Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? (2781 Views)

Children Of Woman Who Hired Assassin To Kill Her Husband: "Forgive Our Mum" / When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors / That Feeling When Woman Is 40 And she does'nt have Children of her own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2015
If I've seen it once, I've seen it over a hundred times,children of pastors being the exact opposite of what the pastors preach.
The pastor of my church (name withheld) is a very disciplined man of God. Really strict too....like really really strict. He doesn't take nonsense, and doesn't hesitate to call people out on their wrong doings. He uses crude words sometimes and I just wonder where his humility is.
Sequel to that, he loves using himself as an example, how he was disciplined as a worker, how sensible his wife is, how he runs his family and the one that has to do with this post....how his children are perfectly God fearing, obedient, morally upright, blah blah blah
The problem is, his kids are not 1% close to any of that. He has three kids, two gorgeous girls and a really handsome boy. The older girl is a certified slut, the boy ( I don't have personal evidence yet so I can't make claims), and the youngest girl is as dishonest as Nigerian politicians. And disrespectful too. All these are just the tip of the iceberg.
Our pastor is always making boasts of his children, is it that he's unaware or what?
And this is not applicable to my pastor alone, even amongst the children/teenager teachers, everyone just seems to love correcting other people's kids while using theirs as role models to be followed. Whereas theirs aren't quarter as good as we are. This is common among majority of the pastor's children I've met, all spoilt, all worse off and all being protected and boasted of by their parents.
Is anything going to be done about this? and by whom? Is this more of a religious thing or a family thing? I leave it to you guys.
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Vince77(m): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
Well i guess knowing how to serve God is not same as knowing how to raise kids.

5 Likes

Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Zambux(f): 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
Leave their matter for mathias
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by sissylucy(f): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2015
pastor children...na dem spoil pass
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Cutehector(m): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Op, d matter sef me I nor understand.. U even need to see children of pastors abroad.. U will even say children of pastors in nigeria are learners..

1 Like

Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by djakinwande(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
I fear pastors pikin dem
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
Cutehector:
Op, d matter sef me I nor understand.. U even need to see children of pastors abroad.. U will even say children of pastors in nigeria are learners..
That even reminds me of one of our senior pastor's daughter that went abroad to study...her fb photos...no go area. We are learning from them

1 Like

Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Rukkydelta(f): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Rukkydelta(f): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
Pastors get too occupied shepherding the church and forget about their children and also lack of freedom

5 Likes

Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by lilmax(m): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
Only if they know the kids outside their presence
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by EfemenaXY: 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
Children don't have to be an exact replica of their parents in terms of behavioural traits. It's complex but it's nothing new for offspring wanting to deviate from their parents 'norm'
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Cutehector(m): 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
JustTara:
That even reminds me of one of our senior pastor's daughter that went abroad to study...her fb photos...no go area. We are learning from them
I am tellin u.. Bad things are already happening and I am not surprised... I blame it on their parents cuz wen they wr young, dey may hav locked and caged dem and force dem to be behaving like reverend sister until the society corrupted dem.. Dey just wana experience the world u knw..

One tin I will always advice pastors is this.. Raise up their children like evry oda normal parent.. And not by forcing dem to toe their own paths..
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by freecocoa(f): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Children don't have to be an exact replica of their parents in terms of behavioural traits. It's complex but it's nothing new for offspring wanting to deviate from their parents 'norm'
This your font has made me blind o. Who offend you?grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by freecocoa(f): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2015
Op, the devil is to blame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by EfemenaXY: 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2015
freecocoa:
This your font has made me blind o. Who offend you?grin

The @op. Eh...what's wrong with my font na?
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by PresVA: 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
Pastors' children are just like every other children. . What is it they do that other children don't do?

People just expect too much from them as if salvation is for pastors and their families alone!

Give me an example of what pastors' children do that every other person don't do....

Why single them out? Work on yourself too... salvation is for everyone. ..

Also, not all pastors' children are bad just as not everyone is bad....

3 Likes

Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by freecocoa(f): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Walai, the font na serious weapon, reading it is catastrophic.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by EfemenaXY: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Walai, the font na serious weapon, reading it is catastrophic.

grin grin grin
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by yomi007k(m): 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
They r d same all over d federal republic.

.....Well, I'm not bothered cos I know KARMA got their phone numbers.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2015
PresVA:
Pastors' children are just like every other children. . What is it they do that other children don't do?

People just expect too much from them as if salvation is for pastors and their families alone!

Give me an example of what pastors' children do that every other person don't do....

Why single them out? Work on yourself too... salvation is for everyone. ..

Also, not all pastors' children are bad just as not everyone is bad....
Nobody said they are all bad. Read the post again, it's about not only the kids being bad but the parents blind to this fact. How can you save your congregation you don't know to a personal level when you can't save your child who you live with. Read Matthew 7:3
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by deewhone(f): 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
Vince77:
Well i guess knowing how to serve God is not same as knowing how to raise kids.
A pastor can succeed in his ministry buh fail as a father

1 Like

Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I can't find anything wrong with your font, I can read your replies quite all right. Maybe we should call a mod in.
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by EfemenaXY: 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
JustTara:
I can't find anything wrong with your font, I can read your replies quite all right. Maybe we should call a mod in.

Oh Tara! What rules have I broken??
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Oh Tara! What rules have I broken??
Ekpo! were you banned?
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by EfemenaXY: 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
JustTara:
Ekpo! were you banned?

No. Why?
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
deewhone:
A pastor can succeed in his ministry buh fail as a father
So sad isn't it? because then he'd be an hypocrite for preaching to his congregation about how to raise kids, especially when he preaches it so well. You can only pray for your pastors.
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
EfemenaXY:

No. Why?
The way you asked about the rules you've broken, I thought you've been banned that's why you were asking. Hope your font is better now?
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by EfemenaXY: 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
JustTara:
The way you asked about the rules you've broken, I thought you've been banned that's why you were asking. Hope your font is better now?

My Font's fine. Thanks for asking.
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by iykedare(m): 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
EfemenaXY:

What is this?
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by EfemenaXY: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
What is what, Iykedare?
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by iykedare(m): 9:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
EfemenaXY:
What is what, Iykedare?

Who hacked efe's nl account?

Where are the mods?
Re: What Is It With The Children Of Pastors??? by EfemenaXY: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
^^^

Lol! What makes you think my account's been hacked, Iykedare?

You didn't like the previous font. Don't tell me you've got a problem with this one too? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kids Toys And Automatic Gears, Come On In / How Did You Cut Your Family Members Off? / Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.