Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad (9373 Views)

Troops Push Boko Haram Further Into Lake Chad After Military Operation. Photos / Shekau Reacts To Al-Barnawi's Emergence As Boko Haram Leader / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Drsheddy(m): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
Accept Jesus as Your Savior today: You must put your faith in Jesus Christ, and Him alone for your salvation. The blood of Christ does you no good until you receive Him by faith. The Bible says, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” (Acts 16:31).

1 Like

Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by denisbath(m): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
RIP to them
Boko haram u wicked die
for the first day of November u don start to bomb.
I pray dat dis month have good thing for us.
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Nziwujo(m): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ok seen next please
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Darlduchi: 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!
I Have Never Met Amaechi In My Life - President Buhari In India.
President Muhammadu Buhari shocked the International and local Media, specifically when he was responding to a question fro m Channels Television and NTA in India, denying his major election campaign sponsor, Mr Chibuike Amaechi.
The President was asked a direct question about Amaechi's problems in the Senate, especially his screening and approval. Buhari answered that, "... those that are having problem in the National Assembly, I doubt, doubt if I have met him in my life".
President Buhari have never met Chibuike Amaechi, who was carrying him on his Private jet during the election, from one corner of the country to another.
Lying to deceive your audience is corruption and Buhari is doing very well in this area

3 Likes

Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by GMan650(m): 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2015
Bambless1:
W
tola9ja:
haaa
LastSurvivor:
d
Optional2:
Hmmm
olopan:
Hwre to
highpriest4:
H DJ g
Rehn:
Z
hobermener:
R
meshacha1:
J
Adaowerri111:
h
damton:
j
otijah:
Ok
9jacrip:
.///
kulobyno:
Hmmm

Chai, see space bookers. Diaris God ooo
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Northern leaders and some past leaders know the root of boko haram. It will never stop until the confess why the plan the deadly plans. Blood suckers. Let ur god fight for, don't fight for your god.
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Optional2(f): 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
GMan650:

Chai, see space bookers. Diaris God ooo
i don modify
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Franzinni: 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
I wish I knew what to say anymore to news like this, I have been desensitized, it's all statistics now... Sadly.
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by LockDown69(m): 11:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
otijah:
support who? How can you support a terrorist abi u dnt knw that PMB is terrorist?
He formed BH to make GEJs tenure unstable but now he cnt even stop them anymore

Shey he said decmber, I will be here when APC will say its dec 2016 they meant not 2015

People like you is the reason why we are in our present predicament, I can only pray for folks like you to change your mindset.
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Darlduchi: 11:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nigeria @ 54: We need peaceful means of break up — Chekwas Okorie

on September 28, 2014 / in Special Report 12:27 am / Comments

Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Reddit Print
Says PDP and APC are two sides of a coin
‘The attribute I share with Awolowo, Waziri Ibrahim, Aminu Kano’

By Olayinka Ajayi

Chief Chekwas Okorie, founder of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) and the incumbent Chairman of the United Progressive Party (UPP), believes in the emergence of a better Nigeria, if polluted and recycled politicians can be done away with. In this encounter, he laments what he describes as the weak approach by the presidency to the war against Boko Haram. Okorie also speaks on pro-Jonathan campaign group and Nigeria 54 years after independence among other issues.

What do you make of the controversy triggered by the pro-Jonathan’s campaign group which adopted the hashtag, ‘#Bring back Jonathan 2015’, that many considered a mockery of the hashtag on the abducted Chibok girls.
I am very disappointed that the president did not call them to order until recently, when he realised it had snowball into a national embarrassment. He later made a very weak statement dissociating himself from the campaign. Even at that, the campaign is still on-going.

It does not speak well of the free,fair and credible elections we are anticipating come 2015. If INEC rules could be ignored by those who ideally should abide by them, what then

Artists representing Nigeria perform during the opening ceremony of the FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013. AFP PHOTO
do you expect from the opposition?.
But our electoral system should have grown to a level whereby groups would not be involved in begging candidates to contest for political offices. What is your view about this?
It is the way our people have degenerated over time. It is also a sign of poverty in Nigeria. There is an adage in the East that says ‘goats only follow the person that holds a palm front’. Which means that pro-Jonathan groups can be regarded as hungry goats with low sense of reasoning.

It is unfortunate that in this part of the world, some groups are begging people to rule over them. If the person didn’t succeed while ruling over them, then he is not accountable to any of them. Anybody who wants to manage a big project called Nigeria must be intelligent enough to come up with a clear plan of what he or she intends to do differently to make life better.

