Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Pwc Or Deloitte - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pwc Or Deloitte (63282 Views)

See What PWC, KPMG, Nigerian Breweries, And Deloitte Pays. / What Is The Entry Level Salary For Accenture, Kpmg Pwc And Awd / Which Offer Should I Accept? Kpmg Or Pwc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by OneONYX: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2009
WOW!!!!! I never knew my question will generate so much discussion. Sorry, I've not been on NL (esp the career section) for about 2 months now, hence my silence.

I chose PwC based on 3 factors:
a) Very useful advice from professionals (on this site and outside)
b) The client profile of both firms
c) The conduct of the staff during the recruitment process (I think PwC sold themselves well).

Yeah, I'm there now and I've not been disappointed. Except for the fact that I need to get used to the amount of tax I pay to the LIRS monthly; PwC's a fun place to be.

Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2009
so oneONYX, what's d pay like at pwc? (take home & total package)
seems this tax issue is a problem for all multinational coys, they simply dont know how to go round govt. even where i work now, we have a cunny way of reducing tax.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 11:26am On Aug 17, 2009
mcgboye:

so oneONYX, what's d pay like at pwc? (take home & total package)
seems this tax issue is a problem for all multinational coys, they simply dont know how to go round govt. even where i work now, we have a cunny way of reducing tax.

So you really think they dont know how to go about it? Firms that help their clients to avoid/reduce taxes?

They just decided not to do it because of the likely consequences of doing it. Remember they are multinationals and they are indirectly/directly controlled by the head offices which are usually located in some developed countries. They believe in preserving their image and anything that will tarnish that is always avoided like epilepsy. I'm sure you are aware of the Andersen/Enron saga which led to the demise of Arthur Andersen?

KPMG recently cancelled their DCP scheme which was being used as an avenue for reducing PAYE tax of their staff. They realised the LSBIR was onto them and had started challenging the technicality. Staff of KPMG now pay taxes of more than 50% of what they used to pay before.

However, do no think they dont have other loopholes in the tax law that they can use to reduce these taxes. I believe they just dont want to use it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by wyette: 12:25am On Sep 04, 2009
@Mcgboye wats to be xpected @ d KBAC training? i got a letter too plus d pre read

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Goldmann(m): 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2009
Hello people, I am a bit confused and worried at the same time. I did my KPMG test in February, went for the assessment in July and the Manager Interview in August, I was just invited for a Partner Interview today which will hold next Thursday 10th September, By the way, Im being interviewed for Business Performance Services, My concern is this: KBAC (whatever it means) starts on 14th September (I spoke with a friend in BPS, He also confirmed this date) So what does this mean? What batch am I even interviewing for? By God's grace, after success on the last stage, when can I expect to called for Medicals/Resumption? Please I really require relevant feedback on this issue,

Also what should I expect on the Partner Interview, Thanks in advance folks
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2009
wyette, no shaking.
as per KBAC, u've gotta prepare for fun. forget the accounting sections, my peeps out there say i shouldnt be worried. we'll be able to handle it. however, expect to be given course materials that are essentially an elaboration of the PreRead with you.

my problem is with the dress code for the training.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 12:38pm On Sep 09, 2009
@Goldmann, that's the problem with KPMG, i think. u never know whats up until u're called.
u could have ur medicals today and not be called up for another 6months.

as per the interview with the partner, just stay cool. u'll have the fun of ur life, if u're lucky enough.
all da best
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by teleporter(m): 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2010
, i'm torn between BPS and IT advisory. dyu require a specific background or certifications for BPS??

@Goldmann, please what did you study, dyu require a specific background or certifications for BPS??
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2010
@teleporter, while i dont really like both units as well as I love mu Audit where the potential for growth and mobility is very high, I'd still chose BPS. Talk about btw the devil and the deep blue sea
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by AjanleKoko: 11:02am On Apr 19, 2010
OneONYX:

WOW!!!!! I never knew my question will generate so much discussion. Sorry, I've not been on NL (esp the career section) for about 2 months now, hence my silence.

I chose PwC based on 3 factors:
a) Very useful advice from professionals (on this site and outside)
b) The client profile of both firms
c) The conduct of the staff during the recruitment process (I think PwC sold themselves well).

