Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,352 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Shell Nigeria Madness - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria Madness (28791 Views)

How To Apply For Shell Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2017 / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by freemanbubble: 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
wait
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Omoge5: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
pls can someone advice the link, really want it.
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
texazzpete:

Sorry, you failed to meet up. Stop blaming others for your own shortcomings. At the end of the day, Shell will still recruit and pick a substantial percentage from the South South as they've always done, so your community leaders will not be able to do anything for you.

Question for you: was there any feedback you were given to tell you that only 1st class graduates were chosen? Or are you just making this assumption to console yourself for your failure?
THE BOLDED IS WRONG...I HOPE YOU DO KNOW THE COMMUNITIES CAN MAKE SHELL RUN FOR THERE MONEY...I GUESS YOURE NOT A NIGER DELTAN TO MAKE SUCH BOLDED STATEMENT...

I GOT AN INFORMATION BRO...AND I AM NOT CONSOLING MYSELF...I ONLY CAN MAKE LIFE MISERABLE FOR SHELL IN BAYELSA FROM MY COMMUNITY THATS ALL..SO CAN YOU STOP BLABBING??... angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by MadCow1: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
It seems shell Nigeria needs to retract their recent recruitment requirement...I was informed by a friend to go apply for shell recruitment day 2015 and behold i couldn't make it through the application after indicating i had a second class upper in my 1st degree..

I hope this trend is not here to stay otherwise shell Nigeria would have to deal with the oil producing communities..I know of the shady recruitment carried out by this company via the HR(by facilitating recruitment process for freinds and relatives whilst leaving the process of many qualified persons in review for all eternity) and now they want to deal with first class students ONLY...

where is the NLC to curtail the excesses of shell nigeria...what rubbish...

The IYC president and community leaders of oil producing communities must hear this... angry angry angry angry....

First class only is rubbish..
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by ephi123(f): 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
HopeAtHand:

I know of some SWesterners that were employed by Shell last week.i agree we are all Nigerians but those of us from oil bearing communities feel the brunt whenever their is fault with their pipelines or instruments and should be duly employed. This biased recruitment trend doesnt seem like it will abate soon..

Very pathetic.

It doesn't work that way.
I believe a number of the IOCs have quotas for the South South region already, to call their recruitment biased simply because they employed "SWesterners" is wrong. At the end of the day, it is all about getting qualified hands who will deliver results and if the qualified hand happens to be a non-South South person then why not? Merit should trump tribalism. Plus as I mentioned already, there are quotas in place.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by texazzpete(m): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
THE BOLDED IS WRONG...I HOPE YOU DO KNOW THE COMMUNITIES CAN MAKE SHELL RUN FOR THERE MONEY...I GUESS YOURE NOT A NIGER DELTAN TO MAKE SUCH BOLDED STATEMENT...

I GOT AN INFORMATION BRO...AND I AM NOT CONSOLING MYSELF...I ONLY CAN MAKE LIFE MISERABLE FOR SHELL IN BAYELSA FROM MY COMMUNITY THATS ALL..SO CAN YOU STOP BLABBING??... angry angry

I'm from the Niger Delta. And they'll employ people from your community, enough to make you look like a lone voice crying in the wilderness.
You can't do anything, to be honest.

Just keep your fingers crossed that you make it through, since employment no be by force cheesy

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
HopeAtHand:

[b]I know of some SWesterners [/b]that were employed by Shell last week.i agree we are all Nigerians but those of us from oil bearing communities feel the brunt whenever their is fault with their pipelines or instruments and should be duly employed. This biased recruitment trend doesnt seem like it will abate soon..

Very pathetic.
THIS IS MY POSITION BRO...I KNOW ABOUT SUCH RECRUITMENTS AND THEY JUST HAPPEN FAST RIGHT UNDER THE EYES OF NIGER DELTANS...ITS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH...I INTEND TO FIGHT BACK FROM MY COMMUNITY...ITS HIGH TIME THIS NONSENSE STOPPED.. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by ephi123(f): 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
IzonOwei:

If you make life miserable for Shell and they pack up and leave, who loses at the end of the day? Both the company and the community will lose, so don't make it seem like it is just the company that will lose.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
texazzpete:

I'm from the Niger Delta. And they'll employ people from your community, enough to make you look like a lone voice crying in the wilderness.
You can't do anything, to be honest.

Just keep your fingers crossed that you make it through, since employment no be by force cheesy

Cheers
MY BROTHER NA THIS WE CANT DO ANYTHING THEY MAKE US END UP MARGINALIZED...WE MUST AND CAN DO SOMETHING...I AM ALREADY CONTACTING STRONG HANDS IN BAYELSA AS REGARDS THIS ISSUE WITH SHELL...ITS ANNOYING.. angry

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by j4sure(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
Caused by the Govt Officials
IzonOwei:
It seems shell Nigeria needs to retract their recent recruitment requirement...I was informed by a friend to go apply for shell recruitment day 2015 and behold i couldn't make it through the application after indicating i had a second class upper in my 1st degree..

