Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield (2189 Views)

Oshiohmole Is Trying To Annihilate Esan Nation ( Anenih) / Troops Annihilate Boko Haram Fighters In Marte, Recover Gpmgs(graphic Pic) / Seven Operations That Will Annihilate Boko Haram - Soe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by Tkester: 3:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
Despite the size of its military budget, the US Army isn’t as strong as one might think it is and it would certainly lose to the Russian Army in a direct confrontation on a battlefield, retired US Army Colonel Douglas Macgregor said, according to Politico Magazine.

The deployment of the US Army 2nd Cavalry Regiment from Germany to Hungary that was intended to scare Russia was a joke and it wouldn't help in a real-life fighting scenario, said Macgregor, who also holds a Ph.D. in international relations from the US Military Academy at West Point.

"This Stryker parade [the line of US military vehicles that drove from Germany to Hungary] won't fool anyone in Moscow," Macgregor said, adding that perhaps the Russians may not know how to do certain things well, but when it comes to fighting wars they're second to none.

US Army Europe Commander 'Astonished' by Russian Anti-ISIL Syria Campaign
Macgregor is a famous US war hero whose squadron destroyed an entire Iraqi Armored Brigade in 23 minutes, while suffering only one casualty, at the Battle of 73 Easting, a decisive tank fight during the Gulf War.
Later, reflecting on his famous victory, Macgregor said that if his military unit came to a face-to-face confrontation not with poorly-trained Iraqi soldiers, but with the Russians, his army would have been defeated.

"Defeated isn't the right word, the right word is annihilated," Macgregor told US military expert Mark Perry, according to Politico.

During his presentation at the US Congress in November of 2013, Macgregor compared the state of the US Army to a nine-passenger rowboat, in which "four would steer, three would call cadence and two would man the oars," according to Politico.

In other words, Macgregor said that the US Army is poorly organized or not well-trained, and if it had to face another army, equal in numbers and as technologically advanced, such the Russian or Chinese forces, on a conventional battlefield there is a high chance that US forces would be destroyed.

"Even if you increased the Army to 600,000 in its current form… it would still fail. That's the problem and, by the way, the Army knows it," the US military expert said, as cited by Politico.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151105/1029644333/us-army-will-be-defeated-by-russia-douglas-macgregor.html#ixzz3qcyl6aOk
Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by dammytosh: 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
Story.

Some politicians promoting republican.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by ALISMILE(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
I ve alws knwn dis. The US neva attacks any country capable of inflicting damages on dem!

1 Like

Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by Ovamboland(m): 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
dammytosh:
Story.

Some politicians promoting republican.

The aim is to bring a warmonger president to power in US, i laugh in crimean, Russia that was sorely afraid of US attack throughout the cold war. They know their own true capability, they will only chuckle at the guy massaging their ego.

How many square foot of territory has the Russian army retrieved from ISIS? they there dey deceive yourselff

5 Likes

Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by mikolo80: 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
this is what you get when you don't allow Airforce officers to make presentation
the us has never won a ground war
but no nation on earth can contest her air superiority
and that's what they'll use to poundthe commies
Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by emcykhalifa(m): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
I knew dis b4 now. Oh lord, pls grant my wish. Let US attack russia first. Enough of US hegemony.
Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by Fash20: 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
Tkester:
Despite the size of its military budget, the US Army isn’t as strong as one might think it is and it would certainly lose to the Russian Army in a direct confrontation on a battlefield, retired US Army Colonel Douglas Macgregor said, according to Politico Magazine.

The deployment of the US Army 2nd Cavalry Regiment from Germany to Hungary that was intended to scare Russia was a joke and it wouldn't help in a real-life fighting scenario, said Macgregor, who also holds a Ph.D. in international relations from the US Military Academy at West Point.

"This Stryker parade [the line of US military vehicles that drove from Germany to Hungary] won't fool anyone in Moscow," Macgregor said, adding that perhaps the Russians may not know how to do certain things well, but when it comes to fighting wars they're second to none.

