Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video (4181 Views)

Young Nigerian Airforce Officer Dies In Accident (Photos) / Africa's Top 10 Airforce Power- Nigeria Absent / AirForce Personnel Begin Training In Kaduna To Sharpen Their Skills. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by CSTR2: 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by CSTR2: 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
The most sophisticated and expensive fighter jet in the world, the American Northrop grumann B-2 Nuclear stealth bomber carrying out strategic carpet bombing.
Beautiful video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvy76nXOx2Y

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by CSTR2: 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
God bless America.

1 Like

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Lucasbalo(m): 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
CSTR2:
God bless America.
Amen to that but I am one American who is not happy with all the money being spent on war machines.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by CSTR2: 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Amen to that but I am one American who is not happy with all the money being spent on war machines.
Russia and china have increased thier military spending. It would be very dangerous for America to cut budgets now.
So many enemies and so many strategic interests to protect, and the protection of democracy.
Americans would just have to see huge military spending as a necessary evil.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Lucasbalo(m): 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
CSTR2:
Russia and china have increased thier military spending. It would be very dangerous for America to cut budgets now.
So many enemies and so many strategic interests to protect, and the protection of democracy.
Americans would just have to see huge military spending as a necessary evil.
You are right but none of those two countries dare attack the mighty US. There are lots of stuff the defence budget could help now in US. I don't mean cut it all off , but at least by 20% to 30%. A lots of this military hardwares are just rusting away. I belong to a Peace Movement in Chicago. You can understand where I am coming from after witnessing what my two nephews who went to Iraq/Afghanistan war.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Omololu007(m): 11:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
CSTR2:
The most sophisticated and expensive fighter jet in the world, the American Northrop grumann B-2 Nuclear stealth bomber carrying out strategic carpet bombing.
Beautiful video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvy76nXOx2Y

^^
"Why is humanity, instead of entering a truly human state, […] sinking into a new kind of barbarism?

How did 'progress' morph into its opposite: death and destruction?

How and why did ‘enlightenment’ collapse into the regress of reason?"
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by CSTR2: 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
Lucasbalo:
You are right but none of those two countries dare attack the mighty US. There are lots of stuff the defence budget could help now in US. I don't mean cut it all off , but at least by 20% to 30%. A lots of this military hardwares are just rusting away. I belong to a Peace Movement in Chicago. You can understand where I am coming from after witnessing what my two nephews who went to Iraq/Afghanistan war.
Deterence is the game here. Those hardwares you think are rusting away are serving as deterrence.
You think they can't attack the US? Don't be so sure.
I also hope you know the US is responsible for the defence of a number of a countries. And it all costs money.
Anyway, I understand. I am sure reducing defence related corruption, project inflation and stopping many unnecessary defence projects would cut down overhead cost.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by CSTR2: 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
imhotep:

^^
"Why is humanity, instead of entering a truly human state, […] sinking into a new kind of barbarism?

How did 'progress' morph into its opposite: death and destruction?

How and why did ‘enlightenment’ collapse into the regress of reason?"
I like your idealism.
Unfortunately the Russians disagree.
Which is why America must be always be 10 steps ahead, concentrating some of the brilliant minds on earth into the creation of unmatchable deadly weapons.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 06, 2015
CSTR2:
I like your idealism.
Unfortunately the Russians disagree.
Which is why America must be always be 10 steps ahead, concentrating some of the brilliant minds on earth into the creation of deadly weapons.

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Missy89(f): 12:20am On Nov 06, 2015
cool

2 Likes

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Lucasbalo(m): 2:59am On Nov 06, 2015
CSTR2:
Deterence is the game here. Those hardwares you think are rusting away are serving as deterrence.
You think they can't attack the US? Don't be so sure.
I also hope you know the US is responsible for the defence of a number of a countries. And it all costs money.
Anyway, I understand. I am sure reducing defence related corruption, project inflation and stopping many unnecessary defence projects would cut down overhead cost.
I get that part of deterence but attacking US is not in play with China and Russia because they know the result will be catastrophic. With the enormous wastes in the Defense budget, I still believe 10% to 20% can eliminated. What about maintaining military bases in remote parts of the globe where American interests are not in play. Let those countries defend themselves. What do America get for defending those countries ?. I am getting to be an Isolationist . Tired of America intervention in other parts of the World. We can't be the World policeman. I am all for America defending herself . I live in a concealed and carry State (Illinois) and I have FOI (Firearms Owner Identification Card) and I protect myself and family with a Glock 45 . I say this to say I believe in defending my family and that's the same thing I want for America. Defend America and leave Middle East alone. That part of the world is God Forgotten Area.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Lucasbalo(m): 3:02am On Nov 06, 2015
Missy89:
cool

You are damn right, the eagles keep soaring. God bless the home of the brave and land of the free.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by OAUTemitayo: 3:09am On Nov 06, 2015
An air force good only for attacking weak countries. Try using them in Russia and see them blown to pieces Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Phame: 3:14am On Nov 06, 2015
Missy89:
cool
@cstr2 ,ain't we done with this yet?

