Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,943 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans (22275 Views)

The 10 Most Dangerous Waters In The World / 10 Amazing Things We’ve Learned About The Solar System In 2016 / Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
sukkot:
yeah, notice how even the ' residient genius ' Teempak ran away when he encounter real questions lmao.
So you truly believe Teempakguy spends the whole day chatting in the forum abi? He's got nothing else to do?

sukkot:
yall dont know who you messin with. i am the rebirth of osiris. the kinda questions i will bring to you, if you no get migraine or run mad, na small go remain sef lmao
grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by sukkot: 10:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
LoJ:

So you truly believe Teempak spends the whole day chatting in the forum abi? He's got nothing else to do?

grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

well he was here till the questions start getting hotter and hotter and he ran away lmao grin grin grin
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
sukkot:
well he was here till the questions start getting hotter and hotter and he ran away lmao grin grin grin
He left long before your so called hot question. And your so called "hot" question, is a simple high school problem.

But knowing your personality and your background, I'd even advise him not to bother answering. Anybody who has read your posts on nairaland know what you are up to.

sukkot:
rubbish
What people don't understand they call names. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by sukkot: 11:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
LoJ:

[s]He left long before your so called hot question. And your so called "hot" question, is a simple high school problem.

But knowing your personality and your background, I'd even advise him not to bother answering. Anybody who has read your posts on nairaland know what you are up to.

What people don't understand they call names.[/s] grin grin
tell your boss Teempak to come and answer these tough questions. you know what I just did know ? i just proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the earth is not moving. wink
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
sukkot:
i have an even better question. the diameter of the earth is 7,926.41 miles, so if the speed of the earth is 67,000 miles per hour ( meaning it covers its own diameter 10 times in an hour - thats how fast it is going ), if a plane that is doing 350 miles per hour flies into the sky it will take less than 20 minutes before the earth overtakes the plane and the plane is left behind in some remote part of the universe lost forever >>>> but how come this does not happen and the plane manages to get to its destination on earth ?

Short reply: The earth is moving with all it's constituents. The plane is still in the earth's spheres (atmo, iono, tropo, strato, exo). So it cannot get left behind.

1 Like

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
SirWere:
Short reply: The earth is moving with all it's constituents. The plane is still in the earth's spheres (atmo, iono, tropo, strato, exo). So it cannot get left behind.
This is exactly what I tried to demonstrate to him, in very simple mathematical terms. But I know the phenomenon Sukkot. grin grin
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
sukkot:
yeah, notice how even the ' residient genius ' Teempak ran away when he encounter real questions lmao. yall dont know who you messin with. i am the rebirth of osiris. the kinda questions i will bring to you, if you no get migraine or run mad, na small go remain sef lmao grin grin grin
Lol. you have my time today because na weekend.

on other days I will just smile and go.

anyway, I was doing math. part of which you called me to.
sukkot:
tell your boss Teempak to come and answer these tough questions. you know what I just did know ? i just proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the earth is not moving. wink

Lmao. grin grin

okay, let's see your question. shall we?
sukkot:
i have an even better question. the diameter of the earth is 7,926.41 miles, so if the speed of the earth is 67,000 miles per hour ( meaning it covers its own diameter 10 times in an hour - thats how fast it is going ), if a plane that is doing 350 miles per hour flies into the sky it will take less than 20 minutes before the earth overtakes the plane and the plane is left behind in some remote part of the universe lost forever >>>> but how come this does not happen and the plane manages to get to its destination on earth ?

