Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S (82720 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Poses With Friends As He's Freed From Kuje Prison In Abuja.PICS/VID / Yakubu Gowon's Son, Musa, Returns After 22Years In Prison / After 22yrs In US Prison, Yakubu Gowon’s Son, Musa, Granted Clemency (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by gigabyte13: 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
He was kidnapped by his mother EDITH IKE IKONGWU? Now l know where the first female Nigerian kidnapper came from.

Poor boy, if not for the kidnapper though, he would have been living large in the north all the same.
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by azzima(m): 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
Drugs......that's the Igbo side of him. Poor chap,he needs to head STRAIGHT to the north and join the Aboki side ,not the Biafra side o. Or else na Malaysia damn go execute am this time o.
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by azzima(m): 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:
Igbo Boys don't snitch.. cool

Ichie Musa.. #RealNigga.. cool

If his name was Ade or Olu that nigga would have started singing like a Canary as soon as Five-O started knocking on his door.. grin

Olu, be in court snitching like grin grin grin

#NaJokeO.... grin grin
So in your mind,he should be hailed as a hero abi?very unfortunate how Biafrans see drug dealing.
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Chumzylove(f): 9:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
Guyman02:
Edith Ike Okongwu - No wonder this people cant let Biafra go; there love for Igbo women, even Baba Gowon couldnt resist, no wonder Femi Fani Kayode who used to be anti Igbo is now an Igbo activist since that fair Igbo girl blew his mind grin grin grin
Yakubu Gowon is actually an Igbo man from Ebonyi, but the mum was an Hausa. He learnt the true very late and couldn't go back again
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by ODUBEZE: 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
So Hausa self follow? small time now PMB go say no be Gowon pikin! It is well.
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by 400billionman: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
Gowon was not as smart as Tinubu.
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by 400billionman: 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
rehpotsirh00:

Which party is jagaban in again

The guy no smart like jagabantis..
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by laudate: 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
Candybob:
Like father like son! His father was also a criminal who murdered millions, just so he could boast of been the Leader of the largest black nation. A fools dream!

...if his father is a criminal, what would you call the man who led his people to their death, and then abandoned them to run away to Ivory Coast?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by jonuel1(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
Baawaa:
Thank God PDP has left Power, if not this dude will come back to Nigeria before you know it he has become governor of his State.We have many of them in PDP shocked shocked

What makes him different from Timipre, Audu of Kogi etc?
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by coolitempa(f): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:
Igbo Boys don't snitch.. cool

Ichie Musa.. #RealNigga.. cool

If his name was Ade or Olu that nigga would have started singing like a Canary as soon as Five-O started knocking on his door.. grin

Olu, be in court snitching like grin grin grin

#NaJokeO.... grin grin

You are right o jare....omo olori kpelebe.......Yorubas don't condone criminality.....well spoken..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Raiders: 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
drealzum:
Hahahaha. Who believe this story? Gowong and Igbo lady?when? before war or after war? Was gowong wedding with this Igbo lady also an NYSC programme to reunite? I can find so many holes in this story. Yakubu Gowong as we know is married to only one woman as a christian and that is his present wife.
Gowong is a son of strict christian missionaries that even ojukwu described him as a man who neither drinks nor smokes so when did he start to womanise talk more of having a son out of wedlock?

Finally for Christ sake....... Why will Yakubu Gowong and Ngas man name his son "Musa"? Have ngas names finish?
That's Gowon son. There are many people who name their kids another tribe name. just because Gowon is a strict Christian does not mean he didn't sleep around and have councubines.

1 Like

Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Lothbrok(m): 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
Tonye Princewill look alike shocked
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by laudate: 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
Orikinla:
He is older than 47, because he was born before the Nigerian civil war (1967-1970).
His mother Edith Ike-Mark Odu lived and worked in Nigeria for years.

Princess Edith-Ike Mark Odu, Nigeria's foremost female public relations manager holds a Ph.D in Public Relations and Government Affairs. She has been involved in information management activities in the private sector of the economy for over 20 years.

