Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. (1671 Views)

Jonathan Latest Message On Facebook And People's Reactions / South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. / GEJ's FB Post On The Current Sate Of The Nations Security, And People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by mascherra(m): 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
NIGER DELTA YOUTH LEADERS COUNCIL [NDYLC]
!!!!!!!!!! MEDIA ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
POINT OF ORDER! SOUTH-SOUTH ZONE IS NOT BIAFRA LAND.
In furtherance of our inalienable RIGHT to Freedom of Expression and to Hold opinion as enshrined in Chapter 39(1) of the constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria which is adequately in conformity with Article 19 of the International Convention on Civil & Political Rights, and that of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, we raise the following points of order as an intellectual factored platform for social integration, advocacy and exchange of ideas.
1. We wish to strongly and vociferously forewarn our Igbo neighbors (youths) especially the coliseum of diabolic scheming promoters of Radio Biafra and the brainwashed supporters of IPOB within and outside the south-south that the entire landmass of the zone is fully under the allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and therefore cannot be linked with anything contending as Biafra Republic. According to records captured by the 2006 national census, the south east zone has a population of 16,381,729 as compared with 21,014,655 population of the south south zone, 27,511,992 for south west and 35,786,944 for North West. Then how can a zone with more population, more landmass, more political prospects, more material and natural resources, more tourism potential etc whose about 96% its people are living in the area be subsumed and submerged by a landlocked zone whose people are continuously on migration with just about 45% of the population residing in their area. The south south geopolitical zone despite sharing some similarities in culture and religion with the Ibo tribe cannot be annexed with deceptive a Biafra map or forced to kowtow to the perpetually uncertain pursuit of a diluted sovereignty of separate nation. For your information, the zone is a multi-tribe and inhabited by rich and powerful ethnic nationalities with long and ancient histories far exceeding the chronology of Igbo existence, including Efik, Bekwarra, Ejagham tribes in Cross River State, Urhobo, Itekiri, Isoko tribe in Delta State, Ijaw (Izon) across four states, Ishan, Estako, Otuo, Igbirra tribes in Edo State, Ibibio, Annag, Oron in Akwa Ibom State, Ikwerre, Ogoni, Etche, Ogba, tribes in Rivers State etc. The ancient Bini Kingdom was noted to be a rich land in commerce, culture and power, and one of the fore-most centers of trade between black Africa and Europeans along the West coast in the 15th century, and in 1897 the Kingdom rejected to grant a permit for the British Government to send delegation to the palace of the Oba of Benin. The famous Warri kingdom, King Jaja of Opobo, amadioha shrine in Ozuzu Etche, Nana Olomu of Ebrohim recorded as a very powerful trader with the British by early 18th century are all part of the rich history of the south-south zone, the British colonial government even inaugurated the Mongo Park House in Asaba in 1886, built by Royal Niger Company (RNC) and served as an administrative headquarter. As a group, we are also mindful of the reality that black Africa is constituted by majority and minority tribes that cut across all the Countries. E.g, the Benin Republic with eight million population has over 40 tribes, and Tanzania with 38 million populations is constituted by 120 dissimilar ethnic nationalities. Other major tribes sharing Countries in Africa includes, Nguni tribe in South Africa with over 25 million people, Bakongo tribe that cuts across Congo Brazzaville Congo DR AngolaCentral African Republic, Akhan tribe in Ghana with about 15 million people, Fula tribe in Sudan-Sahel, Shona tribe in Zimbabwe, Amhara and Oromo tribes in Ethiopia have more than 10 million population, yet they cohabit in shared countries. We are also aware of other notable minority tribes with population not exceeding eight million, eg. the kikuyu tribe in Kenya, Sotho tribe in South Africa, Ewe tribe in Ghana, Tiv, Kanuri Ijaw, Efik, Idoma tribes in Nigeria, and every tribe is co-habiting in peace, tranquility and harmony with others, then why the sudden Biafra tuzzle?
2. NDYLC in very strong terms condemn the audaciously nauseating protest carried out in three major streets of Port Harcourt on Tuesday 21st October, 2015 by bunch of unrelated jobless miscreants masquerading as IPOB members, to the extent of pulling down the NIGERIAN FLAG, a sacred symbol of our national unity. By stint of unpleasant historic irony, the disconnected rambling of IPOB members who were fed with palatable dish of lies and falsehood does not only amount to insult, letdown and look down on indigenous people of 18 distinct ethnic nationalities of the state, but further invokes extant archetypical misplacement and misrepresentation of a justifiable cause of industrious and illustrious lineage of Igbo tribe. The indecorous and hypocritical treasonable act of misconduct in form of protest and confrontation in the heart of south south zone is nothing short of exercise of spurious sense of moribund ideological syntheses and ragtag agitation. The psychotic daring by white-washed members and supporters of IPOB with bizarre brutishness has revealed a new dimension of traceries of social disorder, but the fissiparous contention we beg to defy till another day.
