana
Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2023
Eviana:

Good morning,
I have "0" clue what "CARM" means, but whose ultimate opinion that matters is the Lord Jesus Christ's. Does HE recommend the church?
I will make no more comments on this thread because you clearly sir have an agenda. This seems very personal....mercy.

One thing---and I mean the only thing-- that I find admirable (although troubling in many ways) is the fact that the other religion stands united---regardless of right or wrong.

As Christians, regardless of denominational membership, the primary focus is on Jesus Christ.
That means even if I disagee with some of a denomination's doctrine, I don't go on a crusade to castigate and slander it to the world.
This is why folks of other religions or no alleged belief, have a field day roasting Christianity.

I have agreed with many scripturally-based comments from several questionable denominations (including yours--if you are a servant of Christ--or the one you heavily promote on another thread) and of which I had never heard of until I joined this site---yet still don't disparage or say that they shouldn't be recommended. It boggles my mind how the majority of Nigerian denominations both in Nigeria and in the UK even name the name of Christ with the alleged doctrines they teach? I've read countless, disturbing and grievous misinterpretations of scripture by people naming the name of Christ, the mixing of traditional Nigerian culture with the Word of God, abuse of scriptures and so forth. Never seen so much confusion in my life. It's enough to make one's head spin, BUT I chalk it up to two things: 1). a person's in error or 2). tons of false prophers and self appointed men of God abound.....hmmmm.

Your issue isn't with the Seventh-day Adventist church nor is it your enemy. Your enemy is the adversary of souls--satan.
But if you have a disagreement, kindly and respectfully discuss the issue with the people rather than go and disparage them to the world. Not Christlike at all.
Be very careful to acknowledge who the real enemy is, as you think you are fighting for the Lord. Don't do a Paul when he was "Saul". No Christian is above reproach.

You be blessed.....will keep you in my prayers.
Don't know if I should call you a "brother in Christ" or not? I hope there's no hard feelings. Not gonna battle you....just trying to discourage you from playing the role of "accuser of the brethren" if that's not your intention.

Ms. Eviana

Thanks for responding to the posts on this thread Ms. Eviana. Can you point to any post on this thread that you object to? undecided
Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by Eviana(f): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Thanks for responding to the posts on this thread Ms. Eviana. Can you point to any post on this thread that you object to? undecided

Wow,
I didn't expect a reply. Thank you.
Yes, I do object to at least two posts on the thread.
I will be in and out of the site today....but I will reply at some point to your question a little further probably tomorrow.
Today, as I'm in and out of the site, I am gonna mainly comment on other threads in this section since they're plentiful on Sunday's.

Blessings,
Ms. Eviana
Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by Eviana(f): 1:21am On Jan 23, 2023
Mr. Olaadegbu,
Although I have just as much passion for the things of God as you do, I've had a change of heart on how to approach my concerns. I can see this easily going "left" and that's not my intention.
This is your thread. So you choose how you post info regarding Christian denominations.
I think I expressed my comments/concerns on my previous replies...
I don't want to cause more controversy.
I urge people to re-read my previous (2) replies about my denomination....Christians' obligations and most importantly Jesus Christ.
That's all...good night.

Blessings,
Ms. Eviana

1 Like

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:41am On Jan 23, 2023
Eviana:

Mr. Olaadegbu,
Although I have just as much passion for the things of God as you do, I've had a change of heart on how to approach my concerns. I can see this easily going "left" and that's not my intentions.
This is your thread. So you choose how you
I think I expressed my comments/concerns on my previous replies...
I don't want to cause more controversy.
I urge people to re-read my previoys (2) replies about my denomination....Christians' obligations and most importantly Jesus Christ.
That's all...good night.

Blessings,
Ms. Eviana

Is it true that you believe and teach that Jesus Christ is angel Michael? undecided
Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:07am On Jan 23, 2023
Will you be happy if anyone that is not a member of your church post anything about your church based on what he saw on the internet
You will just be misleading people and spreading lies
Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by Eviana(f): 10:32am On Jan 23, 2023

OLAADEGBU:

Is it true that you believe and teach that Jesus Christ is angel Michael? undecided

Let me use (2) the beloved Nigerian/Nairaland phrases that I've learned on the site:

1). "Google" is your friend.
When you find your answer from "Google", then....
2). How does it affect the price of garri?

