Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? (37716 Views)

'It Is Over For Magu, Buhari Can Not Send His Name To Senate Again': Dino Melaye / PDP Block Dokpesi Zoned Chairmanship To South West, Bode George Pick Form(pic) / Melaye Appears In Senate In Unusual Attire- Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Carmal90(m): 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
With the ministerial screening and confirmation, will saraki stay on as senate president for the duration of his tenure?
Or
will pdp strike back?
Or
Can apc accept him back??

For me saraki is as good as gone..

Your opinion?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by uniqueflash(m): 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
Carmal90:
With the ministerial screening and confirmation, will saraki stay on as senate president for the duration of his tenure?
Or
will pdp strike back?
Or

Your opinion?
ehyah ur opinion sucks

33 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Carmal90(m): 5:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
uniqueflash:
ehyah ur opinion sucks

Eeyah state your opinion...

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Dannyset(m): 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
No need for that anymore. He's been forgiven by the APC.

12 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by feedthenation(m): 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
In the comedy story of Nigerian politics - Saraki's case with CCB will be closed, the case will continued to be adjourned until futher notice.
He can now enjoy his Senate Presidentship until 2019.

10 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
Saraki will make peace with his party while the PDP senators will be left in the cold.

42 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Carmal90(m): 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
feedthenation:
In the comedy story of Nigerian politics - Saraki's case with CCB will be closed, the case will continued to be adjourned until futher notice.
He can now enjoy his Senate Presidentship until 2019.

Agreed partially, but dont you think pdp senator in conjuction with those apc senators opposing saraki can trigger his presidentship?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by seunmsg(m): 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
Carmal90:
Or
will pdp strike back?
Or

Your opinion?

If Saraki will vacate his seat as Senate President, it will not be as a result of PDP's displeasure with the confirmation of Amaechi and other ministerial nominees. It will be a strictly judicial or APC affair. The opposition PDP can only bark, they can't bite.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Carmal90(m): 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Saraki will make peace with his party while the PDP senators will be left in the cold.

Thos power opposing him are doing so not because he is not competent, they are doing so cos of 2019, they wont stop until they defeat him

3 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by bettercreature(m): 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
Dannyset:
No need for that anymore. He's been forgiven by the APC.
Forgiven ke? Jagaban no dey forgive person do not make mistake

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by hinwazaka: 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Do you think this was just by chance. Before confirming Amaechi, he would have discussed everything with his PDP allies. The walkout was simply a theatrical performance. If you and the APC believe he is back to his APC platform, then I pity you

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Dannyset(m): 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
bettercreature:
Forgiven ke? Jagaban no dey forgive person do not make mistake
You don't know who Jagaban is. And besides, what's his. own with court case? don't make it seems as if Jagaban is the Judge of CCT or the Counsel to the FG.

3 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by bettercreature(m): 5:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
Dannyset:

You don't know who Jagaban is. And besides, what's his. own with court case? don't make it seems as if Jagaban is the Judge of CCT or the Counsel to the FG.
You are very funny so you need a soothsayer to tell you powerfull forces are behind sarakis trial lol

1 Like

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Carmal90(m): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
seunmsg:

If Saraki will vacate his seat as Senate President, it will not be as a result of PDP's displeasure with the confirmation of Amaechi and other ministerial nominees. It will be a strictly judicial or APC affair. The opposition PDP can only bark, they can't bite.

Bros, saraki knows the strenght of pdp block in the senate, pdp senator can remove him with support of those enstranged apc senator,lets wait as we get more clearer picture in the weeks ahead

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Dannyset(m): 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
bettercreature:
You are very funny so you need a soothsayer to tell you powerfull forces are behind sarakis trial lol
If you say "forces" it means it's not only Tinubu. That's one. Secondly, it's only an assumption that Tinubu is among the forces. Then, if he's not the only force in the forces, it means other force within the forces can persuade him to forgive him since he's done one major feat for the APC by helping to confirm the nominees, especially Amaechi.

