Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures (43468 Views)

Osinbajo Meets All State Governors (Photos) / Outstanding Salaries Owed By All State Government / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by NOBODYY: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^But Enugu was built by just Igbos while Lagos was and continues to be built by ALL Nigerians so what's your point? undecided
I don't know why i find ur point lame..
Built by all nigerians?? How?? Did all nigerians drop thier personal cash to build the state or what??
The state was built with Federal allocation & the normal states revenue..
Even seff...na person say make all nigerians no build enugu ni??
Or is dere a written law that says "All nigerians, build Only Lagos & don't build Enugu"
Swerve abeg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Adex097: 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
menabadoo:
the same lag that we saw ebute meta slum burning here?
Wow.. I never knew the capital of Lagos is now ebute meta. Thanks for educating us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by IGBOSON1: 12:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOBODYY:

Built by all nigerians?? How?? Did all nigerians drop thier personal cash to build the state or what??
Or is dere a written law that says "All nigerians, build Only Lagos & don't build Enugu"
Swerve abeg

^^^That 'lame' tag suits your own post much better!

Isn't Lagos the countrys' commercial/industrial capital....enabled and given an unfair advantage over other cities/regions with the federal gov't siting seaports and a international airport which acted as a catalyst to spur economic activity/growth, and which over time has led to the attraction of even more investments and population for the city to thrive? This initial 'shot-in-the-arm' was done not by the Yoruba but by the federal gov't!

Now Lagos has got that economic and industrial traction (with the aid of the enablers i earlier mentioned) it has left other cities at a distinct disadvantage! Give cities in other regions the billions invested in Lagos and we'll begin to see something resembling an equal playing field!

In a manner of speaking, ALL Nigeria (not just the Yoruba) are dropping cash to build the state, and you not acknowledging this fact smacks of the highest level of arrogance and deceit!

If Enugu was given a functional international airport right from the end of the uncivil war, and linked by rail directly to a functional river port in Onitsha and a functional deep seaport in Ibaka, Obuaku, Onne or Port Harcourt, then we could be talking of a level playing field!

So in summary, if you want to brag....brag with Ibadan and not lagos!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by wisdomguy4u(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ioannes:
lol so why are people leaving Enugu to come to the southwest or am I missing something?

Yeah, business in Igboland is highly competitive.. Everyone has the business brain and energy. It's Igbos who are looking for less competitive ground who go the yorubaland to outsmart the less competitive yoruba business men. We all know Igbos are lord in small scale business in Nigeria, that's why they can survive in any place they find themselves. Yorubas are more for white collar salary jobs and Government appointments. So, you will be deceiving yourself if you think Igbo go to yorubaland bcus it's more develop than Igboland.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
stexsy:
Come to Akwa Ibom

I served in AKS 2014/2015 precisely UYO, Akpabio my man tried for AKS but please don't compare Enugu as a capital to any capital city in Nigeria except FCT.

The serenity, oderliness and calmness in Enugu-city are much.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
veraponpo:

Each time you people send a picture of a street and conclude on a city, it is called fallacy in philosophy (hasty generalization).

There are some places you will get to in some cities like Ibadan eg Iyaganku GRA, Agodi GRA, Jericho, Onireke, Bodija, etc that you will think you are in Lekki Lagos.

Saying Enugu is the Eldorado is a fallacy.

Lekki ni abi Lekki ko, travel and see.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOBODYY:
Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be
Like Enugu-pictures cool
YeYe dey worry una!
Holy ghost roads have been fixed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by nigerianvenom(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
veraponpo:

If he Akpabio had been excellent as you want us to believe, he would have had same international recognition like Fashola but alas, he only built Uyo and Ekket. Fashola built a mega city. Fashola is miles ahead of Akpabio.

Miles ahead interms of debt incurred, white elephant project and the likes abi? U know nothing about akpabio so just keep silent.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
speedyGonzales:

really? uyo... well, the corrupt Akpabio steals all Akwa Ibom money and build roads in uyo!

Let me educate you,Akpabio is not a saint yet,he's not a devil.
Have you seen the quality of roads he built?
I enjoyed water flowing in my yard during my days in Aks courtsy of Water board..
Free Education, Free Entrance Examinations, Free waec and neco for all students whether indigene or not.
Civil servants in AKS are well paid.
Average teacher in AKS lives comfortable.
One of the best Common wealth stadium in Africa was built in Uyo,
One of the best international airport in Africa was built in Uyo too.
Monthly free medicals to Old ones.
Haven't heard of any strike action till I left.

Akpabio is people's governor not elites governor as Fashola..

Have you taken a trip to Gbagada? Or have you visited from after trade fair complex after Festac to Badagary? Those places are eye-sore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by speedyGonzales: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
alfred5:

Let me educate you,Akpabio is not a saint yet,he's not a devil.
Have you seen the quality of roads he built?
I enjoyed water flowing in my yard during my days in Aks courtsy of Water board..
Free Education, Free Entrance Examinations, Free waec and neco for all students whether indigene or not.
Civil servants in AKS are well paid.
Average teacher in AKS lives comfortable.
One of the best Common wealth stadium in Africa was built in Uyo,
One of the best international airport in Africa was built in Uyo too.
Monthly free medicals to Old ones.
Haven't heard of any strike action till I left.

