Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( (28410 Views)

'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns / I Think I Am Dying! And I Can't Stop It!! / 10 Reasons You Must Stop Eating Instant noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by omoobaadenike(f): 7:55am On Oct 30, 2015
You are too young to have this kind o challenge, your problem is coveteousness, and you are adiccted to it. Must you eat everything? Look for mediums at which you can control your feeding habit. Go on hunger strike, fasting can help. Feed on fruits alone.
If you truly love yourself avoid what can kill you. Nobody love you here as much as you love yourself. If you love yourself you don't need a prophet or a doctor to tell to reduce those killers you are eating that you called food. Adopt this principle "Eat to live don't eat to enjoy" try it it works. Even at 38, you'll like 28. All you need is self discipline.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by TheFatOne(f): 7:56am On Oct 30, 2015
chrisbaba1:

If you are Christian you could do a fast called the Daniel fast. This means for 10 days you will discipline yourself to eating only fruits water and vegetables, no meat or any other thing.

You can't keep giving us reasons why you won't stop when you have real options that simply entail discipline.

Ok thank you
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by HaneefahRN(f): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2015
sanskid:
i assure u that I understand exactly what u are going through. I am even sure u don't eat as much as I do, yet I'm not fat. this night alone, I've eaten 2 galas, #70 bread, #70 akara, digestive biscuit. nd I'm cooking rice to eat again cos I'm watching a film and I don't plan to sleep till 2am. this is how I eat on a normal day, if I haven't snacked on a biscuit or soft drink, I don't feel full. But let me share with u 2 ways of how I've managed not to get fat.
1. when I have dis crazy compulsion to eat junks, I eat it well 2 my satisfaction then I go to the toilet to induce vomit. after vomiting the junks, I then eat normal foods like rice, beans etc. it is not a very healthy thing to do but desperate times they say call for desperate measures. After eating all what I've listed above, I've induced vomit, then I'll eat rice nd go to bed.
2. somedays I just decide not to eat at all, especially days I'm very busy and I completely forget about food. if u don't eat for a whole day, d next day u'll feel very light and weak and u start losing weight. u can then eat fruits.
with this methods I've managed not to get fat, nd I still eat alot of junks. A LOT. My friends wonder how I do it
Bad advice, it seems u're suffering from bullimia nervosa urself. Pls, try and stop that b4 it becomes part and parcel of u. Try and eat healthy or better still exercise to get rid of excess fat.
OP, it cld be psychological, some pple eat alot as a means of escape or finding peace when depressed so, the solution lies with u, if it's psychological, try and find another outlet apart from over-eating, it cold be just taking a stroll and try and surround urself with healthy food, don't starve urself but eat healthy in the right proportion. And u myt want to see a fitness instructor, d importance of exercise can't be over- emphasized.
From what u've said, what u need the most is self-discipline and determination. U av a goal to eat healthy, u didn't gain the wgt in a day so don't be disappointed if u don't lose it in a day, u av to work towards it. Fasting can also help but don't overdo it so u don't invite peptic ulcer

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by saviola77(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2015
sanskid:
i assure u that I understand exactly what u are going through. I am even sure u don't eat as much as I do, yet I'm not fat. this night alone, I've eaten 2 galas, #70 bread, #70 akara, digestive biscuit. nd I'm cooking rice to eat again cos I'm watching a film and I don't plan to sleep till 2am. this is how I eat on a normal day, if I haven't snacked on a biscuit or soft drink, I don't feel full. But let me share with u 2 ways of how I've managed not to get fat.
1. when I have dis crazy compulsion to eat junks, I eat it well 2 my satisfaction then I go to the toilet to induce vomit. after vomiting the junks, I then eat normal foods like rice, beans etc. it is not a very healthy thing to do but desperate times they say call for desperate measures. After eating all what I've listed above, I've induced vomit, then I'll eat rice nd go to bed.
2. somedays I just decide not to eat at all, especially days I'm very busy and I completely forget about food. if u don't eat for a whole day, d next day u'll feel very light and weak and u start losing weight. u can then eat fruits.
with this methods I've managed not to get fat, nd I still eat alot of junks. A LOT. My friends wonder how I do it
You just described bulimia, you might want to get yourself checked out.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by sweatlana: 7:57am On Oct 30, 2015
leeikem:
I also eat a lot... You know one thing I can't stop doing is that ' I exercise a lot.. It is hard to start but when you get used to it.. You will love it.. I have an average body size.. But I feel very light, before, I get sick easily and quickly but now, I am fit..so In other for you not to add weight, you need to cut down your food intake and exercise more than you eat.. Believe me it works! But Nigerians run away from it, looking for slimming tea and all of that.. It is painful but it is the best.. Remember, no pain no gain..

