Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

How He Lost A Job Opportunity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How He Lost A Job Opportunity (672 Views)

We Lost A Deary Nairalander (so Sad) / Have You Ever Lost A Woman Cause Youre Broke?? / Lost A Beautiful Friend Recently. Yet To Recover (photos Of Her) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How He Lost A Job Opportunity by martyns303(m): 8:08am On Nov 05, 2015
Although Joshua is laughing now when I told him I was going to write about this on NL, few hours ago he was in absolute chaos. 

I met Joshua 6 months ago and introduced him to NL, and he had been hooked on the job section ever since. We had both gone for a job interview at a company that provides logistics for elf/total, the interview was supposed to commence by 9am, but as 8am almost all the applicants were already seated. We were given a visitor's card bearing numbers, I was number 15. I was quietly sitted according to my number waiting for the interview to start, others were surfing the web on their phone, others praying, some going through what I presume to be a possible interview question on a printed paper. 

The guy sitted next to me was listening to music, and though he was using a headset, the music was loud enough for me to hear the lyrics and every beat. Soon I found myself nodding to the music he was listening to, the music was really nice, so I faintly tapped him on the knee to get his attention, I asked him what he was listening to and he said Kygo remix of let her go, I said I have lots of Kygo remix, just haven't heard this one, I asked him if I can go through his playlist, turns out we have the same taste in music, he has got different types of house music, tropical house etc. I recommended Rudimentals to him and transferred some of their best to him, "waiting all night", "powerless" "not giving in". 

Turns out music is not the only thing we had in common, he told me he benefited from the elf/total scholarship OML, I told him I was JV and was paid N150K yearly. We were still talking when they called candidate number 14, so we exchanged numbers to keep in touch. I was soon called in and we didn't see again, because the exit is different from the entrance. We talked about the interview on phone and he told me he may have slipped on some questions. Well, so did I.

Fast forward a day before yesterday, he called me up to tell me he was introduced to someone and needs to have a one on one session for a job and really needs to make an impression. He asked me if he can come to my place and spend the night so as to meet up the time of 8:30am meeting because he stays at Delta State, while I am in PH. I agreed, and before 5pm he was in PH, I went to pick him up from the park and we went to my place, he took a shower and we went out for dinner. We came home watching TV and talking about the day ahead of him tomorrow, by 9pm he said he's really exhausted and needs to sleep, so I bid him good night while I stay awake watching Criminals Investigation. I was awake till 2am yesterday morning before going to bed. 

I woke up by 7:45am and said to myself, ah this guy don move him no even tell me? I went to check on him in the bedroom and found him sleeping. I rushed to his bed side and tapped him as fast as my wrist could move, guy how far your interview na? He abruptly woke up and the terror on his face was something else, he rushed to the bathroom but his movement wasn't  coordinated as though he was drunk, I left him to make Lipton, came to check again by 8:19 and he was still trying to wear his clothes. He said "guy, I no be myself, I no go fit go" and went back to bed. 

He work up by 12, by then I was asking myself too many questions, thank God this guy didn't eat at my place o, when he woke up I asked him what went wrong, he said he can't tell. Asked him if he drank before coming, or if he was on any medication, he said he's not and that the last time he took any medication was before coming, that his GF had given him some paracetamol, and blood tonics. So we called the GF to know the blood tonic, she said he had been complaining of headaches and feeling stressed, so she gave him paracetamol, supramalt and cypri gold. Turns out the side effect of cypri gold is drowsiness. 

Now we have been looking for an excuse to tell the person he was supposed to meet, we can't say he over slept, we have thought of saying he had an accident on his way, but none seems plausible. We really need a plausible lie to tell before today runs out.

Lalasticlala
Re: How He Lost A Job Opportunity by naijaboiy: 8:12am On Nov 05, 2015
errmm...he should tell them he fell sick na
Re: How He Lost A Job Opportunity by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 8:13am On Nov 05, 2015
Re: How He Lost A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 05, 2015
The poster above me sha
Re: How He Lost A Job Opportunity by falconey(m): 8:21am On Nov 05, 2015
OK what da fvck
Re: How He Lost A Job Opportunity by 14teenK: 8:40am On Nov 05, 2015
Nigerians ehhh
Re: How He Lost A Job Opportunity by donholy28(m): 9:41am On Nov 05, 2015
op so u want lala to push dix trash to FP? oya receive sense

(1) (Reply)

See How Police Hunt For Women Forcibly Twerking Against Man In Shop PHOTOS,VIDEO / Lol! This Wedding Photo Will Shock You (photo) / Pls I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.