Yeah, I'm there now and I've not been disappointed. Except for the fact that I need to get used to the amount of tax I pay to the LIRS monthly; PwC's a fun place to be.

Thanks guys.

Good choice. I know PWC has a stronger client base in Nigeria.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by teleporter(m): 11:36am On Apr 19, 2010
@ mcgboye , is it that bps isn't great or u just prefer audit. what's ur background like. Also I wld appreciate if u cld send me ur email, id like to discuss indepth wt u, like seriously. thnks a lot.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by teleporter(m): 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2010
@mcniche -- hi, were u eventually called??

@mcgboye -- pls i'd appreciate ur response on why u prefer BPS to ITA. thanks. Im preparing for my interview though i havnt been called yet. id also appreciate if u cld give me pointers on what to study.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 26, 2010
I was very lucky to work with these two prestigious firm. I gained my meaningful audit experience with Deloitte. And thereafter, I was offered a job for Management Advisory Services in PWC. Its not really the pay that matters but the practical learning experience that you will gained from them. Trust me, you will get tremendous offers after working with them. I should say I owe a lot from them. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by mcgboye(m): 12:41am On Apr 27, 2010
@teleporter, i really do think ITA is too streamlined. BPS is not very popular in this part of them world, but it's definitely on d rise and given the choice btw both I'll easily chose BPS. There u get to travel a lot, meet choice clients, provide solutions to real-life business problems and be put on the spot for every decision taken, u know.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by teleporter(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2010
@mcgboye , I think u r spot on on that. that ws the same line of reasoning I had. so would you say its more in line with core/mgmt consulting?
@mcgboye, @tos, @tbk147, if so, I have another questn for u regarding pwc as a whole. pwc sold their consulting practice(I think early 2000s) to ibm global services because there ws increasing pressure on them not to consult for their audit clients, but the issue was that they audited about 40% of fortune 500 companies, so telling them not to consult for the audit clients means their market was very limited hence the sale to ibm. My question is this, if pwc sold its whole consulting business to ibm, why do they still have an advisory consulting arm? I have a possible explanation which im not sure of but first, your thoughts.
thank you
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by blank(f): 7:23am On Apr 28, 2010
teleporter:

@mcgboye , I think u r spot on on that. that ws the same line of reasoning I had. so would you say its more in line with core/mgmt consulting?
@mcgboye, @tos, @tbk147, if so, I have another questn for u regarding pwc as a whole. pwc sold their consulting practice(I think early 2000s) to ibm global services because there ws increasing pressure on them not to consult for their audit clients, but the issue was that they audited about 40% of fortune 500 companies, so telling them not to consult for the audit clients means their market was very limited hence the sale to ibm. My question is this, if pwc sold its whole consulting business to ibm, why do they still have an advisory consulting arm? I have a possible explanation which im not sure of but first, your thoughts.
thank you

I can answer this cos i worked in Pwc before. The advisory consulting arm is to consult mainly for companies that they are not auditing. They can still do consulting services for company that they audit for as long as the companies are not registered on the US stock exchange and they keep to certain rules.

mcgboye:

meanwhile TOS, seems everyone is leaving pwc for kpmg. i think 3 friends have left pwc in recent months for kpmg, and i colected my letter alonghside another guy that works tehre. what could be happening?

I have my views on this. PwC recruits for mainly their audit practice. So, imagine a pharmacy graduate doing audit. He wont be feeling satisfied. KPMG takes forever to complete their recruitment exercise while PwC concludes everything in about a month plus. Thus, the pharmacy graduate mentioned above (who would have applied to the two companies) would accept the offer from PwC pending when KPMG concludes their recruitment exercise and puts him in consulting. I saw a lot of this with the August batch that were recruited. Its a pity really.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by tos(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2010
blank:

I can answer this cos i worked in Pwc from May 2008 till September 2009. The advisory consulting arm is to consult mainly for companies that they are not auditing. They can still do consulting services for company that they audit for as long as the companies are not registered on the US stock exchange and they keep to certain rules.

I have my views on this. PwC recruits for mainly their audit practice. So, imagine a pharmacy graduate doing audit. He wont be feeling satisfied. KPMG takes forever to complete their recruitment exercise while PwC concludes everything in about a month plus. Thus, the pharmacy graduate mentioned above (who would have applied to the two companies) would accept the offer from PwC pending when KPMG concludes their recruitment exercise and puts him in consulting. I saw a lot of this with the August batch that were recruited. Its a pity really.

