Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS (17045 Views)

Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs / Bvn Registration Continues- Cbn, Nibss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by kelvyn7: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
grin grin grin
cosmic22:
went to first bank with my last card on Monday...before I reach gate my heart dey pound....c crowd....in ma mind I was like ..oh no!!!....... me DAT did bvn since may.... I almost cry.

2 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by DebbyChris(f): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nawa oo
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Mayfrank(m): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
#Reporting from Diamond Bank Orji road, Owerri
The crowd here worse o.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by IYANGBALI: 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
i hope this new bank called BVN go better pass CBN?

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by MadCow1: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
Trailblazer1:

You dont always disappoint,

with your shallow mindset, your always overate your opinion and thereby ignorantly advertising your ignorance undecided

6.6 million Nigerians can not be "money launderers"
thats so ridiculous

wait till you see the ripple effect of this

Shey your prick don stand again at the sight of my post?.

I did not say 6.6 million people were money Launderers. How you came to that conclusion, is between you and whatever God you worship.

I simply made an opinion on the BVN issue and how it would help check money launderers and your diick got hard at the sight of my User I.D as usual.

The ripple effect of properly identifying/verifying all Account holders in the country cant be negative no matter how you try to spin it.

Keep dickriding me if that's what gives you joy.

3 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by henryobinna(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
CBN didn't put things in place before intriducing this BVN stuff that's why there's still n would still be problems concerning it

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by emilyone(f): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
Singing

Nigeria jagajaga

Everybody suffer suffer grin

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by henryobinna(m): 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:
I love this BVN thing..

I expect the Government to lift the Dollar restrictions on the economy after settling this BVN issue..

Make all these Niggas wey dey open multiple accounts with different names dey use them dey launder money yansh open.

though the rate fraudster frauding with different bank accounts is still high but its not everyone who has multiple bank accounts with varying names is into fraud.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by MadCow1: 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
henryobinna:
though the rate fraudster frauding with different bank accounts is still high but its not everyone who has multiple bank accounts with varying names is into fraud.

Ofcourse not everyone can be fraudsters.. I didn't say they were.

But the idea of verifying account holders cant possibly be bad for us in the long run.

The suffering people are experiencing today is because of non compliance. This exercise has been on for over a year.

I suffered from the non compliance as well, though I was registered with my one account, I didn't know I had to link all my other accounts. I was thinking it would be automatic until I couldn't get money from the ATM on Monday in Lagos Airport. I didn't even know the reason was the BVN stuff until I landed in Port Harcourt.

As we speak chat now, I just got off the phone with First bank Customer care on this BVN issue and they just linked the last of my accounts. Problem solved.

All I said was that Fraudsters would be exposed. I didn't say we were all fraudsters. Hope that clears shiit up!

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by repogirl(f): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
Too bad... My own acct. Restriction was just lifted today, all I did was send an online complaint to GTBs customer care reps on Monday that I had linked my bank accounts online before the deadline.

They replied and asked me to log in and verify my BVN number and voilà, accounts restriction removed!

I didn't have to go and queue lol.

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by ManTiger(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
menix:
The thunder that will fire First Bank will be enormous that their elephant will run..

After registering for the BVN months back this old papa bank had to block my account that I have to link it(abeg nah another person account them use do the BVN wey go make mii still link am)

FBN should go nd learn frm GTB ooo..

With the vex I waka enta GTB (law school branch VI) to process My ATM after wasting my time they said the ATM will be ready in 5 working dayz, I shout "Blood of Joseph"..

GTB wey I dey use get hope they do Master card for 5 working dayz while FBN(Old papa bank) gives it instant.

Nah to dey save my money for peak milk kpangolo remain so, cous all of em bank get their own..

GTB engravers your name on the atm card with the aid of specially made machine while First Bank don't, First Bank uses Thermal Ink Printer, such that the name erases over time.

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by MadCow1: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
menix:
The thunder that will fire First Bank will be enormous that their elephant will run..

After registering for the BVN months back this old papa bank had to block my account that I have to link it(abeg nah another person account them use do the BVN wey go make mii still link am)

FBN should go nd learn frm GTB ooo..

With the vex I waka enta GTB (law school branch VI) to process My ATM after wasting my time they said the ATM will be ready in 5 working dayz, I shout "Blood of Joseph"..

GTB wey I dey use get hope they do Master card for 5 working dayz while FBN(Old papa bank) gives it instant.

Nah to dey save my money for peak milk kpangolo remain so, cous all of em bank get their own..

Go look am again..

FirstBank gave you a "VERVE" card instantly not MASTERCARD..

MasterCard takes time to process.. cool

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by menix(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:

Go look am again..

FirstBank gave you a "VERVE" card instantly..

But a MasterCard takes time to process.. cool

Don't say what u don't know dude, I have only used verve once in my life nd it's far back 2006...

Even while the lady was at it, a customer even said it openly go to FBN nd collect ur master card instantly..

So dude verve card can't serve me, I have an FBN mastercard..

2 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by MadCow1: 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
menix:

Don't say what u don't know dude, I have only used verve once in my life nd it's far back 2006...

Even while the lady was at it, a customer even said it openly go to FBN nd collect ur master card instantly..

So dude verve card can't serve me, I have an FBN mastercard..

Seriously!!!?