Her working experience has been characterized by many pioneering positions which include: First Scientific Librarian for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). She set up Nigeria's First Oil Library at the NNPC. She was the first female head of Administration, Lagos for Steyr Nigeria Limited, a Federal Government parastatal, before she joined Guinness Nigeria Plc, in 1986 as Head of Public Affairs.

She is both a member of the Nigerian Advisory Board of the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM), for Anglophone West Africa, a United Nations Agency for the advancement of women and a member of the African council on Communication Education. She is the Vice President of the Women Empowerment Movement(WEM), an organization engaged with structuring strategies for enabling women's entry into Policy and Decision-Making through political participation and economic empowerment.

Read more: http://www.onlinenigeria.com/people/ad.asp?blurb=112#ixzz3qX298e9D

Musa Gowon is not older than 47. He was born during the civil war. His mother was the late Edith Ike. She died in December 2003. After her affair with General Yakubu Gowon in the late 60s which resulted in the birth of a baby boy named Musa, she later got married to Dr. Okongwu. Unfortunately, that marriage did not last. And then after a few years, she was fortunate to meet Nze Mark Odu, who she eventually married.

She took Gowon to court over an article that was alleged to have been defamatory to her name. A soft-sell magazine known as HINTS published by True Tales Publications was also joined in the suit. Gowon filed a counter-claim against her and the suit eventually got to the Supreme Court in 2003. The case was eventually dismissed. http://lawaspire.com.ng/2014/08/general-yakubu-gowon-v-mrs-edith-i-ike-okongwu-ors/

In 2002, she was diagnosed with cancer and later passed on in 2003. Here is an excerpt from a tribute written in her memory by Reuben Abati.

Letter from Edith Ike Mark-Odu | By Reuben Abati | Friday, December 19 2003

THE death of Princess Edith Ike Mark-Odu, whose long struggle with cancer, had generated considerable public interest, was announced on Sunday, last week, about the same time that we all received the news that Saddam Hussein, the former Iraqi strongman now turned US prisoner, had been smoked out of an 8 feet hole, and captured. The Saddam story predictably overshadowed the Princess story. Those who were privileged to know Princess Edith Ike Mark-Odu are bound to feel her departure deeply.

She was a strong personality, a vivid and exciting character, with a natural talent for life and living. In October 2002, while she was still on her hospital bed at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), I had written in the Crossroads column, a tribute to the Princess. She not only read the piece, she managed in her characteristic manner to send a hand-written response, parts of which I reproduce below, as yet another tribute to this true princess, devoted intellectual, polygot (she spoke five languages) and loving mother of two sons, now a part of history. She was 56.

Ward E, LUTH, 26/02/03,

Dear Dr. Abati,

I am now well enough to begin to read some of the publications on my illness and myself and your contribution of October 27, an outstanding nay, most outstanding write-up is a masterpiece. As a matter of fact, the President of Champions of Women Development Foundation (COWDEF) of which I am National President" Consultants to USAID, USIS, UNIFEM, UNICEF on Democracy and Governance in the South-East who brought the write-up to my notice has promised to duplicate it for distribution at my father's funeral on March 21st. It will be on the other side of my profile which she has titled, "Princess Edith Ike Mark-Odu, Sir G.N. Ike's 3rd daughter who could not be here" her father's funeral."

I quickly approved of it because your treatise says it all - why I would be absent. I thank you very much for that wonderful show of friendship and fellowship. I can assure you that my funeral would be another 20 or 30-odd years; but whenever it does come, my children would endorse your write-up as a most befitting epitaph. I would like to make a few comments on the issues raised in your treatise.

There is no cancer ward in LUTH. Female cancer patients are in the female surgical ward where I am (E3) and the male ones are in the Male Surgical Ward.

