Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,034 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export (19838 Views)

NOW YOU CAN OWN A COMMERCIAL SNAIL FARM IN YOUR BACKYARD. / Practical Snail Farming. All About Snailery! / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by Georgville(m): 10:13am On Aug 01, 2016
annunaki2:

Well for a start I am just starting it as a small garden farm on an experimental basis. I caught about twenty small snails with which I am starting. I will decide to go in commercial farming based on the outcome of my experiment. I just need advise on how best to rear the few snails I am experimenting with.

The snails you caught are they GALS? Most of the snails we see around our houses during the rainy season are AF. (hope u know about the different species of snails). The AF takes longer time to get to table size compared to others. Jst felt u should know though u did mention it's on an experimental basis. All the best.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by annunaki2(m): 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
Georgville:

The snails you caught are they GALS? Most of the snails we see around our houses during the rainy season are AF. (hope u know about the different species of snails). The AF takes longer time to get to table size compared to others. Jst felt u should know though u did mention it's on an experimental basis. All the best.

What do you mean by GALS? Yes I suspect that they are mostly AF even though there is a second specie i have been catching in much lower quantities. But from twenty snails when I first started a month ago, I now have approximately 500 smiley all caught by myself and some security guards in the area I paid to catch on my behalf. Infact I already see myself as a snail farmer grin and I plan to invest considerably in the business both knowledge wise and financially. My target is to have up to one million snails before I start selling and this could take a couple of years. On the issue of experiment, I am no longer experimenting, I think I have got the bug grin and now even dream of snails in my sleep. grin I have made up my mind to fully go into the snail farming business. smiley my target for now is to get a minimum of 2,000 snails before the end of the rainy season and then grow my farm from there.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by annunaki2(m): 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
Georgville:

What do you mean by GALS? Yes I suspect that they are mostly AF even though there is a second specie i have been catching in much lower quantities. But from twenty snails when I first started a month ago, I now have approximately 500 smiley all caught by myself and some security guards in the area I paid to catch on my behalf. Infact I already see myself as a snail farmer grin and I plan to invest considerably in the business both knowledge wise and financially. My target is to have up to one million snails before I start selling and this could take a couple of years. On the issue of experiment, I am no longer experimenting, I think I have caught the bug grin and now even dream of snails in my sleep. grin I have made up my mind to fully go into the snail farming business. smiley my target for now is to get a minimum of 2,000 snails before the end of the rainy season and then grow my farm from there. Any advice will be very much appreciated. wink
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by Georgville(m): 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
annunaki2:

What do you mean by GALS? Yes I suspect that they are mostly AF even though there is a second specie i have been catching in much lower quantities. But from twenty snails when I first started a month ago, I now have approximately 500 smiley all caught by myself and some security guards in the area I paid to catch on my behalf. Infact I already see myself as a snail farmer grin and I plan to invest considerably in the business both knowledge wise and financially. My target is to have up to one million snails before I start selling and this could take a couple of years. On the issue of experiment, I am no longer experimenting, I think I have caught the bug grin and now even dream of snails in my sleep. grin I have made up my mind to fully go into the snail farming business. smiley my target for now is to get a minimum of 2,000 snails before the end of the rainy season and then grow my farm from there. Any advice will be very much appreciated. wink

Lol. I get.. Bt u can't possibly go into commercial snail farming with those. Like I said, they take forever to get to table size compared to Am and AA. I started with AM and with proper feeding and management practices they shld be ready for the market in 7months max. Btw GALS is an acronym for Giant African Land Snails. If u want to go commercial get breeder snails from a good farm, preferably POL (point of lay).

1 Like

Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by annunaki2(m): 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
Georgville:

Lol. I get.. Bt u can't possibly go into commercial snail farming with those. Like I said, they take forever to get to table size compared to Am and AA. I started with AM and with proper feeding and management practices they shld be ready for the market in 7months max. Btw GALS is an acronym for Giant African Land Snails. If u want to go commercial get breeder snails from a good farm, preferably POL (point of lay).

