Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! (32180 Views)

My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Romanciella(f): 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Hey!... Where have you been?
have been around Hun.... How have you been
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by amicable09(f): 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hahahaha... Reading through all these comments I can't help but laugh really loud, seriously some nairalanders need mouth cleansing or finger washing sef.

OP, it's normal for your dad to be upset jare, you will do same when you become a parent too. I trust my dad, he really knows how to push us - his children, very hard just to see us shine bright.

My advise, you know your dad's kind of person then you should not have told him about the course you failed. One of my friends who had an extra course to write after we graduated simply told her dad that her result was missing and that she needed to go back to school and sort it out. It's not like they give report card in the university na. Anyway, you have told him and the man is angry, apologise and put in your best effort and study to make him proud.

Again, I say it is normal for him to say such stuff, don't just fail the course again and he will be happy again cheesy
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by kemiwealth: 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2015
for d fact dat u spill does not mk u a failure cos of course u not a failure......just focus on rewriting d course and pass,cos if u lose focus now and kip tinkin abt ur dad it can affect ur performance
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Achirimma(f): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
Hey Nairalanders, your advice and kind words might help me to get through with this challenge I'm having.
I graduated from the university early this year, immediately after my graduation my alma mata embarked on a 5months strike. As a result of this, I moved to lagos to enroll in a fashion and design academy, with the hope that immediately after the strike, we'll get our result and go for NYSC. The going was good until I received my result with a spill. I had just a course to rewrite, I thought the school will wave it since it was just one course so I decided to work it out but that didn't work. This resulted with me been left out when some of my mates are already in camp now. The feeling is devastating.
Now, I'm back home to rewrite the course. My father is really angry with, he said I've brought shame upon him and myself and he'll never forgive me. According to him, he has never failed in his life so why would I? He's making it look as if he sent me to school and I just played with his money. I feel like a failure and disappointment. I don't know what to do...feel like running away cos this man is terrible!!
Don't be so downhearted. Most people who participated in NYSC are still jobless.

Success does not come overnight. Life is not all rosy sometimes. God'll see you through in difficult times.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by lacasera14(m): 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
Sorry dear, I pray God changes your Dad's heart and make him understand you had no intentions of disappointing him
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
Dont worry about it man.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by ndubisik(m): 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
OP Don't let his words get to you too much.
Fathers will always have something to say.
For example, when i was in sec school, my dad threatened me fire and brimstone if i don't get admission on my first trial.
Now i'm in my finals and he is threatening same if i don't graduate with first class.

So OP,take it easy with him...i can't wait for the day i'll hand him the keys to a new mansion and remind him of his talk grin
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by chinae(m): 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
Parents and some gullible students do over rate that NYSC.

I am having similar ish but i hav addressed that with my parents but some friends nd mates are making it look lik i took the wrong step cos i secured a gud job upon graduation.

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by ggrin(f): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
sholay2011:
God have mercy. grin grin
hmmmm grinlipsrsealed
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
sonofananimal:
don't try to please that man. I'm sure that man will be beating her mother because he his so full of pride.

Don't say what you don't know about,not every one that failed ,failed because of unseriousness.If your own uni days was rosy thank God for it and keep it to yourself.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
Take him to TRIBUNAL
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Charbless(m): 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
He's a joke. Do ur thing Jare
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by blackprowler: 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
Hey Nairalanders, your advice and kind words might help me to get through with this challenge I'm having.
I graduated from the university early this year, immediately after my graduation my alma mata embarked on a 5months strike. As a result of this, I moved to lagos to enroll in a fashion and design academy, with the hope that immediately after the strike, we'll get our result and go for NYSC. The going was good until I received my result with a spill. I had just a course to rewrite, I thought the school will wave it since it was just one course so I decided to work it out but that didn't work. This resulted with me been left out when some of my mates are already in camp now. The feeling is devastating.
Now, I'm back home to rewrite the course. My father is really angry with, he said I've brought shame upon him and myself and he'll never forgive me. According to him, he has never failed in his life so why would I? He's making it look as if he sent me to school and I just played with his money. I feel like a failure and disappointment. I don't know what to do...feel like running away cos this man is terrible!!