My lungs were not affected by the cancer, but I had odium from a rejected transfusion. Both my lungs and pericardium (outer jacket of the heart) became flooded. I therefore suffered congestion in the lungs" it was very bad, as they had to be fighting the heart failure at the same time. All my internal organs (critical for monitoring cancer spread), are all patent.
You can see, it is not my turn to die - ha! Ha! Ha! (Halleluya!)

The yam festival - when I read your piece on that in 1998, I called you several times to correct the misconception which had been created by the naughty journalist from the Vanguard who told a lie about what happened both at the stadium and at the National Theatre, but you were never there when I called. Your not returning my call is an indication that you never got my messages called on by the Ikemba to go to the arena and carry out the "ritual". I was very surprised because I had not been warned. I was at the middle of a very long high table with about 10 "Igwes" on one side of me. I hurried out pleading with the Igwes to make way" i.e removing their heavy cloaks from the tiny space. I had to squeeze through.

When I got to the "Yam table" in the arena, a little man who had been sent by, perhaps, an Igwe, rushed up to the table to hold out to me an already cut roasted tuber of yam. That effort was to ensure that it will not be said that I cut the yam afterall, because anybody can cut yam that has already been cut/celebrated. I of course refused and pushed his yam away. He later reported that I even took the biggest yam tuber on the table. That was the source of their anger. I was not aware that any persons walked out. The media women (you know I am their consultant on Democracy and Governance) all rushed unto the arena and we all proceeded to eat the yam and dance - It was unbearable to most reactionary Igbo Igwes; The Eze Igbo of Lagos not exempted. Yet I am an Igbo Princess in Anambra and an Igbo Chief in Imo.

"Let them Eat Kolanut" was another beautiful piece in which you came out quite stridently to give our collective advocacy for women empowerment a robust support. The kolanut issue is very important to my movement because the grassroots women with whom COWDEF works in the East (South East) have identified it as critical to their empowerment, because that is where the youth learn that women are not really consequential. Of course you know that the Igbo woman is the most culturally marginalised. Indeed, almost all of the Igbo culture is predicated on how much each cultural situation or provision can denigrate women.

At the National Stadium, even as Special Guest of the occasion, I was refused the right as an Igbo chief to take my kolanut from the plate, by Peter Edochie who was chairman of the function (launching of Tony one-week's first album). My organisation UMUADA Forum had given Awards only four days back, to men and women who have been promoting Igbo women empowerment. Nze Mark-Odu got the Award for promoting the Human Rights of Women by promoting and advocating for, the offering of kolanut to women; i.e. supporting our advocacy in the grassroots.

I gave out the Awards as National President at our impressive ceremony at the Sheraton Hotel. How was I to accept that kind of indignity particularly as Peter made the issue public. I had quietly tugged at his cloak as he was standing by me instructing the MC who is Ike (somebody) who does the Igbo programme "Igbo kwenu" on NTA 10, to give the kolanut out to whom he named.

I informed him that he had omitted me. Instead of whispering back to me, he said it through the microphone that Princess wanted kolanut and that he was not going to give her because his ancestors would strike him dead that night if he did. I warned him that I would walk out even as the Guest of Honour - he dared me, so I did. The hall was full of mainly young Igbo youths, mainly from Alaba. It was very important that I demonstrated to them that we were serious in our advocacy to dismantle all the denigrating Igbo cultural practices against women.

Peter Edochie was a junior officer in NTA Enugu at the time I was already a General Manager of a government parastatal. He only sees me when I come for programmes at the NTA Enugu. He could talk to me because his wife whom he married during the war (when anything went) was my room mate at the Science School Lagos. Otherwise we had no meeting point until that occasion. I guess he was drunk with excitement to see himself sitting next to me and he had to pretend it was no big deal; and I say this with humility.

My more involved advocacy for women empowerment is expressed in my second book, "Widow Behind Bars" 1995 which debuted in Beijing, China under the auspices of UNIFEM. If I find a copy, I'll send it to you along these notes. Thanks for mentioning "Women on the Move..."