I hope this trend is not here to stay otherwise shell Nigeria would have to deal with the oil producing communities..I know of the shady recruitment carried out by this company via the HR(by facilitating recruitment process for freinds and relatives whilst leaving the process of many qualified persons in review for all eternity) and now they want to deal with first class students ONLY...

where is the NLC to curtail the excesses of shell nigeria...what rubbish...

The IYC president and community leaders of oil producing communities must hear this... angry angry angry angry....
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
ephi123:

If you make life miserable for Shell and they pack up and leave, who loses at the end of the day? Both the company and the community will lose, so don't make it seem like it is just the company that will lose.
OTHER COMPANIES WOULD COME THAT CAN WORK WITH THE COMMUNITY...I HOPE YOU KNOW SHELL IS NOT THE ONLY OIL PRODUCING COMPANY IN THE WORLD... undecided undecided....SHELL HAS ACTUALLY CAUSED SO MUCH PROBLEMS FOR OIL PRODUCING COMMUNITIES..JUST THAT OUR GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN SO FOOLISH SO AS NOT TO DEAL WITH THEM.... angry angry....

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Ademat7(m): 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
HopeAtHand:

I know of some SWesterners that were employed by Shell last week.i agree we are all Nigerians but those of us from oil bearing communities feel the brunt whenever their is fault with their pipelines or instruments and should be duly employed. This biased recruitment trend doesnt seem like it will abate soon..

Very pathetic.
so if u as an indigene of oil producing region get a job u don't care what happen to your people(resident of the oil coy area) even if their water and source of livelihood(agriculture n fishery) is taken away from them?
read these books
1. how Europe underdevelop Africa by Walter Rodney
2.confession of an economic hitman by john perkins
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Ukeachu1(m): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
after all this INA nonsense talk . none of INA grew post d link o. good luck to INA o
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by peterbello(m): 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Very pathetic.

The way this guy comments, you would think the pipelines pass just beneath his bed. Whereas, he might be living far away in Abuja or the southwest he's talking against.

6 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
Even coca cola
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by jazinogold(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
hmmm

after putting second class lower went, but na 2.1 i get o...hope he no go affect me sha? sad undecided

i noticed they put 2.2 before 2.1 were as the system was programmed to read the 2nd grade after 1st class as 2.1, so if you selected 2.1 the system will see it as 2.2 hence your application will not be processed. angry angry shocked shocked cry

abeg who get idea of questions to expect...at all make i go dust my Gmat and use my CV to solve questions grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by dannywest: 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
You can't blame a business for wanting the "best" grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by fastestfinger: 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Very pathetic.
so, in your sanctimonious mind, those individuals from the southwest were not qualified abi...?
Oga, unfortunately, no be your papa get the company; or better still, start your own coy and employ all your village people,their qualifications notwithstanding.
Nonsense!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Harmvirus(f): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
Op a beg post the link lemme try and apply too
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by HopeAtHand: 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2015
fastestfinger:
so, in your sanctimonious mind, those individuals from the southwest were not qualified abi...?
Oga, unfortunately, no be your papa get the company; or better still, start your own coy and employ all your village people,their qualifications notwithstanding.
Nonsense!

You dont know the degradation and the risks we bear in our communities.

Look at Ogoni for instance, to clean up the mess by Shell requires billions if dollars..google Ogoni UNEP report.

You really dnt know the sufferings we go through.

And sincerely, some of us are super qualified.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by kaboninc(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
The link is back online!!!

And the removal date has been extended to 13 - November.

So everyone, hit the apply button!

Link: https://krb-xjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=30030&siteid=5564&jobid=766640

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by fastestfinger: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
HopeAtHand:

You dont know the degradation and the risks we bear in our communities.

Look at Ogoni for instance, to clean up the mess by Shell requires billions if dollars..google Ogoni UNEP report.

You really dnt know the sufferings we go through.

And sincerely, some of us are super qualified.
i completely understand! But, you need to understand that the recruitment process would not be waived for every individual from these areas who wish to join Shell. These companies are not charity organisations; they're there to maximize profits. Besides, a portion of their profits also go to CSR...
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by HopeAtHand: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ademat7:
so if u as an indigene of oil producing region get a job u don't care what happen to your people(resident of the oil coy area) even if their water and source of livelihood(agriculture n fishery) is taken away from them?
read these books
1. how Europe underdevelop Africa by Walter Rodney
2.confession of an economic hitman by john perkins

With the indigenes employed they will ensure that policies of the IOCs do not endanger the environment and the livelihood of the host communities...and will also ensure smooth community/company relationship.

