Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,537 members, 7,837,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason (3664 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Abiola, Atiku Before SDP Presidential Primaries In 1993 / Photos Of Abba Moro Arriving Court Today For Trial / Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by chimere66: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2015
Chief Moshood Abiola (MKO) Abiola was pictured in 1994 arriving for his first appearance in court after being charged with treason.

It should be recalled that MKO was regarded by the Nigerian populace as the winner of 1993 presidential election in Nigeria.However,he was arrested and imprisoned in 1994 and charged with treason after declaring himself as the President of Nigeria.Shockingly,he died on 7 July 1998,the day he was meant to be released from prison.

Following his death,it was alleged that MKO was poisoned in prison but a medical autopsy conducted on his corpse revealed he died from complications of heart disease.However,General Sani Abacha's Chief Security Officer said Abiola gave a contrary view that Abiola was beaten to death.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by flejnr2(f): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2015
Were the picture na

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by ziky2010(m): 11:38am On Nov 05, 2015
rubbish.where d picture?
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by chimere66: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2015
flejnr2:
Were the picture na
Sorry for the delay in uploading the pics.I have been having a ntwk challenge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by okoro4: 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
Abiola would have been the best president of Nigeria if not for injustice
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by babyfaceafrica: 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
A president we never had...only God knows what will be
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by onoikenna: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
RIP heroe
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by GspotAngela(f): 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
What is abiola

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by NaijirianKing: 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
Interesting.
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
A president we never had...only God knows what will be

a CIA stooge that we never had

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
GspotAngela:
What is abiola

the epitome of yoruba cowardice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
onoikenna:
RIP heroe

ole

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Fash20: 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
PvtParts:
[size=18pt]The yoruba is nothing but a toothless venom-less snake

that is why they are so quick to lie flat on the ground

if i had my way i will sterilize every yoruba bastard in order that they don't breed their coward spineless treacherous genes

bloody cowards deserve to be called slaves [/size]

the bastards forgot that buhari was a prominent feature in the abacha regime

useless people
Go and get a life man. Your hatred for Yoruba race will take you no where but to your grave.
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by dridowu: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
Listening to KSA : MKO Abiola

Edumare je nki sorire
Bi ti MKO Abiola
Aareonakakafo Gbogbo Yoruba
O ba fi ow ola re kan mi lara ki dolowo
Abiola ti eri yen apata nla ni e ti enikan o le ri di e
Owo ba e gbe
Aya ba e gbe
Omo ba e gbe
Alaafia tun tele
Okiki tan si
Aye fe mo di e
Olorun ko fun won se
Kasi
Owo de
Oko Simbi
Baba Kola

RIP sir

GBN

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
Fash20:
Go and get a life man. Your hatred for Yoruba race will take you no where but to your grave.

sharap you coward

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by theDEVILisHERE: 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
okoro4:

He was a fraudulent criminal
You don't expect a country to progress with such type of people as president

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
Abiola dined n wined with Abacha n Babangida as BBFs.......They ended up killing him.

Birds of a feather flock together.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by chimere66: 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2015
chuna1985:
Abiola dined n wined with Abacha n Babangida as BBFs.......They ended up killing him.

That does not mean he was corrupt
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
chimere66:

ediot.

you Yoruba are truly the problem

you nefer hear of ITT ? International Thief thief?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
chuna1985:

He killed Awolowo's ambition too. Then babangida killed his ambition. what goes around comes around.

According to Ojukwu, "Awolowo was the best President Nigeria never had ".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
saxywale:

He killed Awolowo's ambition too. Then babangida killed his ambition. what goes around comes around.

this is what awaits thiefnibu

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
PvtParts:

this is what awaits thiefnibu
lol. I don't like tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
chimere66:

U can defend him all u like. Point is Abiola had Abacha n Babangida as best friends n very very close associates. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by DaFlash: 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
PvtParts:
[size=18pt]The yoruba is nothing but a toothless venom-less snake

that is why they are so quick to lie flat on the ground

if i had my way i will sterilize every yoruba bastard in order that they don't breed their coward spineless treacherous genes

bloody cowards deserve to be called slaves [/size]

the bastards forgot that buhari was a prominent feature in the abacha regime

useless people
take heart i knw it confusing to be a product of baby factory but dont show it here.
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
the evil that abacha did...
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Fringes(m): 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
Although many say he acquired his billions, possibly trillions fraudulently, while others say he was a stooge of the Western Powers, I say Moshood Kashimawo Abiola was a prophet.

He remains a man whom though I barely knew while his powers were maximal, I supported his HOPE '93 campaign as a child.

I believe his life, chequered history and death should provide many lessons to us and even to generations unborn...

I'll end with a solitary reference:
In the same album which Sir Shina Peters sang about the hypocritical affection people exhibit towards the rich, he also rendered a track in full praise of the Egba Bashorun MKO. He waxed:
"Maa ko wa je pe o Bashorun" among other praise singing...

The album is SHINAMANIA. The tracks in question are Omo Eniyan and MKO...

Ironically, the same Shina Peters led the vanguard singing for the perpetuation of Gen. Sani Abacha's hold on power and transition to civilian rulership less than ten years after - WHILE BASHORUN MKO languished and rotted away in jail, extra-judiciously kept away by the same Abacha for more than four years. His offence was that he rightfully claimed to be the President of Nigeria after winning the 1993 elections.

No one should say the results were inconclusive or never announced completely. Professor Humphrey Nwosu did announce the results later - after both men's deaths anyway - and Abiola won Tofa cleanly.

Rest in peace ✌ Bashorun. The last Aare Ona Kakanfo

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Rex123(m): 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
Military regime is the answer to Africa problem! We need an iron fist to rule us!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by seankay(m): 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
Even though I don't like Democracy for the mendacious attributes of our Politicians, I can't help but say THUNDER FIRE IBB
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by chimere66: 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
seankay:
Even though I don't like Democracy for the mendacious attributes of our Politicians, I can't help but say THUNDER FIRE IBB
Bros u are mean oo.Why will u wish that to ur fellow human being?
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by Aromas: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
okoro4:
Thank God Buhari is back grin
Re: Throwback Pics Of Abiola Arriving Court In 1994 After Being Charged Wit Treason by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
This thread is yet to hit the front page. Na wa o! If it were about the bump short of Tonto Dike, it would have hit the front page.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue And Taraba States Tribunal Verdicts: Before We Are Misled~By Miss Ngene / Proliferation Of Ethnic Groups In Nigeria... / Why Is A Brilliant Senator Like Sen. Abaribe Not The President Of This Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.