Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Ants Taste Quite Good- Man Who Survived Six Days Without Water In The Wilderness - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ants Taste Quite Good- Man Who Survived Six Days Without Water In The Wilderness (531 Views)

50-Year-Old Indian Man Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 (Photos) / Man Who Makes Love To His Wife 10Hours Everyday / Harry Kitilya Carrying Bucket Of Water In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ants Taste Quite Good- Man Who Survived Six Days Without Water In The Wilderness by duketunde: 10:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
A grandfather who ate ants to survive while lost for six days without water in the Australian outback says he thought he thought he was going to die out in the wilderness.

Reg Foggerdy, 62, was on a hunting trip with his brother last month in the Great Victoria Desert in Western Australia when he set off in pursuit of a camel he'd shot.

"I followed this camel into the bush. I'd gone at least 30k, I didn't know where I was," he told CNN affiliate Seven Network, recounting his errant 19-mile wander and the extraordinary tale of survival that followed.

Foggerdy found himself alone with only the shorts, T-shirt, flip-flops and hat he was wearing. He had a valuable source of food right in front of him -- the dead camel he'd chased down -- but no means with which to eat it.

"I didn't have a knife, and I didn't have matches for a fire," he said. "So I couldn't go and cut a steak off the animal because I had no way to cook it and had no way to cut it."
- See more at: http://www.duketundesblog.com/2015/11/ants-taste-quite-good-man-who-survived.html#sthash.J8rWYj9H.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Iran Impose Economic Sanctions Against The US / You're Badly Wrong On Call To Ball All Muslims - Piers Morgan To Donald Trump / Why Hasn't ICC Issued A Warrant Against ISIS? Syria..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.