Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice (1194 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Busts Hubby In Secret Wedding (Photo) / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by Anextin(f): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
MODERATORS PLEASE KINDLY MOVE THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE, EVEN IF IT DOESN’T MEET YOUR STANDARD FOR FRONT PAGE, THIS LADY NEEDS HER HUSBAND TO SEE THE ADVICE PEOPLE WIILL GIVE SO HE WILL KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS.
Dear Nairalanders, (please my dear friend needs your advice urgently, concerning her husband and his attitude to work expenses. she’s so close to me and I can actually relate to what she is going through. Her husband uses this forum not as a member, but a guest and will see this piece, am sure it will relate to him)
My job involved lots of travelling before I got married but reduced significantly afterwards. My boss ran for election and lost. She spent so much and even borrowed from the banks. The dept was huge and after she had to practically close down her office with no pay whatsoever. People advised me to go here and there for my pay but I just could not cos I know things were not like this before. Though I pray she remembers my pay when things turn better for her again. It’s not just my salary but also my personal funds used in doing her work. So for now I am unemployed and seriously looking for ways to earn for my family.
TO THE MAIN ISSUE
My husband needs your urgent advice. My hubby works for an architectural firm with staff strength less than 10 and a salary of less than N100k. he’s good at what he does and gets on well with his boss. He’s more like the manager cos his boss assigns duties only to him so he disburses to other people.
The problem is her husband uses his little salary to run errands for the company. He doesn’t ask for expense reimbursement. Anywhere he goes he takes his car and exhausts his fuel and doesn’t bother asking for impress. And from what I figured he doesn’t know how to man up and put his foot down. I believe every company provides transportation for running of their offices but this is not the case. She feels the reason is that her hubby does not request and doesn’t know how to either.
They have just one car which they both contributed to buy as a family. Initially they agreed that the wife can use the car two days out of seven days of the week. But that is not the case since her husband always has somewhere to go. My friend stopped asking and goes about her business, only calls when it’s absolutely necessary (which the husband responds fast if he can cos she’s pregnant).
Meanwhile before this car came, he collects impress.
She said the husbands’ boss is this type that will send you for market survey in different places and expects you to come back and give her a response before going to acquire that item. Her husband runs around town with their car and fuel and never collects a dime for it. He appropriates money from his salary for that. Even when the salary doesn’t last a month she brings hers for them to fuel their vehicle only for him to use it for office use.
They buy fuel every two days, she’s tired of advising her husband cos it’s beginning to seem like she’s telling him what to do. She has exhausted soft, mild approach on this matter and none is working. She feels the advice from intellectual minds on this forum might do the trick.
HOW WILL SHE MAKE HER DEAR HUBBY UNDERSTAND THAT HE’S SPENDING FAR TOO MUCH ON HIS OFFICE WORK WITH THEIR LITTLE INCOME. THEY SPEND CLOSE TO HALF OF HIS SALARY IF NOT MORE ON FUELING MONTHLY. AND SHES SICK OF THIS
Re: Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by INTROVERT(f): 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
advice coming
Re: Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by blank(f): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
imprest not impress.
Re: Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
Relationship is suppose to be all about communication. Keep telling him and i only hope he changes soon. He cant want to please his boss to the detriment of his family. Not done.
Re: Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
I believe every salary should include an official breakdown and if the expenses made for the company isn't included in that breakdown, then he has every right to request for reimbursement of the money.

Since he is close to his boss, I don't think that should be a problem. He should explain things to him and give him a vivid explanation, just like the one on this thread.
Re: Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by Anextin(f): 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
THANKS FOR THE CORRECTIONTION
blank:
imprest not impress.
Re: Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by 4reala(m): 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
@op, u got me more confused, I find it difficult to comprehend wether its a reported story or personal story, though u said its ur friend's at d start, but along d line u.......... undecided

1 Like

Re: Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by miqos02(m): 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
4reala:
@op, u got me more confused, I find it difficult to comprehend wether its a reported story or personal story, though u said its ur friend's at d start, but along d line u.......... undecided
Re: Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by PresVA: 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2015
4reala:
Whether it's hers or not, drop your advice if you have any!

Op, if the transport expenses isn't included in the salary breakdown, then he should approach his boss and sort things out... He shouldn't feel apprehensive about it because it's his right except the employment contract stated otherwise. ...

1 Like

Re: Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
4reala:
Noticed too.. But, WTH,Op, try and confirm from your hubby, it could be part of the employment contract if not, I see no reason why a supposed married man wouldn't be man enough to ask for reimbursement.#my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Ny Hubby Doesnt Request For Impress Pls Advice by Anextin(f): 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
Thanks for the advice, sorry I personalised it, it's actually my friends', am sure if the mode moves this to front page, the hubby will see it. He's only a guest here not a registered member. And pls keep the advice coming,

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of A Stingy Man! / Nland! Join Me And Celebrate. / Pls Advise...(strictly For Couples)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.