Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew (27198 Views)

Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers / AIT Benin Shut Down, Sacks All Workers / Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by abbey621(m): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Omooba77:

You just love defending lies. Ok Virgin no sack no Nigerian staff. Case closed. Construction companies too no sack......

Not only construction companies, you don't like railroad companies or furniture companies.....nonsense!
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by ExInferis(m): 6:36pm On Nov 06, 2015
arabianights:

boss no deceive your self.getting on the internet just to make fool of someone is not worth it coz you are still not correct.

by the way.... you'd is never ever used in formal writting.please dont respond ,get off your ass and meet an english teacher.

You lame motherfuccker

Who told you i was aiming for formal english?

Tell me how I'm wrong, if you're so smart, you dweeb.

I've got more english in my pinky than your entire bloodline can ever attain.

Now, swerve jor. Go play with yourself or something.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Fimbosky01: 6:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
kingjizzy2:
According to fresh reports emerging one of British largest carriers, Virgin Atlantic, has laid off all of its Nigerian Cabin Crew members.

Emails from several affected former staff, has revealed that Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic Airways has laid off all their Nigerian cabin crew.

It was gathered that the Nigerian staff were allegedly given three weeks notice and no severance package irrespective of their length of service.

The number air-hostesses fired were about 20 and in 2014, the airline had closed down their Nigerian call centre and let go of all the Nigerian staff.

Owner, Richard Branson had at some point said he was weary about doing business in Nigeria, however it is not certian if that is the main reason for the recent layoff.Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew

http://www.ngtrends.com/2015/11/virgin-atlantic-airline-sacks-all-nigerian-cabin-crew-l-read-details/
Mtchewwwww.. .. Wen dem dey sack people for other place una no go talk, abeg make una go sleep
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by M4gunners: 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
Good news. quote me and see your you lose your own job next week.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by mommysgirl(f): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
victorazy:

amen sir
Ma angry
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by AmeLonRo(m): 1:32am On Nov 07, 2015
Below quote is the ownership structure of defunt Virgin Nigeria Airways. Girls and Guys in all these things lets learn. To make it without corruption you need to merge and cooperate with other people. Pull solid funds together and do huge legit biz, share profits and repeat. Instead of accusing lets face the lessons learnt. I am starting something and gathering some serious brains and minds. Send me a mail if only you are in or have advise. See my signature.

Overall ownership 51% Nigerian, 49% Technical Partner (Virgin Atlantic)
49% Virgin Atlantic Technical Partner (Owned, 51% Virgin, 49%Singapore Airlines)11% Capital Alliance Leading private equityinvestor, blue-chipinvestors/management10% Dantata Leading industrial/services conglomerate based in Muslim North4% Standard Trust Bank Largest Nigerian bank,
“new generation” strategy 26% Other NigerianInstitutional Investors17 other Nigerian insurancecompanies, banks,corporates, private equity firms (Adopted from Harford, (2005)).
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by rockyh(m): 9:47am On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:
This is not fair at all.
How can you sack people without severance pay?
Government should do something.
only in africa n to africans can such happen
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by obyno4444(m): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2015
kingjizzy2:
According to fresh reports emerging one of British largest carriers, Virgin Atlantic, has laid off all of its Nigerian Cabin Crew members.

Emails from several affected former staff, has revealed that Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic Airways has laid off all their Nigerian cabin crew.

It was gathered that the Nigerian staff were allegedly given three weeks notice and no severance package irrespective of their length of service.

The number air-hostesses fired were about 20 and in 2014, the airline had closed down their Nigerian call centre and let go of all the Nigerian staff.

Owner, Richard Branson had at some point said he was weary about doing business in Nigeria, however it is not certian if that is the main reason for the recent layoff.Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew

http://www.ngtrends.com/2015/11/virgin-atlantic-airline-sacks-all-nigerian-cabin-crew-l-read-details/

Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by badman007(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2015
That's discrimination and it's illegal, they should sue
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by Aitee1: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2015
brainzdh:
Too bad if it's true, this unemployment queue keeps increasing.

I'm telling you!!!
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by AfroKnight: 6:50am On Nov 10, 2015
mommysgirl:

Ma angry

Hmmm, I love this,... Chocolate with no make up... Natural and beautiful. embarassed I owe you a date.

But first,

'Ello Bae. cool
Re: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew by mommysgirl(f): 6:56am On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=AfroKnight post=39861165]

Hmmm, I love this,... Chocolate with no make up... Natural and beautiful. embarassed I owe you a date.

But first,

'Ello Bae. cool[/quote grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? / Why Must Men Demand To Sleep With Female Marketers Before Buying AD Space?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.