I am from the Royal Family of Aro-Ndikelionwu (Aguata) of Orunba North LGA in Anambra State. We are Aros originally from Abia State (Arochukwu). When the Aro kings made conquest, they posted out a son to administer the new territory. The Prince posted to the location where we now live is Ikelionwu and his location then became "People of Ikelionwu" which is what "Ndi-Ikelionwu" means. "Aro" used to be added as a prefix to indicate our "specie" of Igbo. The "aborigenes" in recent years protested that the town cannot belong to a single family and furthermore we are indicating that we are still Aro overlords by having the Aro prefix to the name of the town. A consensus was reached and the Aro prefix was dropped.

My father, until his death on December 30, 2002 was the Patriach of the Ike Royal family - because of his Western education and Christian upbringing (long story). He refused to be king, not to be messed up with the inevitable fetishism associated with such traditional engagements, particularly as of the time he could have ascended the throne. He had since crowned two nephews who wanted to be king - our late king and the current king. I do not choose to be called princess, I am a thick-blue-blooded Princess.

Yes, I did fall back on my inner reserve. I am not a good church-goer, largely because I do get exasperated with what happened in Churches for a long time now, but I know I am a good Christian. I held on to my faith believing very strongly that God will deliver me. He did. I am an enigma in this hospital because for as long as the pain could let me, I kept a smile on my face; since I know what my worried visitors did not know - I would live.

I begged God for strength and he cast me into a Rock. I went through the very difficult treatment processes like a soldier would. I did not know I had so much strength. God is really to be glorified.

These are some of the many "Angels" God sent to me to ensure my survival. And talking about "Angels", Dr. Ngozi Anyaegbunam had dazzled me with her concern for my life. If I should write of the miracles that happened through her intercession including the phenomenon of NONI (I shall discuss this later), I would need another page. For now, I would just say, as the Igbo would, "If you are my friend, when you see Ngozi (Ngo), hail her with a glass of wine - in gratitude."
Read the rest here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://kwenu.com/archive/abati_edithike.htm

May her soul continue to rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
The guy shud remain in Lagos ooh! Make e no cross come here b4 them go make am prresidential candidate in 2019.
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Ndipe(m): 12:01am On Nov 05, 2015
Musa was born during the civil war. His late mom, Edith, and Yakubu Gowon had a well publicized spat that landed in court over his paternity with Gowon denying that he was the father of her baby.
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Alwaystruth: 1:50am On Nov 05, 2015
We Biafrans we lift you and family up to God

1 Like

Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Okanokan(m): 2:27am On Nov 05, 2015
We Bless GOD for his mercy on him, his family and his father General Yakubu Gowon who has proven by his humility that power is not the all in all, but rather God who permeates all things. Welcome home!
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by limario(m): 3:23am On Nov 05, 2015
may he receive more grace to steal and traffic drugs
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Bollove: 5:28am On Nov 05, 2015
madridguy:
GOOD JUSTICE SYSTEM. HERE IN OUR COUNTRY, WITH THE LIKES OF JOSEPH DAUDU SAN AND OTHER ROGUE LEGAL PRACTITIONER THEY CAN GO TO ANYWHERE TO DEFEND A CRIMINAL. OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM NEED URGENT ATTENTION.
Nigerian like you also need to get urgent attention in the sense faculty.
Who told you Gowon's son was not tried in court of competent jurisdiction and well defended by his lawyer or public defendant before being convicted. .....

There must always be a lawyer to prosecute and another lawyer to defend .... that is the beauty of the legal system, you are presumed innocent until proven guilty and convicted.
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by madridguy(m): 5:51am On Nov 05, 2015
If you're not suffering from brainfart you should understand my view very well. My point remains if it is here in Nigeria the guy won't go to jail.

Bollove:
Nigerian like you also need to get urgent attention in the sense faculty.
Who told you Gowon's son was not tried in court of competent jurisdiction and well defended by his lawyer or public defendant before being convicted. .....

