Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (173343 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
slimtik:
Prof. Spyder u have done marvellously well and your insightful updates and posts have given us hope as regards building cost estimates and implementation. Now that you are a out taking a break, can u give the forum a final breakdown of expenditure so far spent on this splendid edifice.

The final breakdown as at today is;

Last total as at last week N5,477,991.00
Cost of New Zealand (Tilcor) roofing tiles N1,778,000.00

The new total amount for building this house till the roofing is completed is N7,255,991.00

Please note that I have not yet added the cost of the plastering of the walls.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 4nobody4every1: 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
spyder880:

The final breakdown as at today is;

Last total as at last week N5,477,991.00
Cost of New Zealand (Tilcor) roofing tiles N1,778,000.00

The new total amount for building this house till the roofing is completed is N7,255,991.00

Please note that I have not yet added the cost of the plastering of the walls.
.......Reasonable enough..but l think with topnotch finishing this house might likely rise to between 11 to 12.5Million Naira, or what do you say @ Op.. cool

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
4nobody4every1:
.......Reasonable enough..but l think with topnotch finishing this house might likely rise to between 11 to 12.5Million Naira, or what do you say @ Op.. cool

My brother, we need to define the to notch you mean o, there is the type of top notch that will catapult the whole thing to N35m, I don't have the connection to borrow from IMF yet cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 4nobody4every1: 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
spyder880:

My brother, we need to define the to notch you mean o, there is the type of top notch that will catapult the whole thing to N35m, I don't have the connection to borrow from IMF yet cheesy grin
.......Maybe l will tell EFCC to tell Dasuki to vomit some dollars for you to complete the project, no need to borrow from IMF, Dasuki's stomach is full of dollars, on a serious note, l do agree with you, it will boil down to individual taste & the kind of finsihing they want, finishing sometimes can even cost more than the construction process grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
spyder880:

My choice was to use Korean roofing tiles at around N1.4m but they have no black colour. So I paid for Tilcor (New Zealand) at N1.77m

Project will be halted after the roofing for me to take another rest.

Don't worry Spyder, God will surely provide.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by NL1960: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
spyder880:

My choice was to use Korean roofing tiles at around N1.4m but they have no black colour. So I paid for Tilcor (New Zealand) at N1.77m

Project will be halted after the roofing for me to take another rest.

Chai, and you dey call this house 'low budget project'. If you call this low cost, wetin you wan make 'poor' people like me and Hajji talk?.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
NL1960:

Chai, and you dey call this house 'low budget project'. If you call this low cost, wetin you wan make 'poor' people like me and Hajji talk?.

True true o, my brother. But we all know say Spyder nah very humble man. So we understand o.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
They just called me now to confirm that the roofing materials has landed in the site. Pictures later in the week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by reflx(m): 1:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hove:
We Design, Estimate & Build; Everything
construction. Visit us www.maelveuq.com

your website is not live yet and you advertise it haba!!!
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by OjaP: 10:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
Oga Spyder,

You are doing a great job here.

How much did you get a piece of Tilcor tile?

How much is a piece of Korea that you were suppose to get?

How many pieces of these tiles make a sqm?

Does the Tilcor price of 1.7m+ include accessories and workmanship.

Thanks.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 9jaland: 10:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Also Oga Spyder,
Pls throw more light on the gerard metal roofing system/sheets.
Whats the difference
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by bravozulu: 7:45am On Mar 01, 2016
Good Job so far! Your work is inspirational. Will borrow a leaf and work on a project, though not as big as this. Congrats so far. Wish you all the best.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2016
OjaP:
Oga Spyder,

You are doing a great job here.

How much did you get a piece of Tilcor tile?

How much is a piece of Korea that you were suppose to get?

How many pieces of these tiles make a sqm?

Does the Tilcor price of 1.7m+ include accessories and workmanship.

Thanks.

They gave me N3450 official price and N3550 supplier price, but since I am not on ground to chase them around and ensure safety and quality, I bought from suppliers at N3550. (No need for stories that touch the heart) cheesy

The Korean was N2700, but black no dey

A sqm? About 3 pics or so.

The 1.7m is for everything, even the pammy and bushmeat allowance follow inside cheesy
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 8:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
9jaland:
Also Oga Spyder,
Pls throw more light on the gerard metal roofing system/sheets.
Whats the difference

Can we do this later in the weekend, pictures might explain better. Thanks all.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by whyteboyz03(m): 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
Oga Spyder , abeg how much do u pay the brick layers per day ? Or is it per blocks laid ?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ifekans: 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hello Spyder880! Great job you are doing helping to teach us basics of building. its quite encouraging. Kindly give me a guild on how to price men on my project e.g Masons and carpenters. Say, how much should be paid to Mason per 1000 blocks laid and possible rates to offer during foundation and others. Much thanks in advance.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Mayor78: 12:38am On Mar 02, 2016
Prof. Thanks for the update on total cost of roofing. Encouraging. Was the price settled before the current exchange or did it affect the cost in any way.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by kuntash: 9:22am On Mar 03, 2016
Hi Spyder,

been a while , nice job.

well done
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:26am On Mar 03, 2016
kuntash:
Hi Spyder,

been a while , nice job.

well done

You always abandon us for long, how are you doing my friend?
Thanks for looking in.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2016
Some people made me laugh today, some of my relatives called from the village and they just loved this house . They told me the house has changed so much in the past 5 days, they said I will not recognise the house if I see it now grin grin
How person no go fit recognise his own house again? cheesy

10 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Chekitaut: 1:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
Check out this from a state that have all the materials use to build.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Fhemmmy: 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
Nice to see the figures

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by SwitchTel(m): 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by LeXiRossI: 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
Land for your projects. Good location close to lagos, great price. 08068004509

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
SwitchTel:
Hi good evening.

