Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS (17043 Views)

Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs / Bvn Registration Continues- Cbn, Nibss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by thetelz(m): 8:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
tartarus:
I did this bvn stuff last year and I wasn't even given the silly number! Went to the bank, did it again and it's the same thing. My account has been frozen. Diamond bank is daft! undecided

same with first bank. foolish people just be suffering somebody

3 Likes

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by chrisxxx(m): 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
angiography:

27, 648 is reasonable for a branch. Multiply that with at least 360 branches(10 per state). That's a little more than 10 million per bank. Suffice to say this bvn thing has been on since Feb 2014...I will put the blame on the nonchalant attitude of Nigerians except of course those who's registered but having faults emanating from the banks
Bros this is unrealistic. Have u gone to the banks and see how serious they are with the registration?
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by angiography(m): 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
chrisxxx:

Bros this is unrealistic. Have u gone to the banks and see how serious they are with the registration?
Did u notice the relative 'calmness' during the periods of the deadlines and compare the situation with the few past months??

See...I frequent banks sooo much...and there are days in which banks had only 1, 2, 3 persons the whole day only for that number to soar to hundreds a day anytime CBN sets her deadline...

I wonder, why waiting till deadline b4 getting things done...I put it to our non chalant attitudes

Sure I agree the banks have to take some blames for this linking of a thing saga, but I would say the time given was more than enough.

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Observant: 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
The gross incompetence of these banks is alarming. All my accounts were deactivated including the ones I just opened last week with bvn I got since last yr.
Sometimes I wonder where black Africans emanated from.

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by sashaa(f): 10:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hmm
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
after reading all these, now i see why Eedris Abdulkareem said Nigeria jaga jaga... anytime i step into Nigeria and hit into the banking hall, there and then i will do my fucking BVN registration and my money must ball out else am ready to pull off my cloths in managers office. after all they are using my money to do business with little or no interest...

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by uridadole: 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
Trailblazer1:

You dont always disappoint,

with your shallow mindset, your always overate your opinion and thereby ignorantly advertising your ignorance undecided

6.6 million Nigerians can not be "money launderers"
thats so ridiculous

wait till you see the ripple effect of this
U don't make any sense here. Majority of the 6.6 m are the teething problem.
It will definitely expose launderers just as rightly mentioned. Don't panic if u are not a launderer. Go to ur bank and it wll be liked up for u; that is if urs has problem. There wnt be any ripple effect. Better still, it will be positive.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by ADEMOSU(m): 11:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
Though I have my skepticism about the BVN the process is fraught with lapses which may defeat the ,major aim of fraud prevention .
-
.... But mustt we Nigeriqns wait until we are held by the balls to do things ? Why waiting for last moment when d registeratiomn been on for a year .

Just passing shaaa

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by DrHighchief(m): 7:30am On Nov 05, 2015
Am getting pissed off with dis BVN though I supported d CBN for d BVN initiative but what dey r making d customers to pass through is not encouraging at all. Dey said we shud register for BVN which millions of Nigerians came out to do. It was surprising to c dat from Nov 1st most of d accounts have been blocked with d flimsy excuse from d banks that d accounts were not linked with d BVN. They said d customer is suppose to come to them with d BVN so that d accounts will be linked.
The question am asking is where dis accounts not supposed to be linked automatically with d BVN?
Why must dey make Nigerians pass through stress unnecessarily?
What is d relevance of modern technology in dis exercise?
God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 05, 2015
You know it serves Nigerians right.

Nobody can claim that he did not know this day was coming.

After several postponements Nigerians still have not done their BVN's. We always like to live things till the last hour and this is what it leads to. I saw people screaming out their heads at the Bank yesterday and I was wondering why the screams when he actually brought it on himself. If he had done what he ought to have done a long time ago he wouldn't be where hw was then.

I remember when I did mine, there was not a single soul in the room where I did all the data capture. I remember imagining how full the room would be when the deadline comes. An alas so it was.

I collected my BVN card yesterday and it was q good feeling knowing that all those angry eyes in the que where looking enviously at me cos I did what I should have done at the right time.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 05, 2015
DrHighchief:
Am getting pissed off with dis BVN though I supported d CBN for d BVN initiative but what dey r making d customers to pass through is not encouraging at all. Dey said we shud register for BVN which millions of Nigerians came out to do. It was surprising to c dat from Nov 1st most of d accounts have been blocked with d flimsy excuse from d banks that d accounts were not linked with d BVN. They said d customer is suppose to come to them with d BVN so that d accounts will be linked.
The question am asking is where dis accounts not supposed to be linked automatically with d BVN?
Why must dey make Nigerians pass through stress unnecessarily?
What is d relevance of modern technology in dis exercise?
God Bless Nigeria

But let me ask you, can you rightly say that customers did not know that this would happen if they did not link their BVN's. I mean you have to be living under a rock if you did not know.