Thanx for the advice, I would certainly heed it but for now I want to restrict myself to what I can catch whilst I garner snail rearing experience and get a much bigger space as I am currently breeding them behind my house. When I am ready I will expand the farm into an unused land I have and invest heavily stocks from a good breeder.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 11:24am On Aug 17, 2016
Hello Folks,

A legitimate commercial snail farming practice and venture requires a demanding work ethic and patience.

It is not a get-rich-quick scheme and a commercial Snailery is one that produces a minimum of 50,000 snails or more, much more each season.

SnailCare...We Care!

‪#‎getconsultation‬@SnailCare

Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 2:54am On Sep 02, 2016
FARM/SITE SURVEY
This is done to ascertain the suitability of land, soil, vegetation, topography, rainfall pattern and drainage and snail specie suitable for the land.
It also entails transient walks, identification of landmarks, soil testing, observation and determination of the micro-climate, soil type and nutrient content, most suitable snail housing method to adopt, suitable food and shelter plants – their number, arrangement and establishment, installation and placement of farmstead features and resources necessary for the establishment of your Snailery.
ROAD MAP AND SPENDING PROFILE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A SNAIL FARM
A detailed plan and explanation to guide you in the setting up of your Snailery- standards and recommendations and the course of action – “Action Plan” – prerequisite to the establishment of your Snailery is drawn up for you in the road map.
The spending profile details snail housing materials, food and shelter plants, required labour, foundation stock, feed supplements, our services for the project and their costs.
We offer the best services.
SnailCare...We Care!

Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2016
Happy Sunday Folks.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Happy Holidays!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
leunamme93:
Happy Holidays!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 9:28am On Sep 14, 2016
Hello Folks,
SnailCare Farm Presents
Guidance Seminar and Consultation Session on Commercial Snail Farming
A lot of fascinating things have been said about snail farming and information marketers, people looking to make a quick buck; to take advantage of prospective snail farmers; investors who are looking to multiply and increase their income stream. However, to ensure that optimum production and productivity is attained and that your snail farm thrives adequate knowledge, training and consultation is necessary.
SnailCare Farm is an innovative and commercial snail farm with a knowledge base spanning from over 18 years of experience and operations and adopting a practical and adopting organic and agricultural bio-dynamic principles to modern commercial snail farming.
We have developed and worked with and for clients from all works of life government bodies and institutions. A few of which are Ekiti State, Covenant University and University of Agriculture Abeokuta, UNAAB,
Our seminars and training are on the farm and not in air-conditioned class-rooms or halls. We give you the nitty-gritty about snail farming and strive at establishing a prosperous business relationship with you through our life-time mentorship service. This gives you and edge over other snail farmers as BSMPs and mitigations to challenges are given to you when you encounter them. You also become a member of our snail farmers network; this ensures that a ready market is made available for your Snailery products.
Audience: Snail farmers and prospective snail farmers; persons from all walks of life looking to start snail farming as a multiple stream of income; Entrepreneurs; persons interested in export commodities and agricultural investments to last a lifetime.
SnailCare Farmhouse 8 Omotosho Close, off Akoberu Rd., Okokomaiko Lagos
Date:
Saturday 24th Sept.; 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th Oct. 2016
Time: 10 a.m -1p.m WAT
For details registration:
Call: CJ, +23480110505865 ; TAD, +2348066104430
Whatsapp: +2349030490173
Email: snailcarefarm@gmail.com; snailcares@yahoo.com
SPOT REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED; INTERESTED PARTICIPANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE, MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR ANY OF THE SCHEDULED DATES.
SnailCare..We Care!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by annunaki2(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2016
Which area is okokomaiko in
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
annunaki2:
Which area is okokomaiko in
its in Ojo locality. It also sits the Lagos State University(LASU) Ojo. Home to the famous Alaba International Market.
Where is your abode?
You dont need to tell us exactly, your LGA will do find just to help you find your way to us.
Thank you.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by annunaki2(m): 9:55am On Sep 15, 2016
leunamme93:

its in Ojo locality. It also sits the Lagos State University(LASU) Ojo. Home to the famous Alaba International Market.
Where is your abode?
You dont need to tell us exactly, your LGA will do find just to help you find your way to us.
Thank you.