1 Like

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:17am On Nov 06, 2015
B52 are scams they have outgunned and outperformed my Russian Sukhoi

1 Like

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 06, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
B52 are scams they have outgunned and outperformed my Russian Sukhoi

What's with the pro-Russian sentiment on here??
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:32am On Nov 10, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

What's with the pro-Russian sentiment on here??

You disagree?
Even Americans agree that Russians are better at building planes/jet fighters & ballistic missiles.

But it is a fact ,that the sukhoi is better than any American jet fighter

1 Like

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Nobody: 3:49am On Nov 10, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

You disagree?
Even Americans agree that Russians are better at building planes/jet fighters & ballistic missiles.

u and that fool called shymmex wont stop licking putin's arse no matter how bad it stinks. smh

1 Like

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by mazeltov(m): 4:55am On Nov 10, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
An air force good only for attacking weak countries.
Try using them in Russia and see them blown to pieces
Nonsense
same as russia too can't dare us
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:11am On Nov 10, 2015
searching4loove:

u and that fool called shymmex wont stop licking putin's arse no matter how bad it stinks. smh

Bring facts to counter what I said ....I hope you know your Americans masters are closing their F35 program, which is too expensive, not fast enough and guess what can't not communicate with other planes making it very ineffective
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by mazeltov(m): 5:17am On Nov 10, 2015
B-2 spirit bomber is not the best yet no bomber in the world can dethrone it. I am waiting for the production of B-3/LRS-B [long Range strike bomber] and SR-72 jet. That is when you will know who calls the shot in the sky even Russian Tupolev-160 as the biggest bomber in the world but not as sophisticated as B-2 spirit.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 10, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

You disagree?

Well, I've been audience to plenty a debate and discourse on that, but I wouldn't argue a stance myself - its not my forte. I'm more interested in the phenomenon of pro-Russian sentiment on here. You said, "my Sukhoi". Military capabilities aside, [seemingly blind] support for Russia is a running theme on here, even to the point of attached possession. Maybe I'm biased, but I find it curious.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Shymm3x: 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
Your air force is as good as the air defence system you're going against.

How all these beautiful and shinning toys would be able to evade the Russian radar and complex multi-layered air defence system is a mystery to me. And can the fighter jets even get a decisive victory in dogfights against the Russian equivalents which have better maneuverability/pilots?

Great against defenceless countries, but against a global power, they'll all drop faster than the birds affected by climate change.

The only area the US can claim "superiority" is the navy, due to its reach. However, even that's debatable with all the anti-ship missiles, torpedoes, and quiet subs the Russians have. Enjoy ya propaganda.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by mazeltov(m): 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
Shymm3x:
Your air force is as good as the air defence system you're going against.

How all these beautiful and shinning toys would be able to evade the Russian radar and complex multi-layered air defence system is a mystery to me. And can the fighter jets even get a decisive victory in dogfights against the Russian equivalents which have better maneuverability/pilots?

Great against defenceless countries, but against a global power, they'll all drop faster than the birds affected by climate change.

The only area the US can claim "superiority" is the navy, due to its reach. However, even that's debatable with all the anti-ship missiles, torpedoes, and quiet subs the Russians have. Enjoy ya propaganda.
haaaaa!!! Uncle shymm3x.
Point of correction!! Russia uses surface-to-air missile defense system ''SAM'' such as S-300, S-400 'growler' and currently upgrading S-400 to S-500 and all these are not multi-layered and invading Russian Air defense is possible but difficult altough America has a ''flight'' that can easily evade Russian's Air defence without being noticed. Thank me later
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Shymm3x: 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
mazeltov:
haaaaa!!! Uncle shymm3x.
Point of correction!! Russia uses surface-to-air missile defense system ''SAM'' such as S-300, S-400 'growler' and currently upgrading S-400 to S-500 and all these are not multi-layered and invading Russian Air defense is possible but difficult altough America has a ''flight'' that can easily evade Russian's Air defence without being noticed. Thank me later

Thank you for what? For obtuse propaganda? - hysterical.

I bet you have never heard about the Pantsir S-1, no?

