Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal (3525 Views)

My Wife Sent Her Nude Photos To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta - Man Cries Out / Woman Who Wants To Marry Her Son's Friend In Gombe Sent To Prison / Woman Sent Husband To Prison After Selling His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Mutaino7(m): 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
A transgender woman who was sent to an male prison has lost her appeal against her three-month jail sentence.

Tara Hudson, 26, from Bath, was jailed and placed at HMP Bristol for 12 weeks after admitting assault. Her situation prompted a nationwide campaign – backed by thousands of supporters – and has gathered serious media momentum.During the appeal at Bristol Crown Court, the judge asked for consideration to be made by the court and prison service to where she will serve her sentence.

The Recorder of Bristol, Llewelyn Sellick, said Hudson had a ‘worrying criminal record’ which contained numerous offences. He added: “It is for the prison service and not the court to establish where a sentence should be served.”
More than a staggering 140,000 people have signed petitions asking her to be move to an all female prison, with supporters claiming she is in danger of sexual violence.

Hudson has had reconstructive surgery and has lived as a woman her whole adult life, but is still legally considered a man. The make-up artist was jailed last Friday after admitting to head-butting a barman in Bath, damaging his teeth, and magistrates said the assault – which came three weeks after she had been given a conditional discharge- was so serious that only custody could be justified.

She was sent to HMP Bristol, which holds around 600 men.

this is her abi him

1 Like

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Mutaino7(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Mutaino7(m): 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
Cc :pickabeau1, Timbuktou, coogar, TV01, Edwife................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
They 'maled' her by force

1 Like

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
He has always wanted to be a woman...lets c how she wud survive...she must play her role as a woman to those men since na womanhood hungry her/him

5 Likes

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Mutaino7(m): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
This era wey we dey so you just can't trust your eyes anymore....i can say boldly "straight people and gradually going extinct at least in the western part of this planet.. To gbogiri now nah wahala
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Mutaino7(m): 2:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
tendercharles:
They 'maled' her by force
cheesy wink wink wink wink grin grin
funny guy

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by cococandy(f): 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
Yes somehow I'm with them on this one.

If she's that strong to be attacking people anyhow while carrying on the softer appearance of womanhood then she shouldn't be in the women prison. She could seriously injure someone there.

That's how one other male-female transgender wanted to participate in an all-women fight.
How do they even think such things are fair?
Maybe they should move to have their own correctional facilities built since these things are becoming an issue everyday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by eyeview: 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Since he(abi she) can violently commit the crime of a man(shattering the teeth of a bar man with a single head butt),he(abi she) should serve in the prison of men.
But this is sad,I could have bet that this was a woman.
With the way the west is going,very soon a football team of men will be 'converted' to women and lined up to face and beat a team of real women. They'll have more strength,speed,stamina etc over the poor women.

As for this woman(abi na man),she(abi na he) won't come out alive from that jail

1 Like

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by pickabeau1: 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
cococandy:
Yes somehow I'm with them on this one.

If she's that strong to be attacking people anyhow while carrying on the softer appearance of womanhood then she shouldn't be in the women prison. She could seriously injure someone there.

That's how one other male-female transgender wanted to participate in an all-women fight .
How do they even think such things are fair?
Maybe they should move to have their own correctional facilities built since these things are becoming an issue everyday.

hahahahahahahaha
The emboldened made me laugh thereby forgiving my trespassers.
When she gets there, she would know how "real women" cope with male pressure.
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by TV01(m): 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mutaino7:
Cc :pickabeau1, Timbuktou, coogar, TV01, Edwife................
Although she is a he - I don't believe one can change sex, and gender is not a thing in my book - as he presents, he is not safe in a male prison.

Secial facilities appears to tbe the answer to this one - Transmale/female correctional units need to be extablished grin. We must see this folly through.

TV
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by coogar: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
TV01:

Although she is a he - I don't believe one can change sex, and gender is not a thing in my book - as he presents, he is not safe in a male prison.

Secial facilities appears to tbe the answer to this one - Transmale/female correctional units need to be extablished grin. We must see this folly through.

TV

i wonder why this made the news.
shim will not be the first vulnerable inmate in the prison system. they should put shim in ad-seg, abeg!
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by fr3do(m): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
Your own don finish
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Tay16(f): 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
They have given those male prisoners free meat o! Im sure they were tired of going for other guys' yanshes grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by JustOzito(f): 4:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
S/he shudnt complain
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by TV01(m): 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
coogar:
i wonder why this made the news.
shim will not be the first vulnerable inmate in the prison system. they should put shim in ad-seg, abeg!
Abi?

Transgenders are already catered for in prisons - and no surprises they are even given special priviliges. So much so, that lots of inmates were claiming transgender to benefit.

We shall see the end of this madness.

TV
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by coogar: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
TV01:

Abi?

Transgenders are already catered for in prisons - and no surprises they are even given special priviliges. So much so, that lots of inmates were claiming transgender to benefit.

TV

they get many privileges you start to wonder whether they are being punished for the crimes that sent them to prison.

they get single cell accommodation, separate toilet facilities & they get quality hormone therapy courtesy of the tax payers.

if shim still wants to complain, they should bring shim to kuje prison. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
TV, I guess she committed the crime ahead of her time.

