Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead (18996 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: New Emir Of Borgu Kingdom Has Emerged / Brief Profile Of The Late Emir Of Borgu Kingdom And Photos From The Burial / Picture Of Late Emir Of Borgu Kingdom With Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by drkay(m): 4:39am On Oct 31, 2015
69MissedCalls:
don't know him o! RIP tho... today's FP was full of bad news
RIP to the dead.
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by kobonaire(m): 4:45am On Oct 31, 2015
Emir Borgu Haliru Dantoro Kitoro is dead

Man, that name fit scatter person teeth

RIP, Sarkin Borgu
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by kobonaire(m): 4:47am On Oct 31, 2015
69MissedCalls:
don't know him o! RIP tho... today's FP was full of bad news
Tomorrow's might be worse, Chelsea is playing shocked
RIP Emir.
PS: Put a louder ringer ...

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by lato2(m): 5:19am On Oct 31, 2015
Allah ya jikan Mai Borgu

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by honeywealth75(m): 5:26am On Oct 31, 2015
He was a one time senator when Asiwaju Tinubu was also a senator, infact he gave Tinubu d title of Jagaban Borgu, a close friend of Tinubu.
I bliv u shud now knw him

4reala:
Though I really dnt knw hIm, but may his gentle soul Rip embarassed

Pls click like if u 2 really dnt knw him but feel like sending ur condolence
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by francizy(m): 6:11am On Oct 31, 2015
CR77:
You win the award for the most senseless post of d day tongue

Receive sense

If that post was the most senseless of the day, then I guess the one I quoted below is the most senseless ever. There's a new diseases in town called Keneking syndrome and this disease has to do with posting irrelevant, senseless and stewpid stuffs outside the topic of discuss..

Keneking:
RIP...so what happens to his bank account undecided

He kicked the bucket and passed away which means he has been weak. Did the bucket contain water ?

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by harvesto4u: 6:18am On Oct 31, 2015
RIP RIP
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by harvesto4u: 6:20am On Oct 31, 2015
RIP.hope u will make heaven
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by S2OR: 6:38am On Oct 31, 2015
RIP
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by moh85: 6:42am On Oct 31, 2015
NaijNewsToday:

The Emir of Borgu, Senator Haliru Dantoro Kitoro 111 kicked the bucket on Friday in a German clinic after a brief ailment.

News of his passing got to the state yesterday evening. His body is relied upon back to Nigeria tomorrow.

Kitoro who was the third in progression in the Niger state Council of Traditional Rulers was a previous Senator in 1992 on the stage of National Republican Convention (NRC).

He turned into the Kitoro 111 of Borgu Kingdom on February 3, 2000, after the death of Alhaji Musa Mohammadu.

If you like this post, please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook with your friends!

SOURCE: http://www.thenews.ng/2015/10/30/breaking-emir-of-borgu-kitoro-iii-is-dead/

May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace

Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by surryade(m): 6:48am On Oct 31, 2015
The Emir that name Tinubu JAGABAN OF BORGU
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by juman(m): 6:51am On Oct 31, 2015
tundebaba234:
Why are they all dying abroad? These people are fake to the core. People who dont believe in Nigeria should never be allowed to near the corridor of power

Yeah, they are fake to the core. The generation that deliberately destroyed the country. Now they are dying one after the other. Shame on people of useless generation. The generation the country is not proud of.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by 4reala(m): 7:04am On Oct 31, 2015
cool
honeywealth75:
He was a one time senator when Asiwaju Tinubu was also a senator, infact he gave Tinubu d title of Jagaban Borgu, a close friend of Tinubu.
I bliv u shud now knw him

ok. But I believe u got dat 4rm here
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by masseratti: 7:09am On Oct 31, 2015
obongtunji:

I don't know how to correct this error I've been seeing in the social media. Please the title is "JAGABA" not JAGABAN. Just the way you will say "The Ooni of Ile-Ife" the same way you will say "JAGABAN BORGU" the "N" after the JAGABA stand for "OF" in hausa language, you can't say "Ooni Ile-Ife" but "Ooni of Ile-Ife" the same way you can't say "Jagaba Borgu" but "JAGABAN BORGU"
thanks for educating us,its duly noted,today I learn a new one,TIL.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by eightsin(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2015
Mai Borgu. Some.of his ppl loved and celebrated him a lot. I remember back then in 2013 whn Borgu corpers went to see him, we were all expecting him to gives us money but he gave us baskets of kola nuts. We were all like "what are we going to do with all these kola nuts? ". We later learnt it is not their tradition to give money to visitors but kola and that it had more respect. I also remember the festival he organised "Borgu festival" it lasted for like 7days or there about. Tinubu and other special guests were in attendance. I think he was a good emir though. R.I.P Mai Dantoro

