Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! (37546 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / This Is Highly Sacrilegious!!!(pics) See What A Young Lady Did With The Bible! / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Mintayo(m): 7:21am On Nov 02, 2015
When I thought I have seen it all. The Op is either a Muslim or has an Islamic background, this stuffs happen in Islamic world, for the love of God this is insane.
I can see that the op is selfish, the op is doing this because he doesn't want the lady marry an outsider or anyone outside the family.
Please look for someone else in the family, someone who is not yet married for her, not a married man, don't destroy a happy home!
And that kehinde? A Christian my foot! Perhaps he is the one that killed his brother to take his wife, why would he agreed to such nonsense?
God should save Christianity!

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2015
Your offences:
1. You encouraged Kehinde to go into adultery.. @ least your church/bible is against such
2. You tried to destroy Kehinde's home..
3. You have sown a seed of hatred between Kehinde and Taiwo's wives.
4. Since you are the elder and financer of the family, you should have been the one to marry her
5. As a pastor, everyone expects you to kick against such but then you are the brain behind it...
With these few points of mine Debating I hope I have been able to convince you and not to confuse you that your demotion is the least the church can do to you..
BTW from one of your responses, you made it seem that because of your financial involvement in the growth of the church, your action should be overlooked..

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by happiyke: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2015
Ur offence is that u commited a crime called BEAUTIFUL NONSENCE. And is punishable

1 Share

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by macaranta(m): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2015
himkers:

APC member spotted. Only APC members use such words. And as a PDP member, I ain't giving you any advise
lol
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by luluosas(m): 7:36am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:
This is a true life story

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?
1 Corinthians 7:39 "The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord."

Oga, you are at fault. Your late brother's wife was no longer bound by any law to your family since her husband was dead. She was at liberty to get married to any other person of her choice but never to become a second wife to your other brother because your suggestion is inimical to the Christian faith. Go and apologize to that widow woman for advising her ungodly and restitute to your church because you are at fault. You have no justification whatsoever in this matter because you only played tradition in place of Christianity. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 02, 2015
himkers:

APC member spotted. Only APC members use such words. And as a PDP member, I ain't giving you any advise

Lol..
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by onoja12: 7:38am On Nov 02, 2015
Adultery yes polygamy No, if you say other wise please quote the part of the bible that says so

Adiwana:

You see i dont argue when it comes to the bible.My text was plain enough for you to understand..The Bible is against Adultery and polgamy.simple!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by ray69: 7:46am On Nov 02, 2015
What u did,his of d old testament believes,why tell your kehinde to marry his late brodas wife instead u should have told taiwo wife to re_Marry,to someone else,God 4bid if it was taiwo's wife that died would u now tell tiawo to go and b married to d wife of kehinde,dat both. Of dem should married to kehinde's wife if d kehinde will not chop off your _____stick. Think very well b4 u do tins,u should. Have enquired from. Elders of your church b4 u took dat decision,that way u won't b asking naira landers if u did wrong. Wht u did was not it.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by jemmanuella97(f): 7:50am On Nov 02, 2015
You are asking what's your offence? Why don't you get married to the woman since you think you're doing the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by melakes(m): 7:52am On Nov 02, 2015
favoured234:
Your offences:
1. You encouraged Kehinde to go into adultery.. @ least your church/bible is against such
2. You tried to destroy Kehinde's home..
3. You have sown a seed of hatred between Kehinde and Taiwo's wives.
4. Since you are the elder and financer of the family, you should have been the one to marry her
5. As a pastor, everyone expects you to kick against such but then you are the brain behind it...
With these few points of mine Debating I hope I have been able to convince you and not to confuse you that your demotion is the least the church can do to you..
BTW from one of your responses, you made it seem that because of your financial involvement in the growth of the church, your action should be overlooked..

Now what more do u expect me to say? uv simply said my mind& nailed it.
@Op, if indeed u r a good pastor, u shud just bgin seeking forgiveness, beginning from God dn from d aggrieved wife, try to reunite d family, u& kehinde can support taiwo's kids & let d widow choose to either remarry or not. return to your church as a human, humble& solemn in spirit. seek 4givnes from church& authority. u can yet get ur loss back.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Priest200(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2015
Sir have read thru the new testament at all. God have standard 4 marriage one man one wife..you shld have prayed that God should bring anoda husband 4 her....and 4 d church sir where u working 4 God or ur personal interest..may heaven help u.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by DonKool1: 8:03am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

I don't want to open the door of temptation to my junior brother's wife by letting her wailing all about. It could be the beginning of waywardness

While this kind of thing might have okay with Jewish laws & customs (as can be see in the old testament & the question posed to Jesus about whom a bride that had married several brothers will be with in heaven) - You as a pastor needs to revisit and understand the wedding vow:
' to have and hold ......, TILL DEATH DO US PART".

Once death parts a couple, the marriage contract is broken.

You had no right to do what you did (biblically speaking) and you almost put another marriage asunder.
Your brother's wife is free to re-marry if she chooses to but not to a married person!