Please I'd need some answers.

How many plots would one need for these properties.

http://www.homeplans.com/house-plans/hp/HOMEPW75737.html

http://www.homeplans.com/house-plans/hp/styles/contemporary-modern-home-plans-modern-contemporary-homes-modern-floor-plans/homepw77016.html

Thanks for your replies

First of all, kudos to looking at plans outside of Nigeria. I like seeing other than the same old designs all over the place. It's time that we interject newer modern architecture into the landscape.

Second, the first plan is a big house, 66 X 120 feet average. So you'll need three unique plots of 50X100 each. Just my opinion but I'm no builder.

Third, the 2nd plan is even bigger but will sit on three plots also. 100X150

Take a look at this petite plan if you get a chance. http://www.deltechomes.com/renew-collection/highland/
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by dejavus: 12:28am On Mar 04, 2016
Architect here:

Hi As much as adopting modern design is good, ensuring the design is functional with respect to the location is very important. A good architect will be able to adopt your foreign design , in terms of form and functionality paying attention to natural lighting and circulation/ventilation. And when I say circulation, I am referring to how we move around the house from our African/Nigerian settings. How many people practically drive into their garages adjoining the kitchen/living room etc.

Just food for thought when adopting foreign designs.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 04, 2016
dejavus:
Architect here:

Hi As much as adopting modern design is good, ensuring the design is functional with respect to the location is very important. A good architect will be able to adopt your foreign design , in terms of form and functionality paying attention to natural lighting and circulation/ventilation. And when I say circulation, I am referring to how we move around the house from our African/Nigerian settings. How many people practically drive into their garages adjoining the kitchen/living room etc.

Just food for thought when adopting foreign designs.

I do drive practically into my garage that adjoins the kitchen/living room. And I'm currently constructing same in Ibadan right now, so what's your point?

Yours is the worst kind of an architect. You will emboss your own personal ideologies into the clients project and he will have to live with it long after you're long gone from the project.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by FastShipping: 1:32am On Mar 04, 2016
LeXiRossI:
Land for your projects. Good location close to lagos, great price. 08068004509

Goo location? Does that mean we have to look for the location by ourselves? I have never seen anyone advertised land for sale without telling us where the land is located.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by SwitchTel(m): 7:24am On Mar 04, 2016
Hi there Egun, glad we agree on looking outside. I plan on building my house soon and I honestly don't want to have the same or even similar design of any house around me. I want different. And outstanding.

Thanks for your reply. I'd look at it and Pm you. We'd talk better. When you say unique plots though. Please expantiate.

EgunMogaji:

First of all, kudos to looking at plans outside of Nigeria. I like seeing other than the same old designs all over the place. It's time that we interject newer modern architecture into the landscape.

Second, the first plan is a big house, 66 X 120 feet average. So you'll need three unique plots of 50X100 each. Just my opinion but I'm no builder.

Third, the 2nd plan is even bigger but will sit on three plots also. 100X150

Take a look at this petite plan if you get a chance. http://www.deltechomes.com/renew-collection/highland/

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by LeXiRossI: 8:43am On Mar 04, 2016
FastShipping:

Good location? Does that mean we have to look for the location by ourselves? I have never seen anyone advertised land for sale without telling us where the land is located.
Apologies! Its at owode egba, very close to Ofada, and about 10minutes drive from Mowe.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by joshua112: 7:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
SwitchTel:
Hi good evening.

Please I'd need some answers.

How many plots would one need for these properties.

http://www.homeplans.com/house-plans/hp/HOMEPW75737.html

http://www.homeplans.com/house-plans/hp/styles/contemporary-modern-home-plans-modern-contemporary-homes-modern-floor-plans/homepw77016.html

Thanks for your replies

FROM AN ARCHITECTS POINT OF VIEW I FEEL TWO PLOTS SHOULD BE OK TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION NECESSARY BUILDING SET BACKS FOR BUILDING APPROVAL UNLESS U NOW DECIDE TO HAVE A LOT OF LANSCAPE AND PARKING THEN U CAN GO ON TO 3 PLOTS.THANKS
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by dejavus: 12:38am On Mar 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I do drive practically into my garage that adjoins the kitchen/living room. And I'm currently constructing same in Ibadan right now, so what's your point?

Yours is the worst kind of an architect. You will emboss your own personal ideologies into the clients project and he will have to live with it long after you're long gone from the project.

Typical.

I have not said anything negative about adopting foreign designs neither have I suggested such, I was merely pointing out to easily gullible users ready to adopt a foreign design based on esthetics alone without considering functionality and I had a specific maybe not apparent example in mind when I made reference to the garage scenario but it obviously does not fit every case.

Constructive criticism has its merit rather than personal attacks.

And I practise in the UK by the way.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.