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by BlizzydoDo(f): 7:23am On Oct 31, 2015
Kianji
Alirem:
R.I.P. And by the way, where in nigeria is Borgu
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by WailingWailer00(m): 8:50am On Oct 31, 2015
Another Abooki bites the dust
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by ibrahimluka(m): 9:55am On Oct 31, 2015
Alirem:

Borgu is a LGA in Niger state for those who don't know.
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by Ekaka1(m): 10:16am On Oct 31, 2015
Ah.....Jagaban tell your wife to enter prayer house o!! shocked
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by Adestar(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2015
I came across d Emir during ma service Yr. he was accommodating and a father to all. He wish development and prosperity to d kingdom he governed. Rest in peace Emir(Sen.) Haliru Dantoro; Kitoro III
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by queebeediva(f): 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
JumpingChicken:
Is that place in Nigeria?
yes in niger state @ newbussa kainji.
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by b2strike(m): 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
i know this man, he is a very nice and peaceful man. a good alie to PMB. RIP sir.
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by honeywealth75(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
So u mean without nairaland i dnt av access to information like dis?

U must be a dumb ass for thinking so low
4reala:
cool ok. But I believe u got dat 4rm here
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by elsadeeq137: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by elsadeeq137: 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
may Allah forgive him
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by BTT(m): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
Borgu is the name of an LGA in Niger State, probably the largest LG in Nigeria after Ifelodun of Kwara State.

Borgu is home to the Bussa People, sometimes referred to as the Barubas, who speak Bissan language. The Headquarters is New Bussa, an artificial location created for the aborigines of Bussa against the dangers of residing on the coast of the Niger and most importantly, the construction of the Kainji Dam.

New Bussa, whose unofficial name is Kainji, a name believed to have been erroneously documented by Mungo Park while 'discovering' the Niger. (Ka na jii: a rough Hausa phrase for 'do you understand?' was believed to be the excerpts of the conversation between Mr Park and the fishermen he encountered at the coast, who kept asking themselves if they understood him. Since Mr Park's questions bothered on the name of the location and he kept getting 'Ka na jii?' from the fishermen, he logged the name of the location as 'Kainji'

The Kainji Dam, the Kainji Reservoir, the Kainji Lake and National Park, the National Institute of Freshwater Fisheries Research, the Nigerian Airforce Air Weapon School are some of the key Federal Government establishments in the local government.

Some of my early childhood days were spent in the previous Emir's palace as my late dad and the Emir were great friends and we lived within the walls of the palace.

This LGA was moved from Kwara State by the IBB regime to Niger State, leaving her 'sister' LGs of Kaiama and Kosobosu in Kwara state.

I stand to be corrected.

I guess I should go put this on Wikipedia.
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by dahaz(m): 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
BTT:
Borgu is the name of an LGA in Niger State, probably the largest LG in Nigeria after Ifelodun of Kwara State.

Borgu is home to the Bussa People, sometimes referred to as the Barubas, who speak Bissan language. The Headquarters is New Bussa, an artificial location created for the aborigines of Bussa against the dangers of residing on the coast of the Niger and most importantly, the construction of the Kainji Dam.

New Bussa, whose unofficial name is Kainji, a name believed to have been erroneously documented by Mungo Park while 'discovering' the Niger. (Ka na jii: a rough Hausa phrase for 'do you understand?' was believed to be the excerpts of the conversation between Mr Park and the fishermen he encountered at the coast, who kept asking themselves if they understood him. Since Mr Park's questions bothered on the name of the location and he kept getting 'Ka na jii?' from the fishermen, he logged the name of the location as 'Kainji'

The Kainji Dam, the Kainji Reservoir, the Kainji Lake and National Park, the National Institute of Freshwater Fisheries Research, the Nigerian Airforce Air Weapon School are some of the key Federal Government establishments in the local government.

Some of my early childhood days were spent in the previous Emir's palace as my late dad and the Emir were great friends and we lived within the walls of the palace.

This LGA was moved from Kwara State by the IBB regime to Niger State, leaving her 'sister' LGs of Kaiama and Kosobosu in Kwara state.

I stand to be corrected.

I guess I should go put this on Wikipedia.

wow very educative.Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by marwanafrica: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
Alirem:

Niger state, New bussa precisely
Re: Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead by Fulaman198(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2015
tundebaba234:
Why are they all dying abroad? These people are fake to the core. People who dont believe in Nigeria should never be allowed to near the corridor of power

We need to work on our medical infrastructure, it is a shame when one dies in a non-African country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Questions about Nok People / Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government / Outside Nigeria / Cultures In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.