I take it as an insult for host communities for their indigenes not to be emoloyed or schemed out from working in a company that gets its oil from their territory.
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Jagabanthelion: 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
Shell is the most transparent IOC in their recruitment process,compared to Mobil,Chevron n co. I know of 4 people who knew nobody working there today,just through the online recruitment process. The last just resumed last month. Dnt speak ill of Shell,if u haven't spoken ill of others I mentioned. I dnt work there but hope to someday.

4 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Dentale(m): 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
OTHER COMPANIES WOULD COME THAT CAN WORK WITH THE COMMUNITY...I HOPE YOU KNOW SHELL IS NOT THE ONLY OIL PRODUCING COMPANY IN THE WORLD... undecided undecided....SHELL HAS ACTUALLY CAUSED SO MUCH PROBLEMS FOR OIL PRODUCING COMMUNITIES..JUST THAT OUR GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN SO FOOLISH SO AS NOT TO DEAL WITH THEM.... angry angry....

Bros please tell this tale to Warri people and let's hear their feedback. Since Shell left, that place has become a wilderness for business. Even the "oil servicing" companies that were surviving on Shell contracts are complaining. Which IOC will come to Bayelsa when your people have frustrated another one out for no valid reason? D same cane wey dem take beat 1st wife still dey under bed o. Shell cannot employ ALL graduates of producing communities. Make una dey make noise for NNPC, Agip, Total, Mobil, Chevron and d likes.

7 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Laid2001: 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
Shell is an equal opportunity company.
I am not searching for job. But if anyone searching for job encounters any problem and run to Nairaland instead of sending a mail to Shell then he probably is not worthy of Shell job.

Between 2012 and 2014, Mutiu Sunmonu arranged special Shell Recruitment day for Rivers and Bayelsa indegenes. But they still have to be qualified and scale through the process. Some were lucky to get into Shell then.

But generally Shell is open to Graduates from all regions of the federation and the recruitment test/interviews are as objective as it could get in Nigeria. The best for the jobs always get it in most cases.

Now, to those shouting communities within the area of operations will make life difficult for Shell, i believe it can really not get worse than what the industry is getting now. Shell has been forced to divest around 50% of its assets onshore and more will likely follow next year partly due to hostile operating environment. The company is shrinking in Nigeria and moving its money to invest in other friendly climes!

We all are the worse for it as a country and as communities.

8 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by rhemahil(m): 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by macaranta(m): 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ukeachu1:
after all this INA nonsense talk . none of INA grew post d link o. good luck to INA o

No link man,just Google shell recruitment day,on the website search for Nigeria 2015 opportunities and apply.
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
U dy vex for shell....
Am nt bad-mouthing any of them jes saying shell is relatively better atleast dy recruit steady and dy are the only one that I think give BSc opportunity to compete even dis one open to Corp members...
To a degree transparent...dont be shocked if the interview is conducted outside via Skype .. I know dy do dat in their post graduate scholarships.

Best of luck to applicants. Wia ris MacMaster01....

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by dollyptosh(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
macaranta:
OP don't blow things out of proportion,shell holds one of the most transparent recruitment processes ever and I am speaking from experience.If you pass their assessments at all stages no one,I repeat no one tampers with your slot .
The issue with the 2-1 stuff is an algorithm/logic error on the website,the logic is for 2-1 accept application,but the 2-1 placeholder was mixed up with the 2-2,if you apply and select 2-2 it goes through,but shell only works with 2-1s I guess(so if you actually have a 2-2 you might be screened out later)

Direct your anger at Agip ,Total ,Mobil and Chevron that is majorly in house and on a man know man basis.Worst is Chevron that will set exam with their partner in crime dragnet and no single person will pass ,na so we don dull reach ? grin
This got lol

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by dollyptosh(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
macaranta:
OP don't blow things out of proportion,shell holds one of the most transparent recruitment processes ever and I am speaking from experience.If you pass their assessments at all stages no one,I repeat no one tampers with your slot .
The issue with the 2-1 stuff is an algorithm/logic error on the website,the logic is for 2-1 accept application,but the 2-1 placeholder was mixed up with the 2-2,if you apply and select 2-2 it goes through,but shell only works with 2-1s I guess(so if you actually have a 2-2 you might be screened out later)

Direct your anger at Agip ,Total ,Mobil and Chevron that is majorly in house and on a man know man basis.Worst is Chevron that will set exam with their partner in crime dragnet and no single person will pass ,na so we don dull reach ? grin
This got me lol.
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Certifiedboss: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
Seunaj05:
Paper qualification freaking Shell. Make I hear say some 3rd class graduates no go land that job, all na formalities

Multinationals appreciate international certifications more . That's where you work in to shell or chevron andnyou see a third class working there . He must have acquired a very sophisticated international certification

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recruitment At U- Connect Ng / Distribution Of The 2nd Batch Of N-power Devices Has Commenced / 2021 Recruitment Into The Nigerian Army For 81 Regular Recruit Intake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.