3. The war has been fought and gone for good 45 years ago, but the most important thing is for Ibo youths between 15-45 years age bracket to learn from the past. The Bible stressed that wisdom is the principal thing and in all thy getting, get understanding. The past may have gone, but the reality of the future is deeply embedded in its roots. The Ibo youth must spurn any act of omission or negligence that may instigate or incite re-occurrence of grievous errors and misapplication of common sense of the past, and in the long run history must not be allowed to repeat itself again. My Ibo brothers must know that the so called foreign supporters cum imperialists that secretly fuel their agitations are crafty impostors whose only interest in the issue is to sell their out dated weapons and ammunitions, and nothing could be further from the truth. Wiston Churchhill wrote that those who refuse to be guided by the radar of history shall eventually be thrown out by the rocks, while Samuel Smiles posited that the strength of a nation depends on the character of the people. It is on the premise of the foregoing that we make bold to recount that on 10th January 1970, the acclaimed head of Biafra nation, Lt Col. Chukwuemeka Odimegu Ojukwu at the point of abandoning the fight and fleeing to Ivory Coast, Ojukwu handed over the remnants of power to Maj. Gen Phillip Effiong a south southerner, not to an Igbo man. Truth is always bitter but it redeems and heals with time. Maj Gen Effiong, Lt Col David Ogunewe, Lt. Col Patrick Anwura, Lt. Col. Patrick Amadi and Chief Patrick Okeke formally surrendered to federal military government led by Gen Yakubu Gowon. The team officially proclaimed the end of the secession and accepted the administrative structure and system of Nigerian Government, and before signing the surrender paper on 14th of January 1970 in Lagos, Maj Gen Effiong said that they (Biafra soldiers) fought for and defended a cause which they realized and further where convinced must stop, as to put an end to the pains misery and sufferings of the people, that was 45years ago.
4. The main problem with the structure and system of government and governance in Nigeria is poverty, unemployment, insecurity and corruption, and not disintegration or secession. Another problem of Nigeria is the outcome of Berlin Conference held in Germany in 1884-1885, the European imperialists gathered and partitioned among themselves countries in Africa, and the resultant effect in Nigeria was the forceful amalgamation of Northern and Southern protectorates in 1914 by Lord Fredrick Lugard. It was reported that one of the British official involved in the conference revealed that all what they did in the conference was to take a blue pencil and ruler and drew a line from old Calabar to Yola, a place they were yet to set their foot on and this was what compounded and confounded our problems. David Brooks a writer with New York Times wrote that we work hard to cram our lives into legible narratives but we live in the fog of reality, while John F. Kennedy, former USA President posited that in the final analysis, our common link is that we all inhabit this small planet, we breathe the same air, we all cherish our children’s future, and we are all mortal. We are also aware that Nigeria is only the giant of Africa in population and not in landmass, Algeria, DRC, Sudan, Libya, Chad, Niger, Angola, Mali, South Africa etc are all more than double of Nigeria in landmass. We are unflinchingly convinced that there is nothing wrong with composition of Nigeria; the only problem is leadership failures and followership follies. The youths of Ibo land must know that Nigeria was the highest exporter of palm oil and groundnut, and second highest exporter of cocoa in the whole world in 1960, and the E5million pounds used to construct the Niger bridge that links south south through Asaba to the South East zone in 1965 did not come from crude oil.
5. The promoters of the contradictory and metaphoric Radio Biafra must know and realize that their embedded quest and conquest for Biafra Republic amounts to antidemocratic and convoluted logic that has transcended from treasonable offence to arrant blasphemy. What on earth is chukwu abiama? And what has it to do with the struggle for Biafra? Why have the youth falling so cheap to deceptive splurge of sophistic rhetoric packaged by British citizens who claim to belong to Biafra. What is the educative content and corporate social obligation of Radio Biafra? What is the psycho balance and mental gauge of the promoters of Radio Biafra? Why has the Ibo youth jettisoned the ideology of great Zik of Africa? Why use derogatory words like pedophile, Zoo republic in an open air broadcast. What then happens to the Igbo presidency in 2019?
To be continued
• Nigeria is our heritage, build & don’t destroy it.
Signed.
Com (Engr) Japhet A.C Ogbueri, ACAI
National President, NDYLC Worldwide.
- See more at: http://www.ireporteronline.com/p10712_media-alert-point-of-order-south-south-zone-is-not-biafra-land-ndylc#sthash.631cT5dx.fFe8khlI.dpuf
Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by owobokiri(m): 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
Another oblong-headed ijiot on steroids..