However, it is not going to be a one-man show. Our party is presenting a presidential candidate from the South-east. It appears the APC is poised to present a northern presidential candidate, the PDP candidate is obvious to Nigerians (Jonathan). So far, Nigerians would be left to choose from different candidates, either the one some groups that are agitating the ruling party to continue or from a fresh political party ours.

What is your stand about key forces in the National Assembly being accused of indirectly lobbying for the postponement of the 2015 general elections so as to fight the Boko Haram sect to a standstill?
An average northerner believes the next election is an opportunity for power to come back to the North.
It appears the ruling party is so scared of confronting the Nigerian electorate because it will be the one to benefit from tenure elongation.

Any postponement of the 2015 general elections will create an impression that it is an agenda for tenure elongation which could be dangerous for our polity, leading to chaos and anarchy.

We in UPP want the elections to run as scheduled by INEC. We believe with an improved INEC, Nigerians are rational people who know how to use their votes to change their situation. There would be many upsets even to the level of presidency. We can’t wait to see Nigerians exercise their franchise and where majority would cast votes because democracy is about numbers.

Your party, until recently, had kept mute on matters concerning alleged misgovernance by the ruling party. Was it deliberate?
When it comes to being objective, we have never been silent. Unlike other parties, what we have not been involved in, is name-calling. We don’t believe the opposition should be reduced to name-calling. The PDP and APC are two sides of the same coin. They both have equal share of recycled politicians from the same source who came under new platforms.

I have said it before, the battle line has been drawn between progressive UPP and the reactionary parties. We have zoned our presidential ticket to South-east. Nigerians are left with the choice of going for a change or stooping low with the endemic that had eaten up our system. We are the only party that can pursue the anti-corruption cause passionately to a justified end.

What do you make of the rumour making the round about the UPP and APGA merger come 2015 elections?
Actually, there was a form of collaboration that is ongoing between our party and a faction of APGA led by Mazi Ogbu. You are aware I founded APGA while Mazi Ogbu was my deputy chairman, south and Umeh was my treasurer. It was the crisis in the party that spurred me to form another party. When Mazi Obgu became the chairman based on the invitation of former Governor Peter Obi, his executives paid me a courtesy visit and they apologised for what they did wrong to me.

They offered to work with us but being a faction we thought we should give them time to sort themselves out before we could go into discussions. But merger was not part of the plan because merger is a process enforced by law any time more than six months. But we agreed to collaborate come 2015; some where along the line, the role the presidency played in the APGA crisis made one faction of the two adopted Jonathan’s return come 2015. This has propelled divergent views and positions.

The Boko Haram sect has moved from abduction, killing and destruction of lives and properties to declaring certain areas as a caliphate and installing emirs. Do you think the 2015 elections are feasible?
It is possible. Election will come and go despite the war in the North-east. I remember during the Biafran saga, despite the heat in the Eastern Region, Nigeria did not break. The insurgents have not taken over the whole of North-east, the battle is ongoing. I don’t see it affecting election in a country as big as Nigeria with 36 states. If Adamawa State is poise for governorship election soon, why won’t the general elections hold?

But some people are of the opinion that there should be provision for peaceful separation in our Constitution, because 54 years after independence, our unity seems not to be working. What do you make of this?
This was what some of us tried to suggest at the just concluded National Conference. There should be an exit clause in the new Constitution so that any section that wishes to disengage from Nigeria can do so lawfully but apparently it was discarded. As it is, there is no legal means of separation. There are exit clauses in other countries.

In Nigeria, any separation will still be by force. If such provision is made, there will be appreciation of interdependence of each faction and it’s becomes boring to separate. But it appears, we are not mature to that level.

How best can insurgency be curtailed?
The war is on going. What Nigerians are not happy about is the inability of the Federal Government handling the war with kid gloves. Stronger armed forces should be deployed to clean out the place. There will definitely be a collateral damages, which is inevitable in a war situation. But the situation has been allowed to linger too too long. This does not speak well of our military as a nation.

How do you describe your being the only Igbo man in the league of the late sage Obafemi Awolowo by founding two registered political parties?
Circumstances led to that. I had a vision and founded APGA but that vision was derailed when APGA turned out to what I would describe as a political kidnap. You will discover that people with vision found political parties, but people with ambition join political parties. When circumstance led me to found UPP, it suddenly dawned on me that I had made another history. I am the first Igbo man to found the first registered political party in Nigeria.

