Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees (2022 Views)

A 13-Year-Old Boy Gives Part Of His School Fees To Ice Cream Seller (Photos) / Cheating Nigerian Wife Threatens A Man Who Said Men Should Do DNA Test / He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ParagosPride: 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
I've been doing things with humility all my life and people that know me can testify. But with regards to my parent(dad),it is to the contrary. He sees me as arrongant,proud,stubborn and nothing but an ant.

It all started when i started visiting him when i was doing IJMB. Because i have never been living with him. There was one day i wore his slippers (thinking a son can at least do that) he told me if i do that again he will stop paying my school fees. Why that absurd reaction?! So rhetorical for me. Again,he talked about how Europeans bettered Nigeria and i said 'sir,it's not so. ' i gave him the contents of Walter Rodney's how Europe underdeveloped Africa. He said am arguing basic facts with him. That if i dare argue with him again he will stop paying my fee. What i notice is that he always claims to be right. I told him they don't photocopy jamb form that it is the print out that is to be photocopied. Oh my God! See reaction. That what do i know? He passed through all those things,,,,bla bla bla
Countless times he has done it. To make issue worse,it happened again this night from a mere issue.
This frustrates me and i really hate the sentence.
What do you think about it??How can i deal with him and make him change that notion??
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by psucc(m): 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
The crux of the matter is that you were not "living with him" which would have afforded you the chance of knowing 'who' you dad is. Now at an age you are getting close to him is a time you rather not throw yourself at him without first understudying him to know his likes and dislikes.
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ojun50(m): 9:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Young man he his yr father u don't argue with him or try to interfere wen he is talking

5 Likes

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Olajokefred: 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
In as much as you still want to get some funds from him towards your education, bro, let sleeping dogs lie cuz you will always have clashes if you continue this way. Act like a dunce whenever he's around and always ask for his view/opinion about anything, this will certainly make him feel like a god and he will see you as someone who reveres him. Mind you, this is just for a while except you've got alternatives.

5 Likes

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by EfemenaXY: 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
ParagosPride: Has it crossed your mind that perhaps, your responses / method of communication to your dad might come across as being 'confrontational'? Either way, you don't know him and he doesn't know you. So you both need to start from ground zero.
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Pidggin(f): 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
If you argue with him he will stop paying your school fees

1 Like

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Slimzjoe(m): 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
I know how you feel man...honestly!
Most Fathers that behave like that, Are Just Educated Illiterates.
All you have to do is, Ignore and Never take those Comments To Heart.
wink

2 Likes

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by yomi007k(m): 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
STOP ARGUING WITH HIM.

Hustle hard, ur still under his care.

ITS HIS HOUSE n HIS RULES.

Sont worry, u'll understand wen u start paying billz.

4 Likes

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by yomi007k(m): 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
STOP ARGUING WITH HIM.

Hustle hard, ur still under his care.

ITS HIS HOUSE n HIS RULES.

Dont worry, u'll understand wen u start paying billz.
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 02, 2015
ParagosPride:
How can i deal with him and make him change that notion??
Did you just type that sh*t?

Sorry is your name.

I'm out.
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Chidoks(f): 12:51am On Nov 02, 2015
You haven't been living with him so just ignore his ugly side.or you can just write him a letter,tuck it under his pillow.let him know how it hurts you when he says that.remind him how proud you are to be his son and how he's your rock. Until you notice a change try not to argue with him.

1 Like

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 02, 2015
You are not the smart or wise sort.
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2015
Stop arguing with him, some fathers are sadists.
Try your best to be somebody and avoid his utterances at all cost.

1 Like

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ifyalways(f): 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:
ParagosPride: Has it crossed your mind that perhaps, your responses / method of communication to your dad might come across as being 'confrontational'? Either way, you don't know him and he doesn't know you. So you both need to start from ground zero.
Efe cheesy this font na waya cheesy

@OP, you sound like the heady type though. Over sabi and i-too-know , you and your dad are bound to clash often as he seem to posses same traits. You are the son and need him most so you should swallow your pride, get rid of your over-sabi and stoop to conquer.

1 Like

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ParagosPride: 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
Olajokefred:
In as much as you still want to get some funds from him towards your education, bro, let sleeping dogs lie cuz you will always have clashes if you continue this way. Act like a dunce whenever he's around and always ask for his view/opinion about anything, this will certainly make him feel like a god and he will see you as someone who reveres him. Mind you, this is just for a while except you've got alternatives.
Thank you. I'll do that
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ParagosPride: 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2015
Brandnew2:

Did you just type that sh*t?

Sorry is your name.

I'm out.

i'm sorry but to be sincere your interpreting faculty is low. The 'deal with' simply means 'cope with'.
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ParagosPride: 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
Chidoks:
You haven't been living with him so just ignore his ugly side.or you can just write him a letter,tuck it under his pillow.let him know how it hurts you when he says that.remind him how proud you are to be his son and how he's your rock. Until you notice a change try not to argue with him.