2 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by mazeltov(m): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Carmal90:
Or
will pdp strike back?
Or

Your opinion?
your opinion sucks as they have said. The power of Saraki is in the hand of Apc and not Pdp. Saraki can be impeached by the collusion of Apc senators not Pdp senators. Don't you get it? Apc is the majority so how do you expect power to be in the hand of pdp?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Carmal90(m): 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
hinwazaka:

Do you think this was just by chance. Before confirming Amaechi, he would have discussed everything with his PDP allies. The walkout was simply a theatrical performance. If you and the APC believe he is back to his APC platform, then I pity you

That should be his plan, but looking at how serious or personal pdp took ameachi matter, couple with the fact that rivers election is around the corner, but this is nigeria anything is possible, he might please them with juicy commitee chairman

1 Like

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Carmal90(m): 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
mazeltov:
your opinion sucks as they have said. The power of Saraki is in the hand of Apc and not Pdp. Saraki can be impeached by the collusion of Apc senators not Pdp senators. Don't you get it? Apc is the majority so how do you expect power to be in the hand of pdp?

Pls go and learn politics, from your input it seems you are a novice in politics, but let me educate you a little bit.
1.saraki can only be removed by 2/3 of senators
2.pdp has 48 senators
3.apc 59 senators
4.pdp with 48 senators and few other from apc elect saraki as sp
5. With pdp 48 senators they will need just 25 senators from apc

Now tell me can pdp impeach saraki

7 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Raiders: 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
Carmal90:
Or
will pdp strike back?
Or

Your opinion?
its not the senate president that confirm and screen a minister nominee. Even if Saraki had oppose the confirmation of Ameachi, it won't have made any difference because he is not allow to vote in the senate floor unless there is a tie. As long as Ameachi had the support of majority of APC senators , he would be confirm as a minister

4 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Carmal90(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
Raiders:
its not the senate president that confirm and screen a minister nominee. Even if Saraki had oppose the confirmation of Ameachi, it won't have made any difference because he is not allow to vote in the senate floor unless there is a tie. As long as Ameachi had the support of majority of APC senators , he would be confirm as a minister

Agreed, but what would have happened if he had accepted the report of ethics commitee,but moreover a senate president can do and undo in this situation
Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Raiders: 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
Carmal90:

Agreed, but what would have happened if he accept the report of ethics commitee,but moreover a senate president can do and undo in this situation
what do you want Saraki to do and undo. Unlike David Mark, Saraki is not really an influential senate president and is bearly holding on to power. He doesn't even has the support of his party. Saraki is just playing safe and probably don't want to lose the little support he has from some of the remaining APC senators. Anyway, Saraki could not have been able to stop Ameachi or any minister as long as the minister has support of majority of the APC senators. Even the Ethics report won't have made any difference because they are all corrupt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Carmal90(m): 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
Raiders:
what do you want Saraki to do and undo. Unlike David Mark, Saraki is not really an influential senate president and is bearly holding on to power. He doesn't even has the support of his party. Saraki is just playing safe and probably don't want to lose the little support he has from some of the remaining APC senators. Anyway, Saraki could not have been able to stop Ameachi or any minister as long as the minister has support of majority of the APC senators. Even the Ethics report won't have made any difference because they are all corrupt.

You nailed it, that prompt me to say saraki is now a gooner, he has lost the trust of both pdp and apc..

2 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by thundafire: 6:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
only in dis country one sees nonsense y will a former governor aspire 2 die just 2 become minister(amaechi) one time presidential aspirant becoming a governor(okorocha),4rm a higher position 2 a lower one cs of no shame saraki na greed will bring his downfall

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by mazeltov(m): 6:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
Carmal90:

Pls go and learn politics, from your input it seems you are a novice in politics, but let me educate you a little bit.
2.pdp has 48 senators
3.apc 59 senators

[b]Your reply clearlly shows that you are as ignorant as Sanate minority leader, (I'm sorry to say).
Now read this and tell me where or if I'm wrong.
Number 1. It was multiplicity of interests and disunity in Apc that bought the seat of the Senate president for Saraki and Saraki as a smart man quicly bank on that party's default and slackness which is Apc and then he schemed with pdp senators and that's why he became the senate leader. Meanwhile Pdp senators supported Saraki because they are thinkink he might defect back to Pdp with his loyalist in the senate which would now make Pdp the majority.
Number 2. Had it been that Apc had a collective political interest and projection during the senate leadership election by collectively presenting and nominating Ndume as their sole party candidate, Saraki wouldn't have perceived the seat of the senate president. Lesson: [there is strength in unity]
Number 3. Based on your own paralytic analysis, you said Pdp have 48 senators and Apc have 59 senators so mathematically Apc will always have their ways provided they are united and when it comes to house leadership, Apc has upper hand. Or do I need to tell you that 59 is greater than 48.