Good example of my affirmation that age or marriage has nothing to do with maturity. Ya papa na small boy and I think he might have very tame wife and children or else, let him prepare for devastation when real-life issues come up, not this JOKE. I feel like crying about my life when I read that some people call what you describe a problem. Good luck with your life but keep hoping life does not show itself to you or ya papa
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
My dear don't be deterred even a bit, parents seem to overreact sometimes, this is same certificate that has little value these days. You even had the initiative to learn a hands-on craft during the time lapse your school had. Am yet to see anything so abysmal about carrying over just a course in a Nigerian university, if your school is far away from home, you might want to stay away from home a little, if you no longer have a place in school am sure you have friends in the lower levels, ur popsy would definitely realize he went too hard on you, he'll mellow down.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by SeverusSnape(m): 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Romanciella:
have been around Hun.... How have you been
But I've not been seeing your posts.

I'm fine, Thank you. Hope you're doing well?
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Befitting(f): 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
mykel231:
You're an idiot for refering to your dad as "this man"!On the other hand,he's angry because he believed in you so much and you let him down.It's very normal.He'll forgive you when you make him realize failing a course does not really make you a failure.Though,he's wrong for the comparison.Meanwhile,were you among those co habbiting while in school?That must've lead to your failure.
Your words are harsh, but I'll let it pass... People like you don't deserve attention.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
Panzerfaust:
Failure? No wonder most Nigerian youths lack the sense to take initiatives for themselves.You people spend your entire lives living in the shadow of your parent's dreams. Then when you are 50 with a life full of regrets, you will be looking for someone to blame. It is only in Nigeria that a 20-something yr old will still be hovering around his parent's house waiting for thier input in every stage of life.
...ok ooo. He can live his life the way he wants it....
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
Sorry to say this but you have a d1ck head as a father.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
Common miss!! What do you expect? To hug and kiss you for your spill over? Forget it already and move on, he will even get hotter if you fail that one paper left. As for his threats? Relax he will get over it soon.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Befitting(f): 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
engrjacuzzi:
is your dad known? the way he just lied is obviously an issue to ponder on.
He's a well known man in the society, that's why it's hard for him to take.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
CuckoldMaster:
Sorry to say this but you have a d1ck head as a father.

Excuse me? That's rather mean of you and besides almost all parent react that way when they (the parents) are already having great thoughts of the daughter serving. You never can tell this lady in question must have started her year one with good grades only to shock her dad at the end with a spill-over, my thoughts thou!!!
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
chibuikegn:
Take him to TRIBUNAL
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Funny you and then after to appeal court abi? Funny guy
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by kinibigdeal(m): 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
Don't even make the mistake of running away from home, it may get worst. Stay home, stay cool and calm and then prove him wrong with your results. Is normal how your father reacted, he might have boosted to some friends that her daughter will be going for service this month. But not to worry, your father will get over it and do NOT argue with him. Go back to him and tell him "I'm sorry" that all. If you move out of the house because he scold you, you just creating a scene for yourself. Some friends might advice you into engaging yourself into what you don't wanna be
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by britiko: 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:

my dear, to be sad is very normal likewise ur dad being angry.
true survivors have failed at one time or the other. they all went back to their draw boards and re-strategised.
while your dad feels your are a failure, focus all ur energy at rewriting the course and passing it.
don't run away from home.
your dad will calm down soonest. i wonder why so much importance is attached to NYSC.
a lot of graduates burst NYSC for MSc abroad nowadays(most especially if they are on scholarships)
lol daddy should calm down oooo, usually all parents claim to have first position in class during their school days. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by flokii: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:

sorry o...

that's d mentality affecting we Africans... just cos you didn't make it to service this year doesn't mean you won't progress..
Just try ur best to be somebody... 'actions my friend speaks faster than words'... he himself will forget he ever made such statement when you're comfortable..

cheer up
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:

Ask him this question "Isn't dangote n Danjuma dem his mates?
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by aprilwise(m): 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
If ur dad says he has never failed he is a big liar.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nelrulez(m): 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Don't be scared because you just did the needful by breaking dad's unbroken record.. Cheer up.. You've broken dad's record and you deserve an applaud.. Make sure u pass the paper and move on.. Cheers! All the best....
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
I spent 8yrs in skul doing a 5yr course. My siblings and even my twin sis graduated served and married. Am just going for service now. My advice for you is this CHILL. Yea you're in a bad place right now but you've taken the bold step of facing it by rewriting your course. I absconded for a yr lol. It'll pass just keep your head down and do what you have to. You'll even be surprised to see many people like you.

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
wahabian:

Don't say what you don't know about,not every one that failed ,failed because of unseriousness.If your own uni days was rosy thank God for it and keep it to yourself.
did you understand my statement undecided

I hope you mistake me from another user
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by slimmyjimmy(m): 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
psychologist:
Ok

Get well soon messi and chelsea
FUNNY PIC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Forced To Marry Wife’s Corpse In Ebonyi / Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.