I'm grateful for this piece of advice!!
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
ParagosPride:

i'm sorry but to be sincere your interpreting faculty is low. The 'deal with' simply means 'cope with'.
Perhaps you are the one who is unable to communicate effectively.

You could have said "deal with the situation" rather than "deal with him".

I'm even more sorry that you're such a rude slob.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ParagosPride: 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
orbitalgis:
You are not the smart or wise sort.
how do u mean that pls?
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ParagosPride: 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
Brandnew2:

Perhaps you are the one who is unable to communicate effectively.

You could have said "deal with the situation" rather than "deal with him".

I'm even more sorry that you're such a rude slob.

Thanks for that.

I think 'cope with him' and 'cope with the situation' both make sense. But i used the one that is best to me. You have a long way to go.
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
ParagosPride:

Thanks for that.

I think 'cope with him' and 'cope with the situation' both make sense. But i used the one that is best to me. You have a long way to go.

STFU fool.

The mere fact that you still leave with your dad tells me I'm ahead of you.

Stewpid ass wipe who wants to deal with his dad.

Your dad must have regretted having you.

1 Like

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by LordReed(m): 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Fact is your father doesn't see you as a son rather he sees you as another man in other words a "rival". He is eager to prove that he is THE MAN so anything you do that hints of opposition or "raising of shoulder" will set him off. It is the reason he keeps bringing up your school fees, it's a way letting you know you should look up to him.

You have several ways to deal with this. My advice to you is to become a Joseph, let everything that will be done in the house be done by you so much so you become indispensable to him. Also when ever he sends you on errands do it better than he expects. Unless your father is a hard hearted Hitler, this strategy will make him change his attitude towards so much so he himself will not understand what happened. Believe me if you take this advice you will be very happy with the relationship between you and your father.

2 Likes

Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ParagosPride: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
LordReed:
Fact is your father doesn't see you as a son rather he sees you as another man in other words a "rival". He is eager to prove that he is THE MAN so anything you do that hints of opposition or "raising of shoulder" will set him off. It is the reason he keeps bringing up your school fees, it's a way letting you know you should look up to him.

You have several ways to deal with this. My advice to you is to become a Joseph, let everything that will be done in the house be done by you so much so you become indispensable to him. Also when ever he sends you on errands do it better than he expects. Unless your father is a hard hearted Hitler, this strategy will make him change his attitude towards so much so he himself will not understand what happened. Believe me if you take this advice you will be very happy with the relationship between you and your father.
This is a powerful advice. Thanks so much .
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Mznaett: 9:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hmmm
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by Chimarto: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
Mine is the worst but he will surely regret his entire actions.
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by stonecoldcafe: 12:25am On Nov 03, 2015
ParagosPride:
I've been doing things with humility all my life and people that know me can testify. But with regards to my parent(dad),it is to the contrary. He sees me as arrongant,proud,stubborn and nothing but an ant.

It all started when i started visiting him when i was doing IJMB. Because i have never been living with him. There was one day i wore his slippers (thinking a son can at least do that) he told me if i do that again he will stop paying my school fees. Why that absurd reaction?! So rhetorical for me. Again,he talked about how Europeans bettered Nigeria and i said 'sir,it's not so. ' i gave him the contents of Walter Rodney's how Europe underdeveloped Africa. He said am arguing basic facts with him. That if i dare argue with him again he will stop paying my fee. What i notice is that he always claims to be right. I told him they don't photocopy jamb form that it is the print out that is to be photocopied. Oh my God! See reaction. That what do i know? He passed through all those things,,,,bla bla bla
Countless times he has done it. To make issue worse,it happened again this night from a mere issue.
This frustrates me and i really hate the sentence.
What do you think about it??How can i deal with him and make him change that notion??

Would he still pay your fees if you stop visiting him? Can you stop visiting him for your own sanity?
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ParagosPride: 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Would he still pay your fees if you stop visiting him? Can you stop visiting him for your own sanity?
yes. I just came for holidays this time around. But i've decided to stop coming for holidays.
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by stonecoldcafe: 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
ParagosPride:

yes. I just came for holidays this time around. But i've decided to stop coming for holidays.

You'll be fine. Thank goodness he is still doing his bit by sponsoring your education. I am sure its cos you don't live with him hence your lack of understanding.

Another thing you can do is talkless and study him more. Just try to blend with him and even if you don't agree to what he says, just say "okay or I see" as opposed to arguing. Take care.
Re: He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees by ParagosPride: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

You'll be fine. Thank goodness he is still doing his bit by sponsoring your education. I am sure its cos you don't live with him hence your lack of understanding.

Another thing you can do is talkless and study him more. Just try to blend with him and even if you don't agree to what he says, just say "okay or I see" as opposed to arguing. Take care.
ok. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Pulls Out Garlic From Wife's Vagina..... Lol / Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes / Re: I Am Suicidal And Hopeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.