Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba (50033 Views)

Man Carrying Plantain On His Head & Riding His Bicycle In Aba While Hawking (Pho / Cow Attacks A Man And His Wife In Aba, Destroys Their Car (Pics) / African Stove Spotted (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by nosiebaba(m): 7:44am On Nov 01, 2015
Once you people see pictures u start commenting another thing. Later you will say flying car spotted in lagos. The man is using a fan to blow his charcoal stove and people are saying he deserves a national award angry na wa o. If you like the invention throw your gas stove away and switch to charcoal. He shud have even used a rechargeable battery. After 1 hour he will buy another battery
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Tinyemeka(m): 8:51am On Nov 01, 2015
Denn:
This is a motorised charcoal stove

The motorised blower fan pulls in air from the duct above the blower and pushes it to the ignited charcoal. The forced air provides more oxygen and the charcoal burns faster.

If you look at the pictures clearly, you would see the charcoal burning
WOW! shocked

Instead of fanning, just hit the switch. I'd never thought of that.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
Good idea but asides creating things, relevance is also important, is this stove cost effective, is the energy clean, is it potable, these are the questions to ask, as far as I am concern its good innovation but still irrelevant. How many tiger battery I wan use cook a pot of beans?.. I think the battery is just to power the fan or start the flames which burns the coal, cos tiger battery has only little energy stored to generate that much heat. End of story
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Awaja(m): 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
madridguy:
The genius behind this deserves National award. This is incredible.
But the award and prizes goes to some old politicians who have conne, the guy may be remembered in this anti corruption anti every every government of buhari
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by redsun(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
madridguy:
The genius behind this deserves National award. This is incredible.
Honestly, if it is true. I am sure it first of its kind anywhere and it is quite a welcomed development in Africa where natural resources are crudely in abundance but hardly any for the people to use.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Rexyl(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
How does it work? Can somebody explain that? I could see coal pot, does it use coal as the main source of energy? Pls I need answer before I can appreciate the brains behind the invention.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Ramos16(m): 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ndukwe007:

The batteries powers a fan that supplies more oxygen to the coal. A battery can not heat up a coil
well i really dnt knw why i said that i probably was feeling sleepy.. But it is not impossible, if the the batteries are not tiger...and can produce up to 1kw at least to cook smiley
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Ramos16(m): 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2015
nosiebaba:
Once you people see pictures u start commenting another thing. Later you will say flying car spotted in lagos. The man is using a fan to blow his charcoal stove and people are saying he deserves a national award angry na wa o. If you like the invention throw your gas stove away and switch to charcoal. He shud have even used a rechargeable battery. After 1 hour he will buy another battery
good point, the question should be why should i use this one over gas cooker? And if there is a good enough reason we can give him a national award
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by litaninja(m): 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
Amazingly, some monkeys are here shouting up Biafra. Its a blower you d.umb f..ks.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by redsun(m): 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ramos16:

good point, the question should be why should i use this one over gas cooker? And if there is a good enough reason we can give him a national award

It is not just about you,there are millions of Nigerians that can't afford basic stoves,talkless of gas cooker. The forest are thinning out of trees for fire woods and we are not replanting.

It is something that could help alot of people if it works. It will also help save our trees.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by obstead200(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
AsSabirin:
how is this sustainable?

from what i read up there, its not possible for it to be more efficient than the traditional kerosine.
except the battery is just to create spark for the wood or kerosine. thats the ONLY way it can last!
I fully agree with u.
Don't mind all dis mediocre trying to present every scrap as d next technological innovation.

Btw, I am Igbo.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Ramos16(m): 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
redsun:

It is not just about you,there are millions of Nigerians that can't afford basic stoves,talkless of gas cooker. The forest are thinning out of trees for fire woods and we are not replanting.

It is something that could help alot of people if it works. It will also help save our trees.
yeah, its not just about me, but how economical is it to the poor, i doubt it is, what is the use of the expensive extension when there are other less expensive ways to achieve same thing, like nice neat holes placed strategicaly
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by badman007(m): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Aba is a goldmine...
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by biodunid: 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
I think it instead runs the fan in the middle which helps the coal burn hotter and more efficiently. The same basic thing blacksmiths do with their bellows. Unluckily we like mystifying simple things in this part of the world which is why oyinbos say we behave like wonder filled children.

AsSabirin:
how is this sustainable?

from what i read up there, its not possible for it to be more efficient than the traditional kerosine.
except the battery is just to create spark for the wood or kerosine. thats the ONLY way it can last!
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
Not possible from an engineering perspective. Each battery has the capacity of about 1.5 volts and a maximum DC of 5amp ...if we are to exaggerate its capacity . The maximum power per cell should be 7.5 watt. four cells will produce 30watts which is no where close to a local electric stove that consumes 1000watt!!! from an AC supply.
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by seraphine(f): 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
This has been in Awka at ukwu oji, behind Govt. house
Re: Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba by Gido2sun(m): 6:46am On Nov 02, 2015
aba representing 9ja in technology since 1250bc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? / See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight / Who Contributes More To The Society: Doctors Or Teachers???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.