You are spot on, blank. It's going to be difficult to prevent any of the big firms to stop rendering advisory services to their clients especially as they generate most of the income from this area. Though these firms have stopped rendering this service to their audit clients in line with the requirements of Sebarnes Oxley Act. Also, the firms have no obligations not to make money from audit clients in this area as long as the clients are not registered on the US stock exchange.

I have my own theory on why people move from PwC to KPMG. I agree that the long recruitment process of KPMG is a factor, people also move because of salaries. KPMG was known to have a very robust salary package for new entrants and managers. However, this is no longer the case as other firms are now offering very competitive salary packages. Also, there are opportunities for diversification at KPMG as non-accounting graduates can work in practice divisions that suit what they studied in schools. For instance, an engineer can be useful in business advisory and so can an IT graduate and a lawyer in systems audit and business regulatory, respectively.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by teleporter(m): 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2010
@blank, I agree with, those were my thots also. , so u left pwc, are u still in a consulting firm?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by blank(f): 8:02am On Apr 30, 2010
teleporter:

@blank, I agree with, those were my thots also. , so u left pwc, are u still in a consulting firm?

I am not. I am doing a masters in UK.
Would have loved to still stay but as a female, some things are just time bound.
Would still like to return there, if they will take me.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Sintame: 8:10pm On May 29, 2010
Hi folks,
I'v followed your discussions with keen interest and i'm elated at d wealth of info i'v receive.Bt,i want to ask: what kind of work(i need details please) does an engineering graduate(say, mech engr) do at KPMG(Advisory)?
Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by JUNIT1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2010
pwc in sa rocks, dnt know about nigeia, but everybody knows that pwc is the number one audit firm in the world
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2010
PwC over delloite anyday in Nigeria
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by eroticme: 11:24pm On Sep 07, 2010
Pls i need ur help, i just graduated and am waiting for NYSC. I had a 2.1 in accounting, i have applied to KPMG, but they havnt invited me for anything. Also my frends who finished with first class have done all the interviews. Am planning to do my ICAN during service though. Also i want to specialize in Finance what advices do u have for me?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Plutarch: 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
pls house,does any one know the current salary for entry level in deloitte.i would like to know. thanks in anticipation.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by thelicious: 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
Hello house..... Pls who knows anytin abt ernst n young interview and their pay package for entry level. Pls I nid help on dat... Thanx
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
I think I prefer pwc to deloitte or kpmg. I appreciate the fact that pwc doesn't give age restrictions in their recruitment process. I enjoy working with people of all ages.
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by silvercoin: 10:58am On Mar 24, 2013
Please does anyone know how much PWC is paying presently for Entry level ? Kindly respond
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by matthewoloche: 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
pls who has done his or her pwc personality test?
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by yomihagin: 11:18am On May 04, 2013
koyes: I think I prefer pwc to deloitte or kpmg. I appreciate the fact that pwc doesn't give age restrictions in their recruitment process. I enjoy working with people of all ages.
. To everybody on this thread ; I am currently in the 2013 Graduate recruitment process of PWC and have scaled through the online and verification tests.I just want to be sure if there is any age requirement for the recruitment though it was not specified in the job advert and their HOUR staff that checked my credentials on the day of verification test did not make any complaint
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by Nobody: 12:12am On May 28, 2013
koyes: I think I prefer pwc to deloitte or kpmg. I appreciate the fact that pwc doesn't give age restrictions in their recruitment process. I enjoy working with people of all ages.
Sorry, I take back what I said.pwc has age limits.they do discriminate.sorry!
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by yomihagin: 4:39pm On May 31, 2013
So please are u aware of the age limit for the present graduate trainee recruitment.THANK yOU
Re: Pwc Or Deloitte by BAKAREAAT(m): 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
Please both firm are ok by all std but please because of destiny sake and the flexibility we are talking about i.e the change world Please choose PWC.
Thank You
Taiwo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faith Ogochukwu: A Nigerian Soldier Who Is A Rice Farmer (Photos) / “I Slay In My Military Uniform Just The Same Way I Slay In My Civil Wear” / A Lady Cleaner In A Cinema In Abuja Shares Her Story. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.