US Army Europe Commander 'Astonished' by Russian Anti-ISIL Syria Campaign
Macgregor is a famous US war hero whose squadron destroyed an entire Iraqi Armored Brigade in 23 minutes, while suffering only one casualty, at the Battle of 73 Easting, a decisive tank fight during the Gulf War.
Later, reflecting on his famous victory, Macgregor said that if his military unit came to a face-to-face confrontation not with poorly-trained Iraqi soldiers, but with the Russians, his army would have been defeated.

"Defeated isn't the right word, the right word is annihilated," Macgregor told US military expert Mark Perry, according to Politico.

During his presentation at the US Congress in November of 2013, Macgregor compared the state of the US Army to a nine-passenger rowboat, in which "four would steer, three would call cadence and two would man the oars," according to Politico.

In other words, Macgregor said that the US Army is poorly organized or not well-trained, and if it had to face another army, equal in numbers and as technologically advanced, such the Russian or Chinese forces, on a conventional battlefield there is a high chance that US forces would be destroyed.

"Even if you increased the Army to 600,000 in its current form… it would still fail. That's the problem and, by the way, the Army knows it," the US military expert said, as cited by Politico.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151105/1029644333/us-army-will-be-defeated-by-russia-douglas-macgregor.html#ixzz3qcyl6aOk
how does this junk affect the price of garri and kulikuli in the market.

2 Likes

Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by acenazt: 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
This shit is real or mind tricks.
Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by Lucasbalo(m): 12:04am On Dec 19, 2015
Fash20:
how does this junk affect the price of garri and kulikuli in the market.
Gbam. The guy Tekster is a failure and never do well who wants another third world war because his life amounts to nothing. That's why he's always posting all this crap.

2 Likes

Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by Tkester: 12:39am On Dec 19, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Gbam. The guy Tekster is a failure and never do well who wants another third world war because his life amounts to nothing. That's why he's always posting all this crap.

gay monkey, I hope you've got many gay friends in Chicago wacking your ass. Please leave me, I hate gays.
Idio.t!
Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by ifyan(m): 12:57am On Dec 19, 2015
Hmmm, l think he his trying to be funny.

But come to think of it USA has never won any war without it puppet since after the cold war
Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by fistonati(m): 1:16am On Dec 19, 2015
Another diplomatic jamz from an American
Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by Lucasbalo(m): 1:56am On Dec 19, 2015
Tkester:

gay monkey, I hope you've got many gay friends in Chicago wacking your ass. Please leave me, I hate gays.
Idio.t!
You should know about being gay since no one will marry your ugly self. Poverty encrusted brain of yours will die a sorrowful death in your despicable third world, mosquitoes and rats infested village. I put the pic of one of my daughters on my profile. Where is your family ?. Subhuman mongrel.

2 Likes

Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by Tkester: 2:28am On Dec 19, 2015
Lucasbalo:
I know about being gay since no one will marry my ugly self. Poverty encrusted brain of mine will die a sorrowful death in my despicable third world, mosquitoes and rats infested village. I put the pic of one of the girls I raped on my profile. Subhsn mongrel.
Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:25am On Dec 19, 2015
If this news is true,he is definately playing mind games.
Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:52am On Dec 19, 2015
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by Lordave: 7:32am On Dec 19, 2015
Ovamboland:

The aim is to bring a warmonger president to power in US, i laugh in crimean, Russia that was sorely afraid of US attack throughout the cold war. They know their own true capability, they will only chuckle at the guy massaging their ego.

How many square foot of territory has the Russian army retrieved from ISIS? they there dey deceive yourselff
My brother, your head dey there!

Leave all these Russian wankers make dem dey deceive themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by ValerianSteel(m): 12:27am On Dec 20, 2015
Ovamboland:

Exactly bro,Russia began airstrikes in Syria in September.Since then till now,ISIS still holds possession of about 35% of Syrian territory,both the Russian aerospace forces and the Syrain Army ground troops have been unable to flush ISIS out of their strongholds.

1 Like

Re: Pentagon Expert Says Russians Would ‘Annihilate’ US on Battlefield by mikolo80: 2:44am On Dec 20, 2015
I agree,the Us army would are a bunch of sissies but their corporate Will send Russia back into the Ice age.

(1) (Reply)

‘the Untold Story Of How Female Gospel Singer Died In My Hotel Room’ – Pst. Okpe / Soldiers Serving In Abuja To Vacate Guards Brigade Accommodation. / How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.