Number 4: Now Apc has united back and they successfully displayed it today. Which means as far as this ministerial confirmation is concerned, Apc will always have their way collectively as the majority. If you don't know, what Apc did in the house today is a reminder to Pdp that they are the majority and that majority position is what is giving Saraki confidence. Saraki's power is in the hands of the majority and Saraki's weakness is also in the hand of Apc and the platform that brought him in which is Apc and not Pdp..
Now I presented to you these four points, refute them accordingly.[/b]

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by mazeltov(m): 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
Carmal90:

2.pdp has 48 senators
3.apc 59 senators

[b]Your reply clearlly shows that you are as ignorant as Sanate minority leader, (I'm sorry to say).
Number 1. It was multiplicity of interests and disunity in Apc that bought the seat of the Senate president for Saraki and Saraki as a smart man quicly bank on that party's default and slackness which is Apc and then he schemed with pdp senators and that's why he became the senate leader. Meanwhile Pdp senators supported Saraki because they are thinkink he might defect back to Pdp with his loyalist in the senate which would now make Pdp the majority.
Number 2. Had it been that Apc had a collective political interest and projection during the senate leadership election by collectively presenting and nominating Ndume as their sole party candidate, Saraki wouldn't have perceived the seat of the senate president. Lesson: [there is strength in unity]
Number 3. Based on your own paralytic analysis, you said Pdp have 48 senators and Apc have 59 senators so mathematically Apc will always have their ways provided they are united and when it comes to house leadership, Apc has upper hand. Or do I need to tell you that 59 is greater than 48.

Number 4: Now Apc has united back and they successfully displayed it today. Which means as far as this ministerial confirmation is concerned, Apc will always have their way collectively as the majority. If you don't know, what Apc did in the house today is a reminder to Pdp that they are the majority and that majority position is what is giving Saraki confidence. Saraki's power is in the hands of the majority and Saraki's weakness is also in the hand of Apc and the platform that brought him in which is Apc and not Pdp..
Now I presented to you these four points, refute them accordingly[/b]
Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Carmal90(m): 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
mazeltov:

Now I presented to you these four points, refute them accordingly.[/b]

answers to your post
1.saraki collude with pdp senators to be sp..so tell me if pdp withdraw her support, who will support saraki again??
2.from the onset,barring david mark second term as sp..it is the norms that more than one candidates vie for sp post.
3.even if apc is united they cannot remove saraki alone..pls check 2/3 of 109.
4.apc can only have their ways on days like this when simple majority is needed, they will find it difficult when 2/3 is needed..

Hope i anwer your post wholistically, and am repeating though not new to most politics follower, pdp senators has keys to saraki days as sp..
Pls go and make enquiry sir..

5 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by FreeGlobe(f): 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
hinwazaka:

Pdp should never have any dealings again with Saraki. That man is a chronic betrayer. PDP should withdraw every support from him

8 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
hinwazaka:

I agree witj u in way. However d truth is dat Saraki is neither PDP or APC but a man after his own survival. He goes to any direction that is best 4 him at every moment. He doesnt care about APC or PDP.

4 Likes

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by dammytosh: 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
Who cares ?
Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by PublicAssurance: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
Saraki was always doomed whether Amechi was confimred a minister or not....if APC doesn't remove him, PDP will commot him.

1 Like

Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by obailala(m): 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
The PDP senators are definitely not willing to risk losing the Deputy senate presidency over an Amaechi imbroglio.
Re: Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again?? by dammytosh: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
atbu1983:

I agree witj u in way. However d truth is dat Saraki is neither PDP or APC but a man after his own survival. He goes to any direction that is best 4 him at every moment. He doesnt care about APC or PDP.

Spots on.

That guy no send anybody,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff / FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Kabiru Tanimu Turaki Visits Obasanjo For Consultation Over 2018 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.