1 Like

Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
I didn't read it
Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by Twill92: 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
can someone read and give 3lines summary pls... thanks as we patiently wait for the summary cos ino fit read am....
Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by gab264(m): 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
We are expecting more of this, especially after our 20 million marchgringringringrin

Okorocha is not speaking for the Igbo
south east governors are not speaking for the igbos.

South south groups does not speak for the entire region, whether they support or dissociate from the struggle.
Every citizen of Biafra have the rigth for self freedom.
And it can be achieved through "referendum"
All this nonsense and paid groups shoulders go and seat down.
Probably when they see the multitude that will be marching tommorw, then they can go and stop if they've get the nerves idiot.

Anyway below is a comment by our brother from IPOB Facebook page

Biafrachuks AbiamaI
Might Die Tomorrow , If Nigerian Police Interferes With Our Protest , But I Promise You My Fellow Biafrans of, delta, bayelsa, akwaibon, cross rivers, rivers, imo, abia, anambra, enugu, and ebonyi, that i will die with atleast 50 nigerians . i am sorrowful right now , because i know buhari will come to intimidate us , but i swear with my blood, i will be on hand to dispel any form of intimidation from the nigerian govt. May My Soul Rest In Peace…
Biafra or death....……

2 Likes

Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by EdCure: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
Chaaiii! Biafrauds don suffer. cheesy
These guys get bad mouth no be small. The whole write-up is loaded with death knells - no dulling grin

Trust my South South brothers to deploy the most lethal material and acerbic arsenal with ruthless efficiency when provoked.
We take no prisoner! grin

1 Like

Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by IGBOSON1: 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
EdCure:
These guys get bad mouth no be small. The whole write-up is loaded with death knells - no dulling grin

Trust my South South brothers to deploy the most lethal material and acerbic arsenal with ruthless efficiency when provoked.

^^^'South South' me black dick!

Speak only for your specific ethnic group you fool!

5 Likes

Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by Ikengawo: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
The south south of Nzeogwu? or this south south

Unless your 'south south' is more 'south south' than PH?