1. we can't consider the diameter of the earth here. because the plane isn't going around the diameter. instead the circumference.
2. the circumference of the earth is 25 000 miles.
3. The rotational speed of the earth is 1000 miles per hour. not 67 000 miles per hour.
4. the plane was once on the ground. if the ground is moving at 1000 miles per hour, then the plane too will be moving at that speed.
5. when the plane takes off, It's velocity with respect to the earth is 350 miles. at the moon, you would see a different speed. in a moving train, you would see a different speed. on mars, you would see a different speed. this is the reason why we have Galilean transformation to resolve these speed problems.
6. The plane manages to get to it's destination on earth the same way blood cells get to whatever destination they want to get in your body. despite how fast you move. think about it. if speed prevented things from getting where they wanted to go, why don't people get sick on fast cars? why do they get sick when the car speeds up or slows down?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
johnydon22:

Lol.. Most of these Moons are massive enough to achieve hydrostatic equilibrium under their own gravity...if they were orbitting the sun instead of planets, they would have been classified planets

After all planets are not primary source of waters but Comets and Asteroids probably..
That's like the simplest and most basic form of differentiating the 2. I have always pondered about that. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Osirimononaye(m): 12:51am On Feb 20, 2016
johnydon22:

Very true about the Magnetic field that is why i proposed a collision which is the only that should be powerful enough to severe Martian magnetic field that much..

Our collision with the body that formed our moon should not be as big as that Mars could have witnessed.

The body must have been nearly half the size of Mars to powerful enough to diminish the planets size, severe it's magnetic field and slice it's atmosphere leaving the water and possibly life forms on it at the mercy of Solar Wind like you rightly postulated.

The scar on Mars points towards a humongous collision..

I think understanding what really happened to the Red planet would give us incentive on how to prevent Earth from suffering such fate anytime soon..
ehhem bro show me how to make that Galilean telescope abeg
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 12:54am On Feb 20, 2016
Osirimononaye:

ehhem bro show me how to make that Galilean telescope abeg
i will soon.. will open a thread for it with pictorial depictions
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:38am On Feb 20, 2016
Now I must say;Verily,verily There's a war in here,Inasmuch as I believe in science,and also a christain,I don't they contradict each other but do compliment each other in some areas [these atheists here shoudn't fry me o].My fellow scientist,One thing that seems certain or is certain [It's a shame though] Is that NASA IS NOT TELLING US ALL THEY SEE/KNOW.I'm not saying this because of some crap hypothesis/insinuation by some 'earth-flaters'.I say this because there are better logical evidences out there on the internet other than their crap conspiracies,all the same,I wish for just one thing:NASA should be more frank and plain with us!
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Osirimononaye(m): 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
johnydon22:
i will soon.. will open a thread for it with pictorial depictions
ok bruh....let me know, coz am nt a nairaland addict *smiles*
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Jerryolumide(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
johnydon22:
Alright boss, i will open a thread on it soon and mention you!!
Menton me too please
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Jerryolumide(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
Dawdy:

Tell us how the apollo made it through the deadly van allen belt. If the moon landing is true, why has Nasa not returned to the moon since since 1969, with advence in technology? Assuming they went to the moon, and the earth was spinning 1000 mph, how did they manage to land in the same place they took off? Why hasn't Nasa shown the real picture of the earth from the space? Just CGI planet? Why hasn't Nasa shown the video of the spinning earth from the moon?
I tire o
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Jerryolumide(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
Teempakguy:
you first tell me how it's possible for a van allen belt to exist in a flat earth.
You are not arguing for a flat earth. this is the moon landing hoax conspiracy. which is another topic entirely.
So you're saying he's right
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
Jerryolumide:
So you're saying he's right
of course not.
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Jerryolumide(m): 9:37am On Feb 21, 2016
Teempakguy:
of course not.
OK?
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
LoJ:

This is exactly what I tried to demonstrate to him, in very simple mathematical terms. But I know the phenomenon Sukkot. grin grin
grin. The guy funny ehn........

1 Like

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Now I must say;Verily,verily There's a war in here,Inasmuch as I believe in science,and also a christain,I don't they contradict each other but do compliment each other in some areas [these atheists here shoudn't fry me o].My fellow scientist,One thing that seems certain or is certain [It's a shame though] Is that NASA IS NOT TELLING US ALL THEY SEE/KNOW.I'm not saying this because of some crap hypothesis/insinuation by some 'earth-flaters'.I say this because there are better logical evidences out there on the internet other than their crap conspiracies,all the same,I wish for just one thing:NASA should be more frank and plain with us!

