Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom (702 Views)

I’m Still Lagos Police Commissioner, Owoseni Says / Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President / Buhari Fires Abeshi, Appoints Babandede As Acting Immigration Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by neolboy(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2015
Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has rejected the title of Acting Governor, saying that he’s still the number one citizen of the state.
Udom said it is misleading for people to address him as acting governor as a result of the nullification of election in 18 out of the 31 local government areas by the Election Petitions Tribunal

A statement by the state Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mr. Aniekan Umanah yesterday, said: “It is unfortunate that a section of the media are unaware of the salient provisions of the 1999 Constitution regarding election and inauguration of governor of a state, talk-less of the 2011 Electoral Act.

Umanah recalled that the Akwa Ibom Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal, which sat in Abuja directed Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a rerun election in 18 local government areas of the state within 90 days.

“This does not mean that the office of the governor is vacant, as the tribunal also confirmed Emmanuel as governor,” he continued.

“The Electoral Act specifically provides that in a situation such as we have now, the governor remains in office until he exhausts all appeal windows available to him.

“The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that sponsored the governor has indicated its intention to appeal the judgment of the tribunal. While the case runs its course, the governor remains in office, contrary to the falsehood by a segment of the press, serving the interest of the opposition,” the commissioner added.

source:dailypost.ng/2015/10/30/stop-addressing-me-as-acting-governor-im-still-in-charge-of-akwa-ibom-udom/

Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by neolboy(m): 11:29am On Oct 30, 2015
still In charge

1 Like

Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by HungerBAD: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2015
That should be the least of his worries.

1 Like

Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by bastian5050(m): 11:39am On Oct 30, 2015
The opposition can't wait to seize power but they should wait for 90 days to do that..
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by playtheblues(f): 11:51am On Oct 30, 2015
Udom will still win. Umana is the worst human alive.
Udom is not a saint but he is 100% better than the heartless Umana.
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by ayukdaboss(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
But you're the Acting Governor or rather IT Governor??
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by bofoy(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
playtheblues:
Udom will still win. Umana is the worst human alive.
Udom is not a saint but he is 100% better than the heartless Umana.
shut ur dirty mouth
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by patrickmuf(m): 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2015
bofoy:
shut ur dirty mouth
you harsh o!
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by sammyj: 12:14pm On Oct 30, 2015
This is comical. Then how do you expect them to address a governor that won 10 out of 32 LGAs !!! grin grin grin undecided
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by thomasthomas: 12:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
Udom is the acting governor, yes! He doesn't qualify as the governor constitutionally.

Check what it means to be governor from the consitution and then access Udom whether he qualifies!
Re: Stop Addressing Me As Acting Governor, I’m Still In Charge Of Akwa Ibom – Udom by playtheblues(f): 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Even if you are a tout must you expose yourself here?
bofoy:
shut ur dirty mouth

(1) (Reply)

[reports] Buhari’s Ministers Get Their Portfolio / APC Accuses PDP Govt Of Fraud, Says Price Cut Too Meagre - Lai Mohammed Jan 2015 / Wike Counts Gain Of His Administration, Says The People Are Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.