3 Likes

Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by EdCure: 8:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
owobokiri:
Another oblong-headed ijiot on steroids..
:-/
What on earth is chukwu abiama?
grin
Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by Ikengawo: 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
Rivers

Asaba

1 Like

Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
According to a UN resolution in 2014, any group of persons who feels uncomfortable in the polity in which they find themselves, can constitute a council of elders and demand their freedom. Scotland asked for a referendum from Britain to be free, which was granted. Some people erroneously believe that Nigeria is indivisible. If SOVIET UNION could fall, by the grace of Almighty God, Nigeria will fall soonest!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by Liamm(m): 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
EdCure:

yorubastard idiot. You keep sniffing Nairaland for threads that won't add anything to your life. 0femmanu - filled brain of an imbeciIe

3 Likes

Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by EdCure: 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^'South South' me black dick!
Speak only for your specific ethnic group you fool!

:-/
"Wisdom is the principal thing. In all thy getting, get understanding".

The above quote is sufficient for your lecturing. But, unfortunately, wisdom, commonsense and understanding have been proved to be the scarcest commodity among you biafridiots.
History is sure to repeat itself with ultra-dafts like you.
Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by EdCure: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
Liamm:
yorubastard idiot. You keep sniffing Nairaland for threads that won't add anything to your life. 0femmanu-filled brain of an imbeciIe

Here is a line from the post you're too daft to comprehend...
We make bold to state the fact; The acclaimed leder of biafraland, Col. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, at the point of abandoning the fight and fleeing to Ivory Coast..."

Indeed, the strenght of a nation depend on the character of its people.
Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by sammyj: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
The summary of its all is that biafra is a fraud that must not cone near SS !!! grin
Twill92:
can someone read and give 3lines summary pls... thanks as we patiently wait for the summary cos ino fit read am....

1 Like

Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by ruudboie(m): 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
gab264:
We are expecting more of this, especially after our 20 million marchgringringringrin

Okorocha is not speaking for the Igbo
south east governors are not speaking for the igbos.

South south groups does not speak for the entire region, whether they support or dissociate from the struggle.
Every citizen of Biafra have the rigth for self freedom.
And it can be achieved through "referendum"
All this nonsense and paid groups shoulders go and seat down.
Probably when they see the multitude that will be marching tommorw, then they can go and stop if they've get the nerves idiot.

Anyway below is a comment by our brother from IPOB Facebook page

Biafrachuks AbiamaI
Might Die Tomorrow , If Nigerian Police Interferes With Our Protest , But I Promise You My Fellow Biafrans of, delta, bayelsa, akwaibon, cross rivers, rivers, imo, abia, anambra, enugu, and ebonyi, that i will die with atleast 50 nigerians . i am sorrowful right now , because i know buhari will come to intimidate us , but i swear with my blood, i will be on hand to dispel any form of intimidation from the nigerian govt. May My Soul Rest In Peace…
Biafra or death....……

get a life bro
Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by Liamm(m): 4:19am On Nov 06, 2015
EdCure:

Here is a line from the post you're too daft to comprehend...

Indeed, the strenght of a nation depend on the character of its people.
otele gbagbuo kwa gi ebe a. Better you focus on the Fulani herdsmen that keep ravaging your South West yorubastard region and raping your mothers and daughters rather than meddling on issues that have got absolutely nothing to do with you cursed mofos
Re: South South Land And People Not Part Of Biafra. by EdCure: 11:46am On Nov 06, 2015
Liamm:
Better you focus on the Fulani herdsmen that keep ravaging your South West yorubastard region and raping your mothers and daughters rather than meddling on issues that have got [...]
You biafridiots like living in denial. Keep focused on the Yorubas while the herdsmen from hell seize your communities, kill your men and rape your women.

www.nairaland.com/2713706/fulani-herdsman-hoist-flag-abia

You must be one of the displaced and dispossessed destitutes.

(1) (Reply)

Pics:See What Sampson Siasia Did With U-23 Championship Cup At TREM Church Lagos / Video Of Inec Staff Threatening Apc Thugs In Southern Ijaw / Wasteful And Suspicious Item On The 2016 Budget- Budgit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.