Same here. I eat a lot but try to burn 1000 calories at the gym every day. It's really helped me. I rarely fall sick
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by donifez(m): 7:59am On Oct 30, 2015
TrishaP:
Just 30kg?! I'm 24 and I'm weighing 75kg but I don't look it. Don't panic my dear, there are people trying to beat down their weight to yours.

he is not 30kg, he is overweight by 30kg.
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by ajosegabriel(m): 8:00am On Oct 30, 2015
tooltip:
im the reverse of the op, how do i gain weight?......i rarely remember that i'm hungry sad
try smooking weeds,you ll always feel like eating....
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by SMBTMIGHTY: 8:00am On Oct 30, 2015
Try and fast once or twice a week.....that will help and if this did not work out then just keep on eating.... you will get fed up of eating one day after all you are still young
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by madridguy(m): 8:01am On Oct 30, 2015
Belt to hold boxers ? You don kill me here with laugh.

Lovetinz:
I am your opposite.
I am thin and underweight.
How about we arrange a swap-a-meal thingy:
I give you my breakfast - you give me yours. (Mine is usually a coffee cup and 4 bread slices max)
Lunch and Dinner are very light too.
In 2 months, you will need a belt for your boxers, grin
Deal?
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2015
OP what you need is someone who will push...it is a compulsion you can't help yourself so dieting,seeing a doc e.t.c won't help...OP if you have a sibling or someone around you who exercises and gyms regularly and stays fit..go and talk to the person,ask the person for help and join him/her in their fitness regime.tell them to be hard on you to push you and encourage you to eat healthy by always following you up...OP this is my best advice...and the easy way to begin on your own try to walk more everyday try to reduce the number of vehicles you enter..walk at least 30mins to 1 hour daily..in just one month you will be surprised by the result...peace
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by brownlolly(m): 8:02am On Oct 30, 2015
You are suffering from an eating disorder called Bulimia. Its more of a psychological problem. You need to see a psychologist.

Alternatively, try Marijuana. I think it helps.
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Franzinni: 8:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Wey you, you see food that Na why you can't stop eating, if you no see food can you then stop? Be gone with you, nor make me provoke here.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by TheFatOne(f): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2015
hiroz:
OP what you need is someone who will push...it is a compulsion you can't help yourself so dieting,seeing a doc e.t.c won't help...OP if you have a sibling or someone around you who exercises and gyms regularly and stays fit..go and talk to the person,ask the person for help and join him/her in their fitness regime.tell them to be hard on you to push you and encourage you to eat healthy by always following you up...OP this is my best advice...and the easy way to begin on your own try to walk more everyday try to reduce the number of vehicles you enter..walk at least 30mins to 1 hour daily..in just one month you will be surprised by the result...peace

True, I can't help it.
It's like an addiction.
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by simi4me(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2015
Drink water and eat peppery food.
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by dokJ: 8:07am On Oct 30, 2015
Juliaann:
Pray and fast for 30days

I mean dry fasting o
u r wicked undecided
Juliaann:
Pray and fast for 30days

I mean dry fasting o
u r wickedly wicked
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2015
saviola77:

You just described bulimia, you might want to get yourself checked out.
so true these bulimic people they don't realise what they are doing to their body until it is too late..it seems so easy but very dangerous
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2015
Drinks lots of water while eating,so at the end it will be more water less food
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by petermichaels(m): 8:10am On Oct 30, 2015
put shit 4 mouth u go stop 1 time
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by niggi4life(m): 8:10am On Oct 30, 2015
TheFatOne:

True, I can't help it.
It's like an addiction.
do you smoke cigarettes? If no, you might want to start taking a stick or two, the nicotine in cigarettes makes you lose appetite easily, with time food doesn't taste well in your mouth and you can tend to go all day without eating as you won't go hungry, but d side effects are u will be addicted to d cigarettes and also may damage your lungs.

Just try and visit d gym
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Lilyomi(f): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2015
sanskid:
Bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa.
Both are psychological
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2015
TheFatOne:

True, I can't help it.
It's like an addiction.
I know.that's why you need to have a fitness partner..just look around even if it is a neighbour you have never talked to just approach them and talk to them...I have a sister like you,people think it is so easy they will say just fast,just diet,just exercise we don talk tire... it ain't easy.get a fitness partner.walk 30 mins to 1 hour daily....

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 30, 2015
donifez:

he is not 30kg, he is overweight by 30kg.
i thought its a she not a he undecided
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by ZZ22: 8:14am On Oct 30, 2015
Do all the house chores, keep busy, buy two dogs (rot), pass them most of your food and watch them eat, dont be selfish and try press up 22+ every morning you wake up and another 22+ before you take your night bath...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by TheFatOne(f): 8:14am On Oct 30, 2015
hiroz:
I know.that's why you need to have a fitness partner..just look around even if it is a neighbour you have never talked to just approach them and talk to them...I have a sister like you,people think it is so easy they will say just fast,just diet,just exercise we don talk tire... it ain't easy.get a fitness partner.walk 30 mins to 1 hour daily....