Mine was automatically linked a long time ago. The only thing was that I had to go to other banks to link manually becaue I did my BVN in a different bank.

The customers brought it upon themselves. All this time and it is only now that they remember. This thing has been on for more than a year now and still people have not yet done theirs. Is that CBN's fault?
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Mayfrank(m): 9:29am On Nov 05, 2015
Ganoderma:

But let me ask you, can you rightly say that customers did not know that this would happen if they did not link their BVN's. I mean you have to be living under a rock if you did not know.

Mine was automatically linked a long time ago. The only thing was that I had to go to other banks to link manually becaue I did my BVN in a different bank.

The customers brought it upon themselves. All this time and it is only now that they remember. This thing has been on for more than a year now and still people have not yet done theirs. Is that CBN's fault?

Dude... CBN and d customers are innocent. The ones to be blamed are the banks. Here at orji, owerri, we have issues of unsuccessful bvn linking. Many of them have evidence that they submitted their bvn for linking months ago but due to one error or the other in their details, the bvn was not linked.

Without alerting the customers by sms alert, how are they to know that their bvn linking was not successful. Please how much does bulk SMS cost? The banks remain at fault foe this issue. while those who refused to even enroll for bvn don't have a say in this.

I blame the banks especially Diamond bank.

#Reporting from Diamond bank orji branch, owerri
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by flightz(f): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2015
angiography:

Did u notice the relative 'calmness' during the periods of the deadlines and compare the situation with the few past months??

See...I frequent banks sooo much...and there are days in which banks had only 1, 2, 3 persons the whole day only for that number to soar to hundreds a day anytime CBN sets her deadline...

I wonder, why waiting till deadline b4 getting things done...I put it to our non chalant attitudes

Sure I agree the banks have to take some blames for this linking of a thing saga, but I would say the time given was more than enough.
Hello. Do you mean after registering and getting the BVN, you will have to go back to the bank and link it? Why are these people like this? I asked the lady who attended to me during the biodata reg. emphatically if that was all I needed to do and she replied affirmatively.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by angiography(m): 11:16am On Nov 05, 2015
flightz:
Hello. Do you mean after registering and getting the BVN, you will have to go back to the bank and link it? Why are these people like this? I asked the lady who attended to me during the biodata reg. emphatically if that was all I needed to do and she replied affirmatively.
Hmm...yes/no. If you have an account in another bank other than where you did ur bvn, you will have to link it.

For instance, you did ur bvn in first bank and u have another account in uba, you MAY have to link the bvn you obtained from the former to ur acc in the latter

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Themandator: 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
angiography:

Hmm...yes/no. If you have an account in another bank other than where you did ur bvn, you will have to link it.

For instance, you did ur bvn in first bank and u have another account in uba, you MAY have to link the bvn you obtained from the former to ur acc in the latter

I did mine with first bank and got the plastic card early but even the account was frozen until iIcalled the customer care and she explained that the account has not been linked... Gave her some details and it was done
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Themandator: 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
flightz:

You can also call your bank customer care line it go online

1 Like

Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Themandator: 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
Ganoderma:

You are lucky, then.. I have the plastic card but mine was blocked until I called the customer service
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Themandator: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
MadCow1:

Go look am again..

FirstBank gave you a "VERVE" card instantly not MASTERCARD..

MasterCard takes time to process.. cool

Every thing in first bank is instant... Token, Mastercard and Verve
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Themandator: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
ManTiger:

GTB engravers your name on the atm card with the aid of specially made machine while First Bank don't, First Bank uses Thermal Ink Printer, such that the name erases over time.

But the important thing is 5hat you are saves the time and both do expire and work as well
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by Themandator: 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
rozayx5:
embarassed

the kind stress wey gtb cos me today because of bvn wey i do since last year dey pain me

after filling the form to link it . i have to wait another 48 hours angry angry

was wndering why i cud not receive funds . after doing my bvn since

Just call your customer service
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by ManTiger(m): 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
Moahmed:

You must be a GTB staff kindly post pix of your GTB ATM card with your name engrave on it and i will post my gt card with no name engrave on it. When it comes to atm card GTB beat GTB hands down. GTB only know effigy.
wink I also have first bank with no name on it. Tell you what sir, you may choose to request a card with no name on it and with the current update, atm will soon be dispensing cash cardless, some atm/service has been updated but not yet on a complete cross platform.
Re: 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS by DrHighchief(m): 2:29am On Nov 06, 2015
Ganoderma:

I disagree with u completely. I have a friend whose BVN was not linked to his account. He did his BVN in his parent bank but his account was not linked to d BVN. When he asked d bank officials, dey cud not give him concrete reason. Dey asked him to fill form again.
D question is y must I fill form to link my BVN with my account with d bank I did my BVN registration with?
God Bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Telecom Companies To Lose Operating Licences In Feb’2017 – NCC / Fire Razes Otowodo Market In Ughelli, Delta State. / CBN Warns Nigerian Banks Concerning Transactions Regarding Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.