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Talibanis: 8:04am On Nov 02, 2015
Seriously, is the poster still mystified why he was demoted as a pastor? It goes to show the kind of fake pastors we have these days causing nuisance and mischief. Good thing the church acted fast by kicking his A S S out. What a relief to the church. angry

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by jamesbridget13(f): 8:04am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?
urur offence is dat u re consciously leading someone to go against d biblical principle of till death will a man n his wife part. U re a pastor? Hmmmmm. How can u even advice such a thing. Why not leave d widow to remarry n find how u can combine n take care of his kids he left behind. Even if ur brother has only a child. Is children everything? Ll d number of children u have make u anything?

Pls u deserve wat u got.
Just ask God for mercy n stop claiming right.

Why u no marry d widow self?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by jamesbridget13(f): 8:07am On Nov 02, 2015
Talibanis:
Seriously, is the poster still mystified why he was demoted as a pastor? It goes to show the kind of fake pastors we have these days causing nuisance and mischief. Good thing the church acted fast by kicking his A S S out. What a relief to the church. angry
seriously am suprised at what kind of pastor ll give such advice.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by undefeated(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2015
doubt if u were ever a christian talkless of a pastor.The church did the right thing
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by sulakishop(m): 8:16am On Nov 02, 2015
@Freegift75, that's what you get when you try to bring down the religion of light just because you are of different believe. I've been waiting for this day to come after following all your posts closely. This is just the beginning! Meanwhile, I'll advise you to sell all these your super story scripts to nollyhood tongue
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Vikky014(f): 8:29am On Nov 02, 2015
princeonx:
Next thing now you go open ur own business in the name of church.

If your oga wey demote you own na church of Christ yours will be church of Jesus Christ! Smh
hahahaha
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by ashatoda: 8:29am On Nov 02, 2015
what u did is wrong for anyone talkless of a pastor. If you dont have a younger one you would have been d one sleeping with her. My advice is go back to the church and serve as a member, forget ur money or post u were not born with it. Amend ur relationship with God, humble urself and receive ur discipline with d heart of repentance. It is man dat changes, d standard of God neva and wil neva. Wit tym d penalty will be lifted.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by higherpower: 8:32am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

Now, what is my offence?

Y didn't u marry her?

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by geraldhumphrey(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2015
U ar a useless man of devil.
Freegift75:

Now, what is my offence?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by GoodMuyis(m): 8:38am On Nov 02, 2015
Sir, can you go and get a copy of the doctrines your church believes in, read the marriage section again and again, then if you feel guilty go and apologize to church committee, then go enjoy your sabbatical month of discipline with sincere prayer.

your case is not bad, since you are not excommunicated.

As to why you are demoted, YOU DID CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU CHURCH BELIEVES IN.

This is not accusations but the church is to protect there image and belief.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by tyor: 8:53am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

Nairaland is a platform to learn. One or two persons could gain wisdom from this. So keep the insult to your self

@freegift75, Yes, NL is a place to learn but you can only learn if you have a BRAIN. You, Kehinde and Taiwo's wife are a lot more s-t-u-p-i-d than sick. You are a family of people destined for Yabaleft

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by iamsoja(m): 8:54am On Nov 02, 2015
With all due respect sir, you acted in a very stupid manner.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Laid2001: 8:58am On Nov 02, 2015
Well, You seems to belong to a church that has contrary understanding of the scripture to you, and you should have know this before now. Especially that you were a pastor in the same church who is meant to be verse in the church doctrine.

Now, wince the church have decided to part way with you, you should just go your way and look for a church compatible with your doctrine!. No be by force to belong to a particular church!.

If the deeds of the church land is still in your name, Claim the building and set-up your church on your land. He who plays the piper dictate the tune!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MyMentor: 8:58am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

I don't want to open the door of temptation to my junior brother's wife by letting her wailing all about. It could be the beginning of waywardness
who said that u r d one who opend d door if she does so?
As a pastor, u shld hv known what bible said in dat case: 1. She shld remarry if she cn't abstain - 1Cor. 7v8,9;
2. No room 4 polygamy - Mtt.19v4-6.
So, while u got one right, u got d other wrong.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Bluffly: 8:58am On Nov 02, 2015
69MissedCalls:
lets be real. the vow on the altar was "till death do us part" so the woman is free to remarry. but if u forced them then it is a sin
But not by marrying somebody's else husband.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Amjustme: 9:01am On Nov 02, 2015
Gerouttahere u knw wot am saying! Watz ur offence ko? Watz ur offence ni? Traditional pastor kawai.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by drstan(m): 9:02am On Nov 02, 2015
leofab:
why will your God kill him because he took his land back? Is he that wicked? Huh? This African monkey

where did I say God will kill him , if that is how best you can comprehend the passage good for u!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by fpeter(f): 9:10am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

Really? I know for sure that you are not a believer and you don't know the scriptures, otherwise you would not ask your brother to remarry his twin's wife. You should be ashamed of yourself. The woman is a widow and may remarry a widower or someone who has never been married before. That is what the Bible says.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 02, 2015
Why didn't you marry the lady yourself
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by dwesternmall: 9:42am On Nov 02, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales.

interested candidates should send their CV's to ebinum.uyagu@westernmall.co.uk
and make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!

spread the word... tell a friend.

Regards
Damien

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chris Okotie Celebrates 62nd Birthday After Mocking TB Joshua / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome At US Embassy Celebration With PM Netanyahu In Israel / Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.