However, I'm glad her foolishness hasn't infected Britain just yet. Make dem teach am humility for prison. I can just visualise her potential prisonmates salivating at them obvious possibilities. grin
Dat her rump go nearly less by the time she do nysc finish.

Coogar, if this no enter Kuje na suicide tins o. But all this talk I'm hearing about transgendered benefits is just grin grin. Edwife, one of those your timeless gifs will do here abeg.
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
I think in most states, you'd end up in the prison your genitals match up with. And they're provided their hormone pills as well (a generous overature, some would say). IMO, she should be sent to a female prison.

3 Likes

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by lilmax(m): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
grin grin grin grin its in for it

1 Like

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by flokii: 6:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
cheesy.
dem go too fvck her artificial kitty for dat prison...

she sef abi na he go regret her life
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by raumdeuter: 6:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
TV01:

Abi?

TV

One on TV recently a High school transgender insisted on using the female bathroom the school made his own changing room for shim but he insisted he was being discriminated against

US dept of education has insisted they allow him in the female shower room or the school district lose their funding
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by cococandy(f): 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
Apart from their drugs or medical consideration which benefits do they get? That's if they even get as much as they should.
Some have to go through various degrees of lobbying and oiling hands to get their basic hormone supplements.

Coogar you too like exaggeration sha. grin

In fact they are more prone to social ostracization, emotional torture (if not physical) and all sorts of hate crimes you can think of within prison walls.
Some of them end up dead from such attacks.

Pls stop making it look like they have it easy there.
coogar:

they get many privileges you start to wonder whether they are being punished for the crimes that sent them to prison.

they get single cell accommodation, separate toilet facilities & they get quality hormone therapy courtesy of the tax payers.

if shim still wants to complain, they should bring shim to kuje prison. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by coogar: 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
cococandy:
Apart from their drugs or medical consideration which benefits do they get? That's if they even get as much as they should.
Some have to go through various degrees of lobbying and oiling hands to get their basic hormone supplements.

Coogar you too like exaggeration sha. grin

In fact they are more prone to social ostracization, emotional torture (if not physical) and all sorts of hate crimes you can think of within prison walls.
Some of them end up dead from such attacks.

Pls stop making it look like they have easy there.

hahahaha!
cococandy, you are not watching sophia burset of orange is the new black. if a shim has already been taking hormone supplements before incarceration, the prison has to continue the process. it is shim's fundamental human right to have that medication.

ask around.....
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by PresVA: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
You permit a person to change himself into a woman yet won't allow 'her' do things women do... what's the need then?
Confused people undecided
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by cococandy(f): 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
coogar:

hahahaha!
cococandy, you are not watching sophia burset of orange is the new black. if a shim has already been taking hormone supplements before incarceration, the prison has to continue the process. it is shim's fundamental human right to have that medication.

ask around.....
Oh I've watched.
Yes in the movie it portrayed as so. And that's as it should be. (Even in the movie you see the problems she encountered) but that's a movie anyway.

in real life, if you don't have a strong lawyer to fight for you, you'll be seriously down before they do something about it. If they do.

Ask around? I did. That's how I know.
It was even one of the research assignments for my sociology class last quarter. So we talked to real life transsexuals. Not movie people.
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by coogar: 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
cococandy:

Oh I've watched.
Yes in the movie it portrayed as so. And that's as it should be. (Even in the movie you see the problems she encountered) but that's a movie anyway.

nothing in that TV show can happen in real life. the problems she encountered were all fictional.

in real life, if you don't have a strong lawyer to fight for you, you'll be seriously down before they do something about it. If they do.

i doubt a tranny would need a lawyer in the UK. american prison system is like a slave ship though. inmates are treated worse than animals there.

Ask around? I did. That's how I know.
It was even one of the research assignments for my sociology class last quarter. So we talked to real life transsexuals. Not movie people.

you spoke to a tranny?
did you take a selfie with shim?
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by edwife(f): 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
Timbuktou:
TV, I guess she committed the crime ahead of her time.

However, I'm glad her foolishness hasn't infected Britain just yet. Make dem teach am humility for prison. I can just visualise her potential prisonmates salivating at them obvious possibilities. grin
Dat her rump go nearly less by the time she do nysc finish.

Coogar, if this no enter Kuje na suicide tins o. But all this talk I'm hearing about transgendered benefits is just grin grin. Edwife, one of those your timeless gifs will do here abeg.

Lol Tim,i am out of stock. grin
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by cococandy(f): 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
Yes we did.

No selfies.

She wasn't a celebrity.

coogar:

nothing in that TV show can happen in real life. the problems she encountered were all fictional.

i doubt a tranny would need a lawyer in the UK. american prison system is like a slave ship though. inmates are treated worse than animals there.

you spoke to a tranny?
did you take a selfie with shim?
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by coogar: 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
cococandy:
Yes we did.

No selfies.

She wasn't a celebrity.

a tranny is already a celeb....
you missed a great opportunity.
Re: Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal by freecocoa(f): 10:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
AJCutie:
He has always wanted to be a woman...lets c how she wud survive...she must play her role as a woman to those men since na womanhood hungry her/him
l'm trying really hard to understand this comment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traditional Wedding And White/church Wedding Which Is More Important / My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal / How Can I Handle This Situation Maturedly:::: See Pix:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.