Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew (27201 Views)

Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers / AIT Benin Shut Down, Sacks All Workers / Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by mumoftwo(f): 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
Richard Branson had been weary of doing business in Nigeria ala the days of Virgin Nigeria and it is not unconnected with the issue of high level of corruption which is our bane in this country. this has nothing to do with Buhari administration. it is either we kill corruption or corruption will kill us. Shikena.

9 Likes

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by mommysgirl(f): 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
victorazy:

plz is that the size of ur brain?
Lmfaoooo grin grin
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by drnoel: 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
kingjizzy2:
According to fresh reports emerging one of British largest carriers, Virgin Atlantic, has laid off all of its Nigerian Cabin Crew members.

Emails from several affected former staff, has revealed that Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic Airways has laid off all their Nigerian cabin crew.

It was gathered that the Nigerian staff were allegedly given three weeks notice and no severance package irrespective of their length of service.

The number air-hostesses fired were about 20 and in 2014, the airline had closed down their Nigerian call centre and let go of all the Nigerian staff.

Owner, Richard Branson had at some point said he was weary about doing business in Nigeria, however it is not certian if that is the main reason for the recent layoff.Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew

http://www.ngtrends.com/2015/11/virgin-atlantic-airline-sacks-all-nigerian-cabin-crew-l-read-details/

OP u Bloggers will not kill the public with misrepresentation of Facts and reports.
Pls see link to read full Story:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/3332031/Virgin-sacks-cabin-crew-for-insulting-passengers-on-Facebook.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/virgin-atlantic-sacks-13-staff-for-calling-its-flyers-chavs-982192.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by nightmile: 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thats what you get when some people continue to destroy the country's image home and abroad through drug peddling.. I no mention tribe oh BUT WE KNOW THEM
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
NIGERIA...because it took USA over 100 years to get to where they are doesn't mean we have to wait 100 years to start making a Change!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by yorke1: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ephemmm:

'The number air-hostesses fired were about 20 and in 2014, the airline had closed down their Nigerian call centre and let go of all the Nigerian staff.'

You guys are just deficient upstairs when it comes to intelligent reasoning.

You that is deficient upstairs when it comes to intelligent reasoning, how come you skip where he said "he was weary about doing business in Nigeria".

Shatttttap hia.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Nnemuka(f): 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
where is the dullards body odour when you need it?
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Nnemuka(f): 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
nightmile:
Thats what you get when some people continue to destroy the country's image home and abroad through drug peddling.. I no mention tribe oh BUT WE KNOW THEM
LOL
When your dull president is moving around telling international communities that Nigeria is corrupt, broke and the worst country in the world you expect other people to trust her citizens? you can blame any tribe if it makes you feel ok but dont forget your dullard demarketed Nigeria in the first place.

sai baba grin
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by J3da: 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
Na awoof kill me O. ....... I saw a Notification from MTN
that reads....."your account is too low n you have #87
balance, if you need more airtime kindly DIAL
*322*214*AMOUNT # ", which I
hastily dialled without wasting time. 1st I dialled
*322*214*1000# and I got
credited with #1000 airtime and I was happy that MTN IS IN
TROUBLE.
l continued dialling until I got credited with #40,000, I was
in jubilation and I
wanted to do more when I received MESSAGES that
SHOCKED me from MTN.... It said... "You have successfully
Purchased your
AIRTIME through your GTB (BANK) ACCOUNT".
Shortly after, Alerts msgs came in, which was text msgs
from my GTB (BANK) that
the sum of #40,000 has been debited from my ACCOUNT !!!
Yeee!! Mogbe O!!!
Since morning My body system has not been the same.
Now I agree that true true AWOOF THEY PURGE BELLE,
I Dey purge now since morning oooo.... Ema gba mi kee!!!
Pls wetin I wan use 40k airtime do God punish
devil........

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Ephemmm: 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
yorke1:

You that is deficient upstairs when it comes to intelligent reasoning, how come you skip where he said "he was weary about doing business in Nigeria".

Shatttttap hia.

Notwithstanding your sentence that lacks clarity, these two sentences quoted below clearly showed the timing throughout the passage. 'Owner, Richard Branson had at some point said he was weary about doing business in Nigeria'

'The number air-hostesses fired were about 20 and in 2014, the airline had closed down their Nigerian call centre and let go of all the Nigerian staff'

Therefore, where is the logic in your statement 'he was weary about doing business in Nigeria' and your fallacy/assumption that the business doom started under the present administration?

Your brain is situated inside your skull, please locate it and use it for once.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by godwin120alex: 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
So bad which way NG cos na only SACK I dey hear left right and center
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by eleko1: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
I dnt converse with a minor.look for ur age mate/group ok.
victorazy:

plz is that the size of ur brain?
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by yorke1: 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ephemmm:

Notwithstanding your sentence that lacks clarity, these two sentences quoted below clearly showed the timing throughout the passage. 'Owner, Richard Branson had at some point said he was weary about doing business in Nigeria'

'The number air-hostesses fired were about 20 and in 2014, the airline had closed down their Nigerian call centre and let go of all the Nigerian staff'

Therefore, where is the logic in your statement 'he was weary about doing business in Nigeria' and your fallacy/assumption that the business doom started under the present administration?

Your brain is situated inside your skull, please locate it and use it for once.