Thank you.
Always good to see someone who understands.
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 30, 2015
TheFatOne:
I'm currently 30kg overweight and still adding. I just can't seem to resist food I know I'm going down a very unhealthy path but I can't help eating. Please has anyone been in this situation before and lost weight.

Please how can I overcome the temptation of overeating and lose the excess weight. I don't wanna suffer diabetes or hypertension neither do I wanna die of a heart attack. I'm only 22 years old.

. I already know of the calories consumed and calories burnt thing but I still end up over eating after attempting to count calories. Is there any product that has helped anyone here to lose weight quickly .?

Lalasticlala help me.

1) Water

Before you eat, drink lots of water
Do the same after eating. When you are not eating, have a bottle of water/jug with you, drink it when you feel the urge to eat and when you don't. The implication of this is that you will visit the toilet every now and then but it is worth it.

If you can't exercise, try walking got at least 30 minutes everyday.

2) Always divide your meal into two portions, eat the first one (of course with water), keep the rest until you are actually ready to eat.

3) Swap your meatpie forcucumber/carrot/cabbage

4) Eliminate soft drinks from your diet, go for either water or tea(teabags)/coffee without sugar but you can add lots of milk.

5) Don't go out with extra cash or card if possible. Only go out with your transportation fare,

6) reduce your carbohydrates, I understand that animal protein can be quite expensive however it is no excuse. You can add beans/eggs/peas eyc to your every meal.

7) Ask for your family and friends to help you out. This way they can moniitor and complain when you are eating or eating too much. Don't let it hey the better of you, take it in good faith that is for the better good.

cool Try doing a lot of house chores

9) Keep a food journal

I wish you the best of luck. Don't forget to exercise some areas of your body else they will get flabby when you lose all the weight. The image below are exercises that will help firm of your muscles when you start to lose the weight.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by teflondoncuzo(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2015
Post pics let's see
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2015
TheFatOne:
I'm currently 30kg overweight and still adding. I just can't seem to resist food I know I'm going down a very unhealthy path but I can't help eating. Please has anyone been in this situation before and lost weight.

Please how can I overcome the temptation of overeating and lose the excess weight. I don't wanna suffer diabetes or hypertension neither do I wanna die of a heart attack. I'm only 22 years old.

. I already know of the calories consumed and calories burnt thing but I still end up over eating after attempting to count calories. Is there any product that has helped anyone here to lose weight quickly .?

Lalasticlala help me.

why did u open a new account to ask for help.

go see a doctor n psychologist fast.
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by TheFatOne(f): 8:21am On Oct 30, 2015
daretodiffer:

1) Water

Before you eat, drink lots of water
Do the same after eating. When you are not eating, have a bottle of water/jug with you, drink it when you feel the urge to eat and when you don't. The implication of this is that you will visit the toilet every now and then but it is worth it.

If you can't exercise, try walking got at least 30 minutes everyday.

2) Always divide your meal into two portions, eat the first one (of course with water), keep the rest until you are actually ready to eat.

3) Swap your meatpie forcucumber/carrot/cabbage

4) Eliminate soft drinks from your diet, go for either water or tea(teabags)/coffee without sugar but you can add lots of milk.

5) Don't go out with extra cash or card if possible. Only go out with your transportation fare,

6) reduce your carbohydrates, I understand that animal protein can be quite expensive however it is no excuse. You can add beans/eggs/peas eyc to your every meal.

I wish you the best of luck. Don't forget to exercise some areas of your body else they will get flabby when you lose all the weight.

Thank you. Helpful
Especially the "don't take money or card" part.
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by DipoDee: 8:21am On Oct 30, 2015
TheFatOne... go to a good Med store, buy Aloe Vera gel, Garcinia Cambodia pills, Lite Ultra, Therm, Weight scale, Fibre and a tape rule.

Take these things everyday with meals like peppersoup, sweet potatoes, unripe plantain, Salami, Chicken without skin, Oats, coffee, fish, Apples, Carrots., cucumber, garden eggs, Yoghurt and lots of water. Then exercise by walking instead of biking or riding, skip and light jogging.
Shun rice, bread, red meat, salt, oil, yam and most carbs.

After about 21days, you will not only lose appetite but you will feel full when you eat very little and your stomach will shrink considerably.

It will also help you detox and you will lose from 10-20kg in 21days.
If you want details, quote me.
Re: Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( by TheFatOne(f): 8:22am On Oct 30, 2015
teflondoncuzo:
Post pics let's see

Too ashamed sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Having Dry Throat And Sharp Pains. Feeling Depressed / 9 Signs To Know That You Have Vitamin C Deficiency / Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.