Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,720 members, 7,847,902 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. (14034 Views)

PDP Plans To Sell Party Membership, Ministrial Slots For Being Cash-strapped / See Pic Of Chris Ngige Answering Questions At Ministrial Nominee Screening 2day / Suggest A Ministrial Portfolio For Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by okoloto: 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
Fahola will be good in Power...He will always deliver
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Gbawe: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2015
dialfa:

Which posts are more juicier than petroleum and finance? Both of which if this list is true will be controlled by Igbos.

When I see the words "juicy portfolio " I always laugh because those words combined make me realise that the PDP has screwed Nigeria and bastardized the mentality of Nigerians. The words should be "important" or "critical"portfolio not juicy. Under Buhari, we are in a new age of performance and service delivery.

You can remain obsessed with putting an ethnic slant on things but I can confidently tell you that it is the Ministers in charge of critical portfolios , unlike what obtained under PDP, who will be under greatest pressure to deliver with no maneuver room to try any "juicy" or self - serving 'awon boyz' shenanigans like Allison-Madueke et al used to get away with. Every Minister is there to work for Nigeria under Buhari and not their ethnic group, religious affiliates or pals. Any Minister who does not understand this will be sacked quickly. Mark my word.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by LRNZH(m): 2:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
Gbawe:

When I see the words "juicy portfolio " I always laugh because those words combined make me realise that the PDP has screwed Nigeria and bastardized the mentality of Nigerians. The words should be "important" or "critical"portfolio not juicy. Under Buhari, we are in a new age of performance and service delivery.

You can remain obsessed with putting an ethnic slant on things but I can confidently tell you that it is the Ministers in charge of critical portfolios , unlike what obtained under PDP, who will be under greatest pressure to deliver with no maneuver room to try any "juicy" or self - serving 'awon boyz' shenanigans like Allison-Madueke et al used to get away with. Every Minister is there to work for Nigeria under Buhari and not their ethnic group, religious affiliates or pals. Any Minister who does not understand this will be sacked quickly. Mark my word.

I second this realistic assertion.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by ishiamu(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
donphilopus:

Shut up. .I doubt the list though. As far as Buhari's administration is concerned, there's nothing like 'juicy' portfolios. It died when the last administration died! Let's even assume that there's something called such, is Finance which a South-Easterner is alleged to head no longer juicy? Did you not castigate most of these Igbos who are in his cabinet for supporting him during the Election? Why have you now decided to be their mouthpiece? Is Works no longer juicy according to you? If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, you keep your fingers crossed. You must not comment!

BTW, who are the APC fans who said Fashola would emerge as the FCT Minister? Learn to put 'some' when next you're asserting. I have always known that a Northerner would emerge as the FCT Minister. A Southerner can only get FCT State (though not constitutional). But it has always been the norm!

Na fight?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by dialfa: 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
Gbawe:

Six months after "winning" the election, you APC guys are still telling us what you will do. Future Past Government.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2015
dialfa:

Which posts are more juicier than petroleum and finance? Both of which if this list is true will be controlled by Igbos.
Defence, minister of the FCT and Minister for national planning are equally as lucrative as petroleum, and are actually more powerful. In addition, they come without the unnecessary spotlight and stress.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by dialfa: 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

Defence, minister of the FCT and Minister for national planning are equally as lucrative as petroleum, and are actually more powerful. In addition, they come without the unnecessary spotlight and stress.

But not juicier.

I like your use of the word lucrative grin

In nigeria today, I will take petroleum over any other ministry, and so will you unless you are a hypocrite. Even Buhari prefers it to being president. cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by donphilopus: 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
ishiamu:

Na fight?
Bros, that guy just too dey annoying.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by wisov(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
U hve received enuff insults already, it shows d love and respect many pple have for buhari and office he occupies.
stexsy:
Buhari is a fool

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by ishiamu(m): 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
donphilopus:

Bros, that guy just too dey annoying.

cheesy grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
donphilopus:

I have always known that a Northerner would emerge as the FCT Minister. A Southerner can only get FCT State (though not constitutional). But it has always been the norm!
I thought this administration was riding on the mantra of CHANGE. So the norm is still the case. See scammed ZOMBIE.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Gbawe: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
LRNZH:

I second this realistic assertion.