Akpabio is people's governor not elites governor as Fashola..

Have you taken a trip to Gbagada? Or have you visited from after trade fair complex after Festac to Badagary? Those places are eye-sore.

I don't need education from you! I am from Akwa Ibom and have travelled the state and see with my eyes. I know that every thing you said is true! and my statements were obviously sarcastic...
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
veraponpo:

If he Akpabio had been excellent as you want us to believe, he would have had same international recognition like Fashola but alas, he only built Uyo and Ekket. Fashola built a mega city. Fashola is miles ahead of Akpabio.

Fashola never touched life, he only serviced the elites. Common man wasn't cared for.

Ambode inherited huge debts...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
speedyGonzales:

I don't need education from you! I am from Akwa Ibom and have travelled the state and see with my eyes. I know that every thing you said is true! and my statements were obviously sarcastic...

Abadie?

I like chilling at plaza or at four lane...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Yeah, business in Igboland is highly competitive.. Everyone has the business brain and energy. It's Igbos who are looking for less competitive ground who go the yorubaland to outsmart the less competitive yoruba business men. We all know Igbos are lord in small scale business in Nigeria, that's why they can survive in any place they find themselves. Yorubas are more for white collar salary jobs and Government appointments. So, you will be deceiving yourself if you think Igbo go to yorubaland bcus it's more develop than Igboland.

lol. who is deceiving themselves now. they can survive in any place except their homeland
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by speedyGonzales: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
alfred5:

Abadie?

hahaha, idioko! my brother!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
alfred5:

Abadie?

I like chilling at plaza or at four lane...
I usually connect plaza from abak road then move towards ikotepene road......I have been to uyo, its sure a cool place.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
koladebrainiac:
shoroniyen? ever bin to lag??

Abeg carry that dirty lag go one side.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by gebest: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
menabadoo:
you should be stoned to death for this statement
just 20 minuits, here in akure city i drive for 30 minuits on a tarred road.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOBODYY:
Just when you think biafrans have reached the highest level of stupidity...They push it even further

More pictures of Lagos Loading. . .

And after d island...LAGOS DON FINISH.

Wetin remain na ghetto n very dirty places where even human beings get trapped in traffic jam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
speedyGonzales:

hahaha, idioko! my brother!

Stays at IBB way around e-library.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by speedyGonzales: 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
alfred5:

Stays at IBB way around e-library.

cool, My place is at Abak LGA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by tdayof(m): 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOBODYY:
The whole of Enugu is not even as beautiful as banana island

YeYe dey worry una
More pictures of my darling Lagos
enugu should be compare with ib city... even with the brown roofs ib city still match enugu...
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by kelvinsaints(m): 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
have you ever wondered that the world is unfolding.A woman in my area was frustrated up to point that she went to buy hundred naira otapiapia which she drank to commit sucide all because she collected money from the micro finance bank and was unable to pay.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by estyvino(m): 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ioannes:
lol so why are people leaving Enugu to come to the southwest or am I missing something?

You miss nothing! come to Enugu; it's as packed full as none left the town

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by estyvino(m): 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ioannes:

You miss nothing! come to Enugu; it's as packed full as none left the town

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
veraponpo:

Each time you people send a picture of a street and conclude on a city, it is called fallacy in philosophy (hasty generalization).

There are some places you will get to in some cities like Ibadan eg Iyaganku GRA, Agodi GRA, Jericho, Onireke, Bodija, etc that you will think you are in Lekki Lagos.

Saying Enugu is the Eldorado is a fallacy.

The only problem that I have with Yoruba people is that they NEVER travel outside s west.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

am not tribalistic to the point of not seeing good. I have been to about 18states, that's not close to the best if you are talking about state capitals.

A Yoruba man cannot travel to 18 states in nigeria, except he was kidnapped n taken to those states grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOBODYY:

Swerve abeg

All Nigerians contributed to build n develop Lagos into what it is today. Al Nigerians are presently doing same as we speak.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2015
veraponpo:

FASHOLA n international recognition Who dash monkey banana.

FASHOLA is known as the governor that used 70 million Naira to build 1 borehole.....He also used 78 million Naira of state funds to build his personal website.

FASHOLA also inherited a debt free Lagos n in 8 years, threw Lagos into a debt of 500 billion Naira with nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOBODYY:
Showing us only one road claiming fine city
Have you ever been to Lagos or kano??

Take a look at some places in lagos & mastĪ…rbate over it
More Loading..
Stop showing your illiteracy here, you are posting pictures of Lagos the former capital of Nigeria which was developed by Nigeria oil and non oil wealth just like Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOBODYY:
The whole of Enugu is not even as beautiful as banana island

YeYe dey worry una
More pictures of my darling Lagos
Your Darling lagos,where you don't even have a business in Lagos, show us the picture of your state capital, stop posting pictures of Lagos and Abuja that was developed by Nigeria collective oil and non oil wealth for decades

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ioannes:

lol. who is deceiving themselves now. they can survive in any place except their homeland

Point is, igbos are in s west in millions, buying land, developing it, shaming d owners of the land. Deal with it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

President Buhari And Senate President Saraki Strike A Pose (photo) / Patience Jonathan Lands In Nigeria From Vacation Abroad (Photos) / My Father's Experience Working With Peter Obi - Kyrian Chiemelie Offor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.