Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English (4829 Views)

Buhari's Return To Nigeria: Presidential Jet Leaves Heathrow Airport (video) / Is Nigeria In The Brink Of Another Civil War? - Al Jazeera / Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by urbanmonk: 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
First China-made passenger jet leaves production line

The first plane produced by a Chinese government initiative to compete in the market for large passenger jetliners has been unveiled in Shanghai.

The Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC) showed off its twin-engine C919 in a ceremony on Monday attended by some 4,000 government officials and other guests at a hangar near the Pudong International Airport.

China's aviation market is growing fast but relies on Boeing and Airbus aircraft.

The ruling Communist Party wants to claw back some of the commercial benefits that flow to foreign suppliers.

Dependence on Boeing and Airbus

For China, the plane represents at least seven years of efforts in a state-mandated drive to reduce dependence on European consortium Airbus and Boeing of the United States, and even compete against them.

"China's air transport industry cannot completely rely on imports. A great nation must have its own large commercial aircraft," the country's civil aviation chief Li Jiaxiang told an audience of government and industry officials.

A small truck towed the 39-metre long plane - painted white with a green tail - out of a cavernous building decorated with an enormous Chinese flag into the sunlight as project workers marched alongside, an AFP news agency journalist saw.

"The roll out of the first C919 aircraft marks a significant milestone in the development of China's first indigenous aircraft," COMAC chairman Jin Zhuanglong told the ceremony.

The aircraft, which has a range of up to 5,555 kilometres, will make its first test flight in 2016, he said - meaning that it will miss the original deadline of this year.

The China Daily newspaper has reported the maiden voyage could even be put back to 2017.

China has dreamed of building its own civil aircraft since the 1970s when Jiang Qing, leader Mao Zedong's wife and a member of the notorious "Gang of Four", personally backed an attempt to do so. But the Y-10's heavy weight made it impractical and only three were ever made.

Although the C919 is made in China, foreign firms are playing key roles by supplying systems as well as the engines, which are made by CFM International, a joint venture between General Electric (GE) of the US and France's Safran.

More than 500 orders

Spending on the C919 has not been revealed. Last month, the Export-Import Bank of China said it would provide state-owned COMAC with $7.9bn in finance for its aircraft projects.

The company already has orders for 517 of its C919 planes, according to a COMAC statement, almost all of them from domestic buyers. Among foreign customers, Thailand's City Airways has ordered 10, according to an announcement last month.

But it will take years for the C919 to be delivered to customers, with the plane expected to enter service in 2019 at the earliest, industry officials said.

"There's a lot of work to do still," said Briand Greer, president for Asia-Pacific of Honeywell Aerospace, which is supplying four key systems for the C919: flight control, wheels and brakes, auxiliary power units and navigation.

"A lot of testing, a lot of flight testing, systems integration testing and of course all the certification," he told AFP.

COMAC has already developed a smaller regional jet, the ARJ, in a project which is years behind schedule.

Test flights

The 78-90 seat ARJ is still undergoing test flights and lacks the crucial certification by the US Federal Aviation Administration that would enable it to fly in US skies.

The Chinese company also plans a wide body plane, the C929, in cooperation with Russia's United Aircraft Corp., and speculation is mounting China will create a new aero-engine entity to try to produce the powerful jets needed for large civil aircraft.

China is expected to add 6,330 new aircraft worth $950bn to its commercial fleet by 2034, Boeing stimates.

The single-aisle C919 targets the lucrative segment dominated by Boeing's 737 and the Airbus A320.

"Research and manufacturing of a big plane is complex," said China's Vice Premier Ma Kai, the highest government leader attending the ceremony. "There is still a long way to go to commercial operation."

Source: Agencies

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/china-passenger-jet-leaves-production-line-151102054428051.html

1 Like

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by christinie(f): 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
Totally awesome.
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by signature2012(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
See better country with good leaders.They are always thinking ahead to make the life of their citizens better,not like our own leaders that are selfish and corrupt hearted.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by BALLOSKI: 7:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
cool

For the fact that the plain is streamlined , but can carry up to 168 on board , I think I like it.

We love China products in Nigeria more . Since we are thinking of reviving our 'nigerian airways' , it's good we look China's way.

BUHARI, oya order 4 for us.

1 Like

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by NICOGRAVITY: 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
Made in China passenger jet?
Isn't it a death trap and multiple disaster waiting to happen?
I won't fly it for free.
Made in China will always be made in China.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Missy89(f): 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
Lol. Thank you but I will pass lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Karlovich: 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hope its up to standard and not one of those wack stuffs they design in africa
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by owobokiri(m): 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
Serious people..

