Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime (3208 Views)

Where Is Nigeria Going!!! Fulani Cows Now Use Pedestrian Bridge In Major Roads I / How Will You React When Bank Deduct From Your Account For Buhari Trip To Japan / Is It True That MTN Is Giving Free Airtime Credit This Week? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Rich4god(m): 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2015
MTN have now introduced a tricky say to deduct airtime from their customers through all these messages they send to pple to subscribe.

They have started sending flash messages such that once you click on ok, they will just automatically subscribe you to that their useless message they normal disturb us with. I have fallen victim to this on 3 different occasion. But the one wey pain me pass na today own.... After I don savs my airtime to tk buy data... MTN come used their trick pinch the airtime...
As e b me now, e just b me like say mk I send witch go scatter MTN office.

8 Likes

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by PROPAGANDIST(m): 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
hmmm...are you a learner. trust me though,its so annoying...I feel your pain
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by actoor(m): 6:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
cheesy *In Etisalat's voice* na you know wetin you dey wait for.

2 Likes

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by reachycul(m): 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
same here oo,dose guys get brain die
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Omololu007(m): 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
Rich4god:
MTN have now introduced a tricky say to deduct airtime from their customers through all these messages they send to pple to subscribe.

They have started sending flash messages such that once you click on ok, they will just automatically subscribe you to that their useless message they normal disturb us with. I have fallen victim to this on 3 different occasion. But the one wey pain me pass na today own.... After I don savs my airtime to tk buy data... MTN come used their trick pinch the airtime...
but whats it that can be done to stop this bullsht?
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by CountDracula(m): 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
Why u dey dull urself?... Port go anoda network

1 Like

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by dustmalik: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
That is the reason I don't pity them over the fine imposed on them by the NCC

3 Likes

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Soneh(m): 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
how you think say them wan take get money pay fine wey ncc nack them,expect more of such in coming days
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by 400billionman: 6:34pm On Oct 30, 2015
Rich4god:

Yes they played me that trick of FLASH MESSAGE. I took it for nothing, just to clear my screen i pressed OK.

They just wiped my N200 credit. I didnt use it for up to 3 minutes call.

Now anything i see, i press CANCEL.

2 Likes

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by ckmayoca: 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2015
Dual sim phones don make worldd eaasy na. Just use d mtn for receiving and get another sim for loading.
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Dannyset(m): 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
Am still battling with them on twitter over why they have to subscribe for me in my absence.
I just saw on my phone that my AC Milan Acct has been activated I was like when did I subscribe for this? and what is even AC Milan Acct?
Abeg if this is how they tend to get their fine, then I will have to stop recharging on their sim.

5 Likes

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by DaBullIT(m): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
If you use android or any smart phone, you shouldn't fall victim once a flash message appears

Press the menu button, then Press and hold the menu button it should bring recent apps

Clear it all and MTN go begin cry

1 Like

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by ikaboy: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
Subscribing to any of this is like pouring water into basket.

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Rich4god(m): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
DaBullIT:
If you use android or any smart phone, you shouldn't fall victim once a flash message appears

Press the menu button, then Press and hold the menu button it should bring recent apps

Clear it all and MTN go begin cry
Most of the time, your mind won't be there... The only thing that will come to your mind is to clear it of the screen by tapping the ok button... And viola, you will just receive a msg that you have been subscribed to one rubbish service.
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Rich4god(m): 8:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
Omololu007:
but whats it that can be done to stop this bullsht?
My brother, the thing tire me... They have succeeded in making me to always put my phone on vibration.... Cos every minute na so so text messages from them... When person dey hope for interview or success mail.

1 Like

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Rich4god(m): 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
CountDracula:
Why u dey dull urself?... Port go anoda network
I don already port to etibaba.... but na mtn I dey use browse for my phone.
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Banter1(m): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
A won criminals, smellos.
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by jamace(m): 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
ikaboy:
Subscribing to any of this is like pouring water into basket.
Sadly I fell for this. I loaded N600 to get N1800 for browsing and making calls. Wallahi, I did not make a single call and MTN told me my credit was exhausted. I almost wept.
MTN is a thieving network.

3 Likes

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Any time their useless flash message appears, I press cancel. I'm ready for them
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
cheesy
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by DaBullIT(m): 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
Rich4god:
Most of the time, your mind won't be there... The only thing that will come to your mind is to clear it of the screen by tapping the ok button... And viola, you will just receive a msg that you have been subscribed to one rubbish service.

Don't click simple and direct
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Kestolovee95(f): 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
kirimina empty hen.

1 Like

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by BrokenTV: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
MTN are criminals I loaded #100 last week to make call I woke up the following day the money don disappear, I think maybe I did not load the card, the following day recharged the same amount the same thing happen, I recharged again left #30, woke up the following day it is gone. Eventhough that s My main line I have relegated the line for receiving and swap to other network for making calls.
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by elriyaz(m): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2015
exactly what happens to me today. i really got annoyed. cry cry cry
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by BrokenTV: 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
Lalasticlala front page.
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Rich4god(m): 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
DaBullIT:

Don't click simple and direct
Even at that, why must they resort to sensing flash message in other to catch and steal from unsuspecting customers. That's too bad....
What happened to sending normal messages.
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Rich4god(m): 10:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
It's even worse for pple using phones like Nokia torch and co... Those phone that will require you to press the left key/ menu key to unlock it. When the flash message comes, that unlock key becomes the OK then. Then if you are not careful, money don go be that.
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by phyllosilicate(m): 10:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
This week mtn collected #150 from me, i called their customer care and he told me that I subscribed to 3 nonsense. I told him to unsuscribe me and also for them not to send me any message again.
The guy was like it he has already unsuscribed me and that for them to stop sending me promotional messages, it would take a long process.

I told him that if they send me any promotional message and I mistakenly suscribe and they deduct my money, I would not load my mtn line again, i would only use it to receive calls. They have'nt sent me any useless message ever since.
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Rich4god(m): 10:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
All these things go dey happen and mumu ncc no go do anything.

1 Like

Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by dsquare33: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
I thought I was the only one that had this problem with this 419 network. MTN robbing nigerians blind, the best thing is to port to another network until their 'daylight robbery' stop.
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by osesology(m): 11:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
please o can someone tell me how this porting works because eMuTieN don finish me kpatakpata. once I recharge and I don't use it immediately, it will just disappear and I haven't subscribed to anything o!!!!!!
Re: The New Trick That MTN Now Use To Deduct Airtime by Rich4god(m): 1:01am On Oct 31, 2015
osesology:
please o can someone tell me how this porting works because eMuTieN don finish me kpatakpata. once I recharge and I don't use it immediately, it will just disappear and I haven't subscribed to anything o!!!!!!
Just buy another network....

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDA Cadets Block Traffic To Take Selfies. (photos) / Next US President Will Be Atleast 70years Old. Buhari Not Too Old / Proof That Trump Invited IPOB (see Evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.