Bro, some fail to understand that things have changed. I prefer to say they are still drunk on PDP wine. People should make no mistake about the reality that this is a totally different government that will seek to do things as they should be done.

Buhari is an old man, with limited time, who wants to leave a legacy of setting his beloved country on the path of progress . It is the critical sectors that will directly help him achieve success. Those in charge of those sectors, unlike what obtained under the PDP, will be under the greatest scrutiny and pressure. They MUST deliver because things are no longer business as usual.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by asha80(m): 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
donphilopus:
Before we contribute any further, I don't think this real is real. I feel it is as fake as the 'P' in Psychology. Where's Abubakar Malami on the list? There are some other people missing. I don't trust this list!
in the list malami is mines and steel minister.
Look hard again
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
dialfa:

In nigeria today, I will take petroleum over any other ministry, and so will you unless you are a hypocrite. Even Buhari prefers it to being president. cheesy
And you and him will have your name dragged through the mud, your reputation soiled and your political future scoffed, while the minister for the FCT and minister for Defence will smile to the Swiss bank with no hassle whatsoever. Define stup1dity.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
Gbawe:

Bro, some fail to understand that things have changed. I prefer to say they are still drunk on PDP wine. People should make no mistake about the reality that this is a totally different government that will seek to do things as they should be done.

Buhari is an old man, with limited time, who wants to leave a legacy of setting his beloved country on the path of progress . It is the critical sectors that will directly help him achieve success. Those in charge of those sectors, unlike what obtained under the PDP, will be under the greatest scrutiny and pressure. They MUST deliver because things are no longer business as usual.
They must deliver, abi. Can an antelope haunt and kill an elephant. Don't worry, Lai Mohammed will give you their propaganda success.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by donphilopus: 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

I thought this administration was riding on the mantra of CHANGE. So the norm is still the case. See scammed ZOMBIE.

Like I earlier said, shut up! You ain't normal at all. Is it possible for a Northerner to be made the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs? If NO, why do you think Northerners would be happy if a Southerner is made the FCT Minister?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by dialfa: 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

And you and him will have your name dragged through the mud, your reputation soiled and your political future scoffed, while the minister for the FCT and minister for Defence will smile to the Swiss bank with no hassle whatsoever. Define stup1dity.

so you would choose defence over petroleum?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Ballmer: 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

PS: I thought APC fanatics claimed Fashola would be appointed as the Minister for the FCT. He wasn't even made the Minister for FCT(state).

Wailer n you do not think power makes more sense than minister of Abuja ?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Gbawe: 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2015
dialfa:

Six months after "winning" the election, you APC guys are still telling us what you will do. Future Past Government.

And some of you Nigerians continue to show that the PDP has totally screwed up your thinking with how you talk of "juicy" to describe sectors politically sophisticated folks worldwide can only view as critical to the progress of their nation. It is obvious if you get to a "juicy" position you will likely milk it dry for your kinsmen , minions and associates as the likes of Allison-Madueke did. My guy, even you will no longer be talking of "juicy" anything by this time next year because it will be an unpatriotic, shameful and self - serving way of thinking that died with the PDP. Juicy ko na tasty ni.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
donphilopus:

. Is it possible for a Northerner to be made the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs? If NO, why do you think Northerners would be happy if a Southerner is made the FCT Minister?
One word: CHANGE.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ballmer:

I have explained this already. Read my posts after the aforementioned comment.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
Gbawe:

And some of you Nigerians continue to show that the PDP has totally screwed up your thinking with how you talk of "juicy" to describe sectors politically sophisticated folks worldwide can only view as critical to the progress of their nation. It is obvious if you get to a "juicy" position you will likely milk it dry for your kinsmen , minions and associates as the likes of Allison-Madueke did. My guy, even you will no longer be talking of "juicy" anything by this time next year because it will be an unpatriotic, shameful and self - serving way of thinking that died with the PDP. Juicy ko na tasty ni.
Mr Politician wannabe, you are back. How far with your political ambition. Has the APC not delivered on their promise yet.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Ballmer: 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

Don't mind them. They are all deluded by the various infrastructures, which credit he stole from the Transformation government of GEJ. Now there is no longer a benevolent Altruistic Father Christmas to hide behind, all their faults shall be exposed and their n@kedness made known.