Just checked their website FAQ's.. You are correct!!

**Faints**
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by menix(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2015
ManTiger:

GTB engravers your name on the atm card with the aid of specially made machine while First Bank don't, First Bank uses Thermal Ink Printer, such that the name erases over time.

What u said is the fact but my last ATM was from their Festac Branch(204 RD) nd I got it same day.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by henryobinna(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:

Ofcourse not everyone can be fraudsters.. I didn't say they were.

But the idea of verifying account holders cant possibly be bad for us in the long run.

The suffering people are experiencing today is because of non compliance. This exercise has been on for over a year.

I suffered from the non compliance as well, though I was registered with my one account, I didn't know I had to link all my other accounts. I was thinking it would be automatic until I couldn't get money from the ATM on Monday in Lagos Airport. I didn't even know the reason was the BVN stuff until I landed in Port Harcourt.

As we speak chat now, I just got off the phone with First bank Customer care on this BVN issue and they just linked the last of my accounts. Problem solved.

All I said was that Fraudsters would be exposed. I didn't say we were all fraudsters. Hope that clears shiit up!
ok. I get

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Moahmed: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
ManTiger:

You must be a GTB staff kindly post pix of your GTB ATM card with your name engrave on it and i will post my gt card with no name engrave on it. When it comes to atm card GTB beat GTB hands down. GTB only know effigy.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Airell: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
Money was sent to my account but not reflecting, could it be this BVN linking stuff that caused it?

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Moahmed: 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:

Go look am again..

FirstBank gave you a "VERVE" card instantly not MASTERCARD..

MasterCard takes time to process.. cool

@FBN your verve and master card is issued instantly. Your token works instantly.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
boboLIL:
BVN for wetin? Why the stress? Wen I no get reach 3k for bank...na nxt year I go do my own....

Clap for yourself? . In regulators voice!

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by ManTiger(m): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
menix:

What u said is the fact but my last ATM was from their Festac Branch(204 RD) nd I got it same day.

Sir, not all branch has the facility but as i'm typing, there has been a punitive measures that will ensure all banks to issue an engraved name ATM cards within 24hrs of request. This will forestall atm card theft.

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by ManTiger(m): 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
Moahmed:

You must be a GTB staff kindly post pix of your GTB ATM card with your name engrave on it and i will post my gt card with no name engrave on it. When it comes to atm card GTB beat GTB hands down. GTB only know effigy.
Sir, i'm unable to comprehend the point here. Kindly expanciate abit.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
It is unfortunate that depositors are suffering because of this BVN issues. In my opinion;
- People did not take this BVN registration serious because they felt that CBN due to Nigerian factor will not be strict about it
- Some people have multiple accounts with different identities/names. For instance, I remember, when I wanted to open an account with a bank some years back, a bank asked me whether I will use another name to open it because of my reluctance then and I said no.
- A lot of people are operating a fraudulent account which they don't want their secret to be opened.
- Some are reluctant because of the amount in their accounts. I fall into this category to some extent, I have 2 dormant accounts that I didn't bother to link.
- Some depositors abroad complained of the distance of the BVN registration centres and 45 dollars payment. I just seen a post by a friend on facebook regarding this.
- And so on.

2 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by kossyablaze(m): 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
kennygee:
So many people who had done their BVN still got messages that their accounts had been frozen despite their compliance.
Seeing u much active here lately

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by EbiJUNIRO(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
Mine was linked 30hrs ago
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Chinom(m): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
My account with Diamond bank was linked but they could not automatically link my account with First bank. RIDICULOUS !. I have had to manually supply my BVN to First bank. Nigerian banks need to wake up.

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by linrose(f): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
pls I wanna ask a question... my bvn has not been linked to my new account ...is it still possible?

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by thetelz(m): 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
bvn wey dem make person do twice and still freeze account

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by thetelz(m): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
linrose:
pls I wanna ask a question... my bvn has not been linked to my new account ...is it still possible?

most definitely, a lot did today

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by angiography(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
chrisxxx:
This country is a bizarre land. I went to the bank the other day the crowd I saw made me to do a calculation of the feasible days it would take to register every account holder. In most banks there were over one thousand customers with only one BVN point.
Let us assume it takes 5 minutes to register a customer which is not the case, in one hour only 12 persons would be registered.
In 8 hours working day 96 persons would be registered
In a month 96x24=2304 customers will be registered.
In one year 2304x12=27648 customers will be registered.
How would a reasonable person give such an unrealistic time target to achieve the registration of all account as if we stay in the line to get paid?
We make money elsewhere and bring it to the bank for safe keeping.
27, 648 is reasonable for a branch. Multiply that with at least 360 branches(10 per state). That's a little more than 10 million per bank. Suffice to say this bvn thing has been on since Feb 2014...I will put the blame on the nonchalant attitude of Nigerians except of course those who's registered but having faults emanating from the banks

2 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by tartarus(m): 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
I did this bvn stuff last year and I wasn't even given the silly number! Went to the bank, did it again and it's the same thing. My account has been frozen. Diamond bank is daft! undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Telecom Companies To Lose Operating Licences In Feb’2017 – NCC / Fire Razes Otowodo Market In Ughelli, Delta State. / CBN Warns Nigerian Banks Concerning Transactions Regarding Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.