Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:49 AM

What Makes Your Marriage Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Makes Your Marriage Work? (446 Views)

My Divorce Story:i Gave Him Everything Just To Make Our Marriage Work! / What Makes A Man More Attractive To Women / Milk Makes Your Boobs Grow Bigger Naturally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Makes Your Marriage Work? by mindboggler: 11:16am On Nov 04, 2015
I've seen intending couples who are so in love with each other that they can't imagine life without the other. So in love that they are blind towards the other person's faults. So in love that
they don't care what people say and would literally fight anyone who tries to come between them including family members. So in love that they just can't wait to get married and spend the rest of their lives together. Yep, that is what most of them feel right till they get married. Soon after the marriage, it seems as if the scales have fallen out from their eyes and they begin to wonder what attracted them to their spouses in the first place. Suddenly, it's all too obvious that marriage is not the same thing as dating or courting. It is not a bed of roses at all. And then, some begin to wonder, how in heaven's name, they would wake up each blessed day seeing the same face for life, lol, quite funny.
The first few years of marriage are the crucial deciding factor of whether a couple can cope with life with each other or not. Be it in the long term or short.

Because most couples want to make their marriage work. 3 factors have to be put into consideration.
First, the two must individually and collectively make a conscious decision that their marriage MUST work. If it does not involve the 2 of them then, it simply wont work. One can't be trying to make the marriage work while the other is showing no interest and is busy pouring sand sand into the other's garri. Very soon, frustration and resentment will creep in.
One has to do what pleases the other, this may sometimes be uncomfortable but because of love, it has to be done. Neither of them will do what displeases the other simply because it will cause a misunderstanding. When they adopt this life pattern, they gradually start behaving alike and it becomes their lifestyle. Madam would do what Oga would do given the same situation and Oga would not do what Madam would not do given the same situation too.

Secondly, patience is key. Patience is a virtue and if a spouse is naturally not a patient person then he or she has to learn to be a patient person. If the 2 have decided on the above first factor then, they just have to be patient to see the fruits of their labour. For how long are they to wait? Hahaha, they have to wait for a life time....... A very long time, I must say.
I want to liken marriage to cooking food. After adding all the spices, you wait for it to get done and then eat. But in marriage, you keep adding the spices and the food never gets done. Once you give up on the cooking and waiting, that's when you give up on your marriage and the food automatically gets burnt.

Finally, take everything to God in prayer. We can never under estimate God's power in our lives. In relating to Him, you find that no matter what challenges a couple passes through, they always emerge winners. The summary of James 2: 14-26 is that faith and works go hand in hand. You can't pray about anything and not actually do anything to make it become reality, same way, you can't do anything and not ask God to show you His favour. Its alias is God bless my hustle.
A family that prays together stays together.

Visit my blog for my candid thoughts at www.amaxonowu..com
Follow me on twitter @amaxonowu

(1) (Reply)

4 / Guys , Beware / Come In Here All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.