Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,151 members, 7,864,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari (1044 Views)

My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari / Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants / Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by prosperous13: 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said
the achievements of his administration would be
counted based on the number of Nigerians that
were moved out of poverty.
He said the economic focus of his administration
would ensure inclusive growth.
Buhari disclosed this in his opening remarks at a
presidential retreat organised by the Office of the
Secretary to the Government of the Federation
for ministers-designate.
The retreat held inside the old Banquet Hall of
the Presidential Villa, Abuja had “Delivering
Change: From precepts to practice” as its theme.
The President said all government officials
should count themselves privileged to have been
chosen among millions of their compatriots at
this time to be the instruments that will deliver
the change the ruling party promised.
While describing the work of restoration and
renewal as urgent and immense, Buhari
described Nigerians’ expectations as high.
He added that government officials’
determination to succeed and change the
fortunes of the country must be equal to the
challenge.
He said he was convinced that in accepting his
invitation to work for the nation, the ministers-
designate were also equally determined to take
part in what he described as a patriotic
undertaking.
The President said with the retreat as their first
official contact with the machinery of
government, of which they will soon be part of, it
is important that the ministers-designate are
fully acquainted with the direction and priorities
of the government so that all officials can move
together as a team.
Buhari said, “My election as President of this
country was hinged on my promise to tackle
corruption, insecurity and revive the economy.
“We have already taken deliberate measures to
plug leakages of government revenue and
resources. You all know the steps we have taken
to tackle Boko Haram. We have degraded them
and in desperation, they are resorting to attacks
on soft targets, killing innocent people.
“Diversification of the economy away from oil
will be a major focus of this government. We will
intervene in mining and agriculture and upgrade
the country’s physical and social infrastructure,
which will broaden our revenue base and
significantly improve the level of employment,
especially among the youth.
“Our economic focus will be policies that will
ensure inclusive growth and we will count our
achievements based on the number of Nigerians
we move out of poverty.
“The objective of this retreat is clearly reflected
in the choice of topics which you will be dealing
with during the sessions. The need for observing
the rule of law is being emphasised to ensure
that impunity is removed from government
conduct.
“You are coming on board the ship of
governance at an interesting time. So much has
been said about the state of our economy. It is
expected that we make the running of
government at all levels as lean as possible,
avoid waste and conserve resources. As
Ministers, you must be the vehicle that will
administer the change.”
Buhari said his administration’s main task was
to turn the party’s manifesto promises to
practice and results.

www.punchng.com/2015/11/4151

Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by benedictnsi(m): 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
Making too much ado about nothing
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by stepo707: 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
story story.you mean moved into poverty
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.........
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by malton: 2:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mr president, please start pointing fingers at what you have achieved than speak bare words to wounded persons. All that Nigerians need is a healing, a healer, not some hope giver! E don tey wey we don dey hear promises.

And as per the judgement, it has already begun...

Remember those who tweeted situation reports at you concerning your predecessor? On twitter, yes them. They are tweeting again, this time, to you and about you! Only this time, that they are getting fed up waiting.
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by Laitesmart(m): 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
benedictnsi:
Making too much adore about nothing

Haaahaa... Adore bawo? Tot it should be ado... Anyway... Oyinbo koro sha
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by nnachukz(m): 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
This sweet talk only worked wonders in the brains of your zombies during campaign, now most of them are getting wiser and the population of wailers keeps increasing daily. Everybody is not your zombie, just work and stop too much talking.
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by otil1: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
He read the speech that was written for him.

Buhari is totally bereft of ideas. Nothing. Just a korofo, old analogue one for that matter
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
Great decision...PMB

- "Our economic focus will be policies that will ensure inclusive growth and we will count our achievements based on the number of Nigerians
we move out of poverty." The former government threw so many Nigerians into poverty. I trust PMB would remove them in due course.

Sai Buhari wink
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by Sweetguy25: 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
Is this man living in wonderland?
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by benedictnsi(m): 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Laitesmart:

Haaahaa... Adore bawo? Tot it should be ado... Anyway... Oyinbo koro sha

No mind my me ooo.... My keywords prediction is faster than my finger tips
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by lorbah001(m): 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
Baba you are always a common man man,
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by omolami: 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
Will be judged for indollence
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by miqos02(m): 2:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
yes
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by moderation2020: 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
pmb is a market woman in a man's clothing talks to much talkative

Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by omolami: 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
Will be judged on the number of people retrenched, dismissed and forced to resign appointments.
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by omolami: 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
Will be judged on all the unfulfilled campaign promises and lies to garner votes at election.
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
Patiently waiting.........like dis

Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by wachakuta(m): 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
Ride on my Presido...
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by alcmene: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
Buhari do not have to tell us how his tenure will look like because we already know

Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by paulchucks: 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
wetin concern person wey get f9 for mathematics with prof chike obis almighty formular anybody expecting anything from this dullard is wasting his time I was discussing with one of my hausa neighbour a strong supporter of buhari old boy come see cursing I was dumbfolded as the man was showing his disappointment of this administration now I went to my bank to transfer fund no way for me even black market isolates people for fear of arrest now tell me how economy can improve even those educating abroad are in serious financial problem because of this even banks cant pay the money they borrowed abroad because no means to send them economy is crashing if not a dullard who else will think that preventing people from travelling with their hard earn money to buy goods at the airport will stop those that stole our money from moving them abroad many of those he is looking for did that immediately they lost election and many has connection here in Nigeria and neighbouring countries and can move anything they want even in our airports its we the ordinary masses that are affected by this useless economic policy some one told me and I agree that whenever this man come to power his motive is to make the rich poor and poor poorer check 1983 for example many have not recovered from the unannounced change of money and breaking into peoples warehouse to sell their goods at cheaper rate less than their cost price
Re: How My Administration Will Be Judged – Buhari by Okanokan(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
I just don't know where all this story -story will lead us to. Mr President, Nigeria is collapsing under your beat and earlier you react the better for Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

IJAW Should Replace Igbo As The Majority Since They Want Biafra.. / What's The Difference In Scenario Between Kogi And Taraba State Election! / Pastor Adeboye: "I Am Sure Mama Awolowo Is In Heaven"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.