Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents (12907 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Jiddari Polo In Borno, Residents Flee. Photos / Military Not Sincere On Casualty Figure Of Sunday’s Attack – Borno Residents / Borno Residents Reaction Against Fg’s Plan To Negotiate With Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by zik4ever: 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
Meanwhile, residents of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, have described the December deadline given by President Muhammadu Buhari to end the Boko Haram insurgency as not realisable, saying there seems to be no end in sight.

This they said, given the fact that only aerial bombardment was being carried out by the Nigerian Air Force, while ground forces were yet to engage the insurgents concentrated in Mobbar and Abadam local governments areas of the state.

Ma’aji Kolo, a resident of Mobbar Local Government Area, who is taking refuge in Maiduguri, a safe haven for all internally displaced persons from across the 27 local government areas of the state, said recent surge of suicide bombings and hit-and-run attacks made residents doubt there was any end in sight to the insurgency.

Ma’aji told Nigerian Tribune in Maiduguri that “we love and supported Buhari, but we are getting confused because we hope and believe he has all it takes to end the Boko Haram madness, but today, we are more afraid that they might come back in full force to take over more towns and villages.

“A lot of them have come into town, they are occupying Mobbar and Abadam local government areas. They are in Marte and Baga, soldiers are yet to engage them and are regrouping. We have complained through our leaders and nothing seems to be happening as to engaging them. We are afraid. For me personally, I don’t think end is in sight looking at the December deadline.

“The last time the military told us to go back that they have liberated the local government, we went back and that was when I lost two of my brothers, when the Boko Haram attacked Munguno. I still feel bad for believing in the military and taking that decision. Now, they are urging people to go back again, but our people who are trapped in the local governments are telling us that all is not well,” he said.

According to him, anybody who had seen such a terrible thing must be afraid, adding that the insurgency was the biggest security challenge facing Nigeria.

He added that this was even as the country was already grappling with a severe economic crisis as a result of the fight of six-year insurgency and lack of focus among political leaders, who were busy fighting themselves, giving opportunity to the insurgents to regroup.
http://tribuneonlineng.com/node/21389
Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by INTROVERT(f): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
seen
Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Ibelong2God: 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
I hate lies especially when it's coming from someone to whom something is entrusted.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by temitemi1(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
Buratai, I'm waiting for u to come n counter this grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by ajepako(f): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
Bornu, Adamawa and Yobe people , I sympathize with you oh

But next time, don't put your hopes in sweet words and fake promises of desperate politicians

And please,prevail on your northern oligarchs to come clean about boko haram

Your leaders, present or past are the architects of your problems

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by PRYCE(m): 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
Well Buhari said he's won the war already... So hush now, Lest you contradict your President further!

20 Likes

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by mysteriousman(m): 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
But someone in an IDC cannot be more informed than someone out there in the field, he can't possible say the end is not in sight considering the fact he has been in that camp for sometime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by malton: 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
Liars in power! That's double wahala. The military has seriously become a joke. Wonder why they'll engage in propaganda at all. And you tell me they are doing something differently? You mean asides gulping so much defence budget? Something tells me that the military doesn't want this to end...how else will they feed fat on allowances?

21 Likes

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Iykopee(m): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
If members of the APC are not responsible for bokoharam carnage why is the fight taking too long to quell? APC must be bokoharam

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2015

Ma’aji told Nigerian Tribune in Maiduguri that “we love and supported Buhari, but we are getting confused because we hope and believe he has all it takes to end the Boko Haram madness, but today, we are more afraid that they might come back in full force to take over more towns and villages.

Eyah!! Poor Maaji! He has just realised that he has been scamed!! Buhari's maistastine skills are proving to be no match for the boko haram fighters!! The ancestor currently occupying aso rock has all the hallmarks of incompetency written all over him!!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by shiftmarket(m): 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
I wish this cup passes this nation by.

Now you can pump your tyre without the help of a vulcanizer.
This machine can pump your tyre in less than 10mins, you can gauge your pressure yourself and pump according to the accurate pressure needed for your tyres.
No more cheating by the vulcaniser. No more N100 per tyre gauging.
Just plug it into the cigarette lighter in your car and you are pumping.

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by deathmen12: 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
well i dnt expect d them to wipe out bh in less then 5mnth or even 1yr, cos dis bh of a tin as realy eaten deep in some part of northern state ... bt 1 tin i dnt lyk in d new government is their lies, why re d stil lieing to d masses wen election has finish?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
The last time the military told us to go back that they have liberated the local government, we went back and that was when I lost two of my brothers, when the Boko Haram attacked Munguno. I still feel bad for believing in the military and taking that decision. Now, they are urging people to go back again, but our people who are trapped in the local governments are telling us that all is not well,” he said.

Can you imagine!! Buruntashi and his imcompetent army should learn to draw a line between propaganda and endangering the lives of innocent Nigerians!! Deceiving Nigerians that these boko haram infested places are now safe just to make the APC government look better is the worst form of deceit and wickedness!!!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Trailblazer1(m): 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
seriously serious
Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
Where is Lalasticlala to come and do the needful!!
Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by otil1: 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
The clear increase in Boko Haram attacks is a clear indication that we are winning the war against insurgents, one of our cardinal campaign promises - Lai Mohammed, Hon Minister of Propaganda (Info, Comm & Tech)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Blackfire(m): 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
Islam.... Tears , sorrows and blood.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by GenbIoodykiller: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
cheesy

sometimes i find it hard to pity these urchins. GEJ was on the verge of destroying the insurgents but they voted a renowned bastard illiterate terrorist Daura dullard just because of sentiments and fake change chanting sai baba now the oozing body odour of the Hopless kunu drinker is fading away and they are now living corpses because anything can happen anytime no thanks to the bastard illiterate terrorist and the Hopless bastard coward snake charming bastard demon buruntashi.

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
chukwudi44:
Where is to come and do the needful!!
No so so bad new fill your NL account. Your life is so miserable.
Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
God dey
Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by damton(m): 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
h
Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by sotall(m): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2015

12 Likes

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Lilimax(f): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2015
ok nah!
Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by ERAKAMUS: 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
What
Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
They have just realise that they have been scammed, good for them. let the mumus down south keep deceiving themselves believing in this fake chanji na one day everybody eyes go open maybe by that time it will be too late for them. Funny how the sai baba slogan just died a natural death

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by chinex276(m): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
Lol... We dnt need a profet 2 tell us dat na, alliance of prtected crooks is a house built of lies nd occupied by liars, its no co-incidence a certain born liar--- lia mohammed bears dere banner nd speaks on dere behalf

u will see bura-tashi nd him boiz will jog d whole of abuja 2moro morning nd do thousands of push ups abi na press up jus 2 decieve pple as usual

3 Likes

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by chesterlee(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
Question: Define 'structured' terrorist attacks? grin grin grin
Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Seunaj05(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
Honestly, Lai Muhammed should apologize to Nigerians for calling GEJ clueless. Jonathan may be clueless but I haven't met a president more clueless than PMB (reality! No insult, no apology) how can u attack using area bombardment without ground troops on ground to apprehend fleeing insurgents? dats CLEULESS!
Wot Buhari just did was integrating the BH sect into the civil society so that they can also have access to the basic amenities. I actually tot he had a concrete plan when he told us during the campaign that he will clear insurgency in the first few months, never knew that he was only ranting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents by Icecomrade: 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
L

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria, Says Osinbajo / Raymond Dokpesi: I Am Still In PDP, No Plans To Defect Yet / Take A Look At The Children Begging Me In Abuja-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.