And what's an air defence with three layers of different air defence systems called, if it isn't multi-layered?
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by mazeltov(m): 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
Shymm3x:

Thank you for what? For obtuse propaganda? - hysterical.

I bet you have never heard about the Pantsir S-1, no?

And what's an air defence with three layers of different air defence systems called, if it isn't multi-layered?
Lwkmd, you meanPantsir-1 ''greyhound' Nato code name? Lol well, to some extent, you are right. At least, as Pantsir S-1 is serving as short/medium Surface-to-air missile against low flying objects, S-400/growler will be serving as long SAM too. Even at that, they can still be beaten.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by Shymm3x: 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
mazeltov:
Lwkmd, you meanPantsir-1 ''greyhound' Nato code name? Lol well, to some extent, you are right. At least, as Pantsir S-1 is serving as short/medium Surface-to-air missile against low flying objects, S-400/growler will be serving as long SAM too. Even at that, they can still be beaten.

Err...like I told the other chic that works for a company connected to Langley last week, if all you've is propaganda - it's always better to stay away from my posts. I can't stop folks from earning their wages, but I know more than enough about military and history, to allow folks disturb me with propaganda. However, you can post it to other folks.

That said, how can they be beaten? Also, in a world as competitive as this one, and where espionage is paramount...I believe there should be cases of US air force "beating" Russia air defence, no? How about cite examples where this has happened? I bet you don't know that Russia started integrated air defences, where different air defence systems are integrated to attack over different distances. And they have the most complex air defence on the planet.

Also, can you please list all the superiority jets the US has in its inventory and let's look at the Russian equivalent vis-a-vis US air defence and Russian air defence.

P.S: I don't want porky pies similar to the propaganda about how stealthy the fancy F-117 Nighthawk was, till it got shot down in Yugoslavia by an obsolete SAM.
Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Well, I've been audience to plenty a debate and discourse on that, but I wouldn't argue a stance myself - its not my forte. I'm more interested in the phenomenon of pro-Russian sentiment on here. You said, "my Sukhoi". Military capabilities aside, [seemingly blind] support for Russia is a running theme on here, even to the point of attached possession. Maybe I'm biased, but I find it curious.
I meant by ..the post was full of typo I was too lazy to correct ....

1 Like

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by mazeltov(m): 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Shymm3x:

Err...like I told the other chic that works for a company connected to Langley last week, if all you've is propaganda - it's always better to stay away from my posts. I can't stop folks from earning their wages, but I know more than enough about military and history, to allow folks disturb me with propaganda. However, you can post it to other folks.

That said, how can they be beaten? Also, in a world as competitive as this one, and where espionage is paramount...I believe there should be cases of US air force "beating" Russia air defence, no? How about cite examples where this has happened? I bet you don't know that Russia started integrated air defences, where different air defence systems are integrated to attack over different distances. And they have the most complex air defence on the planet.

Also, can you please list all the superiority jets the US has in its inventory and let's look at the Russian equivalent vis-a-vis US air defence and Russian air defence.

P.S: I don't want porky pies similar to the propaganda about how stealthy the fancy F-117 Nighthawk was, till it got shot down in Yugoslavia by an obsolete SAM.
please save me the epistle. American made Patriot missile MIM-104D has also shot down Russian 5th generation jet Sukhoi SU-24 when it entered Isreali air space and also shot dowm two Hama UAV in operation.
lolzzz, honestly I can't stop laughing. I admire your premeditated come back even though it sounded like one of those stories I used to read back then in school and I couldn't help but imagine the extent at which you have been well fed and adequately propitiated with media propaganda hence; the intrepidity to call on challenge.
With the way you presented yourself, I thought your vast experience about military hardwares in Russian and American possession would have unyoke your unawareness about some certain facts. Yes it is disturbing, illogical and unprofessional to think that American's aircratf can't only penetrate but also operate in Russian integrated air defence.
Well, to dislodge every possiblity of engaging you in an inconsequential argument, I have to watch and allow ignorance to torment you. ''sorry to say''.

1 Like

Re: A Show Of American Airforce Power- A Short Video by BLINGZ88: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
I know that i am not a military analyst, but if usa, russia, china and nato should go to was with each other, i can bet that before russia goes down, they will be a nuclear show down and usa will lose 80% of it citizen while russia will lose like 60%. And there goes the world economy. And the hypothesised nuclear winter(which i dont believe). I will be in my small village planting cocoa yam and yam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Names That Have Always Confused Me About Their Origin / Nigeria Is A Country Of 15 Nations / Update NIN Number Not Showing On NIMC App. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.