1 Like

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by mrvitalis(m): 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
That's a serious country

1 Like

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by AngryNigerian(m): 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
Opposite of good will always be bad, just as opposite of GENUINE (ORIGINAL) will always be CHINCO! Chinco Plane kwha! Hmmm...I no fly ooo

2 Likes

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by tyson99(m): 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
chinko products hmmmmm
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Idrismusty97(m): 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Another chinco that would soon be exported to Africa. I love the doggedness of China anyway, This is a country pushing hard to be completely self sufficient.

2 Likes

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by jmoore(m): 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
China, the world power.

Next world power is coming from Africa.

5 Likes

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by jmoore(m): 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
These folks that keep screaming chinco, can you assemble ordinary wheel barrow?

We dey even import ordinary toothpick. See their mouth like chinco undecided

Upgrade your knowledge and mentality biko.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
This what is very much needed to revive our airlines cheap but reliable aircraft. Mark my words any smart CEO should start weighing their options because this would definitely disrupts the market.

1 Like

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by BALLOSKI: 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
Missy89:
Lol. Thank you but I will pass lipsrsealed
you just have to pass cos this is not Boeing's or made in America.

*sms*

1 Like

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Missy89(f): 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
BALLOSKI:
you just have to pass cos this is not Boeing's or made in America.

*sms*

Has nothing to do with America. In fact, How many stuffs are made in America anymore? I wont fly a Chinese made plane even if it is for free.
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
Just as Buhari waste his time announcing to the world how corrupt Nigeria is, leaders are busy researching and producing.

7 Likes

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by BALLOSKI: 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
NICOGRAVITY:
Isn't it a dead trap and multiple disaster waiting to happen?
I won't fly it for free.
China market is so open that they give you anything according to your money...no fixed standard. Remember, whatever sub-standard products you ordered to be produced in China, leaves China with a naval officer attached to make sure none of those products return to their country.

China has the best in anything they set their hearts on , except if they want to compromise the standard.

4 Likes

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
God forbid bad thing. I still dey struggle with chinko phones na im i go com enter chinko planes?
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by BALLOSKI: 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
Missy89:

Has nothing to do with America. In fact, How many stuffs are made in America anymore? I wont fly a Chinese made plane even if it is for free.
grin grin grin

I might go get the license and fly this beautiful 'airboy' that's made in China. Don't forget to join me on board.
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by ACM10: 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Better to fly with Chanchangi than to fly with chinko aeroplane
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by chukxie(m): 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
Some people here are so ignorant of how much advancement - scientific, engineering, economic etc, China has made in less than three decades. They scream " Chinco products no dey last", meanwhile our country isn't manufacturing /making any exportable products. Do you guys know China recently signed a deal to build speed train lines for the UK? Una dey yab while China dey move.

5 Likes

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Tkester: 8:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
Missy89:

Hahahahaha, they don't even know you exist. Weda you fly or you no fly It will very soon take over Boeing, sorry for disappointing you.
Mtchew!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Shymm3x: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
Haters gonna hate, when they can't even build toothbrush in their own country. Typical black monkeys. grin

Isn't Lenovo, the best computers today, also a Chinese company? Chinese replicas are different from proper Chinese companies...even a toddler knows that.

God bless China, I don't envy the Asian tigers...hopefully an African country will get there soon.

[img]http://media./media/A6NO2EKHZ9IzK/giphy.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by idu1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Them try....

Chinco plane for chinco people
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Missy89(f): 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
BALLOSKI:
grin grin grin

I might go get the license and fly this beautiful 'airboy' that's made in China. Don't forget to join me on board.

You will be flying straight to heaven o. Godspeed! cool
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by gab264(m): 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
jmoore:
These folks that keep screaming chinco, can you assemble ordinary wheel barrow?

We dey even import ordinary toothpick. See their mouth like chinco undecided

Upgrade your knowledge and mentality biko.
Bro no mind them.
this folks reseons with there anus.
The scamme change u people voted, can't even lay a good policy to drive this economy.
Ur here shouting Chico.
While this country can't even produce a bicycle"

1 Like

Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by BALLOSKI: 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
Missy89:

You will be flying straight to heaven o. Godspeed! cool
pilots are trained to die. I'm not worried. grin
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Greyworld: 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
NICOGRAVITY:
I won't fly it for free.

Nicogravity is a known fool and you chose such person as yur mentor or are yu d same nicogravity ..... I min the foolish dude?

Secondly you will never emphasis on NEVER get a free ride in a chinese made bicycle so stop day dreaming abt the flight.
Re: First China-made Passenger Jet Leaves Production Line - Al Jazeera English by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
NICOGRAVITY:
I won't fly it for free.

Like Chonco jet abi?
Sorry bro, most products in the world are from China.
With this cost of private jet would soon be like buying a German car.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Refused To Shake Ortom's Hand At Council Of State Meeting - Fani-kayode / Vanguard Governor Of The Year 2018 Award: Ugwuanyi Receives Notification Letter / Kogi Workers Get Fraudulent Bank Alert As Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.