I thought i am talking to someone that red the thread before commenting...you red it but decided to shy away from the truth or you are just simply dull. I won't waste my time replying you because you lack understanding.

gerara here.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by princew2(m): 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
How true is this story am reading
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
racism! let us protest this injustice!!
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by OBAGADAFFI: 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
amicable09:
Eya. I know someone directly affected. Poor crew members undecided Those guys were enjoying big time o!

I pray Labour union intervenes, it is wrong to lay-off/fire people for no reason.

Labour can't do anything.

Virgin. A is probably planing to leave Nigeria.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Kgdavid(m): 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
FullDepth1:
Crazy Crazy Crazy..

The Presidency should react to the "Branson being weary of doing Business in Nigeria"

This Sends a wrong signal...

I think the report meant to say "wary" not "weary", in which case Mr Branson cannot be faulted IMO.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by eleko1: 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
God bless U.The man has been complaining about corruption/those asking bribe from govt parastatal since the last administration to no avail.Nothing work until we stamp out the hydra head monster kal corruption
mumoftwo:
Richard Branson had been weary of doing business in Nigeria ala the days of Virgin Nigeria and it is not unconnected with the issue of high level of corruption which is our bane in this country. this has nothing to do with Buhari administration. it is either we kill corruption or corruption will kill us. Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Louislewis: 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
[size=20pt]Body language no catch this airline? "Change" in the air. Add these ones to sacked 65,000 construction company workers. Add these ones to sacked 1400 workers of Niger Dock, etc. 95% of them voted for Change. [/size]
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by amicable09(f): 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
OBAGADAFFI:

Labour can't do anything.

Virgin. A is probably planing to leave Nigeria.

Leave Nigeria totally? shocked. It can't happen na, they only laid off crew members, they still have their customer service agents and all other Nigerian staff in different departments. I think crew members are contract staff, not sure though.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by tivta(m): 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
I doubt the source, either way the economy is in stand still
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by eleko1: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
Listen up,the issue have nothing to do with BUHARI.Do u knw how many bankers/others lost their job in Jona govt? The man has been complaining about those thieves in govt asking him for bribe wic adversely affected his business.Come again,aviation business/maritime isn't moinmoin business
Nnemuka:
where is the dullards body odour when you need it?
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by cocoduck: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
You guys shouldn't forget when he posted a pro biafra picture on his twitter handle, now It is becoming clearer to me. Thank you very much Richard Branson
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Omooba77: 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
abbey621:

Fake journalism! The owner made a statement long ago before the incidence, it has nothing to do with the affected staff. Also to those commenting, what has Buhari got to do with this?
You just love defending lies. Ok Virgin no sack no Nigerian staff. Case closed. Construction companies too no sack......
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by ExInferis(m): 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
chronique:
Pathetic! In the last 6 months,unemployment has been on the rise;what kind of co-incedence is this? All we've been hearing are people being sacked or laid off from their jobs. What's actually going on? This is getting too much;government needs to find a way to halt this trend.

The item in bold is the reason some people are fired or cannot get jobs.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Originalsly: 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
This report is so inaccurate and misleading. Drnoel posted 2 sources on the firings .... bit then that's too much to read...... let's just swallow hook line and sinker whatever the bloggers post before our eyes....no reservations ....no questions we ask ourselves ....like sheep we follow blindly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by eleko1: 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
U think u have labor union here?Those pipu wey they fight for their own pocket.Even @ dat,there's nothing they can do to stop it.The man is weary of those thieves that asked him for bribe here and then.if nah u nkoh,u nor go tire?
amicable09:
Eya. I know someone directly affected. Poor crew members undecided Those guys were enjoying big time o!

I pray Labour union intervenes, it is wrong to lay-off/fire people for no reason.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by onatisi(m): 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Buharo body odor Is bad for good business. >sad
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by victorazy(m): 3:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
mommysgirl:

May Almighty God forgive you

amen sir
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by amicable09(f): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
eleko1:
U think u have labor union here?Those pipu wey they fight for their own pocket.Even @ dat,there's nothing they can do to stop it.The man is weary of those thieves that asked him for bribe here and then.if nah u nkoh,u nor go tire?

Hahahaha. Well, they can't totally stop it but they can do something here, employee rights have been violated. You give them 3 weeks notice to pack out but if they were to resign and tendered their resignation letter 3 weeks to the date they plan on leaving, they will be served a lawsuit. It is only in Nigeria this kind of crap is condoned.

I go to careers section and read stuff about indians abusing Nigerians working for them. What nonsense! Things they will not try in their home country and these Nigerians as many as they are can't speak up and they remain there forming loyalty and all what not. Anyway, this is Nigeria where we don't know how to be our brother's keeper, every little thing becomes a tribal matter. We love to push things aside and make it look like if it happened to someone from that tribe, it's ok, they deserve it. Until we become one Nigeria we can't put an end to this.

3 Likes

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by BodyKiss(m): 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
yorke1:

I thought i am talking to someone that red the thread before commenting...you red it but decided to shy away from the truth or you are just simply dull. I won't waste my time replying you because you lack understanding.

gerara here.

Please make use of your brain as adviced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do I Need To Quit My Job ? / Why Must Men Demand To Sleep With Female Marketers Before Buying AD Space? / Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.