Dude, come on. Listen to yourself. NASA is not the repository for all space knowledge. China, Russia, France and the ilk has been to space. Just last year, China landed Lunar Rovers on the room. Do you think they would not have seen any big difference between a flat earth and a spinning one

Don't believe bullshit bro.
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Dawdy(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
SirWere:

Dude, come on. Listen to yourself. NASA is not the repository for all space knowledge. China, Russia, France and the ilk has been to space. Just last year, China landed Lunar Rovers on the room. Do you think they would not have seen any big difference between a flat earth and a spinning one

Nobody has ever been to the space I tell you. If anyone claims to be, they should kindly show us video of the spinning earth. at least with time lapse camera. We are tired of CGI pictures/videos. Besides, why the Rusia satellite earth picture looks completely different from that of Nasa? Here is a link with 200 proofs that state convincingly and scientifically that earth is not a spinning ball. When you prove them all wrong, then I'll take you serious . orbit?http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html?m=1

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Dawdy(m): 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by ben1daEbiri(m): 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
SirWere:

I'm yet to get your point,c'mon,even a baby knows that NASA works for the US government and most of their discoveries are made confidential,and were necessary,used for selfish reasons,I'm not an earth-flater.Don't you ask yourself why the other countries that have launched rovers and modules not blow a loud horn on their discoveries!
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
Dawdy:

Nobody has ever been to the space I tell you. If anyone claims to be, they should kindly show us video of the spinning earth. at least with time lapse camera. We are tired of CGI pictures/videos. Besides, why the Rusia satellite earth picture looks completely different from that of Nasa? Here is a link with 200 proofs that state convincingly and scientifically that earth is not a spinning ball. When you prove them all wrong, then I'll take you serious .

So you think NASA cooked up a huge big conspiracy theory. But amazingly enough, Russia, Nasa's cold enemy bought into it. France, Germany, China, Japan also bought into this theory for..........what?

Also, you demanding they show you "proof" is quite stupid. A normal satellite is in Geo-syncrohnous orbit with its location. That means it rotates with the location it was placed. The alternative is to film the earth rotation on the moon.

But dude, the earth rotates very slowly (15 minutes for every 1 degree).

But wait a minute! Does a flat earth rotate?

And oh yeah, I've seen those flat earth link. It seems to me the person relies on emotion and over simplification to pass his message across. And if you want the scientific community to respond then don't bother: It's not their fault you choose to dwell in Ignorance.

1 Like

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
I'm yet to get your point,c'mon,even a baby knows that NASA works for the US government and most of their discoveries are made confidential,and were necessary,used for selfish reasons,I'm not an earth-flater.Don't you ask yourself why the other countries that have launched rovers and modules not blow a loud horn on their discoveries!

Sorry to burst your bubble but, NASA doesn't lie on Space discoveries. There has been huge collaborations between them and other countries. The International Space Station (ISS) is one of the benefits of this thing.

But say I'm wrong. Say NASA witholds information from us. My question is: Does this disprove their discoveries

@ The bolded, China launched a Lunar Rover last year and believe me, they took so many photos and videos. It's online if you wanna check.

The reason why NASA flaunts discoveries is because they're usually the first to discover them. Like the Gravitional waves. China is just starting to build an observatory for detecting them.

Besides, who no like swag gringrin

1 Like

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
SirWere:

Sorry to burst your bubble but, NASA doesn't lie on Space discoveries. There has been huge collaborations between them and other countries. The International Space Station (ISS) is one of the benefits of this thing.

But say I'm wrong. Say NASA witholds information from us. My question is: Does this disprove their discoveries

@ The bolded, China launched a Lunar Rover last year and believe me, they took so many photos and videos. It's online if you wanna check.

The reason why NASA flaunts discoveries is because they're usually the first to discover them. Like the Gravitional waves. China is just starting to build an observatory for detecting them.