There must always be a lawyer to prosecute and another lawyer to defend .... that is the beauty of the legal system, you are presumed innocent until proven guilty and convicted.
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Bollove: 6:51am On Nov 05, 2015
madridguy:
If you're not suffering from brainfart you should understand my view very well. My point remains if it is here in Nigeria the guy won't go to jail.

You are the one suffering from incoherence and articulation problems. Next time communicate in simple terms that is within the grasp of your knowledge so as to adequately guide your readers.

Mentioning Daudu has derailed your communication , in case you are not informed ... Daudu is a lawyer , even a Senior Advocate not a Judge ... So, Daudu is not abusing any known documented principles for taking up Sarakis case.

Learn4rmmeLittleBoy!!
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 05, 2015
Baawaa:
Thank God PDP has left Power, if not this dude will come back to Nigeria before you know it he has become governor of his State.We have many of them in PDP shocked shocked

YES JUST LIKE TINUBU...now APC chieftain grin grin grin grin
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 05, 2015
ademusiwa8:
Igbo people may have frame him.. Biafra war

And his Yoruba Slave is here to defend him even after 22 yrs in prison....SMH,
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 05, 2015
Chumzylove:
Yakubu Gowon is actually an Igbo man from Ebonyi, but the mum was an Hausa. He learnt the true very late and couldn't go back again

shut up....that idiot has no Igbo blood in him, he is a bloody mallam....stop cocking up some stewpid stories
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by yassjib: 9:30am On Nov 05, 2015
better governmental System
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Candybob(m): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2015
laudate:

...if his father is a criminal, what would you call the man who led his people to their death, and then abandoned them to run away to Ivory Coast?? undecided

A madman! But of a calibre adequately depicted by your signature! One who fought for the freedom of his people, who were openly slaughtered by their countrymen!

Unfortunately, when a madman confronts a criminal of the magnitude of Gowon, the story changes to sorry!
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by laudate: 10:34am On Nov 05, 2015
Candybob:
A madman! But of a calibre adequately depicted by your signature! One who fought for the freedom of his people, who were openly slaughtered by their countrymen!

Unfortunately, when a madman confronts a criminal of the magnitude of Gowon, the story changes to sorry!

You insult geniuses who are regarded as madmen because of their brilliant, unusual ideas, when you label Ojukwu as one. Nah! He led his people into a war he knew they could not win, and abandoned them at the last minute after lying that he was going to find a solution. Such an action is called 'cowardice,' in any language.

May the souls of all who lost their lives in that war, rest in peace. undecided undecided
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by laudate: 10:37am On Nov 05, 2015
Raiders:
That's Gowon son. There are many people who name their kids another tribe name. just because Gowon is a strict Christian does not mean he didn't sleep around and have councubines.

Gowon did not have concubines. He dated Edith Ike-Okongwu, when he was a single man. They later broke up and he ended up marrying his present wife, Victoria. Do your research. undecided
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by madridguy(m): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2015
Go back to my previous comment and check if i addresses Daudu as judge.

Bollove:
You are the one suffering from incoherence and articulation problems. Next time communicate in simple terms that is within the grasp of your knowledge so as to adequately guide your readers.

Mentioning Daudu has derailed your communication , in case you are not informed ... Daudu is a lawyer , even a Senior Advocate not a Judge ... So, Daudu is not abusing any known documented principles for taking up Sarakis case.

Learn4rmmeLittleBoy!!
Re: Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S by Bollove: 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
madridguy:
Go back to my previous comment and check if i addresses Daudu as judge.

U didn't tagged him a Judge but faulted him for defending Saraki .....
and I told u Daudu is not a judge but a lawyer and a lawyer has right and sense of duty to take up any case he felt he can prosecute and/or defend

The question is Should Daudu not have accepted the responsibility of defending Saraki ??
Another Question is has Daudu flaunted any known principles for taking up the defence of Saraki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) / FFK: Bill And Melinda Gates Are Satanic, Demonic / Whenever Anybody Tells You That APC Did Well, Show Them This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.