NCNC was founded by the late Herbert Macaulay, NPP was founded by the late Waziri Ibrahim. When I founded UPP, I became the fourth person in the history of Nigeria to have founded political parties in their life time. The prefect of the class is Chief Obafemi Awolowo, who founded Action Group and Unity Party of Nigeria. Second in line is the late Mallam Aminu Kano. He founded Norther Elements Progressive Union and later Peoples Redemption Party.

The next is Alhaji Waziri Ibrahim who founded Nigeria Peoples Party. But when Dr.Azikiwe joined, he felt he could not struggle with him. He moved to found Great Nigeria Peoples Party. That action of his gave him the title of ‘apostle of politics without bitterness’; because he didn’t want to stay to fight, he simply found another political party. In my own case, circumstances led me into founding the second political party.

Unlike every other vision-driven organisation, founding political parties is not like building real estates. If it is, Igbo folks would have founded many and sold them but because if is not the best way to be comfortable, except you are pursuing vision that is the reason, we are only four in the entire history of Nigeria. Among the four, I am the only one alive by the grace of God.

How well is UPP prepared for 2015 elections?
Our party is like David in the Bible who defeated the giant. We have a natural constituency that can be likened to tradition that is entrenched in everywhere in Nigeria.

What do you make of the additional 30,000 polling units for election?
I took time to study INEC. I have absolutely nothing to fault Jega on the issue. He has done what is efficient for the conduct of elections. I studied the voters register and everything is clustered with figures. For the purposes of better management of elections, INEC said a polling unit should not have more than 500 voters.

But in the North, they are not as closely populated as we are in the South. Outside the metro-police, others are sparsely distributed and if you do not bring polling units closer to them, during election time, movement is restricted. And so many people will not be given the opportunity to move around. That was the main reason behind my clamouring for electronic system of voting.

Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Reddit Print
NEXT ARTICLE →
Nigeria @ 54: One more step forward … and things can get better — Edosomwan
← PREVIOUS ARTICLE
Nigeria @ 54: Currency and power are synonymous — Akinjide
You might also like

SEXUAL ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS AMAZING FACTS ABOUT PENIS SIZE (III)

We planned Lekki bank robbery in 24 hours – SUSPECT

FG orders IG to hand over Saraki money laundering case file

DELSU dons to Christians: Stop demonizing Urhobo culture

Making love is like food to me — Maheeda

Robbers exhume, behead, steal head of film director

Maheeda goes completely naked in Ikeja

Rapists on rampage: Shocking stories of how minors have become endangered (2)
Recommended by
Disclaimer
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.

0 comments

Sign in1 person listening

+ Follow
Post comment as...
Newest | Oldest | Top Comments

MOST COMMENTED
RECENT COMMENTS
273‘Mr. President, your statements're demarketing Nigeria’ - PDP
235Future of Nigeria :Gowon warns of looming danger
222God has hand in Nigeria’s affairs—Pastor Adeboye
113Buhari will not follow footsteps of ousted PDP govt - Presidency
77Kogi 2015: Buhari absent at APC ‘grand rally’

E-EDITIONS

Buhari vs Jonathan: Beyond the Election, by Charles Soludo

LATEST NEWS

11:24 pm Ministerial portfolios: Presidency denies speculated list
11:12 pm The sorry state of footballers’ welfare in the Nigerian league
11:00 pm “Rochas didn’t sack Ndubuoke at Heartland”
10:55 pm Champions League: Musa targets United’s fall
10:53 pm CAF move CHAN draw
10:30 pm Show of shame in Akure as fans turn refs into punching bags
10:20 pm MTN bows to pressure, agrees to pay N1.04trn fine
10:04 pm FIFA U-17 World Cup: Eaglet beat Brazil 3 -0
9:55 pm Ben Bruce to Buhari, govs: Stop blaming your predecessors
9:50 pm We want to win, we haven’t come for anything less – Nwakali
9:19 pm Nigerians hail Jonathan over Tanzania’s polls
9:12 pm Sultan urges wealthy Muslims to support the needy
9:00 pm Ambode on Twitter: ‘We are committed to delivering on our development agenda for Lagos’
8:52 pm Boko Haram: IDPs accuse leaders of selling donated gifts
8:47 pm Pa Fasoranti resigns as Afenifere leader, says goals were eroded
8:33 pm Alcatel OneTouch goes swag with Pixi 3 7″ slate tablet
8:08 pm Buhari will not follow footsteps of ousted PDP govt – Presidency
View all →
SPONSORED

