Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Stereotypes Against Igbo Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stereotypes Against Igbo Women (1349 Views)

Why Yoruba Men Should NOT Marry Igbo Women!! / What Planet Are These Mixed-looking Igbo Women From? Are They Really Nigerians? / Yoruba Women Buttocks Bigger than Igbo Women Buttocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stereotypes Against Igbo Women by martyns303(m): 9:32am On Nov 01, 2015
I was compelled to write about this after I found out that my ex got married yesterday on facebook. It wasn't surprising that she didn't tell me about it, she probably didn't want me there and I understand, the emotions could have been too much. She's Igbo.

I am from RV, PH. And I am sure we all aware of the perception and notion that Igbo women are very materialistic and money conscious, well I am here to disprove that notion or at least limit it. I have dated four (4) Igbo girls and they relatively have the same personality and I love them for it.

My first Igbo date is from Imo, I know what a beautiful woman is and this girl is effortlessly gorgeous. she was schooling at Owerri at the time. I was also schooling outside the country and we dated for three years and only saw ourselves 40% of the time, it was a wonderful experience. She was fun loving, so open minded and never asked me for anything, as a matter of fact the only physical cash I ever gave to her was for her flight ticket. Her only flaws was her temperament, she once smashed my phone. She was bitter that she was giving so much love and I cared less. I regret that till date, called her two months ago and wished I could just see her face again.

THe experience was so beautiful I was determined to date another Igbo girl and I did date two more. I am currently torn to shreds as I am in a committed relationship when I met this Igbo girl recently and she is a replica of the first without the anger issue. None of them were money conscious, the one I met now is even better, not only that she doesn't ask, she spends her own money taking us out countless times and I am just here like where did this whole idea of Igbo girls loving money came from?

2 Likes

Re: Stereotypes Against Igbo Women by SosaMontana(m): 9:33am On Nov 01, 2015
OP My guy may your days be elongated

It's funny in nigeria ppl judge a whole tribe from one person's behaviour

In Nigeria many people only grow old but never grow up
Re: Stereotypes Against Igbo Women by pman001(m): 11:28am On Nov 01, 2015
Dont mind them when they mess up and the gurl leaves them they turn the story around dat she loves money too much...Igbo gurls all the way.
Re: Stereotypes Against Igbo Women by dkachi007: 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
Every other tribe in Nigeria have this crazy misconception about ibo people. They always accuse ibos of love for money as if they themselves hate money. I have dated lots of ibo girls , both during my school days and now and I can tell u that most of them are not materialistic at all .As a matter of fact, they spend on you if they like you and are ready to wait for you as long as you show signs of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Stereotypes Against Igbo Women by Nobody: 1:42am On May 24, 2016
Even if the igbo girl is not into money, her FAMILY will be.
Unless it's just play you want to be playing, start marriage matter with her and her family first and you will know.

1 Like

Re: Stereotypes Against Igbo Women by halfricanadian(f): 3:28am On May 24, 2016
angry angry no tribe is ascribed to this

Its not all girls dat like money nah

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Would You Choose Among The Three / In What Culture Does A Bride Do This? / See gate fee for val show in gombe. will the gate lead us to heaven??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.