Besides, who no like swag gringrin
And you think all these proves out there are mere conspiracies,take it or leave it,any person,firm,agency or organisation that works for/with the US government has a "skeleton[s]" in their closet,talking about the ISS,I Just laugh,how many people do the ISS accommodate,how long do they stay there?Are the countries directly/partially involved in space exploration equally represented...I can keep on asking and asking....
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Dawdy(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
SirWere:

So you think NASA cooked up a huge big conspiracy theory. But amazingly enough, Russia, Nasa's cold enemy bought into it. France, Germany, China, Japan also bought into this theory for..........what?

Also, you demanding they show you "proof" is quite stupid. A normal satellite is in Geo-syncrohnous orbit with its location. That means it rotates with the location it was placed. The alternative is to film the earth rotation on the moon.

But dude, the earth rotates very slowly (15 minutes for every 1 degree).

But wait a minute! Does a flat earth rotate?

And oh yeah, I've seen those flat earth link. It seems to me the person relies on emotion and over simplification to pass his message across. And if you want the scientific community to respond then don't bother: It's not their fault you choose to dwell in Ignorance.

Let me tell you, there is no way you can prove earth rotation without relying on Gravity. Untill now, no scientist in the world has been able to prove it. It remains unproven theory! So what is your point? According to your belief, Nasa has been to the moon, why not recording the moving earth then? Can't they go to the moon again?

We have been shown many videos of earth. none of them shows moving earth.
In all, cloud is always motionless.
None of them shows the so called thousands of satellites orbiting the earth. So who is deceiving who?
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
And you think all these proves out there are mere conspiracies,
**Sighs** I didn't take you for a conspiracy theorist
take it or leave it,any person,firm,agency or organisation that works for/with the US government has a "skeleton[s]" in their closet

Ok dude. I'm not here to defend the US
talking about the ISS,I Just laugh,[b]how many people do the ISS accommodate,how long do they stay there?[/b]Are the countries directly/partially involved in space exploration equally represented...I can keep on asking and asking....

What the Bleep? Dude, can you hear yourself? I present the ISS as proof that the United States is not the only one involved in Space exploration and you say this I
Damn, I've wasted MB.

1 Like

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
Dawdy:

Let me tell you, there is no way you can prove earth rotation without relying on Gravity. Untill now, no scientist in the world has been able to prove it. It remains unproven theory?
So what is your point? According to your believe, Nasa has been to the moon, why not recording the moving earth then? Can't they go to the moon again?

We have been shown many videos of earth videos. nine of them shows moving earth.
None of them shows the so called thousands of satellites orbiting the earth. So who is deceiving who?
Just listen to yourself. Gravity doesn't exist to you. I guess we're held to earth by the power of the mighty god Rawl with the moon and Sun rotating over us shey? I can't believe I took you serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
SirWere:

**Sighs** I didn't take you for a conspiracy theorist

Ok dude. I'm not here to defend the US

What the Bleep? Dude, can you hear yourself? I present the ISS as proof that the United States is not the only one involved in Space exploration and you say this I
Damn, I've wasted MB.
Do you ever read what you typeYou keep pinpointing on the ISS as a tangible proof,now it's very obvious you know very little about the ISS...Please use your phone's internet bro,or better still,use wikipedia and read/learn about the ISS,when your done,you come back and ponder about the points I raised earlier!
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Dawdy(m): 7:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
SirWere:
Just listen to yourself. Gravity doesn't exist to you. I guess we're held to earth by the power of the mighty god Rawl with the moon and Sun rotating over us shey? I can't believe I took you serious.

Go ahead and prove it.
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Jerryolumide(m): 6:51am On Feb 23, 2016
Dawdy:

Let me tell you, there is no way you can prove earth rotation without relying on Gravity. Untill now, no scientist in the world has been able to prove it. It remains unproven theory! So what is your point? According to your belief, Nasa has been to the moon, why not recording the moving earth then? Can't they go to the moon again?

We have been shown many videos of earth. none of them shows moving earth.
Gbam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brand New Sealed iPhone 13 Pro Max @ 550k / Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya / AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.