Corporate Sponsorship As an Imperative for Positive Impact – The GE Example

RELATIONSHIPS

You must not equate excessive jealousy with love!
Mobiles might boost your love life but can also help you catch that love rat!
EBOLA OUTBREAK

FG set to establish Ebola survival clinic, says NCDC Director
BBC wins big by betting on chat app to deliver Ebola tips
Sex and masturbation may hamper Ebola eradication efforts
EDITORIAL

From MDGs to SDGs: meeting the new target
An appeal to religious leaders
CARTOON

Touching Defence
More →
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Eluwilussit(m): 12:11am On Nov 02, 2015
damton:
I believe one day this dastardly act will stop and Nigeria will return to her glory days.

When were the glory days?
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Taruson(m): 12:15am On Nov 02, 2015
otijah:
support who? How can you support a terrorist abi u dnt knw that PMB is terrorist?

Shey he said decmber, I will be here when APC will say its dec 2016 they meant not 2015
I bow at ur level high mental uncertainty
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by M4gunners: 12:41am On Nov 02, 2015
Taruson:
Say no to BH, support NA, support PMB!! One Nigeria.
One Nigeria is a scam. Say no to scam.
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by mosclement: 12:57am On Nov 02, 2015
Ha again
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by j4sure(m): 1:15am On Nov 02, 2015
God is in Control of this Country
ORACLE1975:
Eleven civilians were killed in a Boko Haram suicide bomb attack Sunday on a Chadian army post at Bougouma in the Lake Chad region, the government said.

“Two members of Boko Haram were neutralised and a third blew themselves up, killing 11 civilians,” a Chadian government statement said, referring to the Nigerian jihadist group.

More details

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/11-killed-as-boko-haram-attacks-lake-chad/
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 02, 2015
Anybody notice as of late how BH only makers FP at night??
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Debendu(m): 2:57am On Nov 02, 2015
Oh!my God. Bokoharam and their problem. May the Souls of the dead rest in peace.
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by wyqay: 6:05am On Nov 02, 2015
otijah:

can you prove it
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by nedu2000(m): 6:59am On Nov 02, 2015
Boko haram attacked the lake? shocked
Water no get enemy na
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by swaggerdgrt(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2015
All dis boko boy sefff,una own don too mch oohhh
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Smartresult(f): 7:05am On Nov 02, 2015
Buhari Cabinets Are Set To Surprise Nigerians, The New Ministers
Five month after the inauguration of president Muhammad buhari, some Nigerians, foreign investors have already started losing confidence in the new government, this is not far fetch from the fact that buhari has not appointed ministers to constitute his cabinet.
Some foreign media has already painted the new government as slow, notable among them is the Bloomberg, a New York based magazine with its popular post “from change champion to baba go slow.” Some Nigerians has already lost the hope they have for this government. This is evident from their continue reading
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by daltose: 7:44am On Nov 02, 2015
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by holyokoto(m): 7:44am On Nov 02, 2015
osaslord500:
Atiku Abubarkar should be held responsible, it seems he's the only person capable of funding BOKOHARAM!!

Right now am scared of what Boko Haram will become when dey start using those rocket launchers.

Be careful what you post on social media
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by osaslord500(m): 8:54am On Nov 02, 2015
holyokoto:

Be careful what you post on social media

Precisely am more careful with my profile grin

1 Like

Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by holyokoto(m): 9:08am On Nov 02, 2015
osaslord500:

Precisely am more careful with my profile grin
better
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by dwesternmall: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales.

interested candidates should send their CV's to ebinum.uyagu@westernmall.co.uk
and make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!

spread the word... tell a friend.

Regards
Damien
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2015
Hav U eva think of buying 4rm JUMIA, but don't no how 2 go about it, Call 4 Ur fastest online MARKET xperience. Cash on +Doorstep Delivery 08136386580.
Re: 11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad by 4reala(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2015
Mogidi:
Buhari was able to stop Maitatsine religious sect by just arriving Maiduguri in 1982, I wonder why his body odour no longer works.
because he has decided to surround himself wit corrupt pple

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Google Gives Me Award For Exposing Biafra / Don't Wear This In Northern Part Of Nigeria Otherwise. / Aisha Campaign Team Accuses Saraki, Atiku Of Inciting Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.