I guess a Biafran would have done a beta job ba like Bart Nnaji did with his fraud dealing before getting the booth from Jonathan or u are proposing we continue with that dull looking retardd he was replaced with ?

Fashola as a trained lawyer with first hand experience governing Lagos state auto positioned him for that office if you consider several alternatives he proffered to solving the problem in Lagos. Buhari should ensure any over inflation of contract is checkmated, after all his job is not to go n sleep in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
dialfa:

so you would choose defence over petroleum?
The Import manager retires with more largesse and less stress than the CEO who had all the weight of the world on his shoulders and got the big piece of the pie, after the import manager and supervisors had shared the other half among themselves.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Gbawe: 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ballmer:

I really don't understand the guy and his logic. Why would Fashola crave the FCT portfolio when he can have the most critical portfolio in Nigeria, nay Africa, whereby he becomes a universal legend if he succeeds?

Politics of bitterness has so destroyed the ability of some to reason effectively. FCT indeed. There is no sector more pivotal to the success of Nigeria than Power. Fashola will relish the challenge ,if he indeed becomes Minister of Power, because the man loves his nation and would welcome the opportunity to make a big difference .

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by donphilopus: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

One word: CHANGE.

Lol. . .Then Amaechi be made the FCT Minister while Lalong becomes the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs. Wouldn't you be the first person to castigate Buhari for doing that?!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2015
atbu1983:
r

He will do that by creating many ministers of state. So they wont held.
The purpose of wanting to have ministers without portfolios is to cut down on the cost of governance. A minister of state receives salary like every other minister.

What I feel Buhari has intention of is to make ministers without portfolios to be members of the FEC on part time basis. They will have the opportunity of doing their jobs. When it is the day of the FEC meeting, they will take flight to Abuja. The FG will bear the expenses of the flights. These set of ministers will few or no aids.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ballmer:

I guess a Biafran would have done a beta job ba like Bart Nnaji did with his fraud dealing before getting the booth from Jonathan or are proposing we continue with that dull looking retardd he was replaced with ?

Fashola as a trained lawyer with the first hand experience the former governor of Lagos state auto positioned him for that position consider several alternatives he proffered to solving the problem in Lagos. Buhari should ensure any over inflation of contract is checkmated, after all his job is not to go n sleep in Aso Rock.
Thank God, we have a SAN lawyer who said this
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fashola-i-never-signed-a-cheque-as-governor-of-lagos/114948.html
And did this
http://allafrica.com/stories/201508170505.html
http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/07/former-lagos-gov-fashola-spent-400000-build-personalised-website
Thank God for Fashola

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
donphilopus:

Lol. . .Then Amaechi be made the FCT Minister while Lalong becomes the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs. Wouldn't you be the first person to castigate Buhari for doing that?!
CHANGE
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Gbawe: 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

Mr Politician wannabe, you are back. How far with your political ambition. Has the APC not delivered on their promise yet.

Bruv, no one made me any "promise " because I never demanded anything from anyone. I am a self-made man who does not need pay, job or "protection " from anyone.

My future move may involve formal involvement in politics but I can tell you that I will succeed if that is a path I settle on. Omooba never fails. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Gbawe:

Bruv, no one made me any "promise " because I never demanded anything from anyone. I am a self-made man who does not need pay, job or "protection " from anyone.

My future move may involve formal involvement in politics but I can tell you that I will succeed if that is a path I settle on. Omooba never fails. cool cool
See what VP Osinbanjo and Audu Ogbeh have done to this once dreamer of the APC sham.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
grin I go like see the miracle Frashola go do for the Ministry wey dem give am grin. Saw him on Telly the other time blasting GEJ over everything and especially, Power grin
Kikikikikikiki....omala gi, Fras cheesy grin

Biko, no need 'mentioning' me comment. Na true I talk grin
Who says God is not alive lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Mourns Kofi Annan / Budget Office: NNPC Paying N53 Subsidy On Every Litre Of Petrol / Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Entry Forms For Schools Of Science Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.