Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting (841 Views)

Fashola Inspects Wharf Road, Apapa, Other Selected Roads In Lagos / Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by Orikinla(m): 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
The Victory of Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigerian Dream has been selected for the American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting & Exhibition in Boston, USA. The event will be attended by 7,000 Librarians.

The Victory of Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigerian Dream is the first major book on the 2015 presidential election in Nigeria.
The book is dedicated to the memory of all those who lost their lives in Rivers State, Kaduna State and other states in the country during the elections. It also documented SOS text messages on the attack and murder of some members of the APC during the gubernatorial election in Rivers State.

The book was designed by Juvelin Aripal of the Philippines and printed in the US.

1 Like

Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by dustmalik: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nice
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by Ikengawo: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
Igbo Kwenu!
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by Tallesty1(m): 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
Cool........
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by odinese(m): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ikengawo:
Igbo Kwenu!
Yeeeh!!! grin grin
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sai Buhari.
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by CACAWA(m): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Is that elrufai there?
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
I love Igbo people, they have business sense. When he people are calling Buhari names, this man quickly write a book about him.

Expecting another noo from him, titled- Kanu on The Crossroad to Biafra
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by Orikinla(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
To protect the book from piracy, only Laterna Books on Victoria Island in Lagos may be the major distributor of the book in Nigeria. And we want to make it affordable for both the rich and poor. It will be at the major book fairs in London, Frankfurt, Paris and others.
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by lisimmo(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
haters gonna have heart attack.
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by Orikinla(m): 9:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:
I love Igbo people, they have business sense. When he people are calling Buhari names, this man quickly write a book about him.
Expecting another noo from him, titled- Kanu on The Crossroad to Biafra
. You are mistaking me. Many people in PMB's camp don't like my critical comments on him and satirical articles on Hausa Fulanis. As far as I am concerned, PMB is still afraid to probe OBJ and GEJ. And you cannot probe their ministers without probing them. How can you arrest the chief accountant of a gang of armed robbers and leave the leaders of the gang? It is either you arrest them all or ignore them all. You cannot harass the petroleum minister, and be scared of the finance minister. There something crooked about the current campaign against corruption by PMB. If he is serious, then he must not compromise his principles and no political godfather should be untouchable. Millions of young men and women in Nigeria supported and voted for change of government and expected the victory of President Muhammad Buhari to be their Nigerian Dream, but after 150 days of the new government in power, are they still seeing the beacon of the Nigerian Dream in Buhari? The book is not the biography of Buhari, but a critical analysis of his presidential victory and the future of Nigeria.
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by itstpia8: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
op arent you the book author?

why leave that information out.
Re: Book On Buhari Selected For American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting by Orikinla(m): 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
itstpia8:
op arent you the book author?

why leave that information out.
People already know that.
I want the focus to be on the book and not on me and my tribe.
Being Igbo does not pay bills, but being diligent and intelligent, and smart in doing what you can do best to excel and succeed in life.
I am Igbo by state of origin, but I can read and write in Yoruba. And my knowledge of Ifa Divination is deep.

There is too unhealthy tribal bigotry on Nairaland and this is doing more harm than good to the sociopolitical consciousness of Nigerians to see ourselves as one nation united in the nation building of a New Nigeria.

My father of blessed memory understood more Ijebu Yoruba than Igbo since her grew up among Yorubas from the age of 9 and my mother of blessed memory grew up among Hausa Fulanis and understood Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba languages. So, my upbringing is totally different from the tribal bigots always attacking themselves online and offline.
I am first and foremost, a Nigerian. And that is what matters most as a citizen of Nigeria and not my tribe or religion.
None of us chose to be born into any race, tribe, class and religion as none had any choice in the circumstances of our birth. So, we must stop being religious or tribal bigots and snobs.
Let us focus on the book and what the book is all about and it is best to read the book before arguing for or against it.

The book was selected without even my knowledge, because I never solicited for it to be included among the books selected for the ALA Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference which is the premier global library events, bringing together the news makers, innovators, thought leaders, and influencers in the library field, from all over the world. News is made at these events, where important announcements are made, updates are shared, relevant legislation and policy are addressed, and discussions take place that have a major impact on libraries, their role, and their ongoing transformation. These events trend nationally on Twitter and are extensively covered in the media.

(1) (Reply)

Economy: We’re In Trouble –fayose / Police Arraign Pastor For Alleged N1.4m Fraud / f

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.