If I am coming I will be driving so I will needs descriptions based on that as I am not familiar with descriptions based on bus stops undecided I can find my way to LASU though so maybe you should describe your location from LASU.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by masseratti: 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
annunaki2:

If I am coming I will be driving so I will needs descriptions based on that as I am not familiar with descriptions based on bus stops undecided I can find my way to LASU though so maybe you should describe your location from LASU.
guy becareful ooo, you know alot if people on this forum will pay any amount to silence you, i guess you know what am talking about, you open the eyes of alot of people.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by annunaki2(m): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
masseratti:
guy becareful ooo, you know alot if people on this forum will pay any amount to silence you, i guess you know what am talking about, you open the eyes of alot of people.

Thanks I get your drift. wink
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
annunaki2:

From Lasu its straight down to Okokomaiko on the Badagry express way.
less than 10mins you should be there if there is less traffic.
take the next turn by your left on the express, move ahead till you get to Okokomaiko b/stop again.
Take the next major turn by your right.
There are mini buses, okada men and keke right in the b/stop.
Just tell a bike man to take you to our address since you say you're not familiar with descriptions based on b/stop.
SnailCare Farmhouse 8 Omotosho Close, off Akoberu Rd., Okokomaiko Lagos
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
masseratti:
Care to explain @Bolded?
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by masseratti: 8:33am On Sep 17, 2016
leunamme93:

Care to explain @Bolded?
he understand very well.silence ,kill cause of his views on nairaland.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
Alright then. Safe.
masseratti:
he understand very well.silence ,kill cause of his views on nairaland.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
We CAN do this! We are CAPABLE! We are LOVED! We are ENOUGH! Time to start a new week! #mondaymotivation
SnailCare...We Care!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
To Register:
Date: Saturday Sept.,2016
Time: 10 AM
To Register, SMS 'SCF' to +2347056666810
For Enquiries:
Email: snailcarefarm@gmail.com
NO SPOT REGISTRATIONS!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2016
leunamme93:
To Register:
For Enquiries:
NO SPOT REGISTRATIONS!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2016
leunamme93:
To Register:
For Enquiries:
NO SPOT REGISTRATIONS!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
To Register:
For Enquiries:
NO SPOT REGISTRATIONS!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
leunamme93:
To Register:
For Enquiries:
NO SPOT REGISTRATIONS!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
HELLO FOLKS,
TGIF! JOIN US TOMORROW!
THE SNAIL MASTERS' SEMINAR
@ 8 OMOTOSHO CLOSE OFF AKOBERU ROAD, OKOKOMAIKO, LAGOS
TIME: 10AM
TO REGISTER SEND YOUR NAME, EMAIL, PHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS, GENDER AND OCCUPATION TO snailcarefarm@gmail.com
You will be getting the following :
Nitty-gritty about snail farming, BSMPs, a customized training brochure, a handbook on commercial snail farming and export, a certificate of participation, lifetime mentorship service and a chance to be a member of our large and growing network of snail farmers and lots more!
SnailCare...We Care!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Independence!
Happy New Month.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 7:36am On Oct 01, 2016
leunamme93:
HELLO FOLKS,
JOIN US TODAY!
THE SNAIL MASTERS' SEMINAR
@ 8 OMOTOSHO CLOSE OFF AKOBERU ROAD, OKOKOMAIKO, LAGOS
TIME: 10AM
TO REGISTER SEND YOUR NAME, EMAIL, PHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS, GENDER AND OCCUPATION TO snailcarefarm@gmail.com
You will be getting the following :
Nitty-gritty about snail farming, BSMPs, a customized training brochure, a handbook on commercial snail farming and export, a certificate of participation, lifetime mentorship service and a chance to be a member of our large and growing network of snail farmers and lots more!
SnailCare...We Care!
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 7:40am On Oct 10, 2016
With a large network base of snail farmers; it's a win win for everyone.
Re: Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export by leunamme93(m): 7:48am On Oct 13, 2016
For booking, enquiries and clarification, please contact:
SnailCare Farm
8, Omotosho close off Akoberu road, Okokomaiko,
Lagos State
Call: 08066104430, 080110505865.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Maintaining A Clean Pig House In Modern Pig Farming (video/pictures) / Poultry Farming: A Money Spinner! / Differenece Between Battery Cage And Deep Liters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.