Sorry folks, I am a jovial/humorous person at times and still love my Lord & Savior Christ. It can happen...

P.S. This is laughable in so many ways--cause I totally get what's happened here yet again. "Hi".....(it's been a minute).
Which is why I thank the Lord for the Holy Spirit and me obeying. Confirmation....Wow!
Hopefully, this is my last comment on the thread. Didn't want to be rude, uncouth and crass by ignoring his mention.

Good morning,
Ms. Eviana
Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30am On Jan 25, 2023
Is Seventh-Day Adventism Orthodox?

Watch >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9A7LHLLq7g

Over the years I have encountered many Seventh-day Adventists who have told me that to worship on Sunday is to take the mark of the Beast.

Far from being monolithic, however, Seventh-day Adventism is multifaceted. Hank Hanegraaff, the host of the π˜‰π˜ͺ𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘈𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳 π˜”π˜’π˜― broadcast and the 𝘏𝘒𝘯𝘬 𝘜𝘯𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘨𝘨𝘦π˜₯ podcast, notes there are Adventists who are thoroughly orthodox.

As such, they embrace the essentials of the historic Christian faith. While we may vigorously debate secondary issues, we are unified around the essentials for which the martyrs shed their blood.

And there are Adventists who are thoroughly liberal. They not only compromise and confuse but consistently contradict essentials of the Christian faith such as the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection, and the infallibility of Scripture.

There are traditionalists who major on aberrant Adventist doctrines including soul sleep, Sabbatarianism, and the seer status of Ellen G. White.

In sharp distinction to soul sleep, the Bible provides ample evidence that after death the soul continues to exist apart from the body (Philippians 1:21–24; 2 Corinthians 5:6–9; 12:2–4).

Likewise, God Himself provided early Christians with a new pattern of worship through Christ's resurrection on the first day of the week as well as the Spirit's descent on Pentecost Sunday.

Additionally, while Ellen White (1827–1915) claimed divine authority for her prophecies, she was obviously wrong when she prophesied that she would be alive at the second coming of Christ.

"There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His." Hebrews 4:9–10 NKJV

#seventhdayadventist #christianity #sabbath

Source

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:38am On Jan 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Will you be happy if anyone that is not a member of your church post anything about your church based on what he saw on the internet
You will just be misleading people and spreading lies

I will rather be happy to offend you into heaven than to flatter you to hell. smiley
Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Jan 28, 2023
"The Clear Word Bible and Annihilationism"

As you will see, the Clear Word Bible has drastically altered Biblical texts.

See examples at: http://ow.ly/xwcc50MiP7W

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30pm On Jan 28, 2023
"The Clear Word Bible and the Sabbath"

See more examples of Biblical texts significantly impacted by how they worded the Clear Word Bible, an SDA paraphrase.

Follow the link at http://ow.ly/QOsq50MiPaI

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2023
SDA Related Websites can be explored at: http://ow.ly/wY2O50Mx2tl

Re: What is Seventh-day Adventism, And What Do Seventh-Day Adventists Believe? by TenQ: 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
SDA Related Websites can be explored at: http://ow.ly/wY2O50Mx2tl
\I understand that within the SDA, there are many flavours of beliefs but the central thing has to do with the adherence of Saturday as the Sabbath and the belief that the Catholic Church is EVIL.

Unlike the JW, many of them seem to be Born Again and Love the Lord Jesus. That is sufficient for me. I used to seriously attack the Catholic Church but I know that despite the controversial doctrine of the elevation of Mary and the "Saints", some of them will make heaven .

I choose only to guide such except their doctrine is that which lead to death (like that of the Mormon, JW, BCS etc). The Body of Christ has so much differences and flavours that heaven must be amused with us.

Shalom Bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Do Atheists Believe In Hallucinations